Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. (30221 Views)

Vegas Is Open! Cypaid Traveled To las Vegas Despite Covid 19 Restrictions / My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Meddymeddy: 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
I have a question I want to ask.

When I was born in Nigeria, I met the economy at a certain stage, and what I observed is that when the economy rises, it never drops. I've heard stories from the past about how the economy was. Going back to the 1960s and 1970s, the standard of living was very low, to the extent that a double salary was paid during the Gowon regime.

Those who have traveled out of Nigeria to countries that have a better economy than Nigeria How does it feel, and how did it impact your life?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Akano5(m): 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2023
this useless country economy is the worst among OPEC members...
one can't enjoy life in peace without worrying about food, electricity, health among others...

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by STEWpid(f): 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2023
Chai..

Some are chopping big,,

Some have turned criminals,,

Some are dead, just like in Israel, Gaza-Palestine,,

Some are lost,,

Some are wretchedly broke.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Ekejoestar(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
dododawa1:
Minitary scattered d

This

Country

Minitary ko, sanitary ni.

We simply have wicked men in power, most of our leaders have traveled out of Nigeria to saner climes and they see how well developed those places are but won't try an make Nigeria to be like those places they've been to.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by wittywriter: 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
Apt Question...

I'll just say Nigeria is on a downslide compared to other climes because we accommodate bad leaders.
Morbeta11:

You have said it all......
It is what it is.

Wittyness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by dododawa1: 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
Minitary scattered d

This

Country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by nurey(m): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
It feels good, better security, serenity, good paying jobs then when naija never cast not now wey over immigration don scatter foreign lands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by whippersnapper(m): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
we wey never see semé border let us find chair and listen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Bakrabas: 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
It's well ....

I didn't know the period that op was talking about but from what I heard from my parents and lecturers, Nigeria was once a great nation.

Bad leaders, insecurity and poor economy are the major problems.

I've $40 dollars now I don't want to spend it cheaply because it's almost ₦40,000 to tell you how poor is our economy. Who knows maybe be in few weeks to come $40 might be #80,000 I didn't pray for such though

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by pansophist(m): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
It feels good.

The exchange rate, the price of foods compared to earnings, easier accessibility to material stuff and gadgets, cheaper travel to every part of the world, well-off countrymen, high standard of living, and basic sanity. It just feels so good.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Sonnobax15(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
lipsrsealed
Just like my physics teacher used to say back then.....

"That he rather be a gate keeper in heaven than a chairman in hell"

Little did we know that master Olu was speaking about the future which unfortunately is today's situation.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Tayorshd87: 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
Me just won travel because I was never born in the 70s

5 Likes

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by sotall(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
cool
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Kingray10: 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
If you know that you never travel out, gather here we have a meeting...

19 Likes

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by zinaunreal(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by socialmediaman: 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by mejetov422: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2023
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by BornAgainCow: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2023
Depends on what you went there for. But I can tell you no place like home (Nigeria) at the end of the day.

These advanced countries can turn you into a slave working the rest of your life to pay taxes and service debt without ever experiencing true wealth.

In few short years since I’ve been back to Nigeria I have experienced progress at a rate that would have been almost impossible over there. You see the advantage Nigeria has over those counties is that it’s easier to cut corners here. As long as you have the right connects 😉

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2023
Nigeria leadership set the trajectory of the nation on an irredeemable path of self destruction with tribalism, nepotism and religious inclinations

6 Likes

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Tayorshd87: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2023
Where are they plz share let us open eyes with your experience

2 Likes

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2023
Meddymeddy:
When I was born in Nigeria, I met the economy at a certain stage, and what I observed is that when the economy rises, it never drops.
■ I've heard stories from the past about how the economy was. Going back to the 1960s and 1970s, the standard of living was very low, to the extent that a double salary was paid during the Gowon regime.
Explain what you mean by the statement in bold abeg! undecided

2. Standard of living was low leading to payment of double salary? Can you please explain these claims of yours. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2023
I dont know about anyone else oo but naija get one foul odour like that when you arriving into the country olorun then imagine the economy ...Stinking!!

E shock me

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by handsomeyinka(m): 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2023
I wouldn't lie to you...Travelling out of the country is a very good idea but isn't a guarantee to become successful.

Have met some people here that are living a very strange life,you wont be proud to even introduce them due to there circumstances.

In terms of security, some parts here isn't too safe but at least you can call for help when needed.

Finally..
The Global inflation is affecting everyone but the let's keep trusting in the lord.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Talcox: 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
Akano5:
this useless country economy is the worst among OPEC members...
one can't enjoy life in peace without worrying about food, electricity, health among others...

I swear. That's their weapon. If people are not hungry, they won't be defending fraudulent politicians

8 Likes

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by rattlesnake(m): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
j
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Tayorshd87: 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
Are you directly telling us that even Tinubu increasing minimum won't still solve the problems of the masses ??
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Kingosytex(m): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
Meddymeddy:

When I was born in Nigeria, I met the economy at a certain stage, and what I observed is that when the economy rises, it never drops. I've heard stories from the past about how the economy was. Going back to the 1960s and 1970s, the standard of living was very low, to the extent that a double salary was paid during the Gowon regime.

Those who have traveled out of Nigeria to countries that have a better economy than Nigeria How does it feel, and how did it impact your life?

If you are opportune to stay in a sane country for just a week, you will understand that Nigeria is the hell that the Bible talks about.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Jlow2: 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
2nd worst performing currency in the world now is naira , when the dollarised the primary elections and campaigns, these are the negative effects , but sophisticated oluwole tribe will not see it that way as they will blame everything on buhari

2 Likes

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Hpesoj: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2023
Omo Nigeria is crazy. I never believed that one could be in a place with 24/7 hours of electricity. I have been here for several months and not even once has the electricity gone out. Things that I thought were complex were been demystified here.

Seriously Nigeria needs to get it right.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths / See Moment A Woman Was Dragged By A Moving Train After Her Sari Got Stuck / Reopening: Passengers Must Arrive Airports Three Hours Before Flights - FAAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.