Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,344 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize (2610 Views)

Photo Of Yemi Osinbajo And Chimamanda Adichie / Why Jakande And Tinubu Didn’t Get Along / Nwaoboshi: Akpabio’s Allegation Untrue, I Didn’t Get 53 Contracts From NDDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by intruder15(m): 11:37pm On Sep 29, 2023
BentizilL0:

This is the hypocrisy I hate...
I read Achebe before Soyinka or chimanda...
You need to understand that you can't be dragging a respected son of Yoruba and expect them to respect your own son dead or alive...

You mention Soyinka, they mentioned Achebe. You came here writing rubbish with victim mentality... Mention chimanda would've been a great disrespect to Soyinka..

Respect the dead. That's all I asked. If that's too much to ask, ride on.
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by dragunov: 3:07am On Sep 30, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Igbos have never hid the fact that they love to make copies of anything from fake sandals to fake spare parts...
Now it's fake literature.😉😜😜😜😜😜

2 Likes

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by dragunov: 3:08am On Sep 30, 2023
intruder15:

Respect the dead. That's all I asked. If that's too much to ask, ride on.

There's no rule that says we have to. Adolf Hitler is dead but people are still talking shit about him all over the world till date.😉 Trust me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by dragunov: 3:22am On Sep 30, 2023
Wisereborn:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lies go wound una, una mind no go touch ground grin

You picked the wrong people, cause these people are doing great without your yeye prize

Even in death, Chinua Achebe is more popular than Wole Soyinka.

Chinua Achebe rejected your worldly conferment, awards that does not represent the realities on ground

Chinua Achebe was consistent all through his life!!!

Their books/works was used nationwide till date!

Great people recognize great work

The rate at which you guys propagate lies on Nairaland these days is alarming

Why is it that your own is always different? Why are you so adverse to facts and evidences? Must everything be about tribe? Cannibals everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by dragunov: 3:31am On Sep 30, 2023
Antivirus92:
Idiots quoting themselves and replying themselves...

Even in death, achebe giant spirit still chase Yoruba pastors in the dream.

Dey wind yasef
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by dragunov: 3:34am On Sep 30, 2023
ASAPFERG:
in your akpu filled skull grin grin grin

😜😜😜😜😛😛😛😛😝😝😝
You people will not kee me here!
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by dragunov: 3:38am On Sep 30, 2023
GeneralPula:

Igbos are fond of starting what they can’t finish. Did you know since how long they’ve been trying to drag Soyinka? Did you know they even signed petition to Nobel laureate to come collect their award from Soyinka? Award wey their papa give ham! grin

This elections shows the *bring him Down syndrome* of Igbos towards Yoruba. Their biggest pain is that all their efforts are usually in vain!

😜😜😜😝😝😝😝😝 Like all there other efforts since Zik saw Lagos. It's always a back to back failure.

1 Like

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by dragunov: 3:41am On Sep 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

You must be really ignorant to say a book of over 200 pages was stolen from an article.
Are you guys really this ignorant or just trolling

😜😜😜 Kukutente! Ewejoko bàbá! How is Pakitiyanmoyanmo?
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by dragunov: 3:44am On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:

It's an award for excellence. What the hell is he supposed to ''achieve'' with it apart from the honour bestowed on him?

For intellectual midgets like you of course with morals in the gutter, if he didn't end up a multi-billionaire, it means nothing.

What else does ''achievement'' mean to you except money?

USELESS GENERATION.

My lawd! Intellectual midget! That was cold.😝😝😝😝

1 Like

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by dragunov: 4:03am On Sep 30, 2023
BentizilL0:

I've read only one Achebe's (There was a country), his type of books don't turn me on. I prefer something else.. I saw his books many times when I was in juniors then in my school library but only glance and nothing else.

I've read few Soyinka's, not my type too..

I grew up liking Achebe even when I did not know him.. You want to know why??.
It's simply because I hate the type of praise people in my school then always heap on Soyinka, so I want to be different. They gave him a godlike status...

Respect to Achebe, he's the first Nigeria author I look up his biography and it's because I want something to counter my friends...

I don't want to compare the two, I think they're both different.. But it's hypocrisy for Igbo to drag Soyinka and cry victim when Yoruba drag Achebe. I've seen it happen many time here and on various SM. No one has monopoly of violence.

Meanwhile, I'm an Edo man... I've always watch with disgust how you guys always tag everyone not supporting Yoruba. I think it's time you learn that we have more than Yoruba and Igbo in southern Nigeria... 💯

Mr Edo man, you're sub-yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Artscollection: 7:37am On Sep 30, 2023
Some people can be bitter for nothing, the idiot didn't read things fall apart. A story that every igbo indigene that grew up in the east can identify with. And oyibos are so daft that the same novel was translated into more than 5 different languages.
Re: Why Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Didn’t Get Nobel Prize by Wisereborn: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2023
dragunov:

Why is it that your own is always different? Why are you so adverse to facts and evidences? Must everything be about tribe? Cannibals everywhere!
Tribe Who is talking about tribe here

Anyways, you just did. Continue. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Real Cruise.see Comment That Is Reigning Now / APC Buries Amaechi Alive, Appoints Wike's Man To Lead Rivers Chapter / Orji Kalu says President Obasanjo is Corrupt. EFCC Investigates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.