Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido (40469 Views)

Mercy Eke Confirms She Is Married, Says She Broke Up With Ike Months Ago / G-wagon Okoro Blessing Showed Off Months Ago Is Also Not Hers / Davido Changes His Hairstyle For Warri Show. Cute Or Nay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Sermwell(m): 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are not a court
No one has pleaded in front of you

You have not seen any evidence of claim or counterclaim but
You are passing judgment on what you know nothing about
Is that sensible?

Wise people will listen quietly that Is Why you have two ears and one mouth
Listen more talk less.
The dispute sounds like a breach of contract allegation
If Pinnick thinks he has a case he should go to court
You're a mad kid!! Davido has already admitted that he received money and claimed he want donate the money!! Pinnick already claimed he paid Davido and Davido has also confirmed it!! What stupid court are you talking about!! Mumu!
You're a fan of Davido means you don't have common sense!! Even his fans here have admitted that Davido is wrong in this case!

Allow common sense locate you Oga

1 Like

Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
CJStarz:
Abeg who go clear me on this,where Amaju from? D name dey sound Igbo to me. Is he from Itshekiri abi Urhobo?
Amaju Na Ishekiri man

1 Like

Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Numerouno94(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2023
intruder15:

Did you read the post? Or you didn't see the part where he said they were informed months ago that he won't make it?

Is reading now part of our problem as well?

Let's assume he had informed them months b4 the show that he won't come for the show. Wat now stopped him from returning their money?

Pinnik and the organizers brought out the matter online because they have bn calling him to return their money but he refused. OBO pay them back. If na US them for sue u.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Sermwell(m): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
olamike02:

This is the logic maybe you don't know. The promoters kept on using his name to get attendees to their show despite informing them he won't be there. They wanted to play smart. Omoluabis are always ahead.
You're just being stupid!! After informing them, what's the next thing to do?? Refund the money. Do you expect the organizers not to keep promoting the show when thier money is still with Davido?? Keep on fooling yourself here!!
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Sermwell(m): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
cedarcedar:
How much will they pay Davido for using his name to promote their show?
They have already paid him and he hasn't refunded the money!! Do you expect them not to keep promoting the show when thier money is still with Davido?
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
ThaFirstLady:
He defaulted alright. All i am saying is that there are legal channels he could have gone through to recover the money order than him getting online to yap like a pvssy. Anyways, we are a sm generation where issues to be resolved by a phone call gets trashed online.
Amaju never gone online, he is the promoter/organiser of the show. He only explained to the audience during the show, the reason why Davido didn't turned up let it not look like he deceived them.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Sermwell(m): 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigIyanga:

You don't know if contractual agreement was breached by NFF? There are some contracts, if you dont deliver on agreed deliverables, the performer keeps payment.
Did Davido say anything like that's?? Davido is just daring the man and looking for trouble. Now he feels he has the right to keep the money because pinnick was a corrupt NFF official. Can you imagine!!

1 Like

Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2023
thatigboman:
no be pinnick personal money naa. Davido is indebted to nff not pinnick, who's no longer nff chairman
was it NFF that paid Davido? Why is Davido not indebted to Pinnick. Least I forget, Pinnick is no longer the NFF Chairman long time ago before this show and payment.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Emaprince: 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Some Nigerian professors have not made $94k since they started lecturing.
No wonder they fail students anyhow grin
94k dolls is too far. That's over 90m in Naira.

How much is their annual salary?

They haven't seen half of it in their life time. That's cos things that imparts value into our lives are never cherished nor celebrated.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by KingAzubuike(f): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2023
Berankis:

It seems you are still the same handle "kingthethreat" but even if you are not, you just lack the lowest of common sense. Everyone is aware he donated except you. The publication is online, can you the sensible enough for once to just check before typing. Quick to type but too lazy to research.
Keep supporting someone who doesn't even know you exist or breathing.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Sermwell(m): 6:47pm On Oct 08, 2023
Dougad:
Davido is at fault but if the organisers used his name to promote the show even after telling them he won't be present, they're also at fault too.

Na just for the to settle down, discuss how much Davido go send back cos it's not fair for him to send everything after they've used his name to promote. And Davido no fit use the full money give charity. If e wan donate, na after he don cut e share komot but never the whole sum
The organizers were right to continue promoting the show with his name since he hasn't refunded the money.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Fearlez: 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2023
kingthreat:
Davido, you have no right to withhold money you did not provide the service for.
Because your uncle na governor and you popular no mean say you go dey do anyhow. Return the money wey dem pay you. If you get beef with Amaju Pricknnick, na your problem. Return the money make the matter rest.
I'm particularly surprised Davido is saying he will return money for the show payed to him to a football charity.

Please what's the correlation between football charity and your client who paid you for your service?

Again why insult Amaju to deflect the fact that you received money for a show and communicated your inability to attend the show for very long and still kept the money only to say you will pay it double to a charity.

The arrogant brat with a frail Psyche

5 Likes

Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Equity15(m): 6:53pm On Oct 08, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
I tell you bro. I mean why should Davido be paid In dollars for a show he is supposed to perform here in Nigeria. Even the pinnik himself is useless for paying in here. And we are all wondering why naira keeps falling
a very sensible question i have been searching for since this issue started. Why are they paying a nigerian artist in dollars for a show in nigeria? Is our legal tender now dollars?

2 Likes

Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by tiger28: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2023
In the midst of EXTREME HARDSHIP.....You are paying someone OVER $100K for a Show in WARRI??

HOW many ppl are buying the tickets and for HOW MUCH??

Something doesn't add up here.

No money ,No money we dey cry everyday and ppl are wasting money like this?

Na the ppl paying to watch this show be the mumu .....

See HOW Davido is cashing out from mumu ppl......JUST for him to be shouting up and down and miming his song

Mumu PPL!
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by KayB: 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2023
I wonder how this guy leadership would be at NFF among Super Eagles players spurring tribal sentiments at a slight disagreement. No wonders our football development is stagnant at the national level
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by phemmyfour: 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
Coolsat:
Why coming to social media when you can settle it like real gees
Davido love to be called out. He made it known that he won't be available yet kept the money? Who does that!

It doesn't matter if he's giving out double of that amount now. Nigerians just don't understand what is called INTEGRITY
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by phemmyfour: 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2023
Dougad:
Davido is at fault but if the organisers used his name to promote the show even after telling them he won't be present, they're also at fault too.

Na just for the to settle down, discuss how much Davido go send back cos it's not fair for him to send everything after they've used his name to promote. And Davido no fit use the full money give charity. If e wan donate, na after he don cut e share komot but never the whole sum
He did not returned the money, so the organiser has right to continue using his name
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Kachidubem: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ate247:
how is that money pinick money. Jay Jay said alot about Nigeria football league. Yet you spend a whole lots for an artist. Why won't referee's get involved in bribery scandals when you don't pay them well.
Is davido's uncle not also chopping osun people's money...oga forget that talk.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Cmanforall: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
officialwdhtv:
Warri show: I informed the organizers months ago that I will not make it but they continued to promote the show using my name- Davido says as he continues to slam Amaju Pinnick

In a series of posts on his Snapchat, Davido continued to attack the former President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr Pinnick. He said he wants to donate double of the money paid to him to any football charity organization.

It was reported earlier that during the show which held last Friday, October 6, Mr Pinnick called out Davido for failing to perform at the show despite receiving full payment of an excess of $94,600. While speaking at the show, Pinnick revealed that they booked a private jet for $18,000 for Davido to perform at the event in Warri, Delta State, but he didn’t show up. He went on to compare the singer to Burna Boy who he described as the biggest Nigerian superstar.

According to the sports executive, Davido shouldn’t feel he’s “big” as Delta state has also contributed to the entertainment sector in Nigeria. He noted that Burna Boy is partly from Itsekiri in Delta State. He also pointed out that actor Richard Mofe-Damijo and comedian Alibaba are all from Delta state too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyIQwC7Lb24/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-b_pB38ycQ

Why are they paying in dollar?

Later well hear dollar is scarce

I hope soon Nigerians won't be buying daily stuffs in dollar
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by kingthreat(m): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2023
Berankis:

You mumu small sha. You know he is a brand and "his name had been used to promote the show" without his approval. He may choose not to return the money. It's fair enough.
But the money plenty small sha grin N100m. Na so e easy to make this money? For how many hours' show?
I will choose my profession better in my next life.

Na you mumu pass.
Why did he collect money for a show without his approval?
Why didn't he make noise online that he won't be attending the show?
Why didn't he refund the money?
If after these questions, you still support Davido then your morals are complete garbage.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by kingthreat(m): 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2023
jumper524:
davido knows how bias the social media court of justice is that's why he's coming online.

So right. I pray none of my issues get dragged on that court of justice where drug addicts, prostitutes, slay queens and toddlers are your jury.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by kingthreat(m): 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
olamike02:

This is the logic maybe you don't know. The promoters kept on using his name to get attendees to their show despite informing them he won't be there. They wanted to play smart. Omoluabis are always ahead.

But he collected the money and didn't refund??
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by kingthreat(m): 7:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are not a court
No one has pleaded in front of you

You have not seen any evidence of claim or counterclaim but
You are passing judgment on what you know nothing about
Is that sensible?

Wise people will listen quietly that Is Why you have two ears and one mouth
Listen more talk less.
The dispute sounds like a breach of contract allegation
If Pinnick thinks he has a case he should go to court

I have a right to pass my opinion here. And if that irritates your gut, you can digest some hard drugs to cleanse it.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Kachidubem: 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2023
osuofia2:
Omo see how much they pay OBO for show. 94k $ + 18k $ PJ. These guys de cash out normally
Aside burna and davido, no other artiste can command this fee... hope you know

1 Like

Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Invest4growth: 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
He should invest in the GTI football fund and let the benefits go far or group life assurance for willing footballer or use it to settle say 20 years pension contributions of many.footbsllers as may be selected by NFF and his team. So they can start drawing asap
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by hkidola00(m): 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
Sermwell:

His image was never used!! You don't expect the organizers not to keep promoting the show when thier money is still with Davido uptil now.
what are you writing,the show has been concluded already,davido didnt show up, but the organizer using davido as advertisement to make more ticket sales is what davido didnt agree with,do you know what image right means,davido told them he wasnt coming
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Freemasonry: 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
kingthreat:
Davido, you have no right to withhold money you did not provide the service for.
Because your uncle na governor and you popular no mean say you go dey do anyhow. Return the money wey dem pay you. If you get beef with Amaju Pricknnick, na your problem. Return the money make the matter rest.

I shared your sentiments about returning the money, but I realized that it's going to be hard for David to return that money 100%.

And here's the logic:
The organisers had promoted the show with his name; that counts for something in showbiz.

His name and brand has been used. Don't forget that big companies pay good money to be associated with the Davido brand. Pinnick and his group can't be an exception.

The most that can happen is that part of the money would be refunded, but not all.

However you look at it, David has a strong case.

In any case, I hope they resolve this soon.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by francotunsco: 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2023
Davido really goofed here. I think he should stop using unverifiable donation of a thing to deceive Nigerians. His response is full of pride and bereft of sense of responsibilty. Oga, Pay back the money to the owner. Wetin concern charity concern the money wey dem pay you for your services which you could not render?

Abegii, Davido, return the money to the rightful owner and apologise for not doing same before the day of the event.

Shikena!
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by YoshihideSuga: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2023
I hate dishonest people. I know I don't have the kind of money to invite Davido, but with this attitude, I would actively discourage everyone I know NEVER to invite him.

Such a dishonest human being, just like most Nigerians.
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by blowjohn(m): 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2023
Felimax:
Stupid news!
Two of them should go to hell.
Must everything get to social media?

It's the age of social media.

What if either of the parties avoided seeing or responding to the other?
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by ponishah: 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
Babangidapikin:
You get time to dey reply Mr Pinnick .. shey there is terms and conditions ... He should talk to his lawyer and stop chasing clouts ...
i just tire d way una dey easily insult anyone for matter wey no concern you, even when dem no do anthing to una.
This is one of the damages caused by easy access to too much hard and cheap drugs every where in the country.
See as you dey chuk mouth dey insult people wey fit pay your entire family both salaries and pension at the same time forever.
Please go back to your parents and get retrained, they did a terrible job
Re: Warri Show: I Informed Organizers Months Ago That I Will Not Make It - Davido by Babangidapikin: 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2023
ponishah:

i just tire d way una dey easily insult anyone for matter wey no concern you, even when dem no do anthing to una.
This is one of the damages caused by easy access to too much hard and cheap drugs every where in the country.
See as you dey chuk mouth dey insult people wey fit pay your entire family both salaries and pension at the same time forever.
Please go back to your parents and get retrained, they did a terrible job

See profiler wey dey assume everybody be like am ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Henrietta Kosoko's Body Leaves For Abraka Village / Linda Ikeji's Mother Dances As Linda And Jayce Jeremi Her Baby J Leave Hospital / T.B Joshua In 1997 (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.