Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down (29638 Views)

Tax On Radio/television (buhari Or Legit?) / NLC Tells Workers To Prepare For Indefinite Strike, / Minimum Wage: NLC Begins Indefinite Strike Jan. 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by raskymonojendor: 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2023
Lol. I am sure private stations are not part of the Radio, Television, Theatre and Arts Workers Union of Nigeria, RATTAWU.

3 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Againstallodds: 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2023
Watch how the Southwest states will decide not to join the strike because of tribalism

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by CedarHoldings: 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2023
This is going to be a town hall.
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by raskymonojendor: 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2023
Againstallodds:
Watch how the Southwest states will decide not to join the strike because of tribalism
Just like it's done overseas, I hope the Nigerian government would establish a Strike with No wage policies. They can pay their striking members from their union dues.

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Ikani22: 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2023
maysjohnston:
Can this Strike actually hold? Cos some workers have not been paid.

Did I hear you say some workers? No federal civil servant has received his or her September 2023 salary.

7 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by raskymonojendor: 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2023
Ikani22:

Did I hear you say some workers? No federal civil servant has received his or her September 2023 salary.
Interesting

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by happney65: 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2023
Dreal1247:
It may hold but won't last long as the Federal Government will try to respond quickly. But the truth be told, the Federal Government is not serious. You mean that since June, they have never come up with anything substancial for the workers? This Government needs to experience sufficient high -handedness from the masses. They are only pretending. They actually wanted to use the court injunctions to silence the workers without talking any meaningful action to soothen the effects of subsidy removal.

Bulabalu will not do any wage increase. That Man is inherently wicked. It is those that don't know him will think he is a good Man

State civil servants are complaining bitterly with most of them regretting their choice. Infact I hope Tinubu locks the NLC ring leaders up and make the strike fails so they can see the Shege they actually want

cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by NaijaCover(m): 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Vinnie2000(m): 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2023
famology:
This NLC issue shows that the chief of staff to the president, Femi Gbajabiamila is incompetent. He lacks negotiation skills.

The Man is like Wole Soyinka! ๐Ÿ˜

He only knows to Blow CHEAP Grammar!๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

Very INCOMPETENT just as Wole was Incompetent as FRSC boss in 1988!. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜”

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Evolutionism: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2023
Na to have Sound and Peaceful Sleep tonight be my concern now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by FeranmiPhoenix(m): 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2023
Nigeria doing this is at our own peril. We aint helping the hope of this latest changed gov't kuyz impatience and hatred is driving our focus and expectations hitherto

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by happney65: 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Lol. I am sure private stations are not part of the Radio, Television, Theatre and Arts Workers Union of Nigeria, RATTAWU.

They are all part of RATTAWU. They might however decide to join or not. But if it holds, federal and state will join. The private will only use their discretion. Some of them joined during the 2012 susbidy protest then. I could remember vividly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by DebbieNotNice: 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2023
Its not gonna fly
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by MyExpression(m): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2023
Una wan dey threaten una President Tinubu before the Independence Day speech.

Nawa o.

Hope person go still go church after the speech.

Tinubu is an orator...he already has crafted speech to persuade the people against Labour.

Labour don decide also to raise the stakes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Cmanforall: 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2023
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Blaze232(m): 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2023
So sad

RENEWED HOPE 23
RENEWED SHEGE 23

THEY HAD ALOT OF PROMISE IN THEIR MANIFESTO.. RIGHT NOW EVEN THE AVERAGE SALARY CAN'T HELP ANYMORE.

ONLY GOD CAN SAVE US

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by HEBEI: 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2023
No broblem.

I hope nairaland will join too.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by dbestuncle: 11:03pm On Sep 30, 2023
I would have preferred ot to be a huge protest just like 2012. We should occupy Nigeria and let the world see and ear our grievances against the sitting president wey wan kill us all excluding off course their cronies and fellow politicians.

happney65:

They are all part of RATTAWU. They might however decide to join or not. But if it holds, federal and state will join. The private will only use their discretion. Some of them joined during the 2012 susbidy protest then. I could remember vividly

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by enemyofprogress: 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2023
This news just dey sweet me for body. Even nairaland is going to shut down during the strike

SMA baby food is now #14,500 fa, ajepako, fatymore, folake4u, funkybabee, Sweetplum, odefagirl, Dpen11 and Midehi3 if you are on top of anything now, jump down, for your own good ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿƒ

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by emorse(m): 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2023
Bugatie:
I see Tinubu making a pronouncement and the labour union postponing their planned strike
You get foresight.

Then his followers will tick a box for another project delivered. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:05pm On Sep 30, 2023
Lols , living a life of pretence can never help this country....
We all all in this because someone said it is his turn and some stupid people supported him....

A country where the former President was a failure is where people are supporting another old man who said it is his turn to be President...

Is that actually what this country needs??

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by enemyofprogress: 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2023
Dreal1247:
It may hold but won't last long as the Federal Government will try to respond quickly. But the truth be told, the Federal Government is not serious. You mean that since June, they have never come up with anything substancial for the workers? This Government needs to experience sufficient high -handedness from the masses. They are only pretending. They actually wanted to use the court injunctions to silence the workers without talking any meaningful action to soothen the effects of subsidy removal.
Tinubu has nothing to offer Nigerians. Ask Dpen11 his nephew

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Basicend: 11:07pm On Sep 30, 2023
Una just wan Kill jagaban before the man even die self...

Giving him back to back from every corner. . Make una remember say the man na old man o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by John4B: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2023
accordadoga30:
Hehehehe

Na still poor man go suffer am

Rich man get sub to watch cable tv.

This Ipobic NLC president has the same approach with Simon Ekpa (scatter-it-all approach) but the only difference is that he doesn't carry gun but e fit dey carry am for mid-night anyways as we know the people get that kind profession

See this Loafer!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Yeancahmie007(m): 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2023
NLC and
TUC are only fighting for themselves alone. Check the private schools teachers of leaders are poorly treated, and they do the most work. Government is also collecting from private school compared public school. They do less but check the salary. No body can stop me from going to work after alway no body values teaching in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by article1: 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2023
accordadoga30:
Hehehehe

Na still poor man go suffer am

Rich man get sub to watch cable tv.

This Ipobic NLC president has the same approach with Simon Ekpa (scatter-it-all approach) but the only difference is that he doesn't carry gun but e fit dey carry am for mid-night anyways as we know the people get that kind profession
Mumu, I'm very sure you and your family will go to bed tonight without single food in your stomach. Foolish pretenders everywhere. You're harbouring evil. ร’dรจ

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Ballotti: 11:19pm On Sep 30, 2023
Will โ€œShowshiaโ€ media shut down too? :D0
Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Ballotti: 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2023
Will โ€œShowshiaโ€ media shut down too? cheesy

See RENEWED SHEGEY chai!!!!

APC EGBEKEGBE!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by deyplay: 11:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
Dreal1247:
They need war!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: Radio, Television, Others To Shut Down by Offpointng: 11:26pm On Sep 30, 2023
Basicend:
Una just wan Kill jagaban before the man even die self...

Giving him back to back from every corner. . Make una remember say the man na old man o.

Actually, what goes around comes around

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"You Can Join Amotekun If You Have Spent 20 Years In Lagos & Speak Yoruba" / You Are Still A Dictator -PDP Tells Buhari โ€ฆ.APC Anti-Corruption Crusade, A Sham / DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.