Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions (35180 Views)

Israel PM, Benjamin Netanyahu Visits Troops In Gaza Strip Amid War With Hamas / Ceasefire In Gaza Strip Will Last Maximum 10 Days – Reports / Israel-gaza Violence: Israeli Ground Troops Attack Gaza Strip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by marcopollo(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
sotall:
undecided

One question i am yet to find an answer to is "Aside Israel blockade, why are Palestinians also blockaded by Egypt?"

If Palestinians weren't trouble makers and terrorists, why are they also blockaded by Egypt?

Well, there are a few reasons why Egypt has imposed restrictions on the movement of people and goods in and out of Gaza. One of the main reasons is that Egypt is concerned about the flow of weapons and militants from Gaza into Egypt. In particular, Egypt has been worried about the rise of the Islamic State in the Sinai Peninsula, which borders Gaza. Additionally, Egypt has been concerned about Hamas' support for the Muslim Brotherhood, which is considered a terrorist organization by the Egyptian government. So, for Egypt, the blockade is seen as a way to protect its own security.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by emmylight4u: 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
I am not supporting terrorism, meanwhile information has it that Israel had classified intelligence brief of this attack and decided overlook it to enable them have sufficient reasons to attack Hamas and Gaza.

Now innocent lives of civilians and children are being lost. I hate to see humans beings being waste as its currently going on at both ends.

Lord Jesus, please take control, command your peace to reign now.

1 Like

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Programmer47: 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2023
geoworldedu:

I don't pity countries or kingdoms who laid their foundations in war and rejoiced in it in the names of their gods. If you check the holy books of these two countries involved, you will see how they used the names of their supposed gods in initiating wars with neighbouring towns. Example, Jehovah will supposedly lead a Saul, Deborah or David to go and kill the infidels so called of the neighbouring lands. Allah will lead Mohammed to kill the kafirs of nearby lands, etc. They used the names of their gods to fight wars and kill human beings like themselves. One even got angry because a king spared the king of neighbouring land and their animals instead of total annihilation. The harm they did to each other in the name of religion is irreparable and it will last forever.

The movie "Apocalypse" opened my eyes to see the atrocities Isreal caused in the name of Jehovah.
I strongly believe that the God Jesus Christ served was completely different from what the Jews believed God to be. That is why the High priest and the pharisees all hated Jesus to their bone.
The God of Christ is Love , that could forgive even when his Son was killed. This is a far cry from the vengeful figure Isreal presented in the Old Testament

1 Like

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Innobee99(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:
Palestinians are resisting the people that is using the name of God to steal land. So funny how you will say God gave you my land.

I still don't understand how the God people will need to steal land before surviving.

The so called Well trained soldiers cannot defeat Hamas for 40 years now.

Hamas has knew how to bypass Iron dome. Watch out more damages on the thieves.

Palestine want their country to be free but israel want to keep them under till eternity.

For the humanity sake..... we all stand with Palestine.
U and who stand with Paletines? Na only u and ur family. Death to all terrorists
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Obiedun(m): 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:
Palestinians are resisting the people that is using the name of God to steal land. So funny how you will say God gave you my land.

I still don't understand how the God people will need to steal land before surviving.

Palestine want their country to be free but israel want to keep them under till eternity.

Even in the Quran allah told moses to lead the israelites to palestine as their inheritance
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Toktee(m): 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
sotall:
undecided

One question i am yet to find an answer to is "Aside Israel blockade, why are Palestinians also blockaded by Egypt?"

If Palestinians weren't trouble makers and terrorists, why are they also blockaded by Egypt?
The terrorists disturbing Egypt in the Sinai Penesula have the safe haven in Gaza.
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by geoworldedu: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Programmer47:

The movie "Apocalypse" opened my eyes to see the atrocities Isreal caused in the name of Jehovah.
I strongly believe that the God Jesus Christ served was completely different from what the Jews believed God to be. That is why the High priest and the pharisees all hated Jesus to their bone.
The God of Christ is Love , that could forgive even when his Son was killed. This is a far cry from the vengeful figure Isreal presented in the Old Testament

The god of Judaism is same with Jesus' god. And las las all gods are fake.
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by ruffDiamond: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
When he finally set ehn,Hamas go collect real Hammers from isreal!e go loud gan!
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by greggng: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Hamas didn't give isreal notice b4 the sluther her citizens ..No they are demanding that isreal give them.notice ahead to know where they wanna bomb . What a funny people . They wanna live while killing others
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by DemonAngel(m): 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

Don't stand in your bed
Join the warfront. smiley
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by adeniyidare: 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
Who has watch, London has fallen. Who remembers Mike Banning lines when he was trashing Cameron: That Line is my message to all those supporting Palestinian against the Israeli.
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Gbadebo19(m): 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

It is you and your family that is standing with palestine. Count me out of that bullshit.
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 09, 2023
Thank you grin
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Botragelad: 8:35pm On Oct 09, 2023
Persephone1:
Thank you grin
You are welcome! 🥂
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by TUTU147: 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
Badassniggga:
It pains me to the bone 🦴 when I see retards rope in religion into the Israel-palestine conflict that has lasted over 50 years and still counting now. It not about religion and has never been. BLIND Foøls that have phones but don't know how to use it to make research will be here screaming their heads off like zombies.

1.Israel has literally "caged" Palestinians in a very tiny strip of land. Palestinians were the original settlers of majority of the lands Israel is occupying today.

2. Israel doesn't want Palestinians living in Gaza to have independence. They love the frequent incursion, invasion and oppression of Gazans and would never let them have freedom of independence.

3. US alongside UN haven't heeded to the cries of Palestinians and countries all around the world to grant these people independence so that Israel will no longer have rights to invade another man's country at will.

4. Decades of oppression and human rights abuses by Israel have never been given attention to, but will be so quick to scream in their media in the case of Russia in Ukraine. if you check YouTube today you'll see hundreds of videos of Israeli forces abusing civilians in Gaza at will.

5. Hamas is a resistance organization against Israeli occupation and not terrorist that the media has brainwashed most of the foøls yarning rubbish here

Solution? UN should give Palestinians their own country so that Israel doesn't just enta someone's country and be oppressing them at will. And when they fight back we start hearing "Unprovoked attacks by terrorists"

Note: I'll never support unnecessary bloodshed and chaos by both sides but if what Hamas has been doing since the past 2 days is what'll garner global attention and probably force UN to give Palestinians their deserved rights to independence, then so be it.

Gaza is like a big prison blockaded by Israel from everywhere. Everyman deserves to be free from oppression and abuse. You cannot cage people like that and subject them to hypocritical "Aids" just like the way EU is doing.

#Nuffsaid
But you don't want nigeria to give Biafra her independence.
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by ReubenE(m): 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
sotall:
undecided

Finally, someone has looked beyond the traditional confrontation between Israel and Gaza. Stunningly most people here don't know or simply ignore the fact that the blockade over Gaza since 2007 is by Israel and Egypt, one of the most powerful countries in the Arab League.

Simply put, Egypt never supported Hamas when they sacked the rival party (Fatah) that was running Gaza until 2007 because it would grow the influence of Iran in Gaza. Fatah was less confrontational, more diplomatic in the Palestinian cause. They recognize the state of Israel but want a Palestinian state according to the borders in 1948. Conversely, Hamas does not recognize Israel but want a State according to the borders in 1948. Fatah has a secular ideology while Hamas has an Islamic ideology. They both want same end product but with different means and methods. Now Egypt....

Gaza was under Egyptian control from 1948 to 1967 when they lost it to Israel after the Arab-Israeli war. Israel equally ceased control of the West Bank from Jordan, and the Golan Heights from Syria. Gaza was only returned to the control of the Palestinian Authorities around early 90s I think.
The only border crossing that is not blocked by Israel is the Rafah crossing from Gaza to Egypt. Like I said before, the reason they gave for blocking it among other issues is to stop the influence of Iran and the belief that it would undermine the recognized Palestinian Authority if Hamas is left to operate. But behind the scene, most people agree Egypt does not want to draw the ire of Israel because that crossing was a big weapons smuggling route into Gaza. Additionally, Hamas has this big romance with many other terrorist organizations like the Muslim Brotherhood and others that torment Egypt, they have links with Hezbollah, another terrorist organization that is not very popular among sane Arab nations. Egypt is just trying to protect itself from those terrorists at the same time, not allowing Hamas to draw it into any confrontation with Israel.

Forgive the many things I said. To answer your question in a nutshell. Egypt is not really in support of Hamas and the way they go about their business especially after they sacked Fatah political party. The political party of the Palestinian Authority that is internationally recognized.
Besides that, everyone knows Hamas is a terrorist organization like the defunct Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt except for their fellow terrorists that refuse to acknowledge that fact.

P.S

Palestine deserve a state of their own even though they foolishly threw away the opportunity in 1948 after being misled by the Arab League. The big question is, will they be quiet, civil after a state is granted to them or use same platform to orchestrate terrorist activities like Iran and co against Israel and other perceived enemies
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Chivik93(m): 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2023
This is exactly what is happening in 9ja, when you hear of IPOB,ESN,UGM etc, Nigeria has expired for long now and theirs need for A referendum as that is one of the solution to insecurity SE, but NO Government officials have the conscience to talk about it, they only talk about the problem but don't want to talk about the solution
Badassniggga:
It pains me to the bone 🦴 when I see retards rope in religion into the Israel-palestine conflict that has lasted over 50 years and still counting now. It not about religion and has never been. BLIND Foøls that have phones but don't know how to use it to make research will be here screaming their heads off like zombies.

1.Israel has literally "caged" Palestinians in a very tiny strip of land. Palestinians were the original settlers of majority of the lands Israel is occupying today.

2. Israel doesn't want Palestinians living in Gaza to have independence. They love the frequent incursion, invasion and oppression of Gazans and would never let them have freedom of independence.

3. US alongside UN haven't heeded to the cries of Palestinians and countries all around the world to grant these people independence so that Israel will no longer have rights to invade another man's country at will.

4. Decades of oppression and human rights abuses by Israel have never been given attention to, but will be so quick to scream in their media in the case of Russia in Ukraine. if you check YouTube today you'll see hundreds of videos of Israeli forces abusing civilians in Gaza at will.

5. Hamas is a resistance organization against Israeli occupation and not terrorist that the media has brainwashed most of the foøls yarning rubbish here

Solution? UN should give Palestinians their own country so that Israel doesn't just enta someone's country and be oppressing them at will. And when they fight back we start hearing "Unprovoked attacks by terrorists"

Note: I'll never support unnecessary bloodshed and chaos by both sides but if what Hamas has been doing since the past 2 days is what'll garner global attention and probably force UN to give Palestinians their deserved rights to independence, then so be it.

Gaza is like a big prison blockaded by Israel from everywhere. Everyman deserves to be free from oppression and abuse. You cannot cage people like that and subject them to hypocritical "Aids" just like the way EU is doing.

#Nuffsaid
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by countryman13: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2023
sotall:
undecided

God bless you bro! Honestly i have wondering why double blockage by 3 great countries against a supposed to be settlement. Oyel dey your head
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by jesmond3945: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2023
sotall:
undecided

go and watch al nakba on youtub
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Bentonite1: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

you sound like an illiterate. bypass what? when only one strike killed 200+ terrorist
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by TUTU147: 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2023
musty2245:
.:
Between 30th March 2018 and 27th of December 2019, the Palestinians of Gaza peacefully marched near the walls of the enclave demanding the lifting of the blockade on Gaza and the Palestinian rights of return. They protested every Friday in the hope that the international community would hear them, Israel shot 9,204 Palestinians and ultimately 223 were killed. The hypocrites crying foul today never said anything about that, they never condemned or criticised it, in fact they were totally blind to it but they've suddenly found thier voices. These are the enablers of crimes against humanity, they don't care about justice, no matter what the Palestinians do, they will always believe the Palestinians are the problem

Most of the demonstrators demonstrated peacefully far from the border fence. Peter Cammack, a fellow with the Middle East Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, argued that the march indicated a new trend in Palestinian society and Hamas, with a shift away from violence towards non-violent forms of protest.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%932019_Gaza_border_protests
When igbo youths were killed in the field playing football did you talk about it, when harmless igbo youths were killed during ipod peaceful protest did you condemned the government.Injustice is injustice no matter who is involved
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Calitoscassius(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2023
What about Naigerians who live in Isreal? I am sure there are Naigerian immigrant living in Isreal, i hope they are okay. I hope they are not dead, Where da fork is Abike dawere that biatch should do her job and go look for Naigerians in Isreal.
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Johncuppa(m): 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2023
tollyboy5:
God ask me to take your land. Which kin talk bedat 4 21st century. Israel think sey we dey ages of bible story lol .
KJV:That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

And very unfortunate, that covenant is irrevocable.

1 Like

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Badassniggga(m): 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2023
TUTU147:
But you don't want nigeria to give Biafra her independence.
wrong comparison baba. Why would I not want Nigeria to give you Biafra? Is Nigeria oppressing you and abusing you? Or don't you have your kins spread across the country and beyond doing business? Were you caged and blockaded in the SE by Nigeria? Not same case with Israel and Palestine. Anybody wey wants to leave Nigeria today will never make me lose sleep. You'll have my blessings 100% cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by akseph1: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
sean079:

I beleive ure a xtian but one thing u fail to realize is dat u have high percentage of xtian on the Palestiinan side dan Israel. Dont let the name Israel deceive u cos it is not even an orthodox jewish state but a militarily secular jewish zionist state dat is setup to occupy, colonize, oppress the indeginous ppl of Palestiinan.
I say it again dont let dat name ISRAEL deceive u.

MORE XTIAN ARE BEING KILLED, OPPRESSED AND HARRASED BY THE ZIONIST STATE IN PALESTIINAN AND AS A XTIAN U SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT IT
Appealing to his emotion. I like your style of argument..
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

Hiding among civilian population; situating warhead launchpads among civilians; using mosques as barracks; employing suicide bombers and having the terrorist advantage by not having to worry about rules of engagement guiding conventional warfare.

Your terrorist heroes are cowards.
Woman wrapper they all are.

Ewu 🐐
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Oakenshield: 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

for ur mind u dn write ur fellow terrorist brothers fill be wiped out
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by sorepco(m): 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
Egypt signed a deal with the US sime decades ago to control the movements of Palestinians in and out through Egyptian territory. For it's trouble Egypt gets billions of dollars un military aid from the US.

I think former Egyptian president Sadat signed the deal. One of the reasons he was assassinated!

sotall:
undecided

Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by eedimo(m): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

I wanted to educate you on the subject matter until I saw your name.
I no say e no go enter.
I understand. It is well.
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Enwhen(m): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
HeeBraHim2:

This Israel pass una ....you go explain tire. No evidence
Re: What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions by Iseoluwani: 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
Preform:
please guys please don't just scroll pass. please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. May GOD bless you

Acct num: FaithS.H
FirstBank

scam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act / Trump Cancels Automatic Citizenship For Children Of US Citizens Born Abroad / See Current Zimbabwean President Tweet, As Mugabe Dies At 95 (pixs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.