Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize (2609 Views)

Photo Of Yemi Osinbajo And Chimamanda Adichie / Why Jakande And Tinubu Didn’t Get Along / Nwaoboshi: Akpabio’s Allegation Untrue, I Didn’t Get 53 Contracts From NDDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by ASAPFERG: 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
Because igbos are an inferior race..

Shikina cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Judgementa1: 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2023
Copy copy writer Achebe and chimanda

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by ASAPFERG: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2023
Wisereborn:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lies go wound una, una mind no go touch ground grin

You picked the wrong people, cause these people are doing great without your yeye prize

Even in death, Chinua Achebe is more popular than Wole Soyinka.

Chinua Achebe rejected your worldly conferment, awards that does not represent the realities on ground

Chinua Achebe was consistent all through his life!!!

Their books/works was used nationwide till date!

Great people recognize great work

The rate at which you guys propagate lies on Nairaland these days is alarming
chinua achebe is Soyinka's boy and will forever remain so tongue

Let it continue to pain you cursed osus till your various deaths grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Antivirus92(m): 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2023
Idiots quoting themselves and replying themselves...

Even in death, achebe giant spirit still chase Yoruba pastors in the dream.
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by OneCandleAway(f): 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

But u once claimed to be Yoruba, Alas, this isnt even politics yet u are quick to do this to your supposed tribesman

Yoruba Indeed cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So because I'm yoruba I won't call out people because of tribe.

When he was saying with certainty that someone came third with no facts to support his claim, people like him pushed Jonathan out for Buhari and didn't have the Guts to speak out during buhari tenure.
Please give me the ronu card you use to buy cheap fuel and the loan for students so I can begin to kiss tinubu ass.

I'd osinbajo was the President I will support wholeheartedly not this criminal in aso rock.
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Kukutente23: 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2023
This post needs to be taken down.
I find it ridulous.
Things fall apart is a book most if not all students of secondary schools in Nigeria in the early 90s to late 2000s were expected to have read in their English comprehension classes.
Yet no one on this thread could point out to the ignorant Op that relevant portion of W.B Yeats' poem was actually quoted as a prologue to the book. Instead, they took the bait and each one went where his prejudice led him to concerning the matter.
It is either the tamdun or is it tampon now does not know what entails plagiarism or he's just ignorantly rehashing whatever he found on the net without bothering to find out whether it's true or not.
You guys are disgracing our education system with this tribal baiting and bashing which you're using to replace your common sense.
Shame!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by ASAPFERG: 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2023
Antivirus92:
Idiots quoting themselves and replying themselves...

Even in death, achebe giant spirit still chase Yoruba pastors in the dream.
in your akpu filled skull grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by femisplash: 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2023
tishbite42:
As for Chimamanda Adichie, she wrote all the books that was used in crafting 'Half of a Yellow Sun'.
If there's any inspiration for that book, then the book is 'Sunset at Dawn' by Chukwuemeka Ike.
Sade or whatever nonsense are lies
Why would a Yoruba woman write about Biafra. Like, where's the inspiration coming from?!
The woman in question is ibo, her name is Anne Giwa-Amu. She was on Youtube exposing the shady characters of Achebe and Chimamanda. The title was changed from "Sade" to "half of a yellow sun" with the connivance of Achebe.

6 Likes

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Madups(m): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2023
Lol! Laff wan kee me.
GODPUNISHALABI:
Afonjars jacking each other off lol
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by tamdun: 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2023
Kukutente23:
I find it ridulous.
Things fall apart is a book most if not all students of secondary schools in Nigeria in the early 90s to late 2000s were expected to have read in their English comprehension classes.
Yet no one on this thread could point out to the ignorant Op that relevant portion of W.B Yeats' poem was actually quoted as a prologue to the book. Instead, they took the bait and each one went where his prejudice led him to concerning the matter.
It is either the tamdun or is it tampon now does not know what entails plagiarism or he's just ignorantly rehashing whatever he found on the net without bothering to find out whether it's true or not.
You guys are disgracing our education system with this tribal baiting and bashing which you're using to replace your common sense.
Shame!!
Did Chinua give credit to the person he copied from?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Raf4: 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
christejames:
What has Wole Shitonka achieved with the one he has? undecided

At least, your entire region/generation are envious of him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Raf4: 8:26pm On Sep 28, 2023
What a revelation!
Piracy runs in their bloodline!!
"B!afraud" for a reason!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by tamdun: 8:28pm On Sep 28, 2023
Raf4:

At least, your entire region/generation are envious of him.
grin
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by spearman(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
Chinua Achebe clearly stole "Arrow of God".
‘A Source for Arrow of God:’ Matters Arising
Charles E. Nnolim, NNOM
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education
Port Harcourt
When ‘A Source for Arrow of God’ was published as a lead article by Research in African Literatures (Volume 8, No. 1, Spring 1977), it
caused a stir among literary critics, some of them demanding proofs. Professor Bernth Lindfors, editor of Research in African
Literatures, before publishing the article wrote me (January 29,1976):
I think you have done a fine piece of detective work and I am eager to publish your essay on Arrow of God. Although our Fall
1976 issue is now fairly full, I might be able to squeeze it in there, and if not, we will use it as a lead article in our Spring 1977 number …. I think the article is fine as it stands. You lay all the cards on the table, and I think you have a very persuasive case

1 Like

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by spearman(m): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2023
Kukutente23:
I find it ridulous.
Shame!!

Confirmed thief, Chinua Achebe clearly stole "Arrow of God".

‘A Source for Arrow of God:’ Matters Arising
Charles E. Nnolim, NNOM
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education
Port Harcourt
When ‘A Source for Arrow of God’ was published as a lead article by Research in African Literatures (Volume 8, No. 1, Spring 1977), it
caused a stir among literary critics, some of them demanding proofs. Professor Bernth Lindfors, editor of Research in African
Literatures, before publishing the article wrote me (January 29,1976):
I think you have done a fine piece of detective work and I am eager to publish your essay on Arrow of God. Although our Fall
1976 issue is now fairly full, I might be able to squeeze it in there, and if not, we will use it as a lead article in our Spring 1977 number …. I think the article is fine as it stands. You lay all the cards on the table, and I think you have a very persuasive case

2 Likes

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by GeneralPula: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2023
femisplash:
A certain wowan gave her manuscript titled "Sade" to Chinua Achebe who later handed the manuscript to Chimamanda who then went ahead to plagiarize the manuscript into her own book. The woman called out Chimamanda but she couldn't deny it. The news was on FP, if you check, you'd find it. But my first of hearing that of " things fall apart"..
I’m also reading this for the first time too..

Kindly help me with thread link..

1 Like

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by GeneralPula: 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2023
Goke7:
Guys let's stop this, they are all Nigerians we should be proud of, I know many of us are hurt because of some things that make us dig each other faults out but with all these, we are only making matters worse for our dear country and pulling ourselves apart the more.

Let's allow every soul to breathe, please.
Igbos are fond of starting what they can’t finish. Did you know since how long they’ve been trying to drag Soyinka? Did you know they even signed petition to Nobel laureate to come collect their award from Soyinka? Award wey their papa give ham! grin

This elections shows the *bring him Down syndrome* of Igbos towards Yoruba. Their biggest pain is that all their efforts are usually in vain!

6 Likes

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by femisplash: 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2023
GeneralPula:

I’m also reading this for the first time too..

Kindly help me with thread link..
Bro, type "Chimamanda accused of theft", NL would pop it up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by GeneralPula: 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2023
femisplash:
Bro, type "Chimamanda accused of theft", NL would pop it up.
I don see ham bro..

Shimamanda is a thief that’s riding on a stolen fame..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Kukutente23: 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2023
spearman:

Confirmed thief, Chinua Achebe clearly stole "Arrow of God".

You must be really ignorant to say a book of over 200 pages was stolen from an article.
Are you guys really this ignorant or just trolling
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Kukutente23: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2023
tamdun:

Did Chinua give credit to the person he copied from?
Why don't you consult the book to confirm?
You've never seen the book but you know do much about it to label it plagiarism.
This is a totally dumb way to reason and I'm ashamed on your behalf.
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Rossikk(m): 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2023
christejames:
What has Wole Shitonka achieved with the one he has? undecided

It's an award for excellence. What the hell is he supposed to ''achieve'' with it apart from the honour bestowed on him?

For intellectual midgets like you of course with morals in the gutter, if he didn't end up a multi-billionaire, it means nothing.

What else does ''achievement'' mean to you except money?

USELESS GENERATION.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by femisplash: 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
GeneralPula:

I don see ham bro..

Shimamanda is a thief that’s riding on a stolen fame..
Her godfather, Achebe was equally bad, they both involved in intellectual theft.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by femisplash: 10:53pm On Sep 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

You must be really ignorant to say a book of over 200 pages was stolen from an article.
Have you ever heard of plagiarism?. pls, don't disgrace those that paid your school fees.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by GeneralPula: 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2023
femisplash:
Her godfather, Achebe was equally bad, they both involved in intellectual theft.
Ashebe is a pathological thief & sadist!

4 Likes

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by spearman(m): 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2023
Thiefnamanda theft video.

Similarities between SADE and Half of a Yellow Sun
Anne Giwa-Amu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqmx2CVEBdg

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by femisplash: 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
GeneralPula:

Ashebe is a pathological thief & sadist!
I'm at loss for words by this revelation, the respect i had for Achebe has gone valley lower.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by femisplash: 11:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
spearman:
Thiefnamanda theft video.
Similarities between SADE and Half of a Yellow Sun Anne Giwa-Amu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqmx2CVEBdg
Shimamanda, a glory thief.

5 Likes

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by spearman(m): 11:15pm On Sep 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

Thief Achebe stole the Arrow of God story from a pamphlet by Simon Nnolim "The History of Umuchu" and the article was written by Charles E. Nnolim who uncovered Achebe's theft of his uncle's work.

"What I found curious is that Achebe did not acknowledge the source which he obviously studied and whose use does him no injury." Charles E. Nnolim nephew of the author of "The History of Umuchu" who uncovered Achebe's plagiarism.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Kukutente23: 4:41am On Sep 29, 2023
femisplash:
Have you ever heard of plagiarism?. pls, don't disgrace those that paid your school fees.
Keep quiet!!
A lot of you ignorant folks who know next to nothing just come online to spill nonsense. Let's even assume what the guy claims about Arrow of God is true. So if I read an article of 3 pages, get an idea from it and develop the idea into a novel of 200 pages, that's plagiarism abi? You lots that have zero idea of creative writing just come online to write nonsense bars on tribal sentiments.
Secondly, was the article published under relevant copyright laws? Or you think if a writer does not prevent anyone from lifting all or part of his works, doing so is plagiarism?
You halfwits need to be quiet!!
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Kukutente23: 4:46am On Sep 29, 2023
spearman:

Thief Achebe stole the Arrow of God story from a pamphlet by Simon Nnolim "The History of Umuchu" and the article was written by Charles E. Nnolim who uncovered Achebe's theft of his uncle's work.

"What I found curious is that Achebe did not acknowledge the source which he obviously studied and whose use does him no injury." Charles E. Nnolim nephew of the author of "The History of Umuchu" who uncovered Achebe's plagiarism.
Are you aware Shakespeare got inspiration for some of his works from Julius Caesar? Does that make Shakespeare's work plagiarism?
You lots are just ignorant
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Ikpaitid: 4:59am On Sep 29, 2023
Because they were IPOB goats 🐐

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Slash ₦‎344 Billion NASS 2024 Budget – SERAP Tackles Akpabio, Abbas / The Nigeria Air Force / FG To Ban NMA, JOHESU Over Incessant Strikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.