Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? (29140 Views)

Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. / Someone Who Hits A Man's Car In His Absence Leaves His Phone Number / 19-Year-Old Girl Flaunts Her Third Car In Two Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by JoshTim: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:
This is particularly against car theft, unconcerned about others like fire, flood, accident etc.

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

4. Suggest the one you know better than these.

Please I really need your responses on this.

Thank you.

All are appropriates and necessary at the same time.....and pls note that insurance is not free money, it is an amount to indemnify losses suffered as a result of eventualities of risk.

Insurance is a last resort/mitigation against loss when other controls( such as steering lock and tracker) have failed.

This way, when your car is eventually stolen, you won't have issues having claims against insurance premiums.

In Nigeria, people can be fraudulent. When some people take loan, inorder to commit loan fraud, the fraudster leaves few goods and rags in the shop and set on fire inorder to have insurance pay for the loans that have been insured.

Nothing really works here even when it has worked in other countries who are sincere and truthful about events.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by wittywriter: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2023
Wizlead:
To me I don't think there's anything like insurance in this country. Insurance is dead in Nigera.
Insurance can be done virtually anywhere in Nigeria and enjoy the benefits when things go south...if you know you know.

JoshTim:

All are appropriates and necessary at the same time.....and pls note that insurance is not free money, it is an amount to indemnify losses suffered as a result of eventualities of risk.
Exactly.
Deogratiasfx:

Insurance is more of enriching the insurance company.
What property have you insured or presently under a policy to affirm your post?

Wittyness
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Creamypie(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2023
Tracker is best
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Deogratiasfx: 8:47am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:

Why do you think insurance is dead?

Insurance is more of enriching the insurance company.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Afamed: 8:47am On Oct 09, 2023
Wizlead:
To me I don't think there's anything like insurance in this country. Insurance is dead in Nigera.

Una go just open una mouth to talk rubbish

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by sofeo(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2023
It's alright.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by LordReed(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:
This is particularly against car theft, unconcerned about others like fire, flood, accident etc.

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

Thank you.

Depending on your location and circumstances I would suggest you get all 3. Personally, I'll pick 1 and 2.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by MONEY247: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2023
Juju😂😂😂
Just kidding.....

I don't know much about cars

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by RPG2020(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2023
Everyday Rub one egg with red oil plus one native fwol feather place it on top of your dashboard

Thank me later grin you can leave your car open and come back nothing will happen angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by 99thEnemy(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Steering lock and tracker.
Your head dey your neck

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by McLizbae: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2023
Where is your area please?
Carmanbiz:
The level of car theft in my area in alarming.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by iHart(m): 8:49am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

Thank you.

How about Pedal lock?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by potent5(m): 8:49am On Oct 09, 2023
It is sufficient for its purpose as third-party insurance. Comprehensive insurance is a different one. But both provide insurance covers in their peculiar ways.
LordReed:

LoLz. Go buy better insurance and stop thinking that 5k you paid during license renewal means you have insurance.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Afamed: 8:50am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Go buy better insurance and stop thinking that 5k you paid during license renewal means you have insurance.
Ignore that boy, he does not have a bicycle talkless of having a car.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Rahkman: 8:50am On Oct 09, 2023
Tywo2018:
Just remove your Car Battery and lock every night and have peace of mind. Thank me later undecided
you never see thief wey go find battrey come back grin dey play

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Whatisurproblem(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2023
Higherthan:
Car insurance and tracker.
But hellupee boys, hmmmm. All the way from ladipo.😀
hypocrates like you won't mention Aboki babanbola miscreants

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by LordReed(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2023
potent5:
It is sufficient for its purpose as third-party insurance. Comprehensive insurance is a different one. But both provide insurance covers in their peculiar ways.

Really?
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by juman(m): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2023
Use all.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by spencekat(m): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Go buy better insurance and stop thinking [/b][b][/b]that 5k[b] [b][/b]you paid during license renewal means you have insurance.
It is no longer 5k. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

Thank you.
All of d above
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Ifebazz(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2023
Do not speak ignorantly or follow the ignorant bandwagon. There are several different insurance companies with different packages, go through their terms and conditions and choose the one that best suits your needs. Insurance Works in Nigeria as everywhere else just that many people don't know what they subscribed for but expect heaven and earth.

Wizlead:

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by spencekat(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2023
iHart:

How about Pedal lock?
Sterling lock or pedal lock,any one of them is still okay.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by ncoolsome(m): 8:53am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

Thank you.

Combine numbers 1 to 3 then when u find out number 4,add it as well
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by VEHINTOLAR: 8:53am On Oct 09, 2023
jamesversion:
I only use my alarm system.

It is not reliable,those bastards have a way of deactivating it. My wife's car was almost stolen because she assumed nobody could touch her car with the alarm system. She was wrong ! It was one eagle eyed old woman who instead, raised an alarm when she observed some strange movements around my wife's car.

I will advise you to install a car tracker and use a solid steering lock. The fear of Ladipo boys is the begining of wisdom !

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by emmyN(m): 8:55am On Oct 09, 2023
Buy a car with modern security features, then get an insurance.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:55am On Oct 09, 2023
TECHNOLOGICAL METAL DOME
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by spencekat(m): 8:55am On Oct 09, 2023
Wizlead:
Insurance still works in Nigeria, just that patronage is low.The aspect of insurance that is almost died in Nigeria is Life Assurance.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by bapehoodiesnet: 8:56am On Oct 09, 2023
The pink bape jacket is a stylish and iconic fashion piece known for its vibrant color and distinctive design. Featuring the signature Ape Head logo and camo patterns, it's a popular choice among streetwear enthusiasts. Crafted with high-quality materials, this jacket combines comfort and trendiness, making it a must-have addition to any wardrobe. Whether you're looking to make a bold fashion statement or simply stay cozy in style, the pink Bape jacket is a versatile and eye-catching choice. Elevate your fashion game with this iconic streetwear staple.
Visit our site: https://bapehoodies.net/pink-bape-jacket/

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Rnuman: 8:57am On Oct 09, 2023
Have you tried Enugu-Ezike before?

Carmanbiz:

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

Thank you.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Mimiranky: 9:00am On Oct 09, 2023
None of the above.... I will use otumokpor... Voodoo....
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Kobicove(m): 9:00am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:
The level of car theft in my area in alarming.

Which area is that?

So they still steal cars these days...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen / Mercedes Spies On Drivers By Installing "Big Brother" Tracking Devices In Cars / Trailer Causes Ghastly Accident In Abuja Thursday Morning [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.