Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife (29640 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Okechinwadike: 1:19am On Oct 09, 2023
thunder help me fire you IDIOT
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by tojahh(m): 1:34am On Oct 09, 2023
OutOfTheAshes:

Brother I'm an Ibo man but please let's stop insulting the Ooni. He represents a spiritual authority.

I am not your brother.

If Ooni represent Spiritual Authority him for no dey Cap dust. How old is he again to know what he's capping? Oh you think all those royals matter?

Go and ask Barr. Ezenwo Wike

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by bigcasava1(m): 1:38am On Oct 09, 2023
On kolos! Continue!
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by tishbite42: 1:56am On Oct 09, 2023
This Ooni deserve slap walahi
The Igbos are the oldest indigenous inhabitants of the area now known as Nigeria
Even the worst enemies of the Igbos admit that
All these ele and skushes Obas

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by pak: 1:57am On Oct 09, 2023
He might be confusing Igbo with Ugbos, a sub group of the Ilajes, who were said to have migrated from Ile Ife

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by pak: 2:02am On Oct 09, 2023
Abagworo:

Ugbo is Igbo. They inhabited everywhere in lower Niger with the Oru who are now Ijaw before other people arrived. As at then there was no definition of ethnic groups as we have them today. The world as at then resonated around Oru and Ugbo who were same people but difference was just water and land habitation. The Ugbos when displaced migrated down to join their Oru brothers in Riverine areas which weren't of interest to various invading groups.

The Ugbos are a sub group of the Ilaje ethnic group along with Mahin, Aheri and others

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Armaggedon: 2:16am On Oct 09, 2023
Franzinni:
what evidence do you have that Igbos predates all ethnic groups ... And I mean concrete verifiable evidence, not some fairy tale told by your ancestors. Please educate me.
There are archaeological evidences.
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by strangest(m): 2:26am On Oct 09, 2023
So there's a chance that they are the true owners of Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Lumarstone: 2:38am On Oct 09, 2023
The bitter truth is that Tinubu attended and graduated at CSU, to escape arrest after final exam based on his illegal drug related business which he forfeited $461 thousand US dollars, he came down here in Yaba and printed a prototype of his would be certificate. He equally short himself at his two legs when he sworn an affidavit that he lost all original of his certificates during the military inversion of his residence in 1994, thank God for CSU Registera who's clarification made us to understand that his original certificate is still in his file uncollected. Again the secondary school he sat for his GCE A level in 1970 at Lagos was established in the year 1974. He equally has multiple names like BOLA, AHMED, ADEKUNLE, TINUBU. at the same time in various certificates, he was admitted to the CSU as a female student. He has multiple date of birth. The one he used to gain admission at CSU is different from the one in the INEC record. Tinubu is a legendary extra ordinary certificate forger and greatest politician of all time in Nigeria political history!!! I respect him in a bigger way. CASE CLOSED!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by MightySparrow: 3:02am On Oct 09, 2023
pak:
He might be confusing Igbo with Ugbos, a sub group of the Ilajes, who were said to have migrated from Ile Ife

He didn't confuse ugbo kingdom with igbo. The newspapers and bloggers do. There is this tussle between the Olugbo if Igbo kingdom, Oba Akinruntan (owner of OBAT OIL) and Ile - Ife. The history has a link with Morèmi and Olu Orogbo. The Igbo kingdom is in Ondo state. All ignorant people here throwing insults at the revered monarch are both ignorant and stupid.
The Olugbo of Igbo kingdom came out with his own story as well as Oba of Benin, about Ifẹ and yorubas. When bloggers and media people that lack the proper training of journalism do shoddy jobs they misinform people.
In the case of Tinubu, I have personally, not rely on local bloggers and media houses. The only one mentioned by Professor Farooq Kperogi a professor living in the US is more reliable than all these inept, junk journalism .
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Armaggedon: 3:02am On Oct 09, 2023
koolaid87:

Yoruba gave them the name bini which comes from the word "ibinu" (angry people)
Yoruba gave them but somehow forgot to name themselves until Hausas named them 'yoruba' in the 1830s abi?
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by MightySparrow: 3:15am On Oct 09, 2023
Armaggedon:
Yoruba gave them but somehow forgot to name themselves until Hausas named them 'yoruba' in the 1830s abi?

It is better you do proper research yourself. Your submission is based on hearsay and bloggers.
Get scholarly books online. The ones by real scholars not bloggers.
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Dcaliphate(m): 3:19am On Oct 09, 2023
Too much kpoli is bad
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by AllenSpencer: 3:42am On Oct 09, 2023
naijamerican:

YA PAPA

Attack the facts and not my person.
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by wowcatty: 3:44am On Oct 09, 2023
Really!
cocolacec:

Igbos give ooni money and pay other Yoruba kings to be friendly to the Igbo cause.Source Adeyinka Grandson
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by wowcatty: 3:52am On Oct 09, 2023
Do you feel inferior to roach infestations? Don't you fumigate them? That is exactly what you represent in Yoruba life. You are in my space and it's only stupid people you can evade their space without a pushback.

You care and give more than a hoot, your entire existence revolves around Yoruba, you are just pathological liars.
atinga1:

See pain😂 the inferiority complex in your comment reeks to high heavens. You see Igbos as people you have to defend yourselves against, even when they don't give a hoot about you. If Igbos are such a threat to you, why not rally and protest for them to leave your land permanently? But that will never happen. If you chase them away, Nigeria ceases to happen and we all know who benefits more from Nigeria.

There's nothing you can do about it except steam and boil like water.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by wowcatty: 4:02am On Oct 09, 2023
1. All the killings of Yoruba like Dagrin through a mechanic and Mohbad through Cubana Chief Priest.
2. Armed robbery
3. Ritual killings that your brothers in police then arrest Yoruba for.
4. Narcotics killings
5. Fake pharmaceuticals
6. Kidnapping.
7. Raping kids to death
8. Food(like spraying insecticide in beans)
9. Adulterated foods and drinks including Elubo.
10. Dropping containers on cars and passengers to crush them.
11. Yoruba men who have been poisoned or killed by their igbo wives.
12. Innocent Yoruba that have been stabbed or killed with objects.
13. Igbo police shootings of Yoruba.
14. Igbo men who have killed their Yoruba wives and girlfriends.

And many more that I can't remember right now.

Between all these crimes, igbos have easily killed at least 2 million Yoruba.

People will see how crimes will be nonexistent when Yoruba police control Yorubaland and your go back home.
Razgas:
can you name the bolded? Or you mean voting a candidate of their choice?
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by wowcatty: 4:29am On Oct 09, 2023
Igbos first migrated from Papua New Guinea to Equitorial Guinea and then Nigeria.

Igbos arrived in Nigeria in 1800's, so stop that. Where you call southeast today was inhabited by the people who call themselves Delta Ibos and the Uhrobos, they were the original Ibos you pushed out to occupy the land. You used their name 'Ibo' and then changed to 'Igbo' to fit into a Yoruba folklore 'Ara Igbo'. This is why you don't have authentic African attires, you went from 8 pocket shirt over a wrapper, white man winter socks as hat to now Yoruba Buba and sokoto with Morrocan cap( yall have now made the middle bigger in the last year, but still not original to you.
tishbite42:
This Ooni deserve slap walahi
The Igbos are the oldest indigenous inhabitants of the area now known as Nigeria
Even the worst enemies of the Igbos admit that
All these ele and skushes Obas
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by lawani: 4:34am On Oct 09, 2023
I believe he meant Ugbo in Ondo state. However all cultures have their own account of The origin of human existence. Igbos have, Binis have and etc. Yoruba account say Ife is the origin of human civilization just like Bible account says it is the garden of Eden. Only difference is garden of Eden has no descendant but Ife has been moving from location to location up to where it is presently. There are sites all over west Africa and one known one in the Central African republic. I don't think there is a more valid account of the origin of human civilization anywhere. Wadai in CAR was Ife Woidaye. It was Ife when no Ife existed in Nigeria and of ourse the language would be similar to modern Yoruba back then but not the same language of course since it is too far back. Fe on its own means expand and it is talking about habitable land expanding on Earth as ice receded. The whole of North Africa or large swathes of it must have been under ice at one point. So there is no account of human origin more accurate than the Yoruba account. However all people should have theirs
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by sangresan(m): 4:36am On Oct 09, 2023
Truths9ja:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/igbo-migrated-from-ife-ooni/amp/

This man should stop embarrassing all Yorubas with his childish stories. Can you imagine that the erudite Prof Siyan Oyeweso was also there?
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 09, 2023
wowcatty:
1. All the killings of Yoruba like Dagrin through a mechanic and Mohbad through Cubana Chief Priest.
2. Armed robbery
3. Ritual killings that your brothers in police then arrest Yoruba for.
4. Narcotics killings
5. Fake pharmaceuticals
6. Kidnapping.
7. Raping kids to death
8. Food(like spraying insecticide in beans)
9. Adulterated foods and drinks including Elubo.
10. Dropping containers on cars and passengers to crush them.
11. Yoruba men who have been poisoned or killed by their igbo wives.
12. Innocent Yoruba that have been stabbed or killed with objects.
13. Igbo police shootings of Yoruba.
14. Igbo men who have killed their Yoruba wives and girlfriends.

And many more that I can't remember right now.

Between all these crimes, igbos have easily killed at least 2 million Yoruba.

People will see how crimes will be nonexistent when Yoruba police control Yorubaland and your go back home.
This is so sad. I say two prayers for you.
1. That you recover from this hate that is poisoning your soul.
2. That you perish from it if you can't recover from it.
J

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by wowcatty: 4:42am On Oct 09, 2023
But why would a whole Ooni not know that 'u' and 'i' are the same thing in Yoruba language?

Ijebu elders say 'Ule' but the young people say 'ile'
My grandmother never said 'ile' she always said 'ule' and I can't say 'ule' I always say 'ile'

Even K1's house in Ijebu is "Ule Ojusagbola'

pak:

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Omobude244: 4:51am On Oct 09, 2023
Truths9ja:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/igbo-migrated-from-ife-ooni/amp/
This unity beggers again 🤣🤣
That was how dey were claiming that my Benin also migrated from them😁. We rejected them
Nobody will want to associate with cowards and betrayals
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Omobude244: 4:57am On Oct 09, 2023
lawani:
I believe he meant Ugbo in Ondo state. However all cultures have their own account of The origin of human existence. Igbos have, Binis have and etc. Yoruba account say Ife is the origin of human civilization just like Bible account says it is the garden of Eden. Only difference is garden of Eden has no descendant but Ife has been moving from location to location up to where it is presently. There are sites all over west Africa and one known one in the Central African republic. I don't think there is a more valid account of the origin of human civilization anywhere. Wadai in CAR was Ife Woidaye. It was Ife when no Ife existed in Nigeria and of ourse the language would be similar to modern Yoruba back then but not the same language of course since it is too far back. Fe on its own means expand and it is talking about habitable land expanding on Earth as ice receded. The whole of North Africa or large swathes of it must have been under ice at one point. So there is no account of human origin more accurate than the Yoruba account. However all people should have theirs
It is not Binis but Benin
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by frankson1(m): 5:00am On Oct 09, 2023
BitterTruth01:
Can a man be older than his ancestors ? The way Yoruba people try to rewrite history is astonishing

These are a people that did not have any history before an exiled Bini prince known as Izoduwa , came over to Ile-ife to rule the savage homo erectus he found there . They called him Oduduwa and that’s how yoruba history started less than 1000 years ago

Now Ooni is trying to raise hands at an ethnic group that has existed before the Roman Empire . That’s right. Igbo has been around since over 3000 BC. We’re currently in 2023 AD. So thats about 5000 years till date.

Igbo civilization is older than the Nok civilization
A man can never be older than his ancestors.

The same way some one wrote what you referenced and believe in, is the same way the Yoruba scholars want to write theirs.
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by BitterTruth01: 5:02am On Oct 09, 2023
Goodlady:

Pardon the Ooni of Ife. I m a Yoruba woman who doesn't blv Igbos came out of Ife. About Ekaladerhan or whatever exiled Benin prince, I don't think he's Oduduwa. But if he is, no qualms. However, Yoruba culture has more influence on Edo or Benin culture.

Thanks for your mature response ma’am
I wasn’t trying to offend . If you were offended , I apologize
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by 752hub: 5:04am On Oct 09, 2023
And what difference does it make

The day we all unite and forget tribal roots, the better for us.
Tribal and ethnic sentiments/history only divides us the more
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by tonididdy(m): 5:05am On Oct 09, 2023
So una are brothers after all grin

...not surprised!
Flat heads:skull miners...there gat be relationship
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by wowcatty: 5:11am On Oct 09, 2023
It's your burrow-burrow lineage that has no name that needs to be named. We have names already from general Yoruba which came from 'Oyo Oba' to the sub names like Ijebu, Remo Ekiti Ondo, Oyo and others.
Armaggedon:
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by MeaslesMumpsRub: 5:23am On Oct 09, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Ile Ife in Igbo means TONGUE OF LIGHT

In yoruba means HOUSE OF LOVE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protest In Warri Against Ayiri Emami Over 2nd Highest Title In Warri / Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM / Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.