Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic (31037 Views)

CSU: Certificate Tinubu Submitted To INEC Not Our Document - DailyPost / #GandujeGate: Video showing Kano governor receiving bribe is authentic, Jaafar / Obono-obla's Certificate Is Authentic As WAEC Goofs,uploads Original Result (PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Naija2023: 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
Chicago State University registrar: We get 30 enquiries a day on Tinubu, confirms graduation

3rd October, 2023

Caleb Westberg, the registrar of Chicago State University said the school was bombarded daily with many enquiries about its former student, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Giving the oral deposition ordered by Judge Maldonado to support the documents on President Bola Tinubu given to Atiku Abubakar, Westberg said the school receives between five and 30 enquiries daily about Tinubu.

However, he said at no time did the school notify Tinubu about the flood of enquiries, ostensibly from Nigeria.

“We believe Bola Tinubu who attended CSU is the same person who is the president of Nigeria today”, Westberg said during the deposition done on Tuesday in the office of Atiku’s lawyer, Angela Liu, at West Wacker Drive in Chicago.

Five other lawyers from the firm Dechert LLP joined in the deposition. President Tinubu was represented by Victor P.Henderson and Oluwole Afolabi, who joined the session by zoom from New York.

Michael Hayes appeared for Chicago State University.

Pressed further by the battery of lawyers representing Atiku on why he believes the person who is the president of Nigeria is the same person who attended CSU, Westberg said Bola Tinubu is an unusual name in the US.

He matched the Records in the file against the information provided by the student or on behalf of the student.

On the controversy over whether the student the school admitted in 1977 ffrom South West College was a man on woman, Westberg said Tinubu applied to the university as a male and a letter of admission was issued to a male.

On the certificates tendered in the documents given to Atiku, the registrar restated that the university only has Diplomas that students didn’t pick up in its possession.

“The university does not typically keep Diplomas.I have the Diploma that was made available to Mr. Enahoro-Ebah in our possession because Mr. Tinubu did not pick it up.

“I do not have the Diploma that was submitted to INEC in our possession because he had picked it up.’

“Why would Mr. Tinubu request a Diploma and not pick it up or ask that it be sent to him?”, one of Atiku’s lawyers asked.

Westberg replied: “You would have to ask him, that is Bola Tinubu”.

Here are other things Westberg deposed to: “I’m not aware of any instance where CSU had been requested to certify a document.Mr. Wole Afolabi who was acting for President Tinubu insisted that the documents must be certified. Mr. Wole Afolabi is President Tinubu’s lawyer. Mr. Afolabi and Mr. Orr communicated by email.

“I don’t recall seeing the emails. I don’t know if Jason Carter approved of the certification. Apart from Jason Carter I do not know anyone else who was involved in the process.

“I went into Mr. Tinubu’s student’s file and produced the documents to Mr. Orr. I didn’t know that the documents would be certified. I don’t get involved in legal matters.

“Mr. Tinubu requested that the documents be released to Mr. Afolabi for ‘legal proceedings’ The signature on the consent form is similar to the signature we have on record for Mr. Tinubu.

“All of the certified documents came from CSU’s files. Nothing was handed over to us by Mr. Afolabi except for the FERPA form. CSU had never certified documents for anyone before. It must have been made because there was more of a Nigerian thing.

“The documents were released in pursuance of a FERPA request. I believe Mr. Afolabi requested that the documents be certified. I’m not aware if the stamp affixed by Mr. Orr to the documents was an official document. It is not part of CSU practice.

“Mr. Orr later departed from CSU after these documents were certified.I don’t know if his departure was connected to the certification of the documents; but I don’t think it was.

“Mr. Tinubu’s counsel did not prepare any affidavit for me. He didn’t draft anything for me. My statement that Mr. Bola Tinubu graduated from CSU was based on the transcripts in our possession.

“I have never met Bola Tinubu. I have never seen him. He did not visit our campus. He does not donate money to the school.

“In the US, Diplomas are considered merely ceremonial documents. In some other countries, it may be considered more. In the US, more reliance is placed on transcripts and not on Diplomas.

“I did not rely on information from public records to come to the conclusion that President Bola Tinubu is the person who attended CSU. I am not aware that the FBI contacted CSU on whether Bola Tinubu attended CSU.

“Between 1979 and when I assumed duties, CSU must have had at least 6 Registrars. I never spoke to Ms. Davies. Some policies have changed over the years. When there is a replacement Diploma, it is done by outside vendors. I don’t know who created Exhibit # 6.
The institution decided that my name should not be typed on the ‘To whom it may concern’ letter because of the sheer volume of requests I was getting.

“Before CSU, I was at UC, Berkeley and UC, Irving. I’m sure people make mistakes in data entry from time to time. Before this lawsuit I didn’t know anyone called Bola.

“It was possible that someone assumes Bola to be a female and therefore marked the SouthWest Transcript as such.

“I am familiar with the affidavit filed by OLAJIDE Adeniji. I don’t recall his gender.I don’t know if Atiku Abubakar is male or female but I heard is a male. I can’t tell by his name.

“I checked the record and confirmed that OLAJIDE Adeniji and Bola Tinubu were at CSU at the same time. The person said he ran in a closely- contested race against Bola Tinubu for the leadership of the Accounting Student Union.

“I see that he said the same person he ran against is now the president of Nigeria. The Bola Tinubu who attended Southwest College took Accounting courses. The Bola Tinubu who attended CSU also took Accounting courses. I see the address indicated for Bola Tinubu. It’s not far from CSU. I looked at the whole record in making the determination that the Bola Tinubu who is the president of Nigeria today is the same person who attended CSU.

“The entries’1952’ and ‘1954’ could have been made in error. The person who attended Southwest College is the person who attended CSU. The courses taken by Bola Tinubu at Southwest and CSU are consistent.

“Right after the entry ‘F’, the SSN entered indicated in the Southwest transcript is the same as the one that was indicated in CSU records. That is one of the indications that we use to identify students. A Social Security is a unique identifier.

“I recognize Southwest College as a feeder school for CSU. Bola Tinubu graduated with Honours. It’s a GPA distinction. It is awarded to high performing students. Accounting is a rigorous Major. He graduated with Honours. Yes, certain students are more motivated than others.

“The students who are more motivated go on to accomplish greater things in life. I’ve seen that. As far as I know, he’s the president of Nigeria.

“There were materials in Mr. Tinubu’s records that show that he was a male. I see the application to CSU. Mr. Tinubu identified himself as a male. His letter of admission identified him as a male. It says: ‘Dear Mr. Tinubu’

“We know Mr. Tinubu’s Social Security number. It’s contained in his records.

“I see the entry on APC’s website wherein President Bola Tinubu was said to have been born in Lagos on March 29, 1952. I don’t have a copy of the Diploma that was submitted to INEC so I can’t comment on it.

“I am not aware of the fact that in the form that he submitted to INEC he claimed a different nationality or date of birth.

“Yes, our records show that he was born on March 29th. One has ‘1954’ while the other shows ‘1952’ From time to time, people do make mistakes when making such entries”.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/10/03/chicago-state-university-registrar-we-get-30-enquiries-a-day-on-tinubu-confirms-graduation/

61 Likes 13 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Naija2023: 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
Key Quotes:

“We believe Bola Tinubu who attended CSU is the same person who is the president of Nigeria today”, Westberg said during the deposition done on Tuesday in the office of Atiku’s lawyer, Angela Liu, at West Wacker Drive in Chicago.

On the certificates tendered in the documents given to Atiku, the registrar restated that the university only has Diplomas that students didn’t pick up in its possession.

“The university does not typically keep Diplomas.I have the Diploma that was made available to Mr. Enahoro-Ebah in our possession because Mr. Tinubu did not pick it up. “I do not have the Diploma that was submitted to INEC in our possession because he had picked it up.’ “Why would Mr. Tinubu request a Diploma and not pick it up or ask that it be sent to him?”, one of Atiku’s lawyers asked. Westberg replied: “You would have to ask him, that is Bola Tinubu”.

“The entries’1952’ and ‘1954’ could have been made in error. The person who attended Southwest College is the person who attended CSU. The courses taken by Bola Tinubu at Southwest and CSU are consistent.

“Right after the entry ‘F’, the SSN entered indicated in the Southwest transcript is the same as the one that was indicated in CSU records. That is one of the indications that we use to identify students. A Social Security is a unique identifier.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Naija2023: 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
more key quotes

“I recognize Southwest College as a feeder school for CSU. Bola Tinubu graduated with Honours. It’s a GPA distinction. It is awarded to high performing students. Accounting is a rigorous Major. He graduated with Honours. Yes, certain students are more motivated than others.

“In the US, Diplomas are considered merely ceremonial documents. In some other countries, it may be considered more. In the US, more reliance is placed on transcripts and not on Diplomas.

When there is a replacement Diploma, it is done by outside vendors. I don’t know who created Exhibit # 6.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Naija2023: 9:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
Key takeaways

1. CSU believes the person that graduated from their school is Tinubu the president.

2. Certificate/Diploma is not important in the United State. United State value official transcript.

3. CSU don't keep certificate of their students. All the certificate sample they gave to Atiku belongs to students who never picked it up. once a student collect his, the school wont have a copy.

4. A student can get a replacement certificate from a third party. It is accepted practice in the united state

5. School rely on Social security number for identification. The school believe the gender F in the South West college is an error because Bola is not a common name in the US which make it likely someone mistakenly type F. Since the Social security number says he is male , the gender on the south west college document is not important to the school.

6. The school believe Tinubu that went to South West college is the same Tinubu that was admitted.

7. On his date of Birth, they said the month and day which is consistent. That for the year of birth they have both 1952 and 1954 in their record. And such mistake is common.

8. Tinubu was a top student who made a distinction.

164 Likes 24 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by StOla: 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2023
Atiku just brought shame to Obi and Oby Ezekwesili.

212 Likes 25 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by yoruboid: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
More tears in torrents…

Many of them will hang themselves

BTW, you can protest but we won’t accept it anywhere in the SW, SS and Abuja

123 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by BoldBrainz(m): 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
Stop peddling falsehood!

CSU outrightly disowned the certificate Tinubu tendered to INEC, unambiguously stating that the insignia on it is not that of the Institution, neither was it administered by the institution. He as a matter of fact said "it is probably a Nigerian thing", referring to the presence of a fake insignia on the diploma Tinubu filed with Inec.

Na so una go dey spread rubbish news!

214 Likes 33 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by MXrep: 9:35pm On Oct 03, 2023
Una wan highjack media and control the narratives.

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by killsmith(f): 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Stop peddling falsehood!

CSU outrightly disowned the certificate Tinubu tendered to INEC, unambiguously stating that the insignia on it is not that of the Institution, neither was it administered by the institution. He as a matter of fact said "it is probably a Nigerian thing", referring to the presence of a fake insignia on the diploma Tinubu filed with Inec.

Baba has unleashed his propaganda machine to launder his battered image.

98 Likes 12 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by tolue42(m): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2023
Final nail on Atiku and headless mobs coffin.

GBAM!

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Goodvibes007: 9:39pm On Oct 03, 2023
CSU will always stand by their product. They have stood by him from the get go and are staying with him till the very end.

Since the university (Issuing Authority) says it is authentic, then there is nothing anyone or anybody can do about it.

91 Likes 11 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Naija2023: 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Stop peddling falsehood!

it is being posted as it is happening in court. You can call your people in Atiku's inner circle in US.

129 Likes 11 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by AcuraZDX: 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2023
Everything people are feeding right now is propaganda.

The court reporter puts in 2hours of proofing for every hour of deposition.

So, if deposition last 4 hours, court reporters would put in 8 hours of proof checking after it has concluded?

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by AcuraZDX: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2023
Naija2023:

it is being posted as it is happening in court. You can call your people in Atiku's inner circle in US.

Shurrup your mouth.

How can anyone get it before the Court’s reporter has settled it? It's done in a highly controlled environment.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by LegendHero(m): 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
Before nko.

Tinubu is a bonafide student of CSU with first class degree.

Atiku the shoemaker and the dullard Peter Obi a 3rd class degenerate are envying the first class product Jagaban and CSU just say to them to go to hell.

God bless President Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu
GCFR

191 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by HateBigots: 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
Liars

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Goodvibes007: 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
StOla:
Atiku just brought shame to Obi and Oby Ezekwesili.
And to himself.

Sheik Atiku Bin Dubai would have to retire to his new home country of Dubai.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Goodvibes007: 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
HateBigots:
Liars
Reportera is Labour Party propaganda machine.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by FreeStuffsNG: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2023
"We believe Bola Tinubu who attended CSU is the same person who is the president of Nigeria today".

https:///AbdulMahmud01/status/1709255246646571403?s=20

Naija2023:
Continued: Ongoing CSU Deposition:

"Why would Mr. Tinubu request a Diploma and not pick it up or ask that it be sent to him?"

"Witness: you would have to ask him".

https:///AbdulMahmud01/status/1709272166636613966?s=20

Continued: Ongoing CSU Deposition:

"Why would Mr. Tinubu request a Diploma and not pick it up or ask that it be sent to him?"

"Witness: you would have to ask him".

https:///AbdulMahmud01/status/1709272166636613966?s=20

"Ongoing Deposition of CSU Registrar"

"CSU gets 5 - 30 enquiries a day regarding President Tinubu.
CSU did not notify President Tinubu of this".

"We believe Bola Tinubu who attended CSU is the same person who is the president of Nigeria today".

https:///AbdulMahmud01/status/1709255246646571403?s=20

Very interesting. HE Atiku is spending money in vain.

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Goodvibes007: 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
LegendHero:
Before nko.

Tinubu is a bonafide student of CSU with first class degree.

Atiku the shoemaker and the dullard Peter Obi a 3rd class degenerate are envying the first class product Jagaban and CSU just say to them to go to hell.

God bless President Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu
GCFR
Atiku has a diploma in hygiene. Whatever the fuk that is grin

School of hygiene Kano, 1966–1967, graduating with Health Diploma in Hygiene.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by garfield1: 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Stop peddling falsehood!

Oga,stop this nonsense.they never said so.whats your problem? Yakurr people are not this bitter

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by LegendHero(m): 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2023
Goodvibes007:

Atiku has a diploma in hygiene. Whatever the fuk that is grin

School of hygiene Kano, 1966–1967, graduating with Health Diploma in Hygiene.

Lol 😂

Atiku na dullard true true but I’m sure he can never be worse as Obi.

Both of them are bird of a feather.

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Christistruth00: 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Stop peddling falsehood!

garfield1:

Oga,stop this nonsense.they never said so.whats your problem? Yakurr people are not this bitter

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by BoldBrainz(m): 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
garfield1:

No worries.
Copies of the deposition will be made for all concerned parties and will flood social media spaces before tomorrow afternoon.

Let's not argue.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by Cyberterror: 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
Atiku, Peter Obi and Joe Ajaero are very stupid and lousy people. President Tinubu will lead Nigeria for 8 fruitful years.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by garfield1: 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

No worries.
Copies of the deposition will be made for all concerned parties and will flood social media spaces before tomorrow afternoon.

Let's not argue.

Oga,they have reported it live sir.the silence from atiku,hundeyin and ude should tell you that it's a loss.keep hatred aside,tinubu has got this

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic by BoldBrainz(m): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,they have reported it live sir.the silence from atiku,hundeyin and ude should tell you that it's a loss.keep hatred aside,tinubu has got this

Garfield, I said relax. Once copies of the depositions have been made available to the various parties, we'll all read the contents. Until then, I don't expect you to join others in peddling lies.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Alhassan Dumps APC, Withdraws Her Membership (Letter) / Garba Shehu: People Are Reporting Killings As If It Had Never Happened Before / Late Chief Konam Porbeni Reburied In Aduku In Bayelsa State..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.