Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today (30050 Views)

US Judge, Nancy Maldonado, Orders CSU To Release Tinubu's Records On Monday / Judge In Illinois, Chicago Ordered The Release Of Tinubu Academic Records / Jeffrey Guterman Writes FBI To Release Tinubu’s File (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today by Fujiyama: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2023
SapaProMax:

It's just the truth my friend. You can't use a forged certificate to work in the kind of companies BAT worked.

^^^
These companies are run by people. And as long as systems are run by people, then there is always the risk of system failure.

Twenty years ago, US assistant secretary of defense Charles Abell faced some questions when his masters degree was found to be from a diploma mill. He was lucky not to suffer for it professionally. For US Department of Homeland Security (deputy chief information officer) Laura Callahan, it was a different story. She was also found to have degrees from a diploma mill and eventually forced to resign.

It doesn't get much higher than DoD and DHS and yet the system failed. If they failed then who is Mobil Oil Nigeria? undecided

P.S. I am not saying BAT forged whatever qualifications he tendered to Mobil Oil. That's not for me to say.

SapaProMax:
I might be an Agbadorian, but remove Agbado from the the US economy and watch Americans revolt

^^^
On this at least, we can agree. Agbado is life - and not just in the US. grin

1 Like

Re: US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today by Fujiyama: 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2023
Focusmind:
It changes nothing......I don't think the supreme court will entertain any further evidence from Atiku. Do you think that the Nigerian supreme Court would rule that Tinubu is not qualify to stand in the election because he didn't posses the minimum qualification and that the one he presented is alleged to be forged?

^^^
undecided
Re: US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today by SapaProMax: 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
These companies are run by people. And as long as systems are run by people, then there is always the risk of system failure.

Twenty years ago, US assistant secretary of defense Charles Abell faced some questions when his masters degree was found to be from a diploma mill. He was lucky not to suffer for it professionally. For US Department of Homeland Security (deputy chief information officer) Laura Callahan, it was a different story. She was also found to have degrees from a diploma mill and eventually forced to resign.

It doesn't get much higher than DoD and DHS and yet the system failed. If they failed then who is Mobil Oil Nigeria? undecided

P.S. I am not saying BAT forged whatever qualifications he tendered to Mobil Oil. That's not for me to say.

^^^
On this at least, we can agree. Agbado is life - and not just in the US. grin

I agree that humans can err. But I doubt a black man that isn't even American in the 70s-80s would have gotten away with it. Racial tension was just easing in the US. As a black man, you had to be really exceptional to have reached the heights he did at the time and I'm sure you agree

1 Like

Re: US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today by Fujiyama: 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2023
SapaProMax:

I agree that humans can err. But I doubt a black man that isn't even American in the 70s-80s would have gotten away with it.

^^^
I have avoided personalizing the argument so far - that's why I haven't referred to BAT directly. My point is that as long as systems are run by people, failure is a possibility. Again, I must emphasize that I have nothing to say about the qualifications BAT tendered to Mobil Oil in the early 1980s - I don't know if they were real or not. My only point is that at that time, controls were far less sophisticated than they are today. And if in the early 2000s, the US government still could not prevent fake degrees from infiltrating key segments of its security architecture, then again I ask...who is Mobil Oil Nigeria?

SapaProMax:
As a black man, you had to be really exceptional to have reached the heights he did at the time and I'm sure you agree

^^^
Not sure about the 'exceptional' bit as far as BAT is concerned. Everything is pointing in the opposite direction.
Re: US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today by LagosG: 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
I have avoided personalizing the argument so far - that's why I haven't referred to BAT directly. My point is that as long as systems are run by people, failure is a possibility. Again, I must emphasize that I have nothing to say about the qualifications BAT tendered to Mobil Oil in the early 1980s - I don't know if they were real or not. My only point is that at that time, controls were far less sophisticated than they are today. And if in the early 2000s, the US government still could not prevent fake degrees from infiltrating key segments of its security architecture, then
again I ask...who is Mobil Oil Nigeria?

^^^
Not sure about the 'exceptional' bit as far as BAT is concerned. Everything is pointing in the opposite direction.

First of all, as far as education is concerned, Tinubu is an exceptional human being. More exceptional than Atiku who was trained in sophisticated thievery by Nigerian Customs or Obi who has nothing spectacular on his portfolio.

You know that Mobil Nigeria wasn't the first multinational company Tinubu worked for. Matter of fact he worked at 2 multinationals abroad before moving back home. Bro don't lie to yourself, if you can't be verified you couldn't get a job in the petroleum industry during the oil boom of the 80s. Nigerians did not head Mobil Nigeria at the time. Tinubu was referred to Mobil, oyiinbo to oyinbo. E dey pain me say as learned as you sound you dey use selective amnesia dey discuss. You are better than this!!!!

1 Like

Re: US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today by Fujiyama: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2023
LagosG:
First of all, as far as education is concerned, Tinubu is an exceptional human being. More exceptional than Atiku who was trained in sophisticated thievery by Nigerian Customs or Obi who has nothing spectacular on his portfolio.

^^^
undecided

I wonder about this knee jerk response of bringing in Messrs Obi & Atiku whenever Tinubu supporters find themselves in a tight spot. Obi and Atiku are not the president...but Tinubu is. Let's stay on topic please.

LagosG:
You know that Mobil Nigeria wasn't the first multinational company Tinubu worked for. Matter of fact he worked at 2 multinationals abroad before moving back home.

^^^
And these multinationals are?

LagosG:
Bro don't lie to yourself, if you can't be verified you couldn't get a job in the petroleum industry during the oil boom of the 80s. Nigerians did not head Mobil Nigeria at the time. Tinubu was referred to Mobil, oyiinbo to oyinbo. E dey pain me say as learned as you sound you dey use selective amnesia dey discuss.

^^^
I gave examples of how sophisticated systems dealing with US national security have failed in the past. The two individuals whose examples I cited had high level security clearances.

I am making a simple point: Mobil Oil Nigeria was run by human beings and its staff recruitment controls may have failed at some point in the company's lifetime. That's all I'm saying. You on the other hand assert with 100% certainty that it wasn't possible to get an oil job without verification in 80s Nigeria. undecided

It would be very interesting to hear what ex-HR staff of these companies have to say...
Re: US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today by applift: 4:56am On Oct 03, 2023
HIRING: Remote AI Application Crafter at AppLift

Requirements:

English proficiency & GPT chat experience.
Strong communication, teamwork, and time management skills.
Role:
Craft applications for clients using AI. All you need is a computer and internet connection.

About Us: AppLift optimizes the job application process using cutting-edge AI. We craft standout applications, saving you valuable time. Learn more about our mission above.

Interested? Email: sage.sasaki@applift.one
Re: US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today by grammarian247(m): 9:33am On Oct 03, 2023
tonicyril:

U re maad.....ur forefathers are fuul for recommending me to improve on what does not put food on my table, on what doesn't represent me culturally, on a language that does not showcase my identity...

Once again u re maaad...satan punish you.

Lost souul, hymbecyle, dysfunctional rabid do.g.

Kindly read my advice again and your response with a modicum of objectivity,you will see that you went after a fly with a sledge hammer. If I don't mean well for you, I won't waste my time advising you. English is more than a language; it's a way of life. If you understand English, you will know how to be at peace even with those whose opinions are at variance with yours. But it's fine, carry your bad English de waka about, na me find your trouble.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Launches Conditional Cash Transfer For 15 Million Households / Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... / One Died, Others Injured In Enugu While Trying To Buy Fuel (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.