Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? (29148 Views)

Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. / Someone Who Hits A Man's Car In His Absence Leaves His Phone Number / 19-Year-Old Girl Flaunts Her Third Car In Two Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Oluseglon(m): 9:42am On Oct 09, 2023
gbassa:
Premium Insurance works well. I was paid 2.2M to fix my car after crashing into a trailer last year. I have also been paid 200K when I had an accident that I had to replace a headlight and fender.
Thank you for your input. It’s tiring telling people these things work. They just don’t key into it or lack information
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by francisduru: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2023
GOD
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by zedegit: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Go buy better insurance and stop thinking that 5k you paid during license renewal means you have insurance.

Shouldn't it be enough if Nigeria was working?
Are they not under government regulations?
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by jumper524(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:

Why do you think insurance is dead?
when you begin to hear proximate cause and other grammar.
You'll realise you've spent more funds in court already.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by francisduru: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2023
I use God
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Kaka77(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2023
Gear lock.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by OvertheTop(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Go buy better insurance and stop thinking that 5k you paid during license renewal means you have insurance.

Even this one has a cover of up to N1Mllion on Damages you inflict on a 3rd party's car
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by woleabayo(f): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2023
all the 3 ni oo to me
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by DukeNija(m): 9:51am On Oct 09, 2023
Wizlead:
To me I don't think there's anything like insurance in this country. Insurance is dead in Nigera.

Ignorance is bliss.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by CaptainFM1: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2023
When it comes to security, it's usually a combination of systems and procedures. There's no one fit all system. The same applies to every items and properties that one wants to protect.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by opius: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2023
Forget insurance completely

Lock and Tracker for my car
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Oluseglon(m): 9:54am On Oct 09, 2023
zedegit:

Maybe you should educate him on the processes to follow instead of just saying it works.

If he needs education he won’t come to a public platform to write on something he has no idea about. The topic is for those with experience not for kids or those who use every opportunity to talk down the country. What’s the purpose of your education if you don’t know when to apply decorum?

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Switruth: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:
This is particularly against car theft, unconcerned about others like fire, flood, accident etc.

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

4. Suggest the one you know better than these.

Please I really need your responses on this.

Thank you.
You want people to talk about this through the African way. Not all survives stealing someone’s car.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2023
gbassa:
Premium Insurance works well. I was paid 2.2M to fix my car after crashing into a trailer last year. I have also been paid 200K when I had an accident that I had to replace a headlight and fender.

Which insurance company are you using?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by paskal16: 10:03am On Oct 09, 2023
I no fit stay for house wey no get compound
Why would i be parking cars in the street lol
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by bobbiiee: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2023
I use all the above. I also installed car alarm system and fuel demobilizer which must be pressed otherwise the car won't start. When the door is opened and closed without pressing the knob, the car shuts down 5 minutes later.

I have been paid by Consolidated Halmark Insurance twice, same with my brother. I have a friend who has also made claims from the same company twice. My best man's sister was given claims once. Have been with CHI for about 6 years.

If you don't know the grey areas of Insurance I can assure you that you may not get paid or be given less than what is needed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by zedegit: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2023
Oluseglon:

If he needs education he won’t come to a public platform to write on something he has no idea about. The topic is for those with experience not for kids or those who use every opportunity to talk down the country. What’s the purpose of your education if you don’t know when to apply decorum?

It didn't work for him and it worked for you. I can smell your arrogance. You must think you know everything?

You know nothing about how online social forum works. Take your warped mentality back to the cave you crawled out from.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by jamesversion: 10:19am On Oct 09, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

It is not reliable,those bastards have a way of deactivating it. My wife's car was almost stolen because she assumed nobody could touch her car with the alarm system. She was wrong ! It was one eagle eyed old woman who instead, raised an alarm when she observed some strange movements around my wife's car.

I will advise you to install a car tracker and use a solid steering lock. The fear of Ladipo boys is the begining of wisdom !

Lexus IS 250 has an automatic steering lock. It's my RX300 that I'm concerned about.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by dododawa1: 10:23am On Oct 09, 2023
1) blood of Jesus,if believed.
2) just wear it LORD CHOSEN yellow reflective
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Slynation(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:
The level of car theft in my area in alarming.
In that case, always remove your battery and keep in your house every night, it's quite stressful but it will save your ride from theft...!! That's how we running it over here, this days stolen cars are hardly recovered because they are been sold parts by parts!!
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Carmanbiz: 10:32am On Oct 09, 2023
Basicend:

Bro, if you park your Toyota Corrolla or Camry muscle for some corners for Ikeja and Mushin overnight or some time in the day. . With steering lock, tracker, and even wheel lock. . all put together.

I can assure you that you won't see your car by time you get there in the morning. .

Are you kidding me? Even after all that?
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by mcprince32(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2023
5. Divine protection
On motion, Steering Lock becomes invalid.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by LaSenior: 10:48am On Oct 09, 2023
Atarakpa:
is a lie sir. Premium insurance work 100% in Nigeria. Last month I broke my rear light and all the expenses I get 100 per back from my insurance
how much do you pay for premium insurance and how do I go about it
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by dyrocha: 10:54am On Oct 09, 2023
Insurance has become expensive but jolly well worths it if you understand its true concept. It doesn’t just work the way we think in this part of the world where you are given choices of third party because you don’t want to run fowl of the law against motor users. In the actual sense, insurance is meant to be comprehensive (excess buy back inclusive) but because insurance companies are trying to retain their market, they come up with the third party insurance cover for people who can’t afford the actual comprehensive cover. Now why won’t the bus driver Rafiu or Uche who struggled to pay 700k for golf 3 Naija used vehicle say insurance is a scam when he paid 5k for third party and can’t claim payoffs in the eventuality of a accident involving his vehicle because his own vehicle is not insured at the slightest. But I doubt Celestine, Mr. James, Ms Ronke and Bro Ahmed would not mind paying that hefty 15% of the total cost of their vehicle(56million) for a full comprehensive cover because they understand that either theft of the car, total right off, partial accident, flooding, fire, either by mistake or act of God or carelessness, would result in the cost (total cost + associated costs) of replacing the affected part of insured vehicle and the other vehicle and or (persons hospital bill , towing cost, agberos money, etc) affected by the insured vehicle is reimbursed in full. Oh they would also replace the vehicle in the event that the insured is a total loss. That one you won’t get the total amount except for taxes. But you’re sure of 90% after tax.

I am a living witness.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by nairamaniac: 11:10am On Oct 09, 2023
Samantha124:
Mine has both a car tracker and car insurance.

I have 2 trackers on mine. It's the best combo

1 tracker is the decoy.

I just hope some armed robbers on this forum dont see this post. So this secret method won't be casted. angry

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by ecosystm(m): 11:12am On Oct 09, 2023
Atarakpa:
is a lie sir. Premium insurance work 100% in Nigeria. Last month I broke my rear light and all the expenses I get 100 per back from my insurance

Can you share me details of the premium insurance..am about to renew my papers?
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Oluseglon(m): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2023
zedegit:

It didn't work for him and it worked for you. I can smell your arrogance. You must think you know everything?

You know nothing about how online social forum works. Take your warped mentality back to the cave you crawled out from.

You’re just another knob head looking for attention. This will be my last response to you. What didn’t work for him? My stance remain and even to you too. Stay off topic you know nothing about and learn from others. It’s not about arrogance, it’s just application of wisdom.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Eminado1: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2023
All three of them serve different purposes and should be used together.

The steering lock makes the car more difficult to move after thieves gain access to your car.

Should the steering lock fail, the tracker helps you locate the car.

Should the tracker fail or they successful remove items from your car, the Insurance helps you cover the cost of repair or replacement.

Request comprehensive insurance from a reputable broker or insurance agent.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by charlsecy(m): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:
This is particularly against car theft, unconcerned about others like fire, flood, accident etc.

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock.
They are not mutually exclusive...
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by abuhusna1: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2023
Car track is the best. Their is a tracker that has code you can press on your phone when your car is snatched and it with switch off the ignition on motion. You just go there collect your car and press the code again to get the car started
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by sulakishop(m): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Combine Pedal/steering lock with tracker
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by okoroemeka(m): 11:33am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:

1. Car insurance

2. Car tracker

3. Steering lock

4. Suggest the one you know better than these.

Please I really need your responses on this.

Thank you.
the best car security is local made pedal lock,the lock is positioned in a confined area that makes the use of hacksaws or bolt cutters redundant,car insurance is dead In Nigeria,car trackers can be jammed, steering lock can be sawed through on a rainy night but a strong pedal lock can pose a challenge to a determined thief

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen / Mercedes Spies On Drivers By Installing "Big Brother" Tracking Devices In Cars / Trailer Causes Ghastly Accident In Abuja Thursday Morning [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.