Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ (12125 Views)

MASSOB Introduces, Passport, Currency, Vehicle & Drivers Licences / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants / Personal Income Tax Reduced By PITA Ammendment? One Of The "Palliatives" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by geeez: 10:37am On Feb 04, 2013
The Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, yesterday said it will start collecting Biafran Income Tax from Ndigbo, beginning from February 16, 2013.

The new move by MASSOB was contained in a statement sent to National Mirror by its Director of Information, Comrade Uchenna Madu.

This development was coming at a time when MASSOB is predicting that Nigeria will disintegrate and cease to be a country at the end of 2014.

In the said statement, Madu said the introduction of 2013 Biafran income tax by their leader, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, was part of the ongoing consolidation of MASSOB’s government structures and diplomatic relations.

Shedding light on the extent they will go in collecting the tax, Madu said; “The collection of 2013 Biafran income tax will commence on February 16, throughout Biafra and Nigeria, where Biafrans reside, it is a mandatory tax, it is a mark of respect and honour to Biafra, a mandatory obligation for all Biafrans.”

He said for now, MASSOB as a genuine organisation has been busy establishing Biafran government, through the creation of regional structures and consolidation of diplomatic relations.

The director of information, who said that consistency is always their watchword, assured that as Biafrans that they shall never relent in their struggle or be discouraged by the waves of distraction around them.

Speaking to National Mirror on the issue of who will collect the tax on their behalf, Madu said; “Our security will go out to collect it, they will go to the markets and streets, in public places and other relevant places to collect the tax, our people are willing to pay, very willing, we have been announcing it and the response from people have been encouraging.”

The MASSOB spokesman urged the people to lend their support to the group, because Biafra is around the corner. He predicted that Biafra will bring the comfort and consolation seriously needed by every Igbo man.

Madu, who was full of optimism when he spoke to our Correspondent, said they don’t for see a clampdown from security agents, because what they are doing now does not concern them, stressing that they will not be deterred if the government starts to harass MASSOB agents again.

Sounding optimistic, Comrade Madu continued, “Government will never interfere, they won’t, this is about the people, government can never stop Ndigbo from paying Biafran tax, this is purely an income.”

He said they have now introduced the income tax, since the struggle is reaching its climax, when the organisation is putting in place government structures.

Speaking on when they hope to achieve their major objective of an independent and free Biafran state, Madu, who contended that they have no fixed time-frame for the realisation of their goal, however, maintained that Nigeria can break up any moment from now.

“That CIA prediction is certain, anything beyond 2014, Nigeria is living on expired ground, because, there will be no more anchor to hold Nigeria,” Madu said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/massob-introduces-biafran-income-tax/

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by geeez: 10:38am On Feb 04, 2013
Interesting
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 04, 2013
Odikwa serious! grin

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by chosen04(f): 11:12am On Feb 04, 2013
One step forward..........Nicely good!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by DuduNegro: 11:23am On Feb 04, 2013
timelines:

nov 5 2012....re dedication of biafra
feb 12 2013....constituion of biafra
feb 16 2013.....taxation of biafrans
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by PointB: 11:26am On Feb 04, 2013
A just and fair 'federal' republic of nigeria or Federal Republic Biafra, whichever comes first, I dey there!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by OurYansh: 11:29am On Feb 04, 2013
Empty noise-making barrels!!!

16 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by seanet01: 11:31am On Feb 04, 2013
what is the modus operandi so that JTF can conduct some shooting practices.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by eyenCalabar(m): 11:35am On Feb 04, 2013
Funny Biafran/MASSOB people grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Geomac: 11:45am On Feb 04, 2013
Funny people

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by dridowu: 11:47am On Feb 04, 2013
Ds should be in d comedy section

8 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2013
Sounds like someone needs money. grin

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Orikinla(m): 11:48am On Feb 04, 2013
[size=18pt]THESE PEOPLE ARE SICK![/size]
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2013

10 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by MadCow1: 11:49am On Feb 04, 2013
Dumb Niggas!

I have said it that the government should declare MASSOB a terrorist organisation and permit the Police to shoot them at sight.

I want the Federal Government to use these MASSOB folks as weapons training dummies for the armed forces and Police. If anyone is found flying the Biafran flag, shoot them dead. Anyone found inside a building that has the Biafran flag should be shot dead. Anyone found wearing Biafran colors should be shots well. Any congregation that is convened under Biafra, should be wiped out. Men, women and children... if an animal is involved in Biafra, kill it as well...

These Biafran leeches are now officially an embarrassment to progressive Ndi Igbos.

8 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 04, 2013
Knowing fully well that the end of Nigeria is nearing i will gladly pay my taxes but anyone that messes with the money will take a bullet from me. I aint taking the shit that happens in Nigeria in my new Biafra.

7 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 04, 2013

19 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 04, 2013
I don't think things like this that are potential igbo/yoruba dispute shld be on frnt page...pls let's stop all these bickering.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by kingblosky: 11:53am On Feb 04, 2013
eyenCalabar: Funny Biafran/MASSOB people grin grin grin
Ekpo Calabar; whats funny about Biafra ?. Must we throw bombs for people to know Biafra is not a dream but a reality ?. By the way there are a million funny things about Calabar people.. 1, Your accent . 2 , U love being house boys . 3, Your height . and I could go on and on.

Like it or not; the Sun is Rising again.

12 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by sayusuf(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2013
they are worse than boko haram

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by kpozite(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2013
very typical of Igbos money Frist

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by trix1: 11:54am On Feb 04, 2013
geeez:
Shedding light on the extent they will go in collecting the tax, Madu said; “The collection of 2013 Biafran income tax will commence on February 16, throughout Biafra and Nigeria, where Biafrans reside, it is a mandatory tax, it is a mark of respect and honour to Biafra, a mandatory obligation for all Biafrans.”

how do they intend to enforce collection of this tax? whats the penalty for non-payment? how many Nigerians even pay complete tax?

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 04, 2013
gboss4sure: Knowing fully well that the end of Nigeria is nearing i will gladly pay my taxes but anyone that messes with the money will take a bullet from me. I aint taking the shit that happens in Nigeria in my new Biafra.
get ready cos they will eat ur money! U don forget how una be wit money? All of una go kill una sef wit gun for dat criminal republic if ever it succeeds. Bet am!

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Smartjeezy(m): 11:58am On Feb 04, 2013
We are waiting...
My igbo brothers and sisters,i hate genocide ooo.Becareful
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
Illegal, they should be arrested and imprisoned.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
Mstchew,these brothers of mine eh...ego ga egbu unu.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by demmie1: 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
PStylish: [size=24pt]We Yorubas should leave our Igbo brothers alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That we can't be independent cos of our nature doesn't mean they can't.

Everything will pan out whenever however.

Ride on dear Igbos.

[/size]

who you be to claim Yoruba. Iya no lye omo ti'o bi o!

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Capnd143(m): 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hahahaha! Laughs in swahili ! Wetin i talk? Any move to disintegrate nigeria would be the greatest disaster of all time! Worse than 9/11 or hiroshima! If nigeria disintegrate in 2014 the consequences will be worse that WW11. The northern muslims break up, the south-west, the biafrans etc, nigeria will become very segmented piece of lands and without political structures,rigid govt, or "defense".
This will however become and oppurtunity for islamists saddist and AQIM to take advantage of the loosed govts and make this 'pieces' their haven. I strongly warn against disintegration of nigeria at this stage, it will mean eradication of half the entire black!!! race! Massob is a terrorist organization, biafra is a failed project! The ibgos are Nigerians! The are citizens of the world. I raise my case your lordship.

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by jmoore(m): 12:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ndiara!!! lele, ha choro iri m. Biafran income tax is a ridiculous idea. Seriously? the more I hear of this ridiclous idea the more I believe MASSOB is filled with people with no hope, no good plans for the future.

“That CIA prediction is certain, anything beyond 2014, Nigeria is living on expired ground, because, there will be no more anchor to hold Nigeria,” Madu said.

They said the world is going to end in 2012 but here we are in 2013. 2015, Nigeria marching to greatness.

Many Igbos are against biafra including me, biafra is a failed dream. Biafra is a dead dream. It is only those who are ignorant that we link the biafra to igbos only. The second in command during the civil war on the biafran side was Philip Effiong a calabar man, many tribes apart from igbos were part of the biafran side.If you ask a calabar man today if he wants to be part of biafra he will certainly look at you as if you are a fool.
Ojukwu died as a Nigerian, Biafra is past and can never be present or future.

May God bless Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by afolabirahman1: 12:18pm On Feb 04, 2013
Well, i wish igbo pple well,any secession shd be done peacefully this time .waiting for 2014.....

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by EzePromoe: 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
Na wa o. Some illegal task collectors will arise and people will pay triple or even tenple of what they're supposed to pay as task.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ongoing Violence Between Nasarawa And Benue States / Obiano Declares Zik’s Birthday Work-free Day- Pictures / Bandit Attacks: Protesting Zamfara Women Block Gusau-Kaduna Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.