Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? (3035 Views)

Nairaland Men Stop Disturbing Me Please(photo) / Stop Looking For Virgins And Get Married Guys, You Can't Eat Ur Cake And Have It / "Men, Stop Calling Us Ashawo" - Emilia Chimee Dyke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Obavoh: 8:35am On Oct 05, 2023
A lot of married men feel too comfortable after marriage.

They believe it is only women who should put in effort to make the marriage work. This is why many marriages are dead.

Tips I use to keep my wife happy:

- I always make sure I look good for her.

- I tell her I love you at least 3 times a day.

- I buy her small gifts eg kunu, roast corn 🌽 every day.

- I always compliment her beauty.

See how I dress, you won’t know I’m a father of 5.
Married men take note and stay blessed

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by dontrulee: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2023
You're doing well.

But in the second picture, the surrounding is too dirty. Yuck.
Don't tell me that's where you live?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by dontrulee: 8:39am On Oct 05, 2023
Also, Father of 5 in this economy?
Do you know about family planning?
I'm not married but I know marriage with even just two children comes with a lot of responsibilities especially financially.

Mr. Father of 5, how do you cope with such financial responsibilities. What do you do for a living?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by talented321: 8:44am On Oct 05, 2023
It's well
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Ahmed0336(m): 8:44am On Oct 05, 2023
In all you do in this life, FEAR POVERTY.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by BigBlackPreek(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2023
So much stress with little pay to feed the family with the man himself ......

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:55am On Oct 05, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Solofresh2: 8:59am On Oct 05, 2023
Why post your own picture on a public faceless forum?
Why must you as a be the one to satisfy your partner all the when it's not even reciprocal or is it?
Why is your environment so dirty,especially the second picture yuck!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by benuejosh: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2023
If the pictures you uploaded are yours then i bet to stop engaging with so many people who quote or mention me on Nairaland. As in. You environment sometimes determine your level of thought and mindset.

A dirty environment will make your mindset dirty. In your case the ideal of looking good after marriage can be related to mean dirty looking environment.

Bros, people wey marry the look good except you go marry who no be your own.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by libertyfather(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2023
see who dey talk

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by LivingSage: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2023
Obavoh the Nairaland content creator

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Smitaro100(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2023
Using someone else's pix to mk joke is bad.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Authoreety: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2023
Responsibility
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Lonestar124: 10:36am On Oct 05, 2023
See where person stand take picture bikonu, probably the place he is living...

Op is that a gold mining site or what undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by AfroKnight: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2023
This is the first time I’m seeing this. Actually, married men always look better in marriage especially because there’s a woman in the house who is his resident fashion police.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by grandstar(m): 3:52pm On Oct 05, 2023
Solofresh2:
Why post your own picture on a public faceless forum?
Why must you as a be the one to satisfy your partner all the when it's not even reciprocal or is it?
Why is your environment so dirty,especially the second picture yuck!

I can tell you that 99.9% of people who come across him by chance after seeing this picture won't even know it's him.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Devonelle(f): 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2023
They only care about making money and chasing small girls.

Disgracing their wives up and down with their big bellies

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2023
Some of these married men become so dirty and have no care about hygiene anymore, they start to have pot belly, their teeth start to smell after 5 hours that when they talk spittle will be flying everywhere, i work with FG so I know what I'm talking about, by their mode of dressing you will know the dirty ones from the neat ones, they will come back from work all sweaty and smelly, they won't bath at night, yet expect their wives to open legs for a stinky man with a smelly mouth.

I know of a single medical doctor that is as dirty as a stinky gutter, I went to his house for the first time and his toilet and bathroom is an eyesore, have you ever seen a white toilet turn to black, I saw it in his house for the first time in my life, cockroaches lives in his kitchen, he doesn't bath on his off days, he would stay for days without bathing, that day I spoke the honest and blunt truth to him to the extent that he doesn't talk to me anymore, so imagine how disgusting he will be when he gets married, I pity whoever will marry him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Exceed15: 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2023
Because they have carried heavy load.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Brandiebird: 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2023
AfroKnight:
This is the first time I’m seeing this. Actually, married men always look better in marriage especially because there’s a woman in the house who is his resident fashion police.

Here’s a man that knows 😂.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Nonexisting1: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2023
No wonder you still live in that kind of environment, no offense. If truly you are a father of five and you have no plans to see your children end up where you ended up, you wouldn't have more than two trousers in your house by now. I'm not against married men looking presentable but looking good should never be a priority especially among struggling men. The money you spent in buying those nonsense you call clothes could've better been channeled into something more useful to your family. If you had invested all the money you've spent on looking good so far in enrolling one of your children in an extra lesson or a skill class, that one may end up tomorrow delivering the entire generation from poverty. Take my advice or leave it, I done talk my own finish.

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Nonexisting1: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2023
Jovialjune1:
Some of these married become so dirty and have no care about hygiene anymore, they start pot belly, their teeth start to smell after 5 hours that when they talk spittle will be flying everywhere, i work with FG so I know what I'm talking about, by their mode of dressing you will know the dirty ones from the neat ones, they will come back from work all sweaty and smelly, they won't bath at night, yet expect their wives to open legs for a stinky man with a smelly mouth.

I know of a single medical doctor that is as dirty as a stinky gutter, I went to his house for the first time and his toilet and bathroom is an eyesore, have you ever seen a white toilet turn to black, I saw it in his house for the first time in my life, cockroaches lives in his kitchen, he doesn't bath on his off days, he would stay for days without bathing, that day I spoke the honest and blunt truth to the extent that he doesn't talk to me anymore, so imagine how disgusting he will be when he gets married, I pity whoever will marry him.
How was that same man before he got married and had children? You people open mouth waaa and talk rubbish about people with heavy loads of responsibilities when you haven't fed only yourself well. Many single people are on top bridges trying to kill themselves over hardship yet no one bothers to know what married people see today. Naturally I'm a very stingy person but I was forced to give 40k to a man today. I gave him lift and this man was stinking to high heavens. After we had small talk, I discovered that this man treks many kilometers every day to and fro work just to feed his family. He said that his transport money makes up their feeding money everyday. Someone that treks that long, why won't he smell? Mind you, he wasn't trekking the distance when he was single so chances are that he was cleaner, fresher and smelt nice at that time. Life changes affect humans and wise people adapt to the changes and don't give a fucck about what others say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Dogalmighty17: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2023
5 kids in this economy and you think you are not insane? You are not even looking well fed. So how the hell are you talking care of those kids?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Diego35M: 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
Obavoh:
A lot of married men feel too comfortable after marriage.

They believe it is only women who should put in effort to make the marriage work. This is why many marriages are dead.

Tips I use to keep my wife happy:

- I always make sure I look good for her.

- I tell her I love you at least 3 times a day.

- I buy her small gifts eg kunu, roast corn 🌽 every day.

- I always compliment her beauty.

See how I dress, you won’t know I’m a father of 5.
Married men take note and stay blessed

Even women
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by talented321: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2023
Did he ever ask assistance from you? Everybody have reason for their actions.. People who born many kids also have their reasons. It's their life, it's their choice. Even single men find it hard to survive..
Dogalmighty17:
5 kids in this economy and you think you are not insane? You are not even looking well fed. So how the hell are you talking care of those kids?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by viver1: 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2023
Tru tru you don't know?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by dododawa1: 11:00pm On Oct 05, 2023
Jovialjune1:
Some of these married become so dirty and have no care about hygiene anymore, they start pot belly, their teeth start to smell after 5 hours that when they talk spittle will be flying everywhere, i work with FG so I know what I'm talking about, by their mode of dressing you will know the dirty ones from the neat ones, they will come back from work all sweaty and smelly, they won't bath at night, yet expect their wives to open legs for a stinky man with a smelly mouth.

I know of a single medical doctor that is as dirty as a stinky gutter, I went to his house for the first time and his toilet and bathroom is an eyesore, have you ever seen a white toilet turn to black, I saw it in his house for the first time in my life, cockroaches lives in his kitchen, he doesn't bath on his off days, he would stay for days without bathing, that day I spoke the honest and blunt truth to the extent that he doesn't talk to me anymore, so imagine how disgusting he will be when he gets married, I pity whoever will marry him.
Na lie

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 06, 2023
dododawa1:
Na lie

Next time, if you lack sense to reply with a counter response, do not quote me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 06, 2023
Nonexisting1:
How was that same man before he got married and had children? You people open mouth waaa and talk rubbish about people with heavy loads of responsibilities when you haven't fed only yourself well. Many single people are on top bridges trying to kill themselves over hardship yet no one bothers to know what married people see today. Naturally I'm a very stingy person but I was forced to give 40k to a man today. I gave him lift and this man was stinking to high heavens. After we had small talk, I discovered that this man treks many kilometers every day to and fro work just to feed his family. He said that his transport money makes up their feeding money everyday. Someone that treks that long, why won't he smell? Mind you, he wasn't trekking the distance when he was single so chances are that he was cleaner, fresher and smelt nice at that time. Life changes affect humans and wise people adapt to the changes and don't give a fucck about what others say.

And your point is?

So because men toil day and night means they are justified for being dirty? We are glorifying dirtiness now? So we should appreciate men that work and leave them to continue to be dirty? How can these married men guide their children on neatness when they themselves are dirty? You people like to disgrace yourselves, women don't work too? Na only men dey toil day and night?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Postinor: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2023
Devonelle:
They only care about making money and chasing small girls.

Disgracing their wives up and down with their big bellies
you and that ur stretch mark breast,I wan suck breast
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by MrPOTUS: 8:21am On Oct 06, 2023
lipsrsealed

Marriage na unnecessary stress for men.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Stop Looking Good After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2023
MrPOTUS:
lipsrsealed

Marriage na unnecessary stress for men.

Are you from a single mother home?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Normal For Pussy To Be Odorless? / She Says I Invade Her Privacy / What If You Like Her Plump But She Dont?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.