Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,274 members, 7,836,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? (29190 Views)

Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. / Someone Who Hits A Man's Car In His Absence Leaves His Phone Number / 19-Year-Old Girl Flaunts Her Third Car In Two Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Kenmatt(m): 9:01am On Oct 09, 2023
nihinlade:
Let me learn more here. As for me:
1. I have been using Alarm System (anyone who touches my car is embarrassed by the alarm system).
2. The second one is vigilance. None of the above is worth it if the owner himself is not security conscious and vigilant. I don't just park anywhere. When I park somewhere I hold someone responsible for looking after it. I make sure my car gets home with me no matter the circumstance (to God's glory, I have never experience my car breaking down in the wrong places.

That your number two is useless.

Watching, when one, two or three persons with Devices come, what would you or your vigilante do?
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by pbet16: 9:01am On Oct 09, 2023
All of the above
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by fotadmowmend(m): 9:02am On Oct 09, 2023
The 3 .... For maximum security
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by GoodGovernance: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:
This is particularly against car theft, unconcerned about others like fire, flood, accident etc.

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

4. Suggest the one you know better than these.

Please I really need your responses on this.

Thank you.

All of the above.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by churchkilo(m): 9:02am On Oct 09, 2023
i use insurance and yes it works
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Dennisochampa: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2023
How about all of them plus a desert eagle .45 pistol always fully loaded

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by BigDawsNet: 9:03am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:
This is particularly against car theft, unconcerned about others like fire, flood, accident etc.

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

Thank you.

Car insurance is mandatory

Car tracker will get your back faster

Steering lock is fine... atleast, burglar will not have time to pick the locks
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Bakrabas: 9:06am On Oct 09, 2023
theophorus:
Insurance and Tracker.

But alas I never buy my First Car..

By God's Grace you and I Will soon get our first car and many more.

Don't forget to quote me, when this come to pass lol

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by EneJnr: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2023
Wizlead:
To me I don't think there's anything like insurance in this country. Insurance is dead in Nigera.

Insurance is working perfectly well in Nigeria. Where u dey go do your own?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Burgerlomo: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2023
Car insurance and Club (Steering and Brake lock) 😎

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by seniorgozman(m): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2023
Avoid Toyota and lexus and have peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by LZAA: 9:19am On Oct 09, 2023
Definitely 1 and 2
Do people still use steering locks?
Doubt it
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by phemmyfour: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

Thank you.
Car tracker is the best. Steering lock can be disabled

Car insurance won't locate the stolen car
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Carmanbiz: 9:21am On Oct 09, 2023
Tywo2018:
Just remove your Car Battery and lock every night and have peace of mind. Thank me later undecided

That's a big work bro.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by IjebuWarrior: 9:24am On Oct 09, 2023
theophorus:
Insurance and Tracker.

But alas I never buy my First Car..

Very soon, you go buy one.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by gbassa: 9:25am On Oct 09, 2023
Premium Insurance works well. I was paid 2.2M to fix my car after crashing into a trailer last year. I have also been paid 200K when I had an accident that I had to replace a headlight and fender.
Wizlead:
To me I don't think there's anything like insurance in this country. Insurance is dead in Nigera.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Carmanbiz: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2023
Rahkman:
you never see thief wey go find battrey come back grin dey play

grin grin grin

Them send am. No be ordinary
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Chetas81(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

Thank you.
car trackers
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by blackboy2star(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2023
Lies... I still used my third part insurance around May to replace my full light that broke...
It was even seamless, contact them through mail and was told to snap it to them and they came around with it and fix.
I had this your mindset before then but boom a colleague talk me through..

Wizlead:
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Basicend: 9:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Steering lock and tracker.

Bro, if you park your Toyota Corrolla or Camry muscle for some corners for Ikeja and Mushin overnight or some time in the day. . With steering lock, tracker, and even wheel lock. . all put together.

I can assure you that you won't see your car by time you get there in the morning. .

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by ZaddyJ: 9:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Rahkman:
you never see thief wey go find battrey come back grin dey play
Dem no need to get another car battery town van na dem dey use now grin
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Carmanbiz: 9:31am On Oct 09, 2023
Rnuman:
Have you tried Enugu-Ezike before?

Which one is that?
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Oluseglon(m): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2023
Wizlead:
How did you arrived at this? I want to know the background story. I personally think you guys say things to just put the country in bad light for whatever reason. I was comprehensively insured in the same country and whenever I had issues, I followed due process and gets funded to either fix or replace stolen ride. I can attest to many friends, colleagues and the likes with same experience.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Carmanbiz: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2023
Kobicove:

Which area is that?

So they still steal cars these days...

Are you kidding me? The level of car theft is even higher. In Calabar, Cross River state

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Ttipsy(f): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2023
Contact me for car insurance
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by ZaddyJ: 9:34am On Oct 09, 2023
blackboy2star:
Lies... I still used my third part insurance around May to replace my full light that broke...
It was even seamless, contact them through mail and was told to snap it to them and they came around with it and the fixer.

I use a third party insurance and last month my honda civic 98 was brush by the side and my traficator light got broken ,can I get it repaired through my insurance?
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Oluseglon(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2023
blackboy2star:
It was even seamless, contact them through mail and was told to snap it to them and they came around with it and the fixer.

Like I don’t get. I think most time it’s just kids who have no idea or experience. Not sure they even own a car or are insured. I ensure I make use of my insurance to the full benefits. Even if I no get accident, I still make claim for little traffic dent. They do send their consultant and my mechanic sure knows how to negotiate and get enough money to sort whatever that he needs to sort out. This is my own experience
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by blackboy2star(m): 9:37am On Oct 09, 2023
My brother, snap it and email them.. they will replace it, at worse they will come for inspection if they doubt you but they will replace it.

ZaddyJ:

I use a third party insurance and last month my honda civic 98 was brush by the side and my traficator light got broken ,can I get it repaired through my insurance?
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by blackboy2star(m): 9:38am On Oct 09, 2023
Not sure my brother... Hearsay has affected a lot of them without even investigating

Oluseglon:

Like I don’t get. I think most time it’s just kids who have no idea or experience. Not sure they even own a car or are insured. I ensure I make use of my insurance to the full benefits. Even if I no get accident, I still make claim for little traffic dent. They do send their consultant and my mechanic sure knows how to negotiate and get enough money to sort whatever that he needs to sort out. This is my own experience
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Oluseglon(m): 9:39am On Oct 09, 2023
ZaddyJ:

Third party doesn’t cover damage to you from your insurance firm. If you were able to get hold of the other person. Their own third party should cover you. That’s if they’ve got it and you get the needed information from them. Your own 3rd party covers those your affected as well and not your car.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Osanoghodua1: 9:40am On Oct 09, 2023
The Lord God of Israel is the surest. Steering lock and tracker is okay.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by zedegit: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2023
Atarakpa:
is a lie sir. Premium insurance work 100% in Nigeria. Last month I broke my rear light and all the expenses I get 100 per back from my insurance

Maybe you should educate him on the processes to follow instead of just saying it works.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? / Mercedes Spies On Drivers By Installing "Big Brother" Tracking Devices In Cars / Trailer Causes Ghastly Accident In Abuja Thursday Morning [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.