Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,998 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

"For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu (21800 Views)

Have Some Self Respect, He Will Not Help You – American Advises Tinubu Supporter / A Northerner Advises Tinubu On Kano / Shehu Sani Advises Tinubu To Learn From Abiola’s Travails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Coronavirus1: 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
Offpointng:
This Country should be put to a standstill until Justice is served to Mohbad's killers
Go out and protest the hardship killing more people daily.

1 Like

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
Nor be lie, he campaigned so much with cassava, eba, ewa and agbado. That's a good call coming from a very loyal supporter.

For those of you who don't know what commodification means; It simply means, using cassava, its end products as well as byproducts as a form of commodity trading/export to generate revenue. This will alllso help straighten the already depleting foreign reserves as well as reign in strong values for the naira as the government won't need to pay make currency exchange for goods desired because cassava can be used for payment. Agbado can also be commodified
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Jeyun: 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
sad Slow kid.Go and start 2027 campaign for your Eluup instead of CRYING BITTERLY online.Even 2027 nor sure OBI..After Shetima,we'll look for Rivers man.
no be only shetima, both Fatima and remi tinubu and him son by the time the suffer don reach when u go kill your father and mother eat in place of food na then u go no sey this thing no be about wether obi rule or not. Agbaya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Kukutente23: 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
Segzy19:
I wish that man can be given the chance to elaborate on his advice. He seems to have something about that advice.

We youths should be careful about disparaging or discarding things that we don't understand or doesn't make meaning to us. I see many comments here dismissing the guy simply because they don't understand what he said.
Let them invite him to shed more light
Shed more light on what?
Dude is saying nonsense
Naira is a currency not a commodity.
Currency in today's world is no line backed by gold or any other commodity like it used to be.
Naira value is dependent on how much of it is required vs how much of it is available in relation to other currencies.
So how can cassava or any other commodity help the Naira
How can the Naira be "commodified"
Just because he's wearing a cap with bat logo does not mean he's saying anything meaningful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Segzy19: 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
I have not said he is saying something meaningful or not. All I want him to do is to shed more light on his assertion. That's all...
I understand you point of currency being backed by gold and other valuable commodities..

Kukutente23:

Shed more light on what?
Dude is saying nonsense
Naira is a currency not a commodity.
Currency in today's world is no line backed by gold or any other commodity like it used to be.
Naira value is dependent on how much of it is required vs how much of it is available in relation to other currencies.
So how can cassava or any other commodity help the Naira
How can the Naira be "commodified"
Just because he's wearing a cap with bat logo does not mean he's saying anything meaningful

1 Like

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by jojothaiv(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2023
rex21:
I saw a lot of tweets on X explaining and supporting this so called Commodification of the naira policy. Some events this year strongly affirms my claims that Most Nigerians do not actually want good leadership. They just want to be part of the so called 'share the national cake' .
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Chibuzoripob: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2023
Jeyun:
no be only shetima, both Fatima and remi tinubu and him son by the time the suffer don reach when u go kill your father and mother eat in place of food na then u go no sey this thing no be about wether obi rule or not. Agbaya
The suffer wet don KILL Ur family finish.U go CRY well
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Biola67: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2023
Chetas81:
THE CITIZEN OF SHITHOLE SPOTTED, YOU AMONG OF THOSE CITIZEN WHO PREFER PALLIATIVE RATHER THAN GOOD GOVERNANCE,AWON ONIRANU FOLLOWERS OF APC GOVERNMENT
Cry me a river. How you feel is NONE of my business.
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Chetas81(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2023
Biola67:

Cry me a river. How you feel is NONE of my business.
of course every human being have their limits
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by emmanuelbrown26: 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
we warned them during election, Dem turn wale name to chinedu. I am not saying obi is saint but these were the reason baba was avoiding debate and mumu people still vote. We never see anything
Yorubas are d most dumbest tribe in Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Eagba(m): 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2023
Ejimeh269:
That journalist is making whole lot of sense but illiterates here are making mockery of him......if only the president could just listen and invite him to share more light how it will work. We need all hands to be on desk to solve Nigeria FX problem.
you my friend is the illiterate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by emmanuelbrown26: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
Jagabanarmy:
I spit on your head too that didn't support his presidency... rubbish!! Ok.. give us one solution you know since you know it all
Are u spitting on him or are u seeking for solution?
I said it d other time that Tinubu needs to swallow his pride and call business gurus to teach him how to move d economy forward, but his arrogance won't allow him

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by edungene7: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
Tinubulation has lost control he thinks Nigeria is Alausa Lagos were he sits and smoke marijuana at will while people from the south worked so hard through SMES to build the Lagos economy give Tinubulation 30years Nigeria will only be worst off because he is only a politician who plays the game of divide and rule Agbodorians don't even have data anymore to defend there fraud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by blackboy(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2023
I did not vote for either but Buhari will remain the worst president Nigeria will ever have. This mess we are in is because of him. 3rd term ko 20th term ni. Terrorist sympathiser and ethnic bigot to mention a few.
Taylor92:

Oga I didn’t vote nor supported Buhari but this is a heavy insult to Buhari

Buhari was paying fuel subsidy and fuel was N170

Tinubu is paying subsidy fuel is N600

I wish Buhari had insisted on third term instead of this disastrous Guinea fowl

Tinubu should be compared to dead body not a living thing
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by emmanuelbrown26: 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
zoghys:

And you with a brain full of ideas, why don't you contest for councilorship in your area. Most of you come on social media to abuse your grandfather's mate just because this is a faceless forum. Ode omo jatijati
Rice bandit like u. Shey Tinubu dun hit d ground running
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by lawani: 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Are u spitting on him or are u seeking for solution?
I said it d other time that Tinubu needs to swallow his pride and call business gurus to teach him how to move d economy forward, but his arrogance won't allow him

If he swallows his pride, I URGE you not to support him. If you do, he can still later send assassins after you.
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
rex21:
I saw a lot of tweets on X explaining and supporting this so called Commodification of the naira policy. Some events this year strongly affirms my claims that Most Nigerians do not actually want good leadership. They just want to be part of the so called 'share the national cake' .
Do you even understand the policy suggestion?

Memyselfu2009:
That's guy needs to explain more.

Am interested .

I think it's best we do research on what this man is saying

Honestly he is making sense
He is. Crude oil is priced in US dollar, forcing you to change your money to USD to buy crude oil. Palm oil is priced in Malaysian currency. Why can't cassava be priced in naira since we produce 25% of the world's output, forcing other countries to change their money to naira to buy cassava?
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by osazsky(m): 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2023
Sir wat of corn

1 Like

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by enemyofprogress: 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2023
Mynd44 na wetin be commodification of the naira?
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by zoghys: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Rice bandit like u. Shey Tinubu dun hit d ground running

Pele ooo, garri bandit
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Bananapill: 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTZYenx9g2g

A Nigerian journalist was filmed in a viral video giving out advice to President Bola Tinubu as he was heading out of a meeting.

The man who identified himself as Ayodeji Bakare, asked President Bola Tinubu to “use cassava in the commodification of the Naira”.

What has cassava got to do with the naira? Can cassava bring enough Forex to Nigeria?
Could it be he is mocking Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by seguno2: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2023
oyeb15:
Tinubu lost it from day one. Hes like a bricklayer that was asked to fix a crack but rather demolish d whole house. Now he cant even build d house as he met it and d residents are now homeless.

I love this analogy. Beautiful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Blitzerz: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2023
ufotunang:
....so they came to eat their share of the national cake and increase the size of their bank accounts...abi 🙄
Before

1 Like

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by Amount(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
Jagabanarmy:
I spit on your head too that didn't support his presidency... rubbish!! Ok.. give us one solution you know since you know it all

You want expo...
Never will you get it right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by ufotunang: 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
Blitzerz:

Before
... nawaoooo..... nigerians has entered one chance 🙄
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by BossGerald: 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2023
Offpointng:
This Country should be put to a standstill until Justice is served to Mohbad's killers

So you want to divert people's attention from this failed govt you support

1 Like

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by rex21: 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
JuanDeDios:

Do you even understand the policy suggestion?

He is. Crude oil is priced in US dollar, forcing you to change your money to USD to buy crude oil. Palm oil is priced in Malaysian currency. Why can't cassava be priced in naira since we produce 25% of the world's output, forcing other countries to change their money to naira to buy cassava?
So, what is stopping us from requesting for the naira in exchange for our cassava ??
Look at the figures i googled, how true are they ??

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
rex21:

So, what is stopping us from requesting for the naira in exchange for our cassava ??
That's what will happen if this policy suggestion is implemented and it succeeds. Right now, you, rex21, can't just show up asking a Vietnamese trader to pay in cassava - he doesn't have it. But if our government makes a policy around it, our trade minister will reach out to other cassava-producing countries, and once they agree, bingo, anybody coming to buy cassava, whether American or Russian or Vietnamese, will already knows that he has to find naira to pay for it. That way, the naira is tied to a commodity (cassava) and that is "commodification".

1 Like

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by IamOrei(m): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
Taylor92:
I now see why Tinubu was avoiding interviews because he’s so empty upstairs

Tinubu should just leave presidency and venture into farming

I’ve never seen a useless & clueless adult like Tinubu

Imagine the mockery?

How Cassava wan bring solution to this country in coma

I spit on the head of everyone who supported this imbecilee

Tinubu empty upstairs?
i dnt care abt ur level of education but i can bet with anything that u are not as intelligent as that man.
only an unintelligent being will call that man clueless

1 Like

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by rex21: 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
JuanDeDios:

That's what will happen if this policy suggestion is implemented and it succeeds. Right now, you, rex21, can't just show up asking a Vietnamese trader to pay in cassava - he doesn't have it. But if our government makes a policy around it, our trade minister will reach out to other cassava-producing countries, and once they agree, bingo, anybody coming to buy cassava, whether American or Russian or Vietnamese, will already knows that he has to find naira to pay for it. That way, the naira is tied to a commodity (cassava) and that is "commodification".
Bro, we should build our currency around something that is worth less than $4bn annually ??
Something our own share isn't even up to $1bn
Wetin you dey explain sef.
Moreover, we can always ask for naira in exchange for our goods. Nobody is stopping us, the question is the economic feasibility.

1 Like

Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
rex21:

Look at the figures i googled, how true are they ??
I've seen the figures. We produce 25%. We eat a lot of it, so we don't export 25%. But we're still the largest player as far as that commodity goes - so we can still go for it.
Re: "For Commodification Of Naira, Use Cassava" - Journalist Advises Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
rex21:

Bro, we should build our currency around something that is worth less than $4bn annually ??
Wetin you dey explain sef.
Moreover, we can always ask for naira in exchange for our goods. Nobody is stopping us, the question is the economic feasibility.
How does using the cassava to commodify the naira amount to "building our currency around" it or stop you from using it for other things? Is it either or?

And what's "economic feasibility"? You're out of our depth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joining PDP Doesn't Affect Saraki's Position As Senate President - Prof. Sagay / APC Primary: Tinubu Douses Political Tension In Ondo / Ugwuanyi, House Members, State EXCO, Pay Condolence Visit To Ekweremadu’s Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.