Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? (278 Views)

How Best To Handle This My Ex? / Let's Create New Relationships: Romanceland Matchmaking Thread / Official Nairaland Matchmaking 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by SSpeter(m): 10:55am On Sep 27, 2023
I have a friend and a former colleague and I feel they will be suitable for each other. They are a bit close to me and both are matured. The guy has a daughter from his past relationship (his previous fiance was a German and she doesn't like the idea of visiting Naija...that was the bone of contention). The lady and I had worked previously in Naija before she relocated.

The question is, should I inform the lady first about the idea? Or should I tell the guy. Finally if there is a refusal will it affect my relationship with either of them? How would the rejected person look me in the face....or am I just overthinking?
Re: Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by Lungdick: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2023
SSpeter:

I have a friend and a former colleague and I feel they will be suitable for each other. They are a bit close to me and both are matured. The guy has a daughter from his past relationship (his previous fiance was a German and she doesn't like the idea of visiting Naija...that was the bone of contention). The lady and I had worked previously in Naija before she relocated.

The question is, should I inform the lady first about the idea? Or should I tell the guy. Finally if there is a refusal will it affect my relationship with either of them? How would the rejected person look me in the face....or am I just overthinking?

you can give it a trial.

Tell the two of them. If they like each other, they hook and if otherwise, life goes on.
Re: Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by Yugoslavia247(m): 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2023
Las las Dem go use you settle.

Dem go sideline you.

Better mind your business

Did they ask you.

Naso tomorrow you go write back 2 back essay of how you match make a friend now the he or she has turned the partner against you.
Re: Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by Lungdick: 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Dem go sideline you.

Did they ask you.

Naso tomorrow you go write back 2 back essay of how you match make a friend now the he or she has turned the partner against you.

true tho' they'll look for love when they are ready.
Re: Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2023
I once did hook up two people before... It was back in varsity when this other communications studies lecturer that I was close to asked me to hook him up with this other classmate of mine whom he once saw me with while we were walking to class.

In the beginning I didn't take him seriously, but he kept disturbing when he saw me and sometimes he'd even call me... He was in his late 20s, so he wasn't that old... I wasn't close to this classmate of mine, it just happened that we were walking together to class when he saw us.

At first, I didn't know how to approach her and break the news to her because she could already be in a relationship... One day I decided to wait for her after class and I broke the news to her, she asked that I tell her more about him and I did.. She didn't really seem interested until I told her that he did his tertiary education in Newcastle university in England.

I then gave the guy a feedback and he told me to bring the girl in his office after 4pm, he gave me the date for me to bring her and she also agreed... The day came and I brought the girl to his office and left... I was like "thank goodness, I'm finally free".. grin grin grin... Months later he left the country to further his studies in Cardiff university.

He returned a year later and I asked him about the relationship, he told me that he had to end it when he left the country because he can't go for more than two weeks without sex and he didn't want to cheat on her... I was really disappointed because he really kept disturbing me before I finally agreed to help him with the girl.

So if you want to hook up your two friends, you can do it, but make sure that there's a room for disappointments because things may not work out as you want them to.

2 Likes

Re: Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by Brandiebird: 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
Show each of them a picture of the other. Show the man first because rejection hits women differently. If the guy is interested then approach the woman and show her his picture and see what she thinks. Just let each one know that you think they’re well matched… If you know the guy is a fvck boi then have mercy on the woman and don’t link them up.
Re: Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by CloudTrees(f): 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2023
Discuss with the man first and show him 4 pictures of her.
Then discuss with the lady and let her know the guy is a Single Father grin
See if she won't mind
Re: Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by SSpeter(m): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Dem go sideline you.

Did they ask you.

you can say this in a nicer manner
Re: Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by SSpeter(m): 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
Samantha124:
I once did hook up two people before... It was back in varsity when this other communications studies lecturer that I was close to asked me to hook him up with this other classmate of mine whom he once saw me with while we were walking to class.

In the beginning I didn't take him seriously, but he kept disturbing when he saw me and sometimes he'd even call me... He was in his late 20s, so he wasn't that old... I wasn't close to this classmate of mine, it just happened that we were walking together to class when he saw us.

At first, I didn't know how to approach her and break the news to her because she could already be in a relationship... One day I decided to wait for her after class and I broke the news to her, she asked that I tell her more about him and I did.. She didn't really seem interested until I told her that he did his tertiary education in Newcastle university in England.

I then gave the guy a feedback and he told me to bring the girl in his office after 4pm, he gave me the date for me to bring her and she also agreed... The day came and I brought the girl to his office and left... I was like "thank goodness, I'm finally free".. grin grin grin... Months later he left the country to further his studies in Cardiff university.

He returned a year later and I asked him about the relationship, he told me that he had to end it when he left the country because he can't go for more than two weeks without sex and he didn't want to cheat on her... I was really disappointed because he really kept disturbing me before I finally agreed to help him with the girl.

So if you want to hook up your two friends, you can do it, but make sure that there's a room for disappointments because things may not work out as you want them to.
yeah that's the point I don't know whom to tell first. They are both doing ok but I don't know how either will handle the rejection and how it may affect our acquaintanceship
Re: Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by SSpeter(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2023
CloudTrees:
Discuss with the man first and show him 4 pictures of her.
Then discuss with the lady and let her know the guy is a Single Father grin
See if she won't mind
You are a bad boy, at least the guy should be able to accept rejection but pictures do differ from reality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matchmaking: How Best Is It Done? by SSpeter(m): 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
Brandiebird:
Show each of them a picture of the other. Show the man first because rejection hits women differently. If the guy is interested then approach the woman and show her his picture and see what she thinks. Just let each one know that you think they’re well matched… If you know the guy is a fvck boi then have mercy on the woman and don’t link them up.
I guess it is better this way too

(1) (Reply)

Give Your Review On OALE Phones / The Dark Side Of Male Narcissists | You Won't Believe The 10 Shocking Traits / Why Is My Case Different?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.