Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? (655 Views)

My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. / Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Police Officer And His Pretty Partner Ahead Of Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by MrsTwrite(f): 1:14am On Oct 02, 2023
Hi folks!
Share your thoughts, let's all laugh together.
So the question is what part of wedding do you think is unnecessary?

Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 2:07am On Oct 02, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Hi folks!
Share your thoughts, let's all laugh together.
So the question is what part of wedding do you think is unnecessary?

Reception.

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by judatech: 2:37am On Oct 02, 2023
The whole charade

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by Babamide(m): 2:44am On Oct 02, 2023
The feeding. People ignore the religious service or court whatever and go straight to the reception venue.

The duplication of the same ceremony. You do introduction, engagement, civil and religious service. Why??
Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by Reminderz: 4:23am On Oct 02, 2023
The whole wedding thing is unnecessary in the first place... the most important things are the acceptance, introduction and dowry which is a unique gift for the virgin bride... all other things are totally unnecessary and waste of time and resources...

the wedding even sets evil eye into the marriage, because when you try to impress those who don't like you, you're only inviting trouble to your home... not everyone invited to the wedding will be genuinely happy for you..

3 Likes

Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 02, 2023
1. Being adviced by a bunch of married old ladies on how to take good care of my husband... Imagine 15 to 20 ladies advising you, on my sister's wedding I dozed off and woke up only to find the ladies still advising her.

2. Being taken to the stream to fetch some water and firewood as a way of showing that I'll be able to be a good homemaker.

3. And lastly, sharing a plate of food with married women as a way of being introduced as a married woman.

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by vincenteger: 6:21am On Oct 02, 2023
The wedding itself is unnecessary and waste of resources

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by HarunaWest(m): 6:49am On Oct 02, 2023
Samantha124:
1. Being adviced by a bunch of married old ladies on how to take good care of my husband... Imagine 15 to 20 ladies advising you, on my sister's wedding I dozed off and woke up only to find the ladies still advising her.

2. Being taken to the stream to fetch some water and firewood as a way of showing that I'll be able to be a good homemaker.

3. And lastly, sharing a plate of food with married women as a way of being introduced as a married woman.
I don't think it's all that bad since it all takes place in a day or two right?
The aspect I don't like is when the bride's family or MC begins to extort the groom and his family all in the name of its a lifetime event.

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by talented321: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2023
Unless she is a virgin or she have kids with me, everything about wedding is unnecessary except the dowry..
A woman you're likely to raise another man's kid, what're you celebrating for?
Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by ITbomb(m): 11:04am On Oct 02, 2023
Turning comedian to people you are feeding

and spending hundreds of thousands to rent a place to use for at most 4 hours

and another thousands to decorate it only for the guest to be squeezing face when food no reach them

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by Negroid001(m): 11:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Almost everything.

The most important thing is the court wedding. The rest na unnecessary wahala.

So many make plans for the wedding, but not the marriage. Wedding is gonna occur for 2 to 3 days. Marriage is for life, till death do you part. Choose wisely.

A man collected a loan about 4 million to fund his wedding, 5 months later wife divorced him. This happened 3 years ago. He is still paying the debt. grin

1 Like

Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:38am On Oct 02, 2023
Everything
Re: What Part Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Think Is Unnecessary? by TheExclusive: 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2023
Negroid001:
Almost everything.

The most important thing is the court wedding. The rest na unnecessary wahala.

So many make plans for the wedding, but not the marriage. Wedding is gonna occur for 2 to 3 days. Marriage is for life, till death do you part. Choose wisely.

A man collected a loan about 4 million to fund his wedding, 5 months later wife divorced him. This happened 3 years ago. He is still paying the debt. grin

This one bad oooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Solve This? / Guys That Their Marriages Crashed In Few Months Psychologically Down / Why Do Young Guys From The South West Always Feel The Need To Bill You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.