Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife (29704 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by chaloskyx: 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2023
NO WE MIGRATED FROM LAGOS SINCE ALL OF US ARE NOW MAD
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by phemray(m): 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
BitterTruth01:
Can a man be older than his ancestors ? The way Yoruba people try to rewrite history is astonishing

These are a people that did not have any history before an exiled Bini prince known as Izoduwa , came over to Ile-ife to rule the savage homo erectus he found there . They called him Oduduwa and that’s how yoruba history started less than 1000 years ago

Now Ooni is trying to raise hands at an ethnic group that has existed before the Roman Empire . That’s right. Igbo has been around since over 3000 BC. We’re currently in 2023 AD. So thats about 5000 years till date.

Igbo civilization is older than the Nok civilization
A man can never be older than his ancestors.

But why igbos no occupied total land more than 1/2 of Borno state Since 3000BC?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Israel07: 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2023
wowcatty:
Useless Ooni, you call yourself an Oba but talk like a slave each time you open your mouth. What a new level of stupidity! You look stupid and sound stupid too. You are probably drunk again, since they say you swim in liquor. Oloshi oba ajarabuka, awon alale and orisa ma a se e bi ata se nsoju for helping igbos weaken and drag Yoruba during this time when Yoruba should be all armed defending their land against igbos. So what's next? Steal thousands of hectares of land from Yoruba and sell to igbos?

Like say ur papa get choice.. How much be ur papa family land, that's if it's in Lagos. I doubt you ever left the enclaves of ur brown roof in
kwara where ur father can't practice his religion without fear of Fulani's but u come here to type shit displaying foolish recklessly in the name of trying to be a bigot. You should worry abt the uncircumcised Fulani's that bleeps ur mothers in broad daylight in the presence of ur cowardly fathers and stop obsessing over Igbos that have never claimed an inch of ur land. The only place Igbos buy properties is Lagos and ur people make us pay exorbitantly for it but Fulani's just take it without fear of reprise cos they they know u wouldn't dare. The drunk ooni is certainly out of his mind to think we have anything like that in common. The Yorubas don't even pre date the bini's. He's obviously high on green hydraulic fermented ewedu.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by BarrElChapo(m): 11:15pm On Oct 08, 2023
DrGoodman:
Oga, stop smoking naira marley hemp, try Seun kuti own, he's still buying from his father's supplier.

Didn't know that ile-ife strains are quite potent 😂

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by MrPresident1: 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2023
The Igbos are the tribe of Benjamin

Apostle Paul is an Igbo man
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by OutOfTheAshes(m): 11:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
tojahh:
Who be this bastar oni again
Brother I'm an Ibo man but please let's stop insulting the Ooni. He represents a spiritual authority.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by nedekid: 11:22pm On Oct 08, 2023
DrGoodman:
Oga, stop smoking naira marley hemp, try Seun kuti own, he's still buying from his father's supplier.

Yoruba started from Igboland, some Igbos who had crossed the Niger migrated to Ile Ife started the yoruba race.
Lolz
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2023
wowcatty:
Oloriburuku aye ati orun gba ni Ooni yi sha!

Your people are already too docile and you are now saying things that will make them roll over and play dead to igbos atrocities in Yorubaland.

Who did Yoruba offend gan gan that God couldn't prevent people like this Ooni from growing into adult so he does not hold millions of Yoruba hostage.
can you name the bolded? Or you mean voting a candidate of their choice?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by OutOfTheAshes(m): 11:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
We can pass our message without insults. The same goes to the Yorubas. My best friend is from Ogun state. I respect their culture. The Ooni of Ife is a custodian of authority. Please 🙏 as an Ibo man I'm begging my brothers to stop insulting him or any other custodians of cultural and religious authority across Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2023
Wisereborn:

Is Lalasticlala still on Nairaland I don't think so!!!

I don't even think Seun is still in-charge. We know how Nairaland use to be when they were in charge now
you may be right. The mod called mynd 44 has taken over and ruined the site

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 08, 2023
OutOfTheAshes:
We can pass our message without insults. The same goes to the Yorubas. My best friend is from Ogun state. I respect their culture. The Ooni of Ife is a custodian of authority. Please 🙏 as an Ibo man I'm begging my brothers to stop insulting him or any other custodians of cultural and religious authority across Nigeria.
lol, you are indeed an 'Ibo' man. The rest of us are Igbo. Also surprising you didn't see any yorubas who insulted igbos. You only see igbos who insulted yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Kekydiv(m): 11:30pm On Oct 08, 2023
Igbo people.. over to you! Lol
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by tyinfinity: 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2023
Those people that claim they were once Jews .they have no real source
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by NewDea4: 11:42pm On Oct 08, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by atinga1: 11:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
wowcatty:
Useless Ooni, you call yourself an Oba but talk like a slave each time you open your mouth. What a new level of stupidity! You look stupid and sound stupid too. You are probably drunk again, since they say you swim in liquor. Oloshi oba ajarabuka, awon alale and orisa ma a se e bi ata se nsoju for helping igbos weaken and drag Yoruba during this time when Yoruba should be all armed defending their land against igbos. So what's next? Steal thousands of hectares of land from Yoruba and sell to igbos?
See pain😂 the inferiority complex in your comment reeks to high heavens. You see Igbos as people you have to defend yourselves against, even when they don't give a hoot about you. If Igbos are such a threat to you, why not rally and protest for them to leave your land permanently? But that will never happen. If you chase them away, Nigeria ceases to happen and we all know who benefits more from Nigeria.

There's nothing you can do about it except steam and boil like water.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by OutOfTheAshes(m): 11:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
Razgas:
lol, you are indeed an 'Ibo' man. The rest of us are Igbo. Also surprising you didn't see any yorubas who insulted igbos. You only see igbos who insulted yorubas
I'm an Igbo man nwokem. I'm not supporting anyone insulting anybody. I just want us to pass our message without insulting. Go through my comments. I have been supporting the course of Biafra.
This bashing will not take us anywhere.
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by atinga1: 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2023
phemray:

But why igbos no occupied total land more than 1/2 of Borno state Since 3000BC?
People who rarely stay in their homeland will never have lands. Fulanis, Israelis are good examples.
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2023
OutOfTheAshes:

I'm an Igbo man nwokem. I'm not supporting anyone insulting anybody. I just want us to pass our message without insulting. Go through my comments. I have been supporting the course of Biafra.
This bashing will not take us anywhere.
My point is, when next you write your tribe's name, write it properly. You don't see English people calling themselves L'Angleterre. It is Igbo not Ibo
The bashing went both ways on this thread, so call out both parties

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by OutOfTheAshes(m): 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
Razgas:
My point is, when next you write your tribe's name, write it properly. You don't see English people calling themselves L'Angleterre. It is Igbo not Ibo
Thanks for correcting me. It was a typo error.
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by OutOfTheAshes(m): 12:01am On Oct 09, 2023
If anyone insults you here, bash the person back not their fathers or kings. However if they insult your parents or kings, return the same insults to their leaders. It should be proportional, not asymmetrical.
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by thatigboman: 12:01am On Oct 09, 2023
This polygamist don drink ogogoro. Yoruba tout turned common chief. The useless man that have married about 10 wives and 9 deserted him.
No be only igbos originated from ife, he will soon say that igbos originated from modakeke. Modakeke that decimated ife and wanted to obliterate them till govt intervened
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by tiger28: 12:38am On Oct 09, 2023
Dont mind them!

Yoruba ethnicity is the most Authentic Ethnicity in ALL the major tribes in Nigeria.......Fact!!!

We northerners , our culture has a lot of Arabic influence.....in our dressings ,greetings etc. Because of Islam.

In SS, look at the names, and mode of dressings, it is heavily influenced by the Catholic Europeans. See how they put cufflings, Bowler Hats and neck ties on their attires.

In SE, look at their first names , mostly English. Look at their Head warmers, it is meant for Winter/Cold Season which has no relation to the South Eastern Climate at all.....this is very european!

In SW, look at their Aso oke, Aso Ebi, their Abetiaja cap[I hope I am correct with the spelling,I am not Yoruba lol]. EVEN in faraway Brazil and Cuba, they STILL wear Yoruba attires for occasions.

I have soooo much respect for Yoruba Culture and its unique Authenticity.......It is not adulterated or watered down like the others.

On the issue of Respect , watch the ONLY Tribe that feels like OBJ was right............We ALL know dem!
They have no RESPECT in their Culture!!!
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by MuMuOnBail: 12:38am On Oct 09, 2023
Na wa ooo

This our King just wake up, baff, brush teeth, eat come ware cloth begin look for Igbo people trouble.

Make e better wear helmet for head because Igbo's go begin throw stones of insult on top him head ooo.

I talk am, Abeg make una see my Igbo brethren comments for Nairaland only first
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Makinaki: 1:04am On Oct 09, 2023
Instead make Ooni just talk wetin dey do am. Baba need another wife ni jare - one of Igbo extraction.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by AllenSpencer: 1:11am On Oct 09, 2023
NwaliE01:

Are you seriously 😳 serious?

Yes!

That’s just the truth!
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by cocolacec(m): 1:18am On Oct 09, 2023
wowcatty:
Oloriburuku aye ati orun gba ni Ooni yi sha!

Your people are already too docile and you are now saying things that will make them roll over and play dead to igbos atrocities in Yorubaland.

Who did Yoruba offend gan gan that God couldn't prevent people like this Ooni from growing into adult so he does not hold millions of Yoruba hostage.
Igbos give ooni money and pay other Yoruba kings to be friendly to the Igbo cause.Source Adeyinka Grandson

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM / Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead / Nigerian Names You Love So Much.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.