Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership (29189 Views)

Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped / Robbers Invade Dunamis Church In Abuja, Injure Security Guard / 'Armed Forces Staff' Admires Alleged Rapist's Joystick, Blames His Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Esther125: 12:24am On Oct 04, 2023
The Governor of Benue State, Fr Hayicnth Alia, has slammed the leadership of the Dunamis International gospel centre for erecting a substandard structure.

.ng reports that the church caved in the early hours of Tuesday, killing the resident pastor, Ahmed Sunday and injuring others.

Speaking when he visited the site, the Governor expressed disappointment that he did not meet any of the leaders of the church on ground.

He said the building was poorly constructed and would be revoked.

He said the leader of the church should know the law.

“We have to locate where the leadership of the church is and to inform them that the land has been revoked because we have to save lives.

“Those living along the waterways would vacate immediately.

“So the Ministry of Works, Housing and Urban Development should step in.

“I need to know who approved this structure. We need to know the engineers or the architects who monitored this gigantic project.
“We need to stop these from happening.”

Dunamis Church is under the leadership of Dr Paul Enenche.
https://.ng/2023/10/03/breaking-gov-alia-storms-site-of-collapsed-building-blasts-dunamis-leadership/

4 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by tafabaloo(m): 1:52am On Oct 04, 2023
Ok
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Macgyver1: 5:10am On Oct 04, 2023
This is one major problem in Nigeria, "blame games". I believe the church hired a not so qualified engineer to build a gigantic edifice that has now collapsed.

16 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by kennyz247(m): 5:10am On Oct 04, 2023
God her have mercy... even the physical house can not be built properly again,to protect her members..
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by kcdendelo: 5:10am On Oct 04, 2023
Nawa... Really bad
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by BoldBrainz(m): 5:12am On Oct 04, 2023
I'm really starting to dislike this Benue State governor. All he has been doing since he resumed that office is blaming everyone for everything and hardly taking responsibility as a leader.

I don't want to believe he's going to be another mistake that Benue people are going to rue and regret.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by laurel03(m): 5:15am On Oct 04, 2023
Seriously am a xtain but if you tell people that church are just too many in Nigeria they will tell you are anti christ. The money will invest in church if they invest it in productive things we change. Building church building church and the society is full of evil people.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Bishop7170: 5:15am On Oct 04, 2023
Let's hear from the church itself, pastor Paul Eneche should come and tell is their own side of the story.

1 Like

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by genkins(m): 5:15am On Oct 04, 2023
Now that church has killed people..watch religious fanatics like @righteousness keep mum after knowing that the Nigerian God cannot stop those lives from being lost.you speak in rubbish tongues in a so called 'house of God', which still kills you and your 'holy ghost's cannot do shit.

If a club collapsed and killed people them church folks will say that they were sinners that met their predictable end.lol

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by saysoo: 5:16am On Oct 04, 2023
Esther125:

https://.ng/2023/10/03/breaking-gov-alia-storms-site-of-collapsed-building-blasts-dunamis-leadership/
Am a catholic and I think Father Alia is totally wrong. Dunamis got approval to build from which goverment? What process have the goverment put to stop substandard products being used?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by kelvincoke(m): 5:17am On Oct 04, 2023
Instead to blame the root cause of the incident, shifting the blame elsewhere

4 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by jericco1(m): 5:17am On Oct 04, 2023
Well everyone should be queried because someone died there

1 Like

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by HandsomeHITLER(m): 5:17am On Oct 04, 2023
angry This careless construction and cutting of corners shouldn't be an attribute of people who are Godly. I mean, a Godly people should stand for truth, pragmatism and logic.
They should be honest in their dealings. If you are sick, go to the finest physician. If you want to fix a car, visit the best mechanic. If you want to build a structure...
Not like they don't have the free offerings and tithes their followers have donated.
But no, Daddy G.O. and his Wife have other things to do with your money, don't they? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by DJInfluence: 5:22am On Oct 04, 2023
Am not saying the church is innocent but hear me out. Was any investigation carried out before the governor reached the conclusion?
Maybe the contractors used substandard materials while the church was being billed for quality materials. It could also be a flaw in the design. In Nigeria we just blame the owner when things like this happened. Let the govt invite the contractors to come and defend what they built too. Only then we will know how deep the rot goes and how involved the church and it's leadership were involved in cutting corners. Not all this audio pronouncement by a governor eager to seem tough.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Gspot(m): 5:24am On Oct 04, 2023
[QUOTE author=BoldBrainz post=126184394]I'm really starting to dislike this Benue State governor. All he has been doing since he resumed that office is blaming everyone for everything and hardly taking responsibility as a leader.

I don't want to believe he's going to be another mistake that Benue people are going to rue and regret.[/quote]

Eeeeediiioooootttttt, you lack of cognitive intelligence is so disgusting, was it wrong to make this spot assessment and name the culprits? Were u so daft to not read the solutions he just proffered to prevent reoccurrence? Why has sentiments mesedd up ur brains? Did you ever like him that you are now beginning to dislike him? Low budget clown

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by 43Ronin: 5:28am On Oct 04, 2023
good
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by ufotunang: 5:29am On Oct 04, 2023
Some people want to build a huge edifice, huge building but do not want to go through the right process and procedure to build the huge edifice, building and want to use insufficient funds, few money to manage to build the large edifice, building and divert the rest of the money to his bank account and enrich himself

4 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Goodlady(f): 5:31am On Oct 04, 2023
laurel03:
Seriously am a xtain but if you tell people that church are just too many in Nigeria they will tell you are anti christ. The money will invest in church if they invest it in productive things we change. Building church building church and the society is full of evil people.
More efforts are now in place to win souls and do heaven business and not church business.
Among the sheeps, there must be wolves. So with time, all those unnecessary building of church buildings will reduce and it ll be building people alone cos people are the real church.
So don't give room for real anti-Christs to rub their dirty mouth here. Among them are atheists, senseless muslims and people who are ungrateful that Christianity exist.
If dem born you that's reading this among them well, quote me without sense!
I ll describe why your mom forgot who really born you!
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by pfadom: 5:32am On Oct 04, 2023
Is this Pastor Paul Enenche's church? God have mercy?

Enough! From worship to death, never again, Lord!

1 Like

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Goodlady(f): 5:32am On Oct 04, 2023
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Rolings: 5:35am On Oct 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:
I'm really starting to dislike this Benue State governor. All he has been doing since he resumed that office is blaming everyone for everything and hardly taking responsibility as a leader.

I don't want to believe he's going to be another mistake that Benue people are going to rue and regret.

Why do you people always have problem with people saying things as it is.
Is it because probably you don't like saying things the way they are?
A thief comes to my house to steal my things. Years later someone is asking me why I don't have those things .....it's not wrong to say a thief came to my house years ago to steal them..... It's not blame game . It's the reality.

Ortom did a lot of damage to Benue and you want the governor to never mention it?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by HNICEARTH: 5:38am On Oct 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

He is Ortom 2.0.
More than 100 days in office nothing on ground to show.
Remember the early days of Ortom in APC?
That's how it started

5 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Rolings: 5:41am On Oct 04, 2023
Goodlady:

If dem born you that's reading this among them well, quote me without sense!
I ll describe why your mom forgot who really born you!

Ontop middle east religion naim African man wan kill himself.
Do you think it's a fluke that Africa is an underdeveloped shithole?
It's because you abandoned your Gods and stared worshipping other people's God. And you couldn't even worship the God the way those people worship him....y'all are full of shit hating on eachother and backbiting ,lacking in love and empathy.

Oya reply me make i finish you

5 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Serendipity2021: 5:41am On Oct 04, 2023
Please where can i search for a car to buy in the usa?

The user is in the usa too.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by jozeflyfX: 5:45am On Oct 04, 2023
genkins:
Now that church has killed people..watch religious fanatics like @righteousness keep mum after knowing that the Nigerian God cannot stop those lives from being lost.you speak in rubbish tongues in a so called 'house of God', which still kills you and your 'holy ghost's cannot do shit.

If a club collapsed and killed people them church folks will say that they were sinners that met their predictable end.lol

And your comment is dumb as Bleep

1 Like

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by NinjaMetahuman: 5:46am On Oct 04, 2023
saysoo:
Am a catholic and I think Father Alia is totally wrong. Dunamis got approval to build from which goverment? What process have the goverment put to stop substandard products being used?
So government is supposed to start visiting every building project to know the standard of material used in every building in the state?

Isn't that the responsibility of the owner of the project and project manager?

Government is supposed to punish anyone that cut corners and put people's lives at risk. Which the governor has rightly done.
Now the question is, how is he going to punish dunamis church and it's engineers that out people's lives at risk by using substandard products should be the question.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Zupay: 5:46am On Oct 04, 2023
But officials of the relevant government ministry were not blind nor deaf when the substandard construction was going on.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by enemyofprogress: 5:47am On Oct 04, 2023
Waiting for Pastor Enenche to come and defend nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Tial58: 5:48am On Oct 04, 2023

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Goodlady(f): 5:48am On Oct 04, 2023
Rolings:

Ontop middle east religion naim African man wan kill himself.
Do you think it's a fluke that Africa is an underdeveloped shithole?
It's because you abandoned your Gods and stared worshipping other people's God. And you couldn't even worship the God the way those people worship him....y'all are full of shit hating on eachother and backbiting ,lacking in love and empathy.

Oya reply me make i finish you
Middle brain boy, you are responding me with a phone or PC you and your ancestors couldn't manufacture. Haven't you seen a woman that copied what's good from whites to better her African culture?
That's what I do.
So stop saying rubbish cos you and others that are pro African cultures have your lacunas too. No idiót should come here and say rubbish when they v benefited from Christianity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by DrTee1(m): 5:50am On Oct 04, 2023
Except it is a misleading headline, I'll fault the Governor.

The Church can do anything and be anywhere. The government, which Reverend Father Governor Alia heads, should take responsibility for allowing a substandard building be erected.

Engineers know that there is a benchmark for construction materials everywhere. This benchmark is maintained by institutions of government. The reason why the society works in the developed world is because the government is up and doing.

The Governor should ask questions from the supervising ministries of works, lands, urban development and housing that allowed a substandard structure to be developed, not the church.

You should blame your system that failed to prevent the mishap before blaming the bereaved church for their presumed unavailability to "receive your Excellency" when you possibly didn't pre-inform them of your intention to visit.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Men Arrested For Exhuming 10 Corpses & Beheading Them For Ritual In Ekiti / Customs Intercepts 11 Vehicles Smuggled Into The Country / How Indian Defrauded Nigerian Banks Of N32b, Court Told!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.