Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery (45142 Views)

Young Lady Dies After Smoking ‘Colos’ In Anambra (Photos) / Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her / 300 Doctors Left Nigeria In 2016 – NMA President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Obuugama: 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2023
Beta doctors have all japa. Na only the low iq ones remain.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Sure1234: 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2023
As terrible as Nigerian Mil Hospital Yab. That hospital i can't advice my enemy to go there. That where i found out that Nigerian doctors are highly unprofessional and the housemanship doctors are arrogant and half breaded. They talk to u anyhow. I don't care attitude so much in there.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by TRAPLORD13: 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sue the hospital for wrongful death.
They are fuckiing liable for her death
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by medikend(m): 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2023
In my 12 years of practice, I have never used or seen cotton wool being used in the operation theater except for intravenous canulation at the reception. Sterile gauze is the commonly item. However, due to the current economic situation in the country, the hospital may have improvised.
That being said, the attending perioperative nurse was supposed to have counted the gauze before the final wound closure. Anyway, the whole team should face disciplinary panel for serve as deterrent to others.
May her soul rest in Peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by MICVOCT(m): 11:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
Rapmoney:
Rip to her. So sorrowful. But what type of negligence is this?

That's just it.
Can't blame either.

MICVOCT

1 Like

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by MICVOCT(m): 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
Goodlady:
Poor medical practice just killed this woman. Am so sad.

You got it!

MICVOCT
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Professor822714: 11:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
It's not the doctors, it's usually the surgical technicians responsible for things like this.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by MICVOCT(m): 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
Ochies:
The same hospital were my a day old son was killed by the unprofessional midwives who took my wife delivery on 11 of March this year

Chai.
<speechless>
What a reference 👏

MICVOCT
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Agugbadin: 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2023
Okiton:
angry

These are few of the idiots who went through private universities. They never study neither they wish to become medics but parents force them into it.
Private Universities in Nigeria train better professionals than public Universities that spends 10 months at home and 2 months in school due to ASUU strikes and cultisim.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by baylord77(m): 12:01am On Oct 04, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Damn so sad
The doctors should be arrested

Will you close your mouth. Do you think it's everything you read online that's the truth? I have never heard that a cotton wool forgotten in an abdomen can kill.

There is more to this story.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Jman06(m): 12:04am On Oct 04, 2023
Vision101:
Na so one doctor prescribed a drug and asked me to take three times the dosage. It was the pharmacist at the pharmacy that I went to buy the drug that saved me.

The woman shouted: is your situation so bad? That she takes the same drug but a third of the dosage. I quickly googled and discovered that it was true.

When I got to the hospital the following day and challenged him he said ehm ehm... you can take the remaining after some time.
We see cases like yours on daily basis in the government hospital where I currently work. As Pharmacists, we simply make the corrections and save the patient thereby covering up the physicians from possibly getting into troubles due to such negligence.

Yet, these same doctors will not be grateful for all Pharmacists do to save them and the patients! Instead, they'll be fighting every moves by goverment to improve Pharmacy practice and remunerate Pharmacists appropriately! They'll be claiming authority in a field they possess only superficial knowledge of.

At post, the Delta state government must not let this case be swept under the carpet. The doctors involved must be punished for medical negligence while the diseased's family should be adequately compensated.

RIP to the dead.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Breadnote: 12:06am On Oct 04, 2023
Talk to a psychologist.(for counselling). depression.low self esteem.addiction. how to recover from heart break.how to find the right suitor/spouse.how to live a happy life.how to live long on earth.how to be successful in life.how to be focused in life.phone-08063261018.whatsap-07062106186
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Breadnote: 12:06am On Oct 04, 2023
Breadnote:
Talk to a psychologist.(for counselling). depression.low self esteem.addiction. how to recover from heart break.how to find the right suitor/spouse.how to live a happy life.how to live long on earth.how to be successful in life.how to be focused in life.phone-08063261018.whatsap-07062106186
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by AliEzeOlu: 12:14am On Oct 04, 2023
DyingFetus:
The doctor did a great job, I'm impressed

Wow! And very soon, they shall do such "a great work" on you too.

shall carry your story very very soon.

Let me just leave your loved ones out of this, because they're innocent.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Jman06(m): 12:14am On Oct 04, 2023
baylord77:

Will you close your mouth. Do you think it's everything you read online that's the truth? I have never heard that a cotton wool forgotten in an abdomen can kill.

There is more to this story.
ILLITERATE

Go and have them insert a full lump of cotton into your abdomen and block your GIT with it, let's see if you'll survive it after days of such blockage.

1 Like

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Manfromlasvegas(m): 12:30am On Oct 04, 2023
Just as nobody dey save people like doctors na so nobody dey kill people like doctors.

Doctors dey kill people ehh
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by delishpot: 12:33am On Oct 04, 2023
Nigerian Doctors, murdering Nigerians without consequences since 1888
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by delishpot: 12:35am On Oct 04, 2023
Ochies:
The same hospital were my a day old son was killed by the unprofessional midwives who took my wife delivery on 11 of March this year

Sorry for your loss
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by frankson1(m): 1:14am On Oct 04, 2023
Bilabong:
Abasi mi mbok!

This would always happen, those doctors are always stressed hence causing them not to concentrate properly on the job.
Rip to her.

This WILL NEVER be accepted as an excuse.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Allem(m): 1:36am On Oct 04, 2023
I have been a victim in this very hospital. Almost lost my wife and baby but God was merciful he saved my wife but my beautiful trinity (baby) didn't make it. We lack qualified medical personnel all-round in that hospital.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Chasito(m): 3:29am On Oct 04, 2023
Nigerian doctors are useless, most of them.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Mvnster: 3:33am On Oct 04, 2023
asanausana91:
I swear most Nigerians hospitals are mortuaries. If you come out alive after surgery just thank God your time never reach.
We for de do obituary pass birthday if na so, you all just jump on whatever you see online and believe hook, line, sinker without bothering to hear from the other side. The essence of education is objective reasoning. You may be shocked at the end of the day the story is not really the way its painted.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Mvnster: 3:47am On Oct 04, 2023
Jman06:
We see cases like yours on daily basis in the government hospital where I currently work. As Pharmacists, we simply make the corrections and save the patient thereby covering up the physicians from possibly getting into troubles due to such negligence.

Yet, these same doctors will not be grateful for all Pharmacists do to save them and the patients! Instead, they'll be fighting every moves by goverment to improve Pharmacy practice and remunerate Pharmacists appropriately! They'll be claiming authority in a field they possess only superficial knowledge of.

At post, the Delta state government must not let this case be swept under the carpet. The doctors involved must be punished for medical negligence while the diseased's family should be adequately compensated.

RIP to the dead.

Someone trying to solve problems of about 100 people a day would always make some errors, have you personally tried it before? We are all human beings. The blame should go to the govt for not providing enough healthcare workers for the population.

1 Like

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Weknowbetter: 3:50am On Oct 04, 2023
Just aweful and for no reason. That small piece of exposed skin on her belly looks bad, I know her pain was unbearable. Prayers for her family.
Her husband should sue the hospital twice
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by BigIyanga: 3:59am On Oct 04, 2023
Agugbadin:

Private Universities in Nigeria train better professionals than public Universities that spends 10 months at home and 2 months in school due to ASUU strikes and cultisim.
Not true. UI medicine is 133rd best in the world. There is no private university in Naija on the list.
https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/clinical-medicine?region=africa

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by eldoradoxx: 4:13am On Oct 04, 2023
80% of deaths in Nigerian hospitals are totally avoidable and mostly result for medical negligence on the part of the doctors and nurses.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Nathanthony: 4:23am On Oct 04, 2023
There is always a danger of a one-sided story
BOSSkesh:
Damn so sad
The doctors should be arrested
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Beey(f): 4:49am On Oct 04, 2023
MrAgbako:
The other time I read of a doctor that forgot there surgical scissors in a patient body. The reopen the patient again after he complained of pain.
E be say some doctors sef don dey smoke Colorado 😂
Actually, there’s a surgical technician who accompanies the doctors to the theatre. Their job is to count the number of instruments going into the operating room & again count after surgery to confirm that all instruments that went in, are accounted for while going out. They also hand the surgical instruments to the doctors during surgery. These are the people responsible, because some surgeries can take hours and the doctors are exhausted. That’s not to mean that the doctors should be negligent. It’s just that justice is hard to get in Africa if you don’t have a lot of money.

3 Likes

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Poshpee: 4:51am On Oct 04, 2023
enochogaga:
every need justice in one way in their life oh, me I need justice for sportybet to return all my money they have chop grin
🤣 😂
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by deltateam: 5:30am On Oct 04, 2023
These doctors should be shown as example for others to get sense.

That's why I am afraid of going to hospital. Some of these doctors I don't know what they smoke to behave like this.

Don't allow them to give you intravenous injection. They are quacks. Your hand will swell up.

Seriously, Catholic hospitals should check their staff. Someone I know had same issues of improper injection. It could have been fatal.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by deltateam: 5:40am On Oct 04, 2023
Bilabong:
Abasi mi mbok!

This would always happen, those doctors are always stressed hence causing them not to concentrate properly on the job.
Rip to her.

Is this excuse?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) / I Want To Add Weight, Pls Help / Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.