Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,320 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership (29255 Views)

Photos Of Collapsed Niger Prison Where 118 Inmates Escaped / Robbers Invade Dunamis Church In Abuja, Injure Security Guard / 'Armed Forces Staff' Admires Alleged Rapist's Joystick, Blames His Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Kukutente23: 6:58am On Oct 04, 2023
Gspot:
[QUOTE author=BoldBrainz post=126184394]I'm really starting to dislike this Benue State governor. All he has been doing since he resumed that office is blaming everyone for everything and hardly taking responsibility as a leader.

I don't want to believe he's going to be another mistake that Benue people are going to rue and regret.

Eeeeediiioooootttttt, you lack of cognitive intelligence is so disgusting, was it wrong to make this spot assessment and name the culprits? Were u so daft to not read the solutions he just proffered to prevent reoccurrence? Why has sentiments mesedd up ur brains? Did you ever like him that you are now beginning to dislike him? Low budget clown
Everything is wrong with it. The govt should get the ministry of urban planning or whichever ministry is in charge of giving approval for buildings to investigate the cause of the collapse and act based on the report.
It is abnormal to pass comments as a govt on tragic events when you don't have all the details.
It could be a structural problem. It could have started from those who approved the building plan in the ministry.
What he's done is preempt any further investigation with his hasty comments
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Kukutente23: 6:58am On Oct 04, 2023
ufotunang:
Some people want to build a huge edifice, huge building but do not want to go through the right process and procedure to build the huge edifice, building and want to use insufficient funds, few money to manage to build the large edifice, building and divert the rest of the money to his bank account and enrich himself
How do you know that's what happened
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Goodlady(f): 6:59am On Oct 04, 2023
BarrElChapo:

"It's male" and "I'm or I am"

You can't even write in proper English language and you're yapping. Ezi ๐Ÿ˜‚
Ode, I had to let you know you are the real dog. Bingo come and have some dry bones ๐Ÿฆด
Infact bingo's too fine for your tattered life, I give you ekuke cos you must have kuruna craw-craw!
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by saysoo: 7:01am On Oct 04, 2023
Globad:

Which investigation have you conducted to show that the collapse was caused by substandard products?
Read the report, the Gorvernor did.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by sweetgala(m): 7:02am On Oct 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:
I'm really starting to dislike this Benue State governor. All he has been doing since he resumed that office is blaming everyone for everything and hardly taking responsibility as a leader.

I don't want to believe he's going to be another mistake that Benue people are going to rue and regret.

Who is responsible for the quality of the structure. It's a simple question

1 Like

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by maasoap(m): 7:03am On Oct 04, 2023
saysoo:
Am a catholic and I think Father Alia is totally wrong. Dunamis got approval to build from which goverment? What process have the goverment put to stop substandard products being used?

Govts give approvals, are they still the supervisors? Why do you need govt to supervise your project before you can build something of standard?

1 Like

Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by CorperKola: 7:05am On Oct 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:
I'm really starting to dislike this Benue State governor. All he has been doing since he resumed that office is blaming everyone for everything and hardly taking responsibility as a leader.

What a stupid statement
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by saysoo: 7:06am On Oct 04, 2023
maasoap:

Govts give approvals, are they still the supervisors?
their agensies does that
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by BarrElChapo(m): 7:06am On Oct 04, 2023
Goodlady:

Ode, I had to let you know you are the real dog. Bingo come and have some dry bones ๐Ÿฆด
Infact bingo's too fine for your tattered life, I give you ekuke cos you must have kuruna craw-craw!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I was right all along cos only dogs can't write properly as they don't have gumption like you're displaying and you're a female ekuke too ahhhh, the lowest of the low ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by CorperKola: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2023
[quote author=CorperKola post=126185405]
What a stupid statement
So government should be monitoring a church before they do the right things
This one will open his mouth and blame government for corruption but even among yourselves in a church, you cannot erect a common building that will not collapse.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by tollyboy5(m): 7:09am On Oct 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

So its who's fault then?
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 7:10am On Oct 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

so you want him to take responsibility over a poorly built building? Was he the one that built the church? Was he the one that approved the building? Do you even know the meaning of responsibility? Some people are so daf/+ in thinking and reasoning, no wonder the country is so backward
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Kaiser20: 7:12am On Oct 04, 2023
genkins:
Now that church has killed people..watch religious fanatics like @righteousness keep mum after knowing that the Nigerian God cannot stop those lives from being lost.you speak in rubbish tongues in a so called 'house of God', which still kills you and your 'holy ghost's cannot do shit.

If a club collapsed and killed people them church folks will say that they were sinners that met their predictable end.lol
It is too early to start typing some rubbish.
Where did you read or hear that a building not erected according to standards will not collapse because it is a church or disco?
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Goodlady(f): 7:17am On Oct 04, 2023
BarrElChapo:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I was right all along cos only dogs can't write properly as they don't have gumption like you're displaying and you're a female ekuke too ahhhh, the lowest of the low ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
How are you my ekuke with craw-craw?
You can't troll me cos I m not your mate!
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Vadese1: 7:24am On Oct 04, 2023
The church will never be as useless as Nigeria government. This Governor is oรฑ a mission to tarnish the church image. Even without investigation of the bรบilding by relevant professional. He is already passing judgement
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Reference(m): 7:24am On Oct 04, 2023
It is a lack of proper corporate governance within some of these establishments that causes these things. A tug between the volunteerism of the church and the regulatory demands of the state. As they (the Church) expand into the civil space and occupy heady positions in education, health and human services for example, and in this case construction and the engineering of major structures, standards are often lost.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by georgeakins: 7:26am On Oct 04, 2023
saysoo:
Am a catholic and I think Father Alia is totally wrong. Dunamis got approval to build from which goverment? What process have the goverment put to stop substandard products being used?

Nobody asked you the faith you practise.
Say your opinion and move on.

Fr Alia is right.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Kukutente23: 7:26am On Oct 04, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
So government is supposed to start vising every building project to know the standard of material used in every building in the state?

Isn't that the responsibility of the owner of the project and project manager?

Government is supposed to punish anyone that cut corners and put people's lives at risk. Which the governor has rightly done.
Now the question is, how is he going to punish dunamis church and it's engineers that out people's lives at risk by using substandard products should be the question.

If you don't know the job of govt, don't come here and type trash. Govt officials are supposed to visit sites to ascertain that the building is following approved plan.
How do you think you see some building under construction carrying red marks to be demolished? Who put the marks there?
You guys are ignorant but go about spilling trash just to defend govt.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by adecz: 7:29am On Oct 04, 2023
๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Most Dunamis Church structures are
always poorly designed and constructed.

That is what happens when the GO has
a close relation who is an architect and
gives the relation all church projects to
handle whether the relation is good or not.โžก๏ธโŽโŒโŽ
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by saysoo: 7:30am On Oct 04, 2023
georgeakins:

Nobody asked you the faith you practise. Say your opinion and move on.
Fr Alia is right.
am not sentimental like you! He is wrong.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Reference(m): 7:34am On Oct 04, 2023
saysoo:
am not sentimental like you! He is wrong.

Everyone is wrong or has failed in this case.
The establishment in not doing a proper job and the government in not superintending over it.
The revocation is just dramatic act meant to press a veneer of responsibility.
Underneath the regulators will rather be in cahoots with the corner cutters.
That is how their minimum wage of five loaves and two fishes can buy three thousand phones like that the policewoman was spotting a while ago.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by erniok(m): 7:37am On Oct 04, 2023
HandsomeHITLER:
angry This careless construction and cutting of corners shouldn't be an attribute of people who are Godly. I mean, a Godly people should stand for truth, pragmatism and logic.
They should be honest in their dealings. If you are sick, go to the finest physician. If you want to fix a car, visit the best mechanic. If you want to build a structure...
Not like they don't have the free offerings and tithes their followers have donated.
But no, Daddy G.O. and his Wife have other things to do with your money, don't they? undecided
They way you think is very appalling. Some if I award a building contract and pay fully for it, I will also be blamed if something happens. This is amazing.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by BoldBrainz(m): 7:40am On Oct 04, 2023
sweetgala:

I woke up to a litany of mentions, most of which were varying degrees of insults. But I'll give very selected replies, and only to people who saw it proper to comment decently.

Governor Hyacinth Alia has spent his first few months in office jumping from one media jamboree to another. Where he has found shortcomings on the part of initiatives by his predecessor, he's always been quick to jump in front of microphones to scatter blames like a market woman under the compulsive heat of "low patronage".

A building collapses and killing some people in the State, proper thing to have done would have been to give your sympathy to the families of the victims while assuring the public of your swift response to unravelling the causes to it. Instead, he has already preempted the essence of any investigations to be done, because as always, he is already rambling and pointing fingers.

It is a very inappropriate behaviour for a man of the cloth, which he was before assuming the leadership seat.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by juman(m): 7:46am On Oct 04, 2023
Sorry to the church.

Building built badly would collapse one day.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by juman(m): 7:48am On Oct 04, 2023
Benue is lucky.
They have a serious minded person as governor.
Let make Catholic fathers governors of at least eighteen states and see good governance.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by victorazyvictor(m): 7:49am On Oct 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

No mind the hediot.

He can't set up a proper building agency to scrutinize building fame BUT to blame leadership of Dunamis as if Dunamis is the engineering body.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by dapsoneh: 7:50am On Oct 04, 2023
DrTee1:
Except it is a misleading headline, I'll fault the Governor.

The Church can do anything and be anywhere. The government, which Reverend Father Governor Alia heads, should take responsibility for allowing a substandard building be erected.

Engineers know that there is a benchmark for construction materials everywhere. This benchmark is maintained by institutions of government. The reason why the society works in the developed world is because the government is up and doing.

The Governor should ask questions from the supervising ministries of works, lands, urban development and housing that allowed a substandard structure to be developed, not the church.

You should blame your system that failed to prevent the mishap before blaming the bereaved church for their presumed unavailability to "receive your Excellency" when you possibly didn't pre-inform them of your intention to visit.
so, no blame should be apportioned to the leadership of the church who were aware that hundreds of thousands will come worship and shouldn't have erected that in the first place? This is the same Dunamis who will stand on the pulpit to cause the leadership of the country. Leadership and good governance is not by legwork, u do ur part b4 blaming the government too.. To me, Funamis has no moral justification for speaking ill of the govt when they keep doing the same thing they blame the government for.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by BoldBrainz(m): 7:54am On Oct 04, 2023
sweetgala:

Let's be realistic, if I was in the US and happened to send resources to a building contractor to erect me a structure, will I have to come down to monitor quality of work delivery?

There's a reason government at all levels have bodies and agencies saddled with the responsibility of vetting and issuing building permits. Those bodies are also tasked with the responsibility of making sure erected structures meet town planning and structural standards. Where the individual fails on his part to ascertain structural integrity of his building, those bodies are duty bound to deliver.

But we have gotten so used to the ineptitude and failings of government and its organs that we largely just abrogate so many extant responsibilities of government to ourselves.

Alia should have waited for the outcome of whatever investigation that's to be done before vomiting rubbish everywhere. It could be failings on the part of his own governmental departments. Who in his right senses approves a building permit for a storey building in a swampy area, if not government officials looking to cut corners and make a quick buck?!
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Sojourner1976: 7:56am On Oct 04, 2023
saysoo:
Why do you have to stress your being Catholic? What has been Catholic or not got to do with anything here?
Are you suggesting the governor being Catholic is fighting Dunamis a Pentecostal group?

That pastor killed isn't a Catholic, the people injured aren't Catholic, so why the insinuation of witch-hunt against Dunamis?
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by Segzy19: 7:58am On Oct 04, 2023
What side of the story? Abi what is this one saying?
Is this a case of two people fighting or what?

Bishop7170:
Let's hear from the church itself, pastor Paul Eneche should come and tell is their own side of the story.
Re: Governor Alia Visits Site Of Collapsed Building, Blames Dunamis Leadership by gtassure: 8:02am On Oct 04, 2023
laurel03:
Seriously am a xtain but if you tell people that church are just too many in Nigeria they will tell you are anti christ. The money will invest in church if they invest it in productive things we change. Building church building church and the society is full of evil people.
Na money dey there na! Whenever you see things Nigerians are doing left, right and center, it's because of Kudi, Ego, Owo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co / 29-Yr-Old man Confesses to killing His Elder Brother Over Land In Anambra (Pix) / Hardened Criminals Paraded In Imo State With Different Assorted Weapons. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.