Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? (5704 Views)

Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman / Bad Deal Exposes Nigeria’s Fake Miracle Syndicate / Have You Ever Experienced A Miracle? Let's Share It Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 27, 2011
Healing, believing bla bla. Jesus healed people and we didn't hear that the diseases came back. I don't believe that all these modern day pastors have any powers at all.

How many of them are ready to fast and go into the wilderness? Materialism and godliness don't go together.

We may safely conclude that the days of miracles are gone. It ended with Jesus, Peter and Paul's era.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by tuniski: 9:12am On Oct 27, 2011
miracles happen but most of what we see and hear are lies dat are acted out. My late brother was supposed to have been healed after over ten days in coma with a strange unexplainable convulsion but kept on pointing up and chewing only God knows what. The miracle worker healed him so to say as he gaine consciousness but can recognise d people around after like two month he came down worst off and died so where is d miracle? If only follow up are done most of d miracles will b dismisssed as mere jankara!
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 27, 2011
Seems it's only those with evil powers that can perform some sort of 'miracle'. However those don't last and u end up worse of.
From all the responses, nobody on NL has seen or been a beneficiary of a verifiable miracle. Na wa o.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by tessyade: 10:33am On Oct 27, 2011
Once your mind is fixed that there is nothing like miracle, u will never see or experience one. Someone shared his own experience here and no comment was made on it. During the days of Jesus, He was accused of healing by the power of Belzabbub matthew 12: 22-24,so its not strange to hear people say all pastors heal with strange powers today. And for those who said their people died after being healed, i think proper knowledge of the scripture will help. In Matthew 12 vs. 43 - 45, Jesus clearly stated that it is possible to be healed and get worse if the healing is not maintained. Also in John 5:14, Jesus told a man he healed to be careful otherwise his healing will result into something worse. In summary, if u dont belief in miracles, then you dont believe in the saying of Jesus according to Mark 16:16-18. Shalom.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 27, 2011
mabell:

For your information, some healings and miracles are not instantaneous, they take a gradual process
But it's in the place of the person involved to continuously hold on to his healing until he sees the complete manifestation

But Jesus' miracle was instant, even that of Peter and Paul. Could it be that our pastors lack the powers because they are not better than us or have become too materialistic?
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by kabasa77(m): 11:34am On Oct 27, 2011
Pastor,there is a miracle here, tell me about it! cry
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by EvilBrain1(m): 11:41am On Oct 27, 2011
mabell:

For your information, some healings and miracles are not instantaneous, they take a gradual process
But it's in the place of the person involved to continuously hold on to his healing until he sees the complete manifestation

You're saying that it's my friend's fault that he died. Because he didn't hold on to his healing or he didn't have faith or something. That's what you're saying.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by tuniski: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2011
ther is no pastor beta than u it is all for economic advancement. U to can sleep wake and claim a calling den open a church wateva happens it all boils down to your trickry, smartness and jass in some cases acting! I said religion is fraud but God is true people will b disappointed especially d self confess men of God, ONLY GOD KNOWS HIS MEN. Please people should stop using thier own version of God to dictate to others or call other unbeliever. Can someone so me ,not d drama but real person dat has been to heaven and back and c only xtians or moslems in heaven!
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2011
It is man's nature to religionize everything.
Yet it works for some people and not others. pick your own and walk in your peace.

But know this simply, true belief in Christ is the only way to eternal peace.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by tuniski: 9:33am On Oct 28, 2011
@ 2buff, true belief in christ is d only way to eternal peace according to xtianity and to xtians. When opens d door of heaven to non xtians let xtians close it simple!
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by ronkebp(f): 10:00pm On Oct 29, 2011
@ Gaggi, if you do not open your mind for a miracle, you will not find one. If you do not believe that miracles exist, you will nit see any. Everything that has to do with God, involves you believing first and obeying his commandments. The Bible says; '' you ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss'. Do you doubt when you are asking God for anything, then you are still joking, Christ Himself said, for some miracles to happen, it takes serious prayer and fasting. Just beacuse a miracle happened in Lagbaja's life, does not mean that it will happen in your own life. Believe God, and He will answer you, not at the time you seek, but at the time He Wills'.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by joyuchesun: 1:56am On Oct 30, 2011
When looked at literally, turning water into wine or making a cripple person walk, it is unlikely that miracles will be seen.

However, true miracles are expressions of Love that cause changes in perception, which in turn alters the temporal order of events. Miracles have no limitations. They are natural, healing occurrences, commonly seen everyday, and the birthright of all people. But it is a change in mindset.

So, for example, you may be in a situation that you believe is insurmountable, but if you change your perception or your thinking, you will be able to overcome. Some will call the outcomes that follow, a miracle. However, in its truest sense it was a change in your thinking or perception.

The examples in the bible are just symbolic of a change in perception. When Jesus says "Rise, take up your bed, and walk" Initially the man did not move because he did not believe he could. But as his perception changed he got up. It is more metaphor than literal.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by knowjack: 3:01am On Oct 30, 2011
interesting interpretation of miracles.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 30, 2011
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by beula2009: 8:35pm On Oct 30, 2011
Gaggi:

Healing, believing bla bla. Jesus healed people and we didn't hear that the diseases came back. I don't believe that all these modern day pastors have any powers at all.

How many of them are ready to fast and go into the wilderness? Materialism and godliness don't go together.

We may safely conclude that the days of miracles are gone. It ended with Jesus, Peter and Paul's era.

DAYS OF MIRACLES ARE NOT OVER.IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT MY WIFE FELT THIS PAIN IN HER SPINAL-CORD DOWN TO HER WAIST THAT SHE COULD NT MOVE NOR STAND,FIRSTLY I WAS SCARED COS MANY YEARS TOGETHER HAVE NEVER SEEN HER IN SUCH STATE NOT EVEN HAVING OUR FIRST CHILD.I WAS THINKING ABOUT CALLING AN AMBULANCE WHEN I HEAR-ED A VOICE INSIDE ME SAYING LAY YOUR HAND ON HER AND PRAY WHICH I DID, MY WIFE THAT WAS CRYING IN AGONY STOOD UP STARTED LAUGHING, OVERWHELMED AND STARTED PRAISING GOD.SHE LATER EXPLAINED ALL THAT HAPPENED DURING THE PRAYER,SHE FELT AS IF BEEN ELECTRIFIED-  THE POWER OF GOD MOVED AND SHE WAS HEALED THAT NIGHT,ALL THESE HAPPENED IN SOME COUPLE OF HOURS.

HOW ABOUT THE ONE THAT LED ME TO THE LORD?
MY WIFE WAS MEDICALLY CONFIRMED BARREN AFTER SEVERAL TESTS (IN WESTERN WORLD.E.U TO BE PRECISE) SAID SHE CANNOT CARRY A CHILD- we are already expecting our second child IN 4YRS. EVEN A MEDICAL DOCTOR CONFIRMED IT A MIRACLE- MY BROS/SIST. OUR GOD IS THISAME TODAY AND FOREVER.BELIEVE IN GOD NOT MAN(OF GOD)
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by mail4gift2(m): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2011
Miracles exist and still do, like i said earlier on, you have to have faith, believe, now, lets define faith using the bible Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" thus before you can experience any miracle as a Christian, you must have Faith.

I have experienced so many miracles, but lately, the miracles/healing i have and still experience are self made miracles/healing meaning, i did not go to church or meet any man of God, if they can do it, i too can do it, all i do is read my bible daily, it really helped me to boost my faith.

I once had a severe tooth pain, i have had d pain for three days, one night, after reading my bible (as usual), i placed my tongue on the tooth and i said "Father Lord, heal me of this pain", i slept woke up, the pain is gone, no more pain till this day and days to come, i can go on and on about the Miracles i have personally experience ever-since i finished reading the whole of the new testament and still read it over and over again.

The powers of God is unlimited, ask him for those powers, he will surely give it to you, ask him for whatever you want (believing) he will surely give it to you.

And for those who need Miracles to believe, always meditate on this verse  Mark 9:17-26 >>
New International Version
17A man in the crowd answered, “Teacher, I brought you my son, who is possessed by a spirit that has robbed him of speech. 18Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not.”

19“O unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.”

20So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth.

21Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?”

“From childhood,” he answered. 22“It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”

23“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.”

24Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”

25When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the evila spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.”

26The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, “He’s dead.” 27But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up"

May it be to you according to your FAITH.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2011
yes miracles do happen.
I remember one vividly that i can never forget. As a young child i was plagued with nightmares, horrible dreams that had me sleeping less than 4 hrs each night. It was worse if NEPA took light. One evening i said a little prayer asking God to take them away . . . its been 20 yrs later. . . not a single nightmare since that very night. I still say the exact same prayer i prayed that night (just one line) every night before i sleep now.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Ozegbe(m): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2011
still waiting for aids cancer and diabetes cure
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by manmustwac(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2011
Ozegbe:

still waiting for aids cancer and diabetes cure
still waiting to hear about someone who lost their limbs have them grow back.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2011
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by wetu: 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2011

my brother, i am truly happy that u no longer suffer from anxiety but you stated that God "healed" you but the anxiety wasnt completely gone how can the almighty God heal someone and the person still remains the same? truth be told, it was the medical and psychological treatment you recieved that helped you gradually overcome your anxiety.

the poster asked for real authentic miracles and people are here bluffing. im still waiting for jaw-dropping, non-scientifically explainable healings oo ,

No,

I suffered from a serious case of anxiety disorder for 17 years. How would I know the difference between the demonic anxiety that I had and the normal anxiety that people who don't have anxiety disorder experience?

The medication only[b]controlled it[/b]. That's why the psychologist expected to see me again the next year. He knew that it takes years to treat such a condition. I saw him in those 5 or 7 sessions in the space of three months or so.

And how do you explain what I experienced as being filled with the Holy Spirit?

The only explanation I can give you why "the anxiety was not completely gone" is that anxiety is something that we all experience to varying degrees in our minds. However, a demon of anxiety (linked to demons of fear) can also insert feelings of anxiety into one's mind. Once that demon was cast out of me by the Word of God, I continued to experience the normal anxiety. Anxiety is a cycle when you experience it once that experience will become the feeder for the next anxiety. You are basically anxious about anxiety.

I know that I am a new person because previously if I was in a shop and I heard an explosive sound, I will react with fear as everyone else does or even when I come close to being involved in a car accident. But now I get a different "vibe" in those situations. I am more calm, no rush of blood, no thumping heart. I have overcome all fears, even the fear of death.

You are able to find holes in my testimony because I am telling the truth. If the aim was convince you I would have ommitted to say that I still experienced anxiety for a while. But my intention was not to tell convince anyone but simply to answer the question "Who has experienced a miracle"

And remember the miracle is not that I no longer suffer from anxiety. The miracle is what happened on those two consecutive nights. Not at the psychologist's room but in my room while reading my Bible.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2011
Greggj:

this is some messed up sh** . there are people suffering and dying in horrendous conditions while god's priority is to take away nightmares?!

despite all the fasting and prayers, my sister passed away from severe kidney failure, leaving behind her 3month old baby to be brought up by his dead-beat father, while god obviously thought your toothache was a priority , christianity makes me sick! lipsrsealed

this person will probably get sick at some point, proceed on months of "fasting and prayer", which probably wont work then go on to blame God as usual.
IF you dont have a GENUINE relationship with God i wonder why you expect Him to show up when you need Him most. Why?
If you did know Him you would have been well aware that even Paul did not receive a miracle healing to the pain in his side and it was for a purpose.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by mail4gift2(m): 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2011
Greggj:

this is some messed up sh** . there are people suffering and dying in horrendous conditions while god's priority is to take away nightmares?!

despite all the fasting and prayers, my sister passed away from severe kidney failure, leaving behind her 3month old baby to be brought up by his dead-beat father, while god obviously thought your toothache was a priority , christianity makes me sick! lipsrsealed

davidylan:

this person will probably get sick at some point, proceed on months of "fasting and prayer", which probably wont work then go on to blame God as usual.
IF you dont have a GENUINE relationship with God i wonder why you expect Him to show up when you need Him most. Why?
If you did know Him you would have been well aware that even Paul did not receive a miracle healing to the pain in his side and it was for a purpose.

Hope the highlighted is ok for you
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2011
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2011
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2011
Greggj:

dont go making assumptions to back up your incompetent god. several pastors and ministers as well as church members and my parents where involved in the prayer and fasting. im waiting for your response to that u brainwashed fool lipsrsealed

nhmm if you are anything like your family then i wonder why you expect God to answer you. you could have gone the medical route and left His incompetency alone right?
Totally bored with the predictable foaming in the mouth when people think the God they prefer to ignore all day chooses to look the other way when they run into a brickwall. I assume you would be expecting those same "pastors" to pray when you fall sick too right? Perhaps you would tell them not to waste their time.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2011
Those talking of nightmares, backpain etc don;t get it. I'm talking real life threatening ailments like cancer, HIV, sickle cell, epilepsy etc being cured.
As for normal miracles, it happens in my life everyday like waking up, getting unexpected monies etc.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2011
Gaggi:

Those talking of nightmares, backpain etc don;t get it. I'm talking real life threatening ailments like cancer, HIV, sickle cell, epilepsy etc being cured.
As for normal miracles, it  happens in my life everyday like waking up, getting unexpected monies etc.

my mother made it through terminal bosom cancer, according to her surgeons . . . they spent almost an hour trying to revive her at a point thinking she had died. All that through serious prayers.
So what exactly is your point? Because his sister died we should throw our bibles away?
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by claremont(m): 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
[b]A typical example: A multiple accident scenario with some survivors and some fatalities, the survivors are praising god that he did a miracle by keeping them alive. In that same vein, it follows logically that the fatalities should be cursing god for his wickedness in allowing them to die. To cut the long story short, I don't believe in spiritual miracles, I don't believe a celestial hand of god exists that is capable of reversing what happens naturally. If we do assume that such a celestial dictator exists, then I would say that there are hungry children living in some regions in Africa who would die today because they lack food and water, people die every day as a result of natural disasters, several diseases are ravaging humanity; how come there are no miracles for the aforementioned?! Is the celestial dictator sleeping or is he just inept?!

Miracles do NOT exist and have NEVER existed, it is delusional to believe otherwise; but of course we already know that religion is a poison that makes sane men think/act delusional![/b]
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by dekung(m): 3:53am On Nov 02, 2011
It baffles me that some people insist that it is because u dont have faith, thats why u dont experience miracles. for me that's hogwash, total baldadash. In all my years, I can't lay claim on one miracle and guess what I dey pray well well, even go MFM for one week's prayer and fasting or should i call talking and torture. If my miracle depends on my faith, how come Sarah laughed the angels to scorn yet she still got pregnant and had a saf delivery at eighty something? I need someone to confirm real miracles if it exists, not vanishing headache and all those toy story miracles.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by harakiri(m): 5:18am On Nov 02, 2011
dekung:

It baffles me that some people insist that it is because u dont have faith, thats why u dont experience miracles. for me that's hogwash, total baldadash. In all my years, I can't lay claim on one miracle and guess what I dey pray well well, even go MFM for one week's prayer and fasting or should i call talking and torture. If my miracle depends on my faith, how come Sarah laughed the angels to scorn yet she still got pregnant and had a saf delivery at eighty something? I need someone to confirm real miracles if it exists, not vanishing headache and all those toy story miracles.

You'll NEVER see any confirmation because tales of miracles are man-made to give "credibility" of religious beliefs in supernatural powers. Wanna see a real miracle? Check out a 50,000 Metric tonne capacity ship that's made of metal and yet, it floats on water without sinking. Check out an airplane that weighs several thousands of tons but yet, it can still fly. Check out your cell phone that can send voice signals and SMS from one country to another. Check out your laptop you're using to comment on nairaland and facebook, everything you type is displayed with NO INK! Now these are miracles but do you consider them as miracles? NO! Why? Because you understand how they work (at least the basics).

I wonder why human beings keep looking for answers where they don't exist.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Amujale(m): 5:19am On Nov 02, 2011
Ones school-of-thought is determined by ones geographical inheritance, there is NO short cut. Its either we face the truth NOW or forever keep our peace.

For days, months and years we have invested all our spirituality into false HOPES and ASPIRATIONS. When common sense dictates that the only TRUE aspiration is one which can actually be achieved in its entirety.

There is so much to learn about ourselves and surroundings yet we were being taught NOT to think.

What kind of psychology beats ones collective continuity?

All the ethical and moral philosophies one needs to navigate the planet Earth is already present in our OWN psyche; it just needs to be de-supressed.

Our ancestors and heroes worked night and day to pass onto us all their works and findings yet we refuse to follow-up.

There is so much work to be done, and yet little effort awarded to OUR course.

Let us invoke the spirit of OUR ancestors, in everything that we partake.

We need to operate as if our world has been stolen and we AIM to re-take it by all necessary means.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Look Who's Embracing Chris Oyakhilome! / Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder / Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.