Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down (29640 Views)

Tax On Radio/television (buhari Or Legit?) / NLC Tells Workers To Prepare For Indefinite Strike, / Minimum Wage: NLC Begins Indefinite Strike Jan. 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Desusi: 3:14am On Oct 01, 2023
Betanaija42moro:
The strike is long overdue.
That's the only language that the Government understand
I agreed with you brother!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by InvertedHammer: 3:49am On Oct 01, 2023
/
The strike may not happen.

And if it happens, it won't reach Friday.

The FG will call NLC and TUC to the negotiation table and as usual, feed them with empty promises. NLC and TUC will gleefully call off the strike only to realize that they have been played again.

NLC forgets that Nigerians love suffering as long as it is not for just causes. What is happening in Nigeria should not be about fuel subsidy only. Everything has gone to the dogs.

/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by joejah33: 4:12am On Oct 01, 2023
Blessedchy3:
please guys please don't just scroll pass. please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. May GOD bless you

Acct num: Faith
First Bank
go find better work, e no easy for anybody

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by joejah33: 4:14am On Oct 01, 2023
Kokorokopeniis:
As a man, you suppose check my signature.
If after one week you do not get your desired result, you can report my bank account for fraud.
am in bro, help a fellow brother
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by UnfairLife7(m): 4:24am On Oct 01, 2023
Dreal1247:
It may hold but won't last long as the Federal Government will try to respond quickly. But the truth be told, the Federal Government is not serious. You mean that since June, they have never come up with anything substancial for the workers? This Government needs to experience sufficient high -handedness from the masses. They are only pretending. They actually wanted to use the court injunctions to silence the workers without talking any meaningful action to soothen the effects of subsidy removal.
government workers are less than 10% of our population. What then would happen to the 90% population? Increasing minimum wage is not the way out or solution to the hardship

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by UnfairLife7(m): 4:34am On Oct 01, 2023
Burob:
After the purported strike, your suffering will quadruple, then you will turn around & blame Bola Tinubu for your new level of self infliction.

https://punchng.com/elections-again-nlc-declares-support-for-obi/?amp

Because The Hypocrite NLC is angry that their candidate lost the general election, they want to strike?
you be mumu. No be everything be politics. The same Tinubu that removed subsidy immediately without any plan to coshon the effect protest against Jonathan even when Nigeria was still good then

What goes around comes around

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by UnfairLife7(m): 4:36am On Oct 01, 2023
newnigerdelta00:

Strike your head first........is it by strike that will make this good in this hard time, owner nor well .... Peter HOEBEE God will expose you soon
another disgusting RONU spotted.
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 4:57am On Oct 01, 2023
Nwodosis:
Seems Nigerians want to speak to Tinubu in bulabanic language that he understands.

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by orikoku: 5:11am On Oct 01, 2023
Reinaldo:
Renewed............
shege

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by SacredRuler3: 5:29am On Oct 01, 2023
maysjohnston:
Can this Strike actually hold? Cos some workers have not been paid.

Do you know why please? Very unusual
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by johnjose68: 5:32am On Oct 01, 2023
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2023/09/30/indefinite-strike-radio-television-others-to-shut-down/

I.pobian trying everything, including fake news, to promote anything that will shut down the country. grin angry
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by cyberguy72(m): 5:39am On Oct 01, 2023
accordadoga30:
Hehehehe

Na still poor man go suffer am

Rich man get sub to watch cable tv.

This Ipobic NLC president has the same approach with Simon Ekpa (scatter-it-all approach) but the only difference is that he doesn't carry gun but e fit dey carry am for mid-night anyways as we know the people get that kind profession
When u go get sense??
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Creativity22: 5:41am On Oct 01, 2023
illicit:
MTV base, Mnet, NatGeo no go strike

No P

🙄
Lol. They will not. But we need you outside to shutdown this country
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by bayelsaowei(m): 6:19am On Oct 01, 2023
famology:
This NLC issue shows that the chief of staff to the president, Femi Gbajabiamila is incompetent. He lacks negotiation skills.
negotiation skills without integrity amounts to nothing...

Is there trust? Is the Nigerian government trustworthy.. without the action of strikes and violent protest can the government on its own really think about the masses and its labor force?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Emma1Oj(m): 6:20am On Oct 01, 2023
Burob:
After the purported strike, your suffering will quadruple, then you will turn around & blame Bola Tinubu for your new level of self infliction.

https://punchng.com/elections-again-nlc-declares-support-for-obi/?amp

Because The Hypocrite NLC is angry that their candidate lost the general election, they want to strike.
Be open minded when you are having a conversation. Don't jus open your mouth and spill things out of sentiment,abuse or tribalism. What is NLC requests to FG? Is this the first admin that NLC is going on strike? Was Obi the creator of LP? What relationship do LP n NLC has in common and spelling? Don't make me believe you're jus a grown up adult without a deep sense of reasoning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by clockwisereport: 6:20am On Oct 01, 2023
toprealman:

I’m sure if you can mention what you do, you would have gotten help.
What is you profession? What kind of job can you do? You cannot beg forever.

That guy is a fraudster. His real name is Anthony Munachi Okeke
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by clockwisereport: 6:20am On Oct 01, 2023
Obrigardo:

Do you have a problem? How many times have i seen this type of post in the past few weeks?

Few weeks?

He has been here for over 3 years

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by ruggedtimi(m): 6:31am On Oct 01, 2023
mecuries:
Do people still watch local stations?
arise tv and channels na wetin??..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by ojex004: 6:35am On Oct 01, 2023
Internet no go on strike, no problem
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Tracey000000900(m): 6:40am On Oct 01, 2023
Here to read the comments.. grin grin

Listening to fall in love by oritse femi undecided
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by OdefaGirl(f): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2023
enemyofprogress:
This news just dey sweet me for body. Even nairaland is going to shut down during the strike

SMA baby food is now #14,500 fa, ajepako, fatymore, folake4u, funkybabee, Sweetplum, odefagirl, Dpen11 and Midehi3 if you are on top of anything now, jump down, for your own good 💯🏃

The strike is coming at the wrong time for me. Hopefully, it doesn't hold
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Nicepoker(m): 7:52am On Oct 01, 2023
illicit:
MTV base, Mnet, NatGeo no go strike

No P

🙄
I am sure you are buying expensive petrol to watch those channels
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by enemyofprogress: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2023
OdefaGirl:

The strike is coming at the wrong time for me. Hopefully, it doesn't hold
why? You wan do your wedding at that time? Abeg postpone your wedding jo. This is a national assignment jo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Ishilove: 8:23am On Oct 01, 2023
Issokay
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Ishilove: 8:26am On Oct 01, 2023
Ikani22:

Did I hear you say some workers? No federal civil servant has received his or her September 2023 salary.
Very true. The person I know is just lamenting. A worker in one of the federal ministries
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Ishilove: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2023
AskProf:

Are you cursed?

Angel, Angela, Uyom, Oyom, Faith S H, Blessing, Shiando, Angell, Ubi etc is the same and one person, a MALE.

ANTHONY M. OKEKE, the scammer, thief, impostor with 10 years experience and 260 monikers.

You operate 18 bank accounts in UBA, Fidelity, First Bank, Kuda, Union Bank, GTB, Stanbic, Opay etc.

Tufiakwa
Hian. This one has turned it to a full time career. What a cursed human being

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Ishilove: 8:29am On Oct 01, 2023
Obrigardo:

Do you have a problem? How many times have i seen this type of post in the past few weeks?
He has about 20 different account numbers and up to twice the username on this forum alone. First grade lazy bum

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Ishilove: 8:30am On Oct 01, 2023
toprealman:

I’m sure if you can mention what you do, you would have gotten help.
What is you profession? What kind of job can you do? You cannot beg forever.
Don't bother. The person behind that moniker is a full time career beggar with several years experience on Nairaland. A cursed and unfortunate individual indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Donedeal1(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2023
But the foreign ones would be working

That is OK.
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by BigIyanga: 8:52am On Oct 01, 2023
accordadoga30:
Hehehehe

Na still poor man go suffer am

Rich man get sub to watch cable tv.

This Ipobic NLC president has the same approach with Simon Ekpa (scatter-it-all approach) but the only difference is that he doesn't carry gun but e fit dey carry am for mid-night anyways as we know the people get that kind profession
Nonsense obsession with IPOB that has no bearing in National issues.
So IPOB forced FG to remove subsidy without palliatives?

So IPOB asked FG to inflict hardship on Naija workers by negotiating in a bad faith.

What is the FG’s solution? That workers should manage old salaries with 400% increase in fuel prices?

So NLC is only fighting for its IPOB members?

When una go use ur common sense??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce: Let Us Try To Rescue Our Economy, After Tomorrow's Judgement / Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up / Amosun's Daughter Graduates From Law School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.