Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions (35203 Views)

Israel PM, Benjamin Netanyahu Visits Troops In Gaza Strip Amid War With Hamas / Ceasefire In Gaza Strip Will Last Maximum 10 Days – Reports / Israel-gaza Violence: Israeli Ground Troops Attack Gaza Strip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Dennisochampa: 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
This is what is happening

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Peterpanny: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2023
Ok
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by creativehubb: 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
Where are the rabid headless mob Hamas now?
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Omotaday(m): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
@ Odewaleadesoye someone would expect someone like you to recognize an article that’s setting an agenda or disinformation.

You shared an article by BBC saying “Hamas want to replace Israel with an Islamic state”. Is that the truth of the matter ?

While Hamas modus operandi is very questionable especially going by the recent event, they have something they are fighting for and it’s not to install islamic state.

What BBC described that you helped them to share are boko haram & ISIS not Hamas.

Many people know little about this issue and if you choose to educate them, you should chose a more objective article.

Knowingly or unknowingly, you are participating in a disinformation campaign against the people of Palestine, people with no voice or support.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Johncuppa(m): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:
Palestinians are resisting the people that is using the name of God to steal land. So funny how you will say God gave you my land.

I still don't understand how the God people will need to steal land before surviving.

The so called Well trained soldiers cannot defeat Hamas for 40 years now.

Hamas has knew how to bypass Iron dome. Watch out more damages on the thieves.

Palestine want their country to be free but israel want to keep them under till eternity.

For the humanity sake..... we all stand with Palestine.
KJV:That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

The covenant is irrevocable.

1 Like

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by CoolUsername: 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:
Palestinians are resisting the people that is using the name of God to steal land. So funny how you will say God gave you my land.

I still don't understand how the God people will need to steal land before surviving.

Palestine want their country to be free but israel want to keep them under till eternity.

Israel stole Palestine's land. This is true.

That said, Hamas is still a terrorist organisation that targets civilians and even uses its own civilians as meat shields. Egypt doesn't allow Palestinians in as refugees because of their extremist jihadist views.

It is disgusting to defend murderous rapists and terrorists. Likewise, it is absolutely pathetic to watch black people in Nigeria calling Jews "God's chosen people".

There is no good side in this matter and the jihadists and Zionists both deserve whatever they get.

Realistically speaking though, Israel will destroy in Palestine in full-scale combat and now Hamas they gave them the justification they need.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Marketgists(f): 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2023
End time war
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by tollyboy5(m): 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2023
God ask me to take your land. Which kin talk bedat 4 21st century. Israel think sey we dey ages of bible story lol .
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by specialmati(m): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool instead of to travel and help them defeat isreal you just they here they type rubbish

1 Like

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Jamieb(m): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
Botragelad:

Fancy explaining how Israel stole Palestine land or you want to keep spouting nonsense here. Israel have always whacked Hamas but you lot are always fast to sob on the media space about Israel abuse. This is the start. There's more in store!
Take up History lesson and stop being emotional. The land was never called Palestine not until about 7th Century when the Romans took over. All through the period before the Romans , Jews were living there and even during the Roman sacking of the city of Jerusalem were still there.

The rise of and domination of the entire land was nothing other than the result of the rise of the Ottoman empire that lasted over a thousand years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Btruth: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
It is well......
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by jahsharon: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
E o concern me
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Botragelad: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
Jamieb:

Take up History lesson and stop being emotional. The land was never called Palestine not until about 7th Century when the Romans took over. All through the period before the Romans , Jews were living there and even during the Roman sacking of the city of Jerusalem were still there.

The rise of and domination of the entire land was nothing other than the result of the rise of the Ottoman empire that lasted over a thousand years.
Ok
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Dbestbrest: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
The myopic nature of hamas that made them thoughtlessly invaded Israel will obliterate the entire Gaza. Gaza will be like Sodom and Gomorrah. It can never rise again. The land will be converted to Israelis' own. West Bank will think before they act foolishly against Israel
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by shadelek(m): 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

You can say this to the dead or those who have lost their loved ones
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:06pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

The so called Well trained soldiers cannot defeat Hamas for 40 years now. NETANYAHU ONCE SAID THAT THEY DONT NEED TO BE FIGHTING THESE SENSELESS WARS WITH PEOPLE THEY CAN GAS TO DEATH AND THEY WILL ALL DIE LIKE ANTS. EVERY MUSLIM SHOULD BE THANKING ISRAEL, FOR BEING LENIENT.

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by IbileIfe: 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
Israel existed as a Kingdom before the United Nations.
Saying that the UN formed the state of Israel is like saying that there was no Israel as a nation until 1948?

Population
• 2023 estimate
• 2008 census
• Density
444/km2 (1,150.0/sq mi)
GDP (PPP)
2023 estimate
• Total
$534 billion
• Per capita
$54,997
GDP (nominal)
2023 estimate
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by 11doubledee: 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
sotall:
undecided

One question i am yet to find an answer to is "Aside Israel blockade, why are Palestinians also blockaded by Egypt?"

If Palestinians weren't trouble makers and terrorists, why are they also blockaded by Egypt?
A very good question for reasonable people.
Saudi Arabia too no dey ever send ammunition and military, just money and aids to help them.
They aligned with the wrong nation IRAN.

1 Like

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by sean079: 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
Botragelad:

Fancy explaining how Israel stole Palestine land or you want to keep spouting nonsense here. Israel have always whacked Hamas but you lot are always fast to sob on the media space about Israel abuse. This is the start. There's more in store!

I beleive ure a xtian but one thing u fail to realize is dat u have high percentage of xtian on the Palestiinan side dan Israel. Dont let the name Israel deceive u cos it is not even an orthodox jewish state but a militarily secular jewish zionist state dat is setup to occupy, colonize, oppress the indeginous ppl of Palestiinan.
I say it again dont let dat name ISRAEL deceive u.

MORE XTIAN ARE BEING KILLED, OPPRESSED AND HARRASED BY THE ZIONIST STATE IN PALESTIINAN AND AS A XTIAN U SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT IT
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by OkukoIgbo: 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

We can't stand with the demon god allah
Prophet mohammed is a worthless and a useless menstruating pig, allah is a smelly rabid mad dog and Islam is a form of mental illness.
IT Is same thing osma bin laden did, Isis, bokoharam, etc
Death to all Islamic terrorists.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by musty2245: 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
.:
Between 30th March 2018 and 27th of December 2019, the Palestinians of Gaza peacefully marched near the walls of the enclave demanding the lifting of the blockade on Gaza and the Palestinian rights of return. They protested every Friday in the hope that the international community would hear them, Israel shot 9,204 Palestinians and ultimately 223 were killed. The hypocrites crying foul today never said anything about that, they never condemned or criticised it, in fact they were totally blind to it but they've suddenly found thier voices. These are the enablers of crimes against humanity, they don't care about justice, no matter what the Palestinians do, they will always believe the Palestinians are the problem

Most of the demonstrators demonstrated peacefully far from the border fence. Peter Cammack, a fellow with the Middle East Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, argued that the march indicated a new trend in Palestinian society and Hamas, with a shift away from violence towards non-violent forms of protest.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%932019_Gaza_border_protests

1 Like

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by finallybusy: 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
Botragelad:

Israel is the ancient home of the Jewish people, who have been there for donkey's years. The Jews have a strong historical and religious link to the land, which is also backed up by archaeological evidence .

We had the UN resolution that split Palestine into two states, one for Jews and one for Arabs. Israel agreed to the resolution, but the Arab states said no and attacked Israel. Israel fought back and got more land in the following wars. How's that Israel's fault!

Israel has had a go at making peace with its Arab neighbours and the Palestinians, but the terrorist won't pack it in. They even pulled out of some areas, like Gaza in 2005, and has agreed to talk with the Palestinian Authority on the basis of a two-state solution. [/b]Still, Israel didn't stop facing regular attacks from Palestinian militants, from Hamas to Islamic Jihad, who don't accept Israel's right to exist and want to wipe it out. They have the right to protect itself and its people from these threats.
A bot that makes no money for its coder. Is that one a bot? ROFLMAO.
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
The truth is? If you asked me two or three years ago who to support, I’d have said: “Palestine”. Without much of a second thought. Now if you ask me, I’ll tell you I simply do not know. Because I don’t. I’m just sad at all the innocent deaths. And appalled at all the barbarism, the senseless slaighter, the brutal murders, the terrorism. Just support peace, call out atrocities on both sides and never, ever ignore terrorism. Even when it’s “your side” doing it. I still have sympathy for Palestine, but it does not stop me from saying this: Hamas are terrorists on the level of ISIL and Al-Qaida and need to be eradicated.

I’m not sure if anyone can ever be truly “neutral” when regarding a conflict of this scale, this magnitude and complexity. I used to be all about easy answers but with age, I have come to realize there simply aren’t any. Also note that two things can be true at once — for instance, you could say: “Some Israeli’s like Ariel Sharon are rabid warmongers that commit war crimes and a lot of the settlers are scum” and say at the same time: “Hamas and Hezbollah are disgusting terror groups that need to be exterminated like vermin until not a shred of them remains”. Both are true.
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Intergrated: 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

you no stand with tinubu again?
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Harnny(m): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
musty2245:
.:
Between 30th March 2018 and 27th of December 2019, the Palestinians of Gaza peacefully marched near the walls of the enclave demanding the lifting of the blockade on Gaza and the Palestinian rights of return. They protested every Friday in the hope that the international community would hear them, Israel shot 9,204 Palestinians and ultimately 223 were killed. The hypocrites crying foul today never said anything about that, they never condemned or criticised it, in fact they were totally blind to it but they've suddenly found thier voices. These are the enablers of crimes against humanity, they don't care about justice, no matter what the Palestinians do, they will always believe the Palestinians are the problem

Most of the demonstrators demonstrated peacefully far from the border fence. Peter Cammack, a fellow with the Middle East Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, argued that the march indicated a new trend in Palestinian society and Hamas, with a shift away from violence towards non-violent forms of protest.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%932019_Gaza_border_protests
Watch how everyone will skip this post and further post rubbish. I dont support the waste of human lives but the way Christians support the zionist regime makes me wonder if they know whats really happening there. Hamas is wrong with the violent approach but without Hamas' violence the world would no longer remember there was ever something called Palestine based on the actions of Israel. It's like the Fulanis killing the farmers in Jos and still getting the government backing while claiming that the land used to belong to them because thier ancestors grazed the land in 1700 before they moved to Mali.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Programmer47: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
CoolUsername:

Israel stole Palestine's land. This is true.

That said, Hamas is still a terrorist organisation that targets civilians and even uses its own civilians as meat shields. Egypt doesn't allow Palestinians in as refugees because of their extremist jihadist views.

It is disgusting to defend murderous rapists and terrorists. Likewise, it is absolutely pathetic to watch black people in Nigeria calling Jews "God's chosen people".

There is no good side in this matter and the jihadists and Zionists both deserve whatever they get.

Realistically speaking though, Israel will destroy in Palestine in full-scale combat and now Hamas they gave them the justification they need.

I have a feeling that even Hamas is secretly bankrolled by Zionists.
This gives Isreal legitimacy to invade Palestine. Like you said, there is really no good or bad in this matter. My hope is that it doesn't spill into a worldwide conflict. Humans can be petty over little issues.
WWII started over the death of a single Austrian Prince.

1 Like

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by slimmax: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
Make una continue to de make noise, while for una backyard dem de kill people for Jos, Kaduna, Zamfara etc. Na
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by oakenfold: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
Half story! Hamas is a child of Isreal.

They were once propped up and funded by Israel just the way US once propped up the Taliban

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/19/hamas-israel-palestine-conflict/

2 Likes

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by geoworldedu: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
Botragelad:

Israel is the ancient home of the Jewish people, who have been there for donkey's years. The Jews have a strong historical and religious link to the land, which is also backed up by archaeological evidence .

We had the UN resolution that split Palestine into two states, one for Jews and one for Arabs. Israel agreed to the resolution, but the Arab states said no and attacked Israel. Israel fought back and got more land in the following wars. How's that Israel's fault!

Israel has had a go at making peace with its Arab neighbours and the Palestinians, but the terrorist won't pack it in. They even pulled out of some areas, like Gaza in 2005, and has agreed to talk with the Palestinian Authority on the basis of a two-state solution. [/b]Still, Israel didn't stop facing regular attacks from Palestinian militants, from Hamas to Islamic Jihad, who don't accept Israel's right to exist and want to wipe it out. They have the right to protect itself and its people from these threats.

I don't pity countries or kingdoms who laid their foundations in war and rejoiced in it in the names of their gods. If you check the holy books of these two countries involved, you will see how they used the names of their supposed gods in initiating wars with neighbouring towns. Example, Jehovah will supposedly lead a Saul, Deborah or David to go and kill the infidels so called of the neighbouring lands. Allah will lead Mohammed to kill the kafirs of nearby lands, etc. They used the names of their gods to fight wars and kill human beings like themselves. One god even got angry because a king spared the king of neighbouring land and their animals instead of total annihilation. The harm they did to each other in the name of religion is irreparable and it will last forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Programmer47: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
oakenfold:
Half story! Hamas is a child of Isreal.

They were once propped up and funded by Israel just the way US once propped up the Taliban

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/19/hamas-israel-palestine-conflict/

Just what I was saying.
Zionists are very clever people. Their notion of being "God's chosen people" pushes some of their extremists into diabolical agendas
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Middlechild03(m): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
The Palestinian militant group Hamas has launched an unprecedented attack on Israel, with its fighters entering communities near the Gaza Strip, killing hundreds of residents and taking dozens of hostages.

Here's what you need to know about the people and places involved - and the essential context to understand this story.

Yes Israel was declared a state in 1948 through the Balfour declaration , but this supposed homeland for the Jewish people scattered all around the world was located around Islamic states, especially near Palestine Infact inside Palestine .the Gaza Strip was relinquished when the Yom Kippur war or the five day war I think, was fought, which made the territory Israel’s by annexation by conquest as being done in war, even Lebanon’s golan height too was annexed, these territories were just spoils of war.it was just an expansionist move, just like Adolf hitler’s Policy of lebansraum- german (living space) English. This is interesting though, I just hope all hostility ceases, there’s too much casualties already

BBC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Current Zimbabwean President Tweet, As Mugabe Dies At 95 (pixs) / Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act / Trump Cancels Automatic Citizenship For Children Of US Citizens Born Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.