Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife (29590 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Chibuzoripob: 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2023
cool
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Winneepye: 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2023
His wives have started sucking his brain .

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Agbadocassava: 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2023
We all know they migrated from ile ife
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by 1Dray(m): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2023
Igbos are not descendants of the fallen angels cum demons.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Franzinni: 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2023
Armaggedon:
Ooni is just a boy punching above his weight. No evidence Yorubas predate Bini people not to talk of Igbos who predate every single ethnic group in Nigeria with evidence.
what evidence do you have that Igbos predates all ethnic groups ... And I mean concrete verifiable evidence, not some fairy tale told by your ancestors. Please educate me.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by NBM7(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
dprpikin:

Or "LOOKING AT SOMETHING"
or " look and pass"
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Ttipsy(f): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
MXrep:

Ife can also mean, to worship. Depending on the tone, the meaning is numerous
Ile mean to watch/look,

Ife mean light, to worship
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by thinkmoney(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
Truths9ja:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/igbo-migrated-from-ife-ooni/amp/
I do not believe what the Ooni of Ife said that Igbos migrated from Ife as I haven’t seen evidence pointing to this. What is obvious is that this two ancient civilizations have long been having contacts with each other even before present day Nigeria. Yorubas have Ifa while Igbos have Afa. Do you perceive the similarity?
The four things that made preservation of sub sahara Africa history difficult are that:
-we didn’t have a developed writing system
-The materials we used for buildings, writings and making of representations, and making things do not last.
-We incidentally have the harsh Sahara desert, vast pacific and Atlantic Oceans, and deep forests caging us in from the rest of the world. And
-Europe invaded us and used about 3hundred years to destroy the history we had.

It baffles me to discover recently that many people do not know that human settlements and land ownership are fluid. A lot think every tribe have always been at their present location.

You are an Ewu (goat) if you are an igbo hating on Yorubas and you are alailopolo (dullard) if you are a Yoruba hating on Igbos. The two tribes have known each other for 100s of years.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by PENNYSWAP: 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
It was the captured igbos that was getting ready to be shipped off via slave trade that named that place Ille-igbo Ille in igbo means selling and when you add the two words together you get ille-igbo which is SELLING of IGBO
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by GeneralPula: 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
Armaggedon:
Ooni is just a boy punching above his weight. No evidence Yorubas predate Bini people not to talk of Igbos who predate every single ethnic group in Nigeria with evidence.
Evidence dey, no worry..
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Ttipsy(f): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2023
Winneepye:
His wives have started sucking his brain .
lol
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by admeenat: 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2023
Oh! My God.
See Bleep up
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2023
Offpointng:
I've always known this a long time ago. it's just the way they behave like bastards that makes me wanna ask questions sad
Fool!!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by YouAreNobody: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2023
BOSSkesh:
I don’t believe this
Igbos are hateful yorubas are not
Same Yorubas who prevented anybody (including Yorubas who look like Igbos) from voting?

You're out of your mind. This election exposed your true barbaric nature which y'all hide behind your so-called "sophistication"

17 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by OblorOblor: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ooni don smoke shit. Igbos don't have anything to do with a tribe that Angel Philip fling commot from heaven.

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by 43Ronin: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2023
illicit:

Yoruba and Igbo Languages are family

I am a Linguist

yoruba is not even as old of beni talk more igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by PENNYSWAP: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2023
wowcatty:
Oloriburuku aye ati orun gba ni Ooni yi sha!

Your people are already too docile and you are now saying things that will make them roll over and play dead to igbos atrocities in Yorubaland.

Who did Yoruba offend gan gan that God couldn't prevent people like this Ooni from growing into adult so he does not hold millions of Yoruba hostage.

The only atrocity is buying your ancestral lands

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Jasy(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2023
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Morbeta11(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2023
DrGoodman:
Oga, stop smoking naira marley hemp, try Seun kuti own, he's still buying from his father's supplier.

What do you expect ......when he has kpekus of different sizes and colours.... grin

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by YouAreNobody: 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2023
Kay25:
We don't want to associate with them.. envious set of people
Neither do we want to associate with you two-tongued snakes.
Tell your Ooni to snap out of his drug-induced hallucinations and leave Igbos out of his craphole.

If he makes too much noise again, Yoruba agberos will come and steal his staff and post for sale on Jiji again

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Abagworo(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2023
When Yorubas arrived Ife they met Igbos there. It doesn't mean Igbos originated from there rather they lived together with some Igbo groups just like what happened in Benin. The Igbos were the original forest people that had no Kings.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by Justiceleague1: 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
wowcatty:
Oloriburuku aye ati orun gba ni Ooni yi sha!

Your people are already too docile and you are now saying things that will make them roll over and play dead to igbos atrocities in Yorubaland.

Who did Yoruba offend gan gan that God couldn't prevent people like this Ooni from growing into adult so he does not hold millions of Yoruba hostage.
See how you insult a whole Ooni of Ife!!!!

I pity you!

Just pray his subjects ain't here
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by thesolutions(m): 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
dprpikin:

Or "LOOKING AT SOMETHING"
Or "TO SELL SOMETHING"
Or CLEAR/SURE/WORKING LIGHT
Or tongue of light
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by kareemkamil(m): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
U sure say Ooni never start to dey smoke India helm
Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by paskal16: 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
What an insult to the Igbo race

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by FireUpNow(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2023
Big lie! I disagree with the ooni himself. It can't be. Hope Ooni and babablublu are not taking that white powder together sha

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife by gudugudumeje: 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
Untrue.

Mistaking Ugbomokuns in Ile-Ifę with Igbos in the Eastern Nigeria is the problem this Ooni Adeyęye has; just by virtue of his young age and poor exposure to issues of the eons. Igbos of and in the Eastern Nigeria are not the same as Ugbomokuns, the first inhabitants of Ile-Ifę. Nb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? / 2019: Omoyele Sowore Visits Alaafin Of Oyo Over His Presidential Ambition / Protest In Warri Against Ayiri Emami Over 2nd Highest Title In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.