Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,311 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery (45145 Views)

Young Lady Dies After Smoking β€˜Colos’ In Anambra (Photos) / Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her / 300 Doctors Left Nigeria In 2016 – NMA President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Newton1045: 5:55am On Oct 04, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Damn so sad
The doctors should be arrested

And u ve never made a mistake b4 in ur life.
All de people involved in the operation, na only de doctor shud be crucify.
Its a terrible mistake, he deserve his punishment, but we must be humane as it wasn't purposely
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by modernWays: 6:12am On Oct 04, 2023
abobote:
I think poverty and lack of knowledge is the cause of most of this avoidable death.

After discovering that they left a cotton wool through a scan, instead of taking her to better hospital, maybe teaching hospital, they agreed and took her back to the same hospital, just coz the woman promised them free treatment.

So many terrible things are happening in Nigeria

Teaching hospitals are no different, my sister walked with her legs to one of them in the evening only for her to be pronounced dead by 1am. The doctor on duly injected her with something we don't know, and that was it.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Lumarstone: 6:15am On Oct 04, 2023
The family of the woman should take legal action against the doctor for murder!!! Some of those health practitioners are quake
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by faebenezer5star: 6:25am On Oct 04, 2023
Wondering what they must have been thinking that they end up forgetting instruments in someone's body πŸ˜•

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by olakan22: 6:26am On Oct 04, 2023
Forgetting surgical materials when a surgery is done in a fairly good center is very rare and is unlikely the case here.

What lawyer is calling cotton wool on MRI is likely an abcess. No qualified radiologist will say he saw cotton wool definitely on MRI.

Because the petition was poorly worded and clearly doesn't have an input of a qualified personnel and perhaps reports of an autopsy, all it needs is a good defence and the doctors are home and dry. All these blood and stool gushing out is for Nollywood.

The summation is that there is more to the case than this report has shown.
The appendix ruptured and the surgeons understandably didn't see it coupled with operative field challenge due to her abundant adipose tissue. The development of the abscess clearly began after discharge from the hospital, something not unusual.

Patient likely died from complications of Septis. A consequence of delay in removing the appendix following advice from the first person who saw, who most likely didn't attend medical school or a class on appendix to say 'appendix was not mature'

2 Likes

Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by FireUpNow(m): 7:05am On Oct 04, 2023
This is very sad. Was the doctor the only one on the theater that no one didn't see the cotton wool?
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by johnjose68: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Sahara Reporters

This is heartbreaking. cry

Dr Emeka was involved angry Opari angry
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by BALLOSKI: 7:14am On Oct 04, 2023
The man went back to the same hospital after being assured of a better team to handle the cotton-wool removal? He's part of the problems.

May Nigeria never happen to us.

Sad.

Arrest those bastards and close the hospital down. Quacks everywhere.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by asanausana91: 7:15am On Oct 04, 2023
Mvnster:

We for de do obituary pass birthday if na so, you all just jump on whatever you see online and believe hook, line, sinker without bothering to hear from the other side. The essence of education is objective reasoning. You may be shocked at the end of the day the story is not really the way its painted.
my comment is not base on this write up. I am speaking from experience.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by BigYash: 7:20am On Oct 04, 2023
DyingFetus:
The doctor did a great job, I'm impressed
We hope someday,they will do same great job on you .. That’s by the way...

It’s obvious they tempered with her intestine,so they blocked it with cotton wool.. Reason why she was unable to pool or gas.. when the cotton wool was removed,pool ,blood,fluid started gushing out .. The hospital should be locked,and the doctors jailed.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Bluffly: 7:41am On Oct 04, 2023
Haaaaaaaa. RIP to the dead. Husband should sue them asap.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Rapmoney(m): 7:51am On Oct 04, 2023
Cmanforall:

Sad. RIP

If indeed this is true, it is high level of negligence.

Wait...

The woman spent 14 days in the hospital
No appendectomy was done...

Is the hospital actually managed by a medical doctor?

Why send a patient for an MRI and didn't first even do an Ultrasound scan?

I taya my brother.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by starz100: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2023
The way doctors forget things inside people's body, sometimes I think that the patient's stomach is some kind of room and parlour that doctors enter, do their work, have some fun, and come out again
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Xcelinteriors(f): 8:18am On Oct 04, 2023
May nigeria not happen to us in Jesus name
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by AbujaLagos: 8:40am On Oct 04, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Damn so sad
The doctors should be arrestedo
straight away
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by theowane: 8:43am On Oct 04, 2023
Which one is "Delta Doctors" again na?!
Doctor na Doctor abeg.

It would have been OK if you said something like: Woman dies after cotton wool was left in her stomach, after surgery in Delta State, Simple!
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Cmanforall: 8:48am On Oct 04, 2023
Propsvillamedia:
Surgical team on top removal of Apendix wey dey very easy, them still forget cotton wool on top.
If they investigate this case well, that man may not be a trained medical doctor
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by fineberry(m): 9:11am On Oct 04, 2023
Those doctors should be brought to book. You cant kill somebody's wife nd mother and just be behaving like it chicken or rat.

Justice must be serve here.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by RosyIsBlessed: 9:14am On Oct 04, 2023
enochogaga:
every need justice in one way in their life oh, me I need justice for sportybet to return all my money they have chop grin

So you dey compare this to your gambling?
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by obiekunie01: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2023
Esthell:
I don't trust naija doctors again
Who knows if he was trying to harvest her organs

Bros!

He is NOT TRYING TO!

I AM VERY SURE THEY HAVE HARVESTED HER KIDNEY!

the family should pls conduct full autopsy in the presence of a family member cause the other colleagues can give fasle report to cover their own!
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Chochovini: 9:25am On Oct 04, 2023
DyingFetus:
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Chochovini: 9:27am On Oct 04, 2023
DyingFetus:
. Sarcasm!
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Calitoscassius(m): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2023
What da hell? They left cotton inside her? Why? Never heard of this kinda mishap. Nothing wey pesin no.go hear in Naigeria.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Matix222: 10:10am On Oct 04, 2023
DyingFetus:

Same thing will happen to your mom and family members
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Dougad: 10:12am On Oct 04, 2023
Ochies:
The same hospital were my a day old son was killed by the unprofessional midwives who took my wife delivery on 11 of March this year

Sorry about that
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by DyingFetus: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2023
Matix222:

Same thing will happen to your mom and family members

You wish but keep weeping
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by dontrulee: 10:39am On Oct 04, 2023
Appendicitis, a very minor procedure that can be undertaken by a minor doctor without complications is what these nicompoops "medical doctors" commiting an erroneous and lackadaisical operation.

These set of "quacks" should be investigated and appropriately sanctioned by the MDCN/NMA with immediate alacrity.

Why won't surgical equipments and tools won't be forgotten when there's no proper account of the materials used in surgery.

In teaching hospitals, every step of the procedure is followed and noted starting from "knife on skin" the guazes are counted, the sutures also, the surgical field is maintained sterile as much as possible. In other hospitals outside teaching hospitals, such professionalism are overlooked. Such a shame, Justice should be served.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Marigold2rock(m): 11:16am On Oct 04, 2023
[quote author=olakan22 post=126184941]Forgetting surgical materials when a surgery is done in a fairly good center is very rare and is unlikely the case here.

What lawyer is calling cotton wool on MRI is likely an abcess. No qualified radiologist will say he saw cotton wool definitely on MRI.

At least here is someone with a clear understanding of how the medical practice works. Not people with little ,half baked or no knowledge about the subject at hand coming to give their unsolicited opinion.

What is "appendix not matured ", cotton wool seen in an MRI report? How na. What if it was a ruptured appendix with it's sequael of complications like peritonitis and sepsis b4 presenting to the hospital as a last resort. By the way most diagnosis of appendicitis is clinical not via imaging as most radiographers report.

I feel so sad for the deceased and the family she left behind , no one deserves to die dis way if actually this story holds any fact.

The case should be investigated properly, not scape goating the doctor alone while the peri- op nurses and the other theater nurses or technicians who are actually responsible for assisting and keeping records of the number of items used for each procedure going home
Unscathed.

Also so disappointed in one of the supposed pharmacist write up trying to castigate doctors and their prescription, maybe he has never heard of the word exhaustion. Truth is that almost all doctors are exhausted in this country.

Just my humble opinion
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by thefoodiezen: 11:32am On Oct 04, 2023
Native Herbal solution for sugar problems believe me it works like magic you don't need to spend more than 500naira
πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ™†πŸ™†πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n3ZmyUpv-Q?si=Hcnqu3_iNHYGKLR6
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by olibeans: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2023
Look for the surgeon and axe him or her to death. It's that simple.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by Fulgur: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2023
Some of these doctors are occultic, others are unqualified.
Re: Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery by DECLAN2015(m): 11:47am On Oct 04, 2023
Dpen11:
Most Nigeria doctors are careless, let's not even talk about the nurses feeling like they're the owners of every hospital

The more assignments you bring the more discount, check my signature and contact me for your school projects, thesis, dissertation, proposal, Powerpoint etc

I expect this
Something to masturbate on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Want To Add Weight, Pls Help / Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends / State Of A Pure Water Factory Triggers Concern (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.