Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery (45143 Views)

Young Lady Dies After Smoking ‘Colos’ In Anambra (Photos) / Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her / 300 Doctors Left Nigeria In 2016 – NMA President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Ekpekus(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
Hmmmm... this is sad
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by NewDea4: 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Sahara Reporters

This is heartbreaking. cry

Nigerian has been given over to the Devil

1 Like

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Propsvillamedia: 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
Surgical team on top removal of Apendix wey dey very easy, them still forget cotton wool on top.

4 Likes

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Goodlady(f): 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
Poor medical practice just killed this woman. Am so sad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by asanausana91: 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
I swear most Nigerians hospitals are mortuaries. If you come out alive after surgery just thank God your time never reach.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
So unfortunate!!!

Nigeria keeps happening to the common man instead of our thieving politicians!!!

Her only crime is being born a Nigerian where politics is said to be a game. I wonder if it's not the same politics that Malaysia used to shoot themselves into first world country
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Emekuz256(m): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
😭😭😭😭😭😭
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by toxtimmy: 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
No....let the hospital the doctor did surgery pay millions to her family if confirmed truely true....and the doctor temporary suspended while he goes back to learn his trade properly...

That being said all doctors all over the world make mistakes.... there are stories all over the internet where doctors leave or forget their surgical treatment instruments in patients.

Point is a doctor does not do surgery alone at hospital....they should improve process and policies or steps during surgery to help avoid things like this... but if anybody to fine it is the hospital as doctors don't have insurance and most of them don japa... let's encourage so the remaing no japa😉

BOSSkesh:
Damn so sad
The doctors should be arrested

4 Likes

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Chibuzoripob: 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
2Ways:

You think you are catching cruise with this but you sound DUMB
angry angry angry.Make he come beat u for ur 🏠 angry
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Xpol: 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
Toudarn:
very unprofessional sets
All they know is to complain of little pay they only take their work serious when they travel abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by otokx(m): 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
The Delta State government should immediately open an investigation into this matter.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by abobote: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2023
I think poverty and lack of knowledge is the cause of most of this avoidable death.

After discovering that they left a cotton wool through a scan, instead of taking her to better hospital, maybe teaching hospital, they agreed and took her back to the same hospital, just coz the woman promised them free treatment.

So many terrible things are happening in Nigeria
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Shedrack777: 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2023
enochogaga:
every need justice in one way in their life oh, me I need justice for sportybet to return all my money they have chop grin
oya you sef return the money wey you don chop them
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by biafranrealson: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2023
The medical board should check if the doctor na tinubu type of certificate he get
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by LIVINGICONREBOR: 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2023
This is so sad. Damn!!🤔
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by ablogroup: 10:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
So sad

I understand what the deceased family is going through. Mumsi went for major operation to evacuate a ruptured appendix with several fibroids just last month. Thank God that she pulled through without any complications. I pray that God gives the family the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
Bliss62:
RIP

Two places I always avoid at all cost

Police Station

Hospital
Police station
Hospital
Prison

Oga you are Wise now...
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Clinghton: 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
The way these surgeons forget strange objects in the body after operation I wonder if the human body is as big as the world that the couldn't see such objects before stitching.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Ochies: 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
The same hospital were my a day old son was killed by the unprofessional midwives who took my wife delivery on 11 of March this year

1 Like

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by johnjay4u2u(m): 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
Okay
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by VaginaAcademic: 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
Use money and connections enter school thereafter use money and connections get work why e no go forget cotton wool inside bele angry

2 Likes

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Gaskiya77: 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
So painful. Imagine the little children she left behind.
Why are some doctors not mindful of what they do on patient?
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
But Nigerian Doctors with their cry of bigger pay....

Wahala....
This simple surgery that we dey do for dead body before meal

3 Likes

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by vincentont(m): 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2023
paskal16:
See ehnn once you’re going under the knife in any Nigerian hospital just pray to God for mercy and confess all your sins, coz it could be your last…
Na only God know wetin my cousin see in the hands of these lots just because she wanted to take out a severed appendix
How is she now?
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2023
Did she dye her children's hair blonde or it's their natural hair colour?
OLAADEGBU:

Sahara Reporters

This is heartbreaking. cry
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Cmanforall: 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
Rapmoney:
Rip to her. So sorrowful. But what type of negligence is this?
Sad. RIP

If indeed this is true, it is high level of negligence.

Wait...

The woman spent 14 days in the hospital
No appendectomy was done...

Is the hospital actually managed by a medical doctor?

Why send a patient for an MRI and didn't first even do an Ultrasound scan?

OLAADEGBU:

Sahara Reporters
After a long while, she gassed and was discharged by the hospital not minding that her abdomen was still heavily swollen. That at home the pain in her abdomen became even more unbearable whereof she went for a check-up on the hospital's clinic day and met a medical doctor on duty who insisted and recommended that MRI scan be conducted on her to clearly ascertain the position of the surgical operation conducted on her. The recommended MRI scan was later conducted on her at Lily Hospital in Benin City, Edo State and the result was shocking, to say the least. A copy of the MRI scan is herewith attached for your perusal.

1 Like

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by MuMuOnBail: 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2023
Na wa ooo

I fear this our doctors to the extent I travel to faraway Sweden to receive treatment from only my wife.

This is so sad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by phorget(m): 10:51pm On Oct 03, 2023
Just the other day I was in a banking hall, the two tellers that was supposed to attend to people on queue were busy chitchatting thereby loosing concentrations on attending to customers.

There's no professionalism in any field in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Shurtman79(m): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2023
Imagine the useless doctor na to dey demand for money Everytime them sabi undecided

1 Like

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Vision101(m): 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
Na so one doctor prescribed a drug and asked me to take three times the dosage. It was the pharmacist at the pharmacy that I went to buy the drug that saved me.

The woman shouted: is your situation so bad? That she takes the same drug but a third of the dosage. I quickly googled and discovered that it was true.

When I got to the hospital the following day and challenged him he said ehm ehm... you can take the remaining after some time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by jaxxy(m): 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2023
Medical profession has no room for errors like this. Any mistake can be fatal.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) / I Want To Add Weight, Pls Help / Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.