Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. (14297 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / I Know Why You Want Sex / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by scrupulousblog: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:
Most Nigerian Churches have joined the Western world to turn the universe into a feminine world.

I was in a Church today for a wedding. The officiating priest told the groom to always respect his wife and her decisions... that if he's a watching a live football match and the wife comes in and change the station to Zeeworld, that he shouldn't complain or walk out. He should sit and watch the Zeeworld with her.

This is the same reason I left my come-as-you-are kind of church.
They twist the scriptures to align with the popular media and Holly wood culture.
They avoid asking wives to submit to their husbands. Instead they ask husbands to submit to their wives. Also they shy away from condemning fornication and adultery.

All these and more are contrary to scriptures (anti Christ)

The pastor has a huge bias in favor of women.

5 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by bukatyne(f): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2023
Babalola0920:
NAIRALAND I ought to believe there's not any partiality on your post on RELIGION I notice the absolute reduction on ISLAM PAGE post on Friday! Shey make all the Muslim comot for the platform ni ?

If you wanted to be truthful, you would realise that the reason why the Islamic section does not have much engagement is because you have to take an oath before commenting.

It is either you guys tell Seun to remove the oath and get more engagements (good, bad and ugly) or maintain status quo and engage yourselves.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by bukatyne(f): 11:21am On Oct 08, 2023
Realman50:
I was the type of guy that love going to church both programs, mid-week service and Sunday service but i automatically stop going. Some times i found no reason and sometimes i found reasons...what is really happening to me please someone help me.

Decipher why and start from there.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Dalatu1994(m): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2023
Realman50:
I was the type of guy that love going to church both programs, mid-week service and Sunday service but i automatically stop going. Some times i found no reason and sometimes i found reasons...what is really happening to me please someone help me.
you need deliverance that's all
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by omoiseselagba: 11:27am On Oct 08, 2023
Realman50:

You are seeing the light.

Don't go against the word of freedom.

Your spirit is about to be set free from religious boundage

3 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Think9ja(m): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:
Most Nigerian Churches have joined the Western world to turn the universe into a feminine world.

I was in a Church today for a wedding. The officiating priest told the groom to always respect his wife and her decisions... that if he's a watching a live football match and the wife comes in and change the station to Zeeworld, that he shouldn't complain or walk out. He should sit and watch the Zeeworld with her.

No be lie
Na girls de run church now
Holy spirit in the morning, olosho in the night

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Lastpharoah33: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2023
CaveAdullam:
If you are born into a religious household, by default you become a religious person. Whether, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Christianity, etc.

As you grow up in such a household, you become entwined in the nitty-gritty of that religion if you want to become a household name in it, say you want to become an Imam, Pastor, Seer, or whatever. Or just the regular religious person.

When people no longer believe in religion, it is said religion that made them so. How?

If you're a rational person and passionate about your religious practice, you'll begin to test your religious scriptural texts, doctrines, and beliefs and compare them with real-world scenarios.

You'll experience a truckload of conflicts and discrepancies. Then, you'll discover that much of what you have come to believe is not true. All it takes is for you to be open-minded and scrutinize your religion and religious texts for some time. And once you are here, there's no going back.

Your religious colleagues will tell you that you've backslided. They will tell you that your faith isn't strong and you'll need to pray more, fast more, or do a lot of other religious shambles. But the fact here is that you are now enlightened and found out what religion is.

It's religious adherents that make religion of religious texts. Left for the texts themselves, they are necessary for learning and wisdom just like all other books.

However, the human mind is in search of God because of the wonders of nature, the mystery of the universe, and the complexities of life. So, God in the hearts of men encapsulates all of these conditions, ergo, man's love for God whom he hasn't seen. It's just a lot of mental gymnastics + emotional fluctuations + imaginative power + confirmation bias. That's the birth of God and the supernatural.

This is not to say that religion isn't sacrosanct. Religion is important to keep civilization in check. The knowledge of God, the belief in his existence, and reverence for religious texts as His writings and instructions for men have kept billions and billions of humans alive.

Why do I say this?

Remove religion from the earth's equation, and in less than 1 month, humans will cease to exist. On this ground, "religion is the opium of the masses".

It becomes hope for the hopeless who believe in the replication of signs, wonders, and miracles espoused in their religion + a sedative used by political leaders and religious leaders to dox the masses by capitalizing on their ignorance. This doesn't mean that these leaders aren't victims of religious indoctrination. Just that they are smarter than the average religious Joe.

There is nothing wrong with you man. You are now seeing religion for what it is.

There is nothing bad in going to church if you love the sounds, music, and religious people. Just for fun though and not because you're scared of missing heaven and heading to hell.

The truth indeed sets you free.

Thanks.

May your ink never run dry,

Haven't been on the forum for months now but stumbling upon this submission of yours is really a good way to the day.

You nailed it when you brought to limelight, how religion remains the most powerful weapon/tool in the arsenal of politicians. I don't expect everyone to fathom this.

Nice write up once again.

3 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by benjida: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2023
Realman50:

Join a department you would enjoy serving in. Try to find expression through service. Using your God-given abilities is one sure way to find encouragement and satisfaction.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by adams123: 11:36am On Oct 08, 2023
GOD want to help you by delivering you from hell fire.. take the opportunity to study Islam, please.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by donami(m): 11:44am On Oct 08, 2023
Ask anyone who belongs to a cult if they have ever lost interest in attending any of their meetings but those who profess to serve God serve him as they desire and according to their own will. if the pastor says if you don't come to church these are the consequences (.....list them) you'll never miss church. if you don't serve God freely without coercion then you'll serve the devil by force in suffering and pain. Your life is on the highway down another path, I hope you don't lose your soul.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Fexam(m): 11:48am On Oct 08, 2023
La Vérité!!!

CaveAdullam:
If you are born into a religious household, by default you become a religious person. Whether, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Christianity, etc.

As you grow up in such a household, you become entwined in the nitty-gritty of that religion if you want to become a household name in it, say you want to become an Imam, Pastor, Seer, or whatever. Or just the regular religious person.

When people no longer believe in religion, it is said religion that made them so. How?

If you're a rational person and passionate about your religious practice, you'll begin to test your religious scriptural texts, doctrines, and beliefs and compare them with real-world scenarios.

You'll experience a truckload of conflicts and discrepancies. Then, you'll discover that much of what you have come to believe is not true. All it takes is for you to be open-minded and scrutinize your religion and religious texts for some time. And once you are here, there's no going back.

Your religious colleagues will tell you that you've backslided. They will tell you that your faith isn't strong and you'll need to pray more, fast more, or do a lot of other religious shambles. But the fact here is that you are now enlightened and found out what religion is.

It's religious adherents that make religion of religious texts. Left for the texts themselves, they are necessary for learning and wisdom just like all other books.

However, the human mind is in search of God because of the wonders of nature, the mystery of the universe, and the complexities of life. So, God in the hearts of men encapsulates all of these conditions, ergo, man's love for God whom he hasn't seen. It's just a lot of mental gymnastics + emotional fluctuations + imaginative power + confirmation bias. That's the birth of God and the supernatural.

This is not to say that religion isn't sacrosanct. Religion is important to keep civilization in check. The knowledge of God, the belief in his existence, and reverence for religious texts as His writings and instructions for men have kept billions and billions of humans alive.

Why do I say this?

Remove religion from the earth's equation, and in less than 1 month, humans will cease to exist. On this ground, "religion is the opium of the masses".

It becomes hope for the hopeless who believe in the replication of signs, wonders, and miracles espoused in their religion + a sedative used by political leaders and religious leaders to dox the masses by capitalizing on their ignorance. This doesn't mean that these leaders aren't victims of religious indoctrination. Just that they are smarter than the average religious Joe.

There is nothing wrong with you man. You are now seeing religion for what it is.

There is nothing bad in going to church if you love the sounds, music, and religious people. Just for fun though and not because you're scared of missing heaven and heading to hell.

The truth indeed sets you free.

Thanks.

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by CaveAdullam: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2023
Lastpharoah33:

May your ink never run dry,

Haven't been on the forum for months now but stumbling upon this submission of yours is really a good way to the day.

You nailed it when you brought to limelight, how religion remains the most powerful weapon/tool in the arsenal of politicians. I don't expect everyone to fathom this.

Nice write up once again.

I'm glad I made your day.

Thanks for your kind words.

I promise to improve and do better.

Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Mekanus(m): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2023
Realman50:
Nothing is wrong with you, you're just coming back to reality and your senses.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Seytex: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2023
Nothing is wrong with you mr. Man. Churches are gradually becoming association kind of. People go there to associate. Nothing more, nothing else.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by STEWpid(f): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2023
geoworldedu:
You are getting exposed to the truth. Your soul and body is finding a way to turn away from the lies of religion.

Chai..

To the CORNfused entity___ Realman50.

Being religious in line with Christianity or Islam is a process of harbouring long-lasting fears in our conscious and subconscious mind, for the single purpose not to take action against it.

So that when you even try to leave, it takes Grace for you to be able to beat those fears and be enlightened.

They instill fear in you.

You don't want to go to hell.

You fear your pastors; while you were made to believe that you should never do anything that will make them curse you, even in the face of wrongdoings.

Your own is to see this life as place not to be enjoyed.

Your dream is just to go to heaven. The heaven we never seen!

What if we die here on earth and the next planet we're to live is Jupiter?

...and the manner that people operate in churches nowadays will make you question whether this is a house of God or Sodomie.

Christianity and Islam are slavery instruments to keep Africans in the dark.

That is why Africa is the only backward continent in the world today and Nigeria is as corrupt and confused as hell.

Those technologies you use are not made by Christians or Muslims.

They are made by people that the duo termed Demonic.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by WriterX(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
With a copy of your holy book, social media app and GPTs, I still wonder why anyone goes out somewhere to listen to some other dudes telling them things they can simply research with their phones.

Going to Church isn't about one ability or level of spirituality or understanding of the word. For someone like myself I was faced with this dilemma until I realized a few things, I stopped and decided I was better off on YouTube and streaming and social medias services but I was wrong, reading the acts of the apostles made me realize so much about what we refer to as the body of the Christ.

You are a big part of the body of Christ, here are reasons I think may help you understand the need why you should join a church. For me I realized getting to church kept me strong and made me feel encouraged, remember as a body we function together, we are a family.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/comeuntochrist/uk/community/6-reasons-why-to-go-to-church#:~:text=Worshipping%20God%20is%20a%20commandment,God%20and%20give%20Him%20thanks.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Drsmartphilips: 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2023
church na scam

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Drsmartphilips: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
he has seen the light
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by blaise26abj(m): 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:

If this is true , Bleep that pastor !
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by RoyalHighness7(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
I liost interest in going to church 31 DEC 2014 when the pastor called me out in the present of my mum and dad and the entire congregation and saw a fake vision telling everybody am a cultist me that hates cultism like mad !!!

2 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by glolomoh: 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2023
Atrocities being committed in the church especially by pastors is enough to stop one from going to church.

I have once ' a upon a time SU Uncle' who stopped attending church for 6 years now because he caught his pastor sleeping with his wife. This is same pastor that run rigorous 6 months marriage counselling programme with him and the wife before they were finally solemnised in holy matrimony by the same pastor.

To incur his wrath, just tell him that you are a pastor. That's the end of the discussion.

This is someone that was addicted to church and its programmes before. He won't miss any program irrespective of the time or location. The only audio materials in his house and car is either gospel music or semon.

The people at the altar has bastardized the grace and motivation.

2 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by mmsen: 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
Most of the world doesn't go to church.

Hardly anybody in Japan wastes their time in church and they live in one of the most organized and civilized societies on earth.

Church does not make anything or anybody better.

Stop listening to people who try and bully you into foolish conformity.

4 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by phorget(m): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2023
God does not live within the four walls of a building.

3 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by deltateam: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2023
CreedElliot:

Can I recommend you listen to great sermons online to jelp rebuild faith in returning ti church please?

Eternity is forever and we cant afford to lose a single soul more to hell

I need.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by achorladey: 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
Realman50:

Go and learn what service to God mean. When you understand what it means, you will know going to a building situated in a particular place and time, day does not qualify what your service to God mean.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by MN07: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
Churches like I have come to understand are for hypocrites, backstabbers, betrayals in summary evil and deadly people.

They only go to church cause of either guilty conscience or as a cover for all the evil deeds they have done and because they are plain horrible human being just trying to feel some sense of good which is them lying to their selves.

Aunty/Uncle if you are reading this you are a horrible human being and no amount time spent in a building can save you just do the needful worship the DEVIL your master don't be shy.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Babalola0920: 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2023
bukatyne:

If you wanted to be truthful, you would realise that the reason why the Islamic section does not have much engagement is because you have to take an oath before commenting.

It is either you guys tell Seun to remove the oath and get more engagements (good, bad and ugly) or maintain status quo and engage yourselves.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

Isn't because of the oath despite non Islamic faith still popped in an say whatever they wanted.

Isn't about the oath after something can be applicable on other faith platforms.

Rather the complaint is why did he keep skipping the Muslim faith post on Friday as we all know Islamic faith do their worshipping on that day.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Opensecret247: 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
Religion is one of the biggest deception in the world.
Just know GOD for your self. Going to church every now and then is not a yardstick for knowing GOD.
John the Baptist was in The wilderness for several years, he never visited any synagogue, but while he was there, he sought after GOD and knew GOD Experientially...

2 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Antichristus: 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
CreedElliot:

Can I recommend you listen to great sermons online to jelp rebuild faith in returning ti church please?

Eternity is forever and we cant afford to lose a single soul more to hell

First, "[e]ternity is forever" is tautology. Secondly, any claims about existence must be made synthetic not analytic. There is no single proof for heaven or hell. Stop propagating and reinforcing myths and folklores as facts.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by NELLY1990: 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2023
I agree with you but sometimes its good you meet face to face with others. If you don't need help, others will meet you and ask for help.. I think its one of the reasons why the Bible says do not despise the gathering of the brethren.. it comes with many advantages.

quote author=wunmi590 post=126271175]

Not everybody who goes to church believed in God, if you know you are not interested in going, stay home and pray to God...

There's no place God doesn't answer prayers, as long ad you believe in that God, you will recieve everything you ever pray for, even your friends will think you do ritual, when you are being blessed......[/quote]
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by ukaface(f): 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
Realman50:
Nothing is wrong with you
You just got to that stage where you realise you won’t get flogged for not going to church.
Or maybe you realised, church can be a stressor

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Rostikol: 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2023
creativehubb:
Organised religion is a tool for control and manipulation of Africans. Our culture and spirituality is the way forward.

THANK YOU.

One thing I’ve noticed recently is that many Africans are waking up from the trance of colonial indoctrination and brainwashing of which Christianity is a major part.

Many are returning to an updated African spirituality. Even in the black diaspora of the US and Caribbean, many have dropped Christianity and adopted IFA spirituality.

I see this trend gaining ground in the years and decades ahead.

I personally believe that once we return to our ancestral faiths and philosophies, it would lead to a profound, positive change in our circumstances.

What we need to start doing now is to build temples of traditional spirituality like our ancestors did in Nubia, Egypt, and elsewhere in antiquity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prayer Is Important But Praise Is More Important / How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals / I Wonder If These Are Found In Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.