Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? (5685 Views)

Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman / Bad Deal Exposes Nigeria’s Fake Miracle Syndicate / Have You Ever Experienced A Miracle? Let's Share It Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Odunnu: 5:23am On Nov 02, 2011
I wont share my miracles here because there's so much stench of unbelief. I wouldnt want it to be made fun of. But then, take note that i've two very astounding and verifiable miracles done to me. I believe in miracles
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Amujale(m): 5:35am On Nov 02, 2011
Whatever it is that floats your boat, master it, be the best you can.

Lets all try to be "miracle" makers in our various disciplines, the teacher that invents a more effective way of projecting to his/her pupils performs some kind of miracle.

The pupil that unlocks the genius in him/herself has performed a kind of miracle

The lawyer that aims never to loose a court case and lives up to the bill performes his/her own miracle

The trader that provides the best customer service possible is a miracle in the eyes of his/her customers

The driver that has never been involved in an accident is a miracle to any passenger

Each and everyone of us can be miracle makers in our various walks of life
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by harakiri(m): 5:51am On Nov 02, 2011
tuniski:

miracles happen but most of what we see and hear are lies dat are acted out. My late brother was supposed to have been healed after over ten days in coma with a strange unexplainable convulsion but kept on pointing up and chewing only God knows what. The miracle worker healed him so to say as he gaine consciousness but can recognise d people around after like two month he came down worst off and died so where is d miracle? If only follow up are done most of d miracles will b dismisssed as mere jankara!

It's unfortunate your brother died in such a callous way. People need to sue these "men of god". People need to quit being naive,gullible and dim witted. People need to quit being SHEEPLE.

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by dekung(m): 9:08am On Nov 03, 2011
@ Gaggi, if you do not open your mind for a miracle, you will not find one. If you do not believe that miracles exist, you will nit see any. Everything that has to do with God, involves you believing first and obeying his commandments. The Bible says; '' you ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss'. Do you doubt when you are asking God for anything, then you are still joking, Christ Himself said, for some miracles to happen, it takes serious prayer and fasting. Just beacuse a miracle happened in Lagbaja's life, does not mean that it will happen in your own life. Believe God, and He will answer you, not at the time you seek, but at the time He Wills'.

Statements like these make me realise that the promoters of miracles and the likes present God to be an inanimate machine (e.g your car), and humans are the drivers, and faith is the is the pressure you put on the pedals (accelerator and brake) as well as the direction you turn your steering wheel. The more pressure you put on the accelerator, the faster the car goes in the direction you turn your steering wheel. My question now is between the two entities who is actually in control of the time it takes for you to complete your journey, the car or the driver.
If the driver is in control (like majority will agree) then it brings to a conclusion that humans(Christians and other religionist) created God, produced operation manuals (Bible, Quran and other such books) tell you how to operate/communicate with God and make you think its all your fault that things are not working for you in God
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Stronger99: 10:15am On Nov 03, 2011
Looked for a miracle all my life. Went to crusades, believed, had faith, drank olive oil, been prayed for by different men of God, fasted and prayed. In short i've done it all and i'm still not cured. The bible says just have a mustard seed faith yet i've had faith as big as a pineapple still no way.

I don't want anybody telling me B.S or trying to say i din't believe enough. I have had the faith of Abraham sef. I'm still SS, i didn't change to AA. Nowadays i just believe in science. Stem cell transplant actually cures SS. Nor be them say, it's a fact. That is what i look forward to now.
Maybe God gave us science instead and we waste our time looking for some supernatural magic.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2011
Odunnu:

I wont share my miracles here because there's so much stench of unbelief. I wouldnt want it to be made fun of. But then, take note that i've two very astounding and verifiable miracles done to me. I believe in miracles

Pls sister, do share. I'm here to learn.

Stronger99:

Looked for a miracle all my life. Went to crusades, believed, had faith, drank olive oil, been prayed for by different men of God, fasted and prayed. In short i've done it all and i'm still not cured. The bible says just have a mustard seed faith yet i've had faith as big as a pineapple still no way.

I don't want anybody telling me B.S or trying to say i din't believe enough. I have had the faith of Abraham sef. I'm still SS, i didn't change to AA. Nowadays i just believe in science. Stem cell transplant actually cures SS. Nor be them say, it's a fact. That is what i look forward to now.
Maybe God gave us science instead and we waste our time looking for some supernatural magic.

Abeg people make una explain this. Abi is this lack of faith too? Please God show me just one person who has been cured from an incurable disease through means other than scientific. I really wish i had the power to heal people. I feel so sad seeing people suffering through no fault of theirs.
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Revolva(m): 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2011
hahaha i DONT BLIVE IN INSTANTANEOUS MIRACLE BEEN POTRAYED BY OUR SO CALL PASTORS, ITS JUST FAKE, MIRACLE IS A STATE OF MIND YOU CANT TELL ME A BORN CRIPPLED GOT HEALED AND CAN RUN LIKE BEN JOHNSON IN JUST 10 MINUTES AND A BORN BLIND PERSON GOT HEALED OF BLINDNESS AND BEEN ASKED WHAT COLOUR IS THIS HE SAYS BLUE
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2011
In the bible, jesus, peter, paul etc raised the dead. lets be honest, have you personally witnessed a pastor raise a dead person back to life? afterall, God has not changed, i believe the bible as the word of God and everything it says. i also believe it when it says that miracles will cease (1cor.13:8-12). these modern day pastors do not follow the pattern set by jesus and his disciples (, for you have received freely, give free. matt.10:cool
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Joagbaje(m): 3:47am On Nov 07, 2011
Miraculous birth!

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpO-ZmlMH0A&feature=youtube_gdata_player
[/flash]

Ive ministerd to several people who got intant miracles. instead arguing over this why not simply attend a miracle crusade?
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

Miraculous birth!

Ive ministerd to several people who got intant miracles. instead arguing over this why not simply attend a miracle crusade?

Thats the point. I have attended some crusades, even those by Pastor Chris and i saw nothing. All we hear is "pastor this man had diabetes for 30yrs and he is cured now"
How do we know he really had diabetes and he was cured?

This brings me to a pastor Chris crusade in Benin at Garrick School many yrs ago. A heavy storm was coming and pastor Chris prayed for the rain to stop, na so the rain come with full force and people were running home.
What the good pastor later said was that we should serve God both in the rain and in the sun. He forgot to tell us why the rain did not obey him. grin
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 07, 2011
I will not share any of my miracles here as I won't have people insult something so precious to me.
How would a beast know how to appreciate a diamond ring (or a laptop)?

Believe what you may. If you feel you're boss enough to weather all the storms of life and beyond on your own, kudos to you. cheesy
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Joagbaje(m): 7:42am On Nov 07, 2011
Gaggi:
What the good pastor later said was that we should serve God both in the rain and in the sun. He forgot to tell us why the rain did not obey him. grin

Did the rain disobey him? Did he command rain to stop? He has always said if you go for crusade in the raining season ,carry an umbrella. How can you expect to see a miracle with a heart like this? So your intention for this thread is to mock miracles? That's why you refuse to believe any.

Be honest now, If someone tells you of a miracle that he witness will you really believe?
Re: Let's Be Honest, Who Has Ever Experienced A Miracle? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

Did the rain disobey him? Did he command rain to stop? He has always said if you go for crusade in the raining season ,carry an umbrella. How can you expect to see a miracle with a heart like this? So your intention for this thread is to mock miracles? That's why you refuse to believe any.

Be honest now, If someone tells you of a miracle that he witness will you really believe?

You misunderstand me. I'm not here to mock, just to build faith.
As per your pastor, yes, he prayed for the rain to stop and it didn't. My point is that he could have as well said we should remain in the rain instead of attempting to stop the rain.

If you have a verifiable miracle, i will believe. I'm ready to go to anybody's hospital to check out the medical record before the healing and the record after the healing. I'm that serious about knowing if miracles really do happen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Rapture / Christianity And One Man, One Wife / Ablution In The Bible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.