Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. (30289 Views)

Vegas Is Open! Cypaid Traveled To las Vegas Despite Covid 19 Restrictions / My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Meddymeddy: 10:21pm On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Explain what you mean by the statement in bold abeg! undecided

2. Standard of living was low leading to payment of double salary? Can you please explain these claims of yours. undecided
Which part did you not understand? I said the standard of living was low, which means things were cheap. Like buying a bag of rice for 3k.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Meddymeddy: 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2023
Kingosytex:

If you are opportune to stay in a sane country for just a week, you will understand that Nigeria is the hell that the Bible talks about.
Wow !
And that's for an average person.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Meddymeddy: 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

@ Meddymeddy. See what u are looking for
Wow!
One would imagine things like this doesn't exist.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by BornAgainCow: 10:27pm On Oct 10, 2023
hegelian:

Meaning you would never have achieved what you claimed to achieve without being duiiusand cutting corners.. Which means you are one of those destroying the countries.. You came back to the country because you couldn't be fraudulent and cutting corners I those country u were and run back to where your devilish behaviour will not be checkmated..

Yeah okay. I admit. But I’m rich. Not a fool pretending to be a womanizer (as if that’s a good thing) like IjeBos, Nairaland’s #1 loser!!
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by BornAgainCow: 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2023
YorubaPrince:

You wey nvr reach airport dey brag abt abroad. grin

Werey, kontinu.. grin

Hahaahhahahahahabahaha. 😂😂😅😅😅

Nairaland is really full of losers.

Airport na still big thing to you?

Hahahahahababbaabbbabababababababababababahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahhaha

I weep for my people.

Even IjeBos knows not to attack me on never being in an airport. The person he keeps claiming I am has obviously been to multiple airports. Pls ask him.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Oct 10, 2023
Meddymeddy:
■ Which part did you not understand? I said the standard of living was low, which means things were cheap. Like buying a bag of rice for 3k.
OK, So wetin be double salary? undecided
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by BornAgainCow: 10:32pm On Oct 10, 2023
IjeBos:

Lol. I would disregard whatever this guy has to say. He's a known compulsive liar here. He'll tell you he did Undergrad at Cambridge in the UK and Penn in the US at the same time. He has both been to the US and has never been to the US.
He has close to 100 usernames here. Check out his previous monikers Slyfoxx,SlyfoxxJoe,Slyfoxx911(and all his variations) and Timesup234(and all his variations). Same themes.
He's quite active in the US politics thread, beggars Den and gambling threads. A few years ago he was begging on this forum for 1.5k for transport money, now he's a Big Boy. Not sure why he has a need to compulsively lie.

Bro! Ketchup or mayonnaise ??

That’s the only question I feel the need to ask you at this posit.

Gosh you are soooooo obsessed with me it’s crazy 😂😅

You even searched and followed me to another thread. Hahahahhaha

God you love me.

Oga come let me fvck your anus. I know you are dying for it.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by BornAgainCow: 10:36pm On Oct 10, 2023
IjeBos:

Lol. I would disregard whatever this guy has to say. He's a known compulsive liar here. He'll tell you he did Undergrad at Cambridge in the UK and Penn in the US at the same time. He has both been to the US and has never been to the US.
He has close to 100 usernames here. Check out his previous monikers Slyfoxx,SlyfoxxJoe,Slyfoxx911(and all his variations) and Timesup234(and all his variations). Same themes.
He's quite active in the US politics thread, beggars Den and gambling threads. A few years ago he was begging on this forum for 1.5k for transport money, now he's a Big Boy. Not sure why he has a need to compulsively lie.

IjeBos. You like how I fvck you and Peter Obi’s anus in your dreams right? That’s why he will NEVER be president of Nigeria. Tinubu keeps fvcking him in his dreams. He’s obsessed with Tinubu just like you are obsessed with me.

Pathetic fools. Focus on teaching your girls to stop being such prostitutes all over Lagos. Maybe then we can have a conversation. Hahahah
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Meddymeddy: 10:36pm On Oct 10, 2023
Swiftgrp:

Point is:
A lot of economic headwinds affecting many countries globally
are caused by localised
maladministration and unforseen international economic contagions or global recessions.

The economic system internationally is quiet different from ours cos even though we have the resources our economy is weak. So let's use African countries for examples, Nigeria's GDP amounted to nearly 477.4 billion U.S. dollars in 2022, the highest in Africa. To follow, South Africa's GDP was worth 405.7 billion U.S. dollars and ranked as the second-highest on the continent. So I find it so unfortunate that there are still counties in Africa that is better than Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2023
IjeBos:
■ Lol. I would disregard whatever this guy has to say. He's a known compulsive liar here. He'll tell you he did Undergrad at Cambridge in the UK and Penn in the US at the same time. He has both been to the US and has never been to the US.

1 Like

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by BornAgainCow: 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2023
IjeBos:

Obsessed. Following me everywhere. Why don’t you tell them how you admitted Peter Obi is your father and he used to beat your mother like a dog every night? Pls tell us the whole truth.

Jobless fvck. Following me everywhere.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Comfort670: 12:04am On Oct 11, 2023
helpee:
You have never stepped out of Nigeria. That 40 dollars will only barb your hair abroad. At most, two meals in a cheap restaurant where they will give you fries and one small chicken.
No one is saying Nigeria is perfect, comparing dollar to naira at face value is nonsense

Exactly what I wanted to say.. Haircut in Atlanta is more than 50k in Naira. To pump your car's tyre, about the same price too, whereas these costs less than 1k in Nigeria.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by IjeBos(m): 12:07am On Oct 11, 2023
BornAgainCow:

Obsessed. Following me everywhere. Why don’t you tell them how you admitted Peter Obi is your father and he used to beat your mother like a dog every night? Pls tell us the whole truth.

Jobless fvck. Following me everywhere.

I guess the pretense wore off Slyfoxx/Timesup/BornAgainCow. I should have mention not only is a pathological liar, he's a degenerate as well.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by sulaak(m): 12:28am On Oct 11, 2023
BornAgainCow:

Shut up you twatt. I came from that same UK okay. I know how the system works there. It’s not like there is no corruption it’s not just easily accessible to people of a certain race and social status. If you truly live there then you should know this. so spare me this “holier than thou” attitude okay?

Yes Nigeria is a country where your connections take you far. That’s what I meant by cutting corners. I never mentioned any overt corrupt act but your stupid self just had to come make a clown yourself on my mentions. Lazy? You have no idea who you’re taking to. I run over 6 separate entities in Nigeria now. I will keep cutting corners to make my businesses more prosperous. If e pain you go and jump off Tower bridge. Mumu.

Lazy Nigerian using the race card. Indians are doing very well yet this useless Nigerian who cannot hack-it the UK with all the opportunity and stability believe that his cutting corner strategy in Nigeria is something to be proud of.

2 Likes

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Mcslize: 1:40am On Oct 11, 2023
Bakrabas:
It's well ....

I didn't know the period that op was talking about but from what I heard from my parents and lecturers, Nigeria was once a great nation.

Bad leaders, insecurity and poor economy are the major problems.

I've $40 dollars now I don't want to spend it cheaply because it's almost ₦40,000 to tell you how poor is our economy. Who knows maybe be in few weeks to come $40 might be #80,000 I didn't pray for such though

Dollar is heading to N1500. Bookmark this post.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Gerrard59(m): 3:17am On Oct 11, 2023
tosinhtml:

This is not true for countries across Europe, I guess madrid is a good place to live but a decent apartment that was $500 in UK or Canada in 2002 is now $1400 in 2023. Infact Canada has housing crisis at the moment. You can read about it using Google, it is not an hidden news at all.

Madrid is only to stay as a tourist or remote worker who earns in dollars. Youth unemployment is atrociously high that immediately after graduation, young Spaniards flee to the UK, Germany, Switzerland, and Norway for stable and good-paying jobs. In economics, places/cities with low cost of living tend to have low salaries or fewer jobs or even fewer corporate jobs and low salaries. If you notice, places which offer digital nomad visas of any form don't have well-diversified economies or enough corporate jobs. Spain offers a sort of digital nomad visa, and so does Portugal. Both are known for low cost of living but low salaries for actual citizens who earn a living from the local economies.

4 Likes

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Gerrard59(m): 3:24am On Oct 11, 2023
tosinhtml:

This is a partially false, most of the people living paycheck to paycheck are always in disarray when they lose their jobs. The citizens are paid monthly when unemployed but sometimes that money may not be enough, so they have to work to live above their cost of living. A lot of Europeans get loans for vacation, then travel. They start working to repay those loans in years or months, that is difficult as well.

Sha, it is their lifestyle, and debt aids the economy in terms of consumption. However, obtaining a loan to use it for leisure purposes (travel, not car purchase) does not make economic sense to me.

You actually need enough liquid cash, investments to live a safe & comfortable life. Don't let anyone deceive you with this European lifestyle. For example, most African parents who relocated don't take student loans, they pay their kids tuition fully so as to enable their kids build wealth in the future.

The bold is true. While most might be contented, to live a truly comfortable life with low debt, one needs to amass enough in liquid cash, investments and salary. Your last line is also interesting because it means black Africans should have a leg up or be equally financially (factoring social/racial differences) in the abroad compared to natives. Is that applicable to first generation or second generation Nigerians?
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by maridrug(m): 5:08am On Oct 11, 2023
Ekejoestar:

Minitary ko, sanitary ni.

We simply have wicked men in power, most of our leaders have traveled out of Nigeria to saner climes and they see how well developed those places are but won't try an make Nigeria to be like those places they've been to.
All of them had traveled to a saner country.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Tukor1759: 7:58am On Oct 11, 2023
Meddymeddy:
I have a question I want to ask.

When I was born in Nigeria, I met the economy at a certain stage, and what I observed is that when the economy rises, it never drops. I've heard stories from the past about how the economy was. Going back to the 1960s and 1970s, the standard of living was very low, to the extent that a double salary was paid during the Gowon regime.

Those who have traveled out of Nigeria to countries that have a better economy than Nigeria How does it feel, and how did it impact your life?
same here, just that no fear's of the unknown
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by BornAgainCow: 8:04am On Oct 11, 2023
sulaak:

Lazy Nigerian using the race card. Indians are doing very well yet this useless Nigerian who cannot hack-it the UK with all the opportunity and stability believe that his cutting corner strategy in Nigeria is something to be proud of.

Lazy Nigerian that will buy you and your worthless family 5 times over. Bloody fool. What does Indians doing well have to do with a black Nigerian monkey like yourself? The current British PM is Indian. A Nigerian will NEVER make it to that level. That alone should tell you not to compare yourself with them. Hahaha.

Daft fool.

Read this article about your beloved “corruption free” UK. You sound like a child that was born yesterday I swear. Naive fool. It’s your type that the white man likes. Keep promoting them as faultless while they hold your destiny in palms.

Stark illiterate like you.

https://blog.oup.com/2022/01/britains-long-struggle-with-corruption/

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by BornAgainCow: 8:10am On Oct 11, 2023
IjeBos:

I guess the pretense wore off Slyfoxx/Timesup/BornAgainCow. I should have mention not only is a pathological liar, he's a degenerate as well.

Jobless fool sucking my d!ck from thread to thread all over Nairaland. I own your soul you bastard! You can’t even sleep, eat or breath without thinking about me. I have done so much emotional damage to you that you are completely obsessed with me now. Don’t you have another excel sheet to create? Worthless fool.

Hahahaha
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by sulakishop(m): 10:08am On Oct 11, 2023
Whatever the situation, once I raise N2m, I don enter binance arbitrage be that. 200k daily profit go arrange my jakpa Very soon...

I will then come back here to drop a comment grin grin grin
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Love800(m): 10:31am On Oct 11, 2023
Hw do i get there?
tundepy:
Life here in Kuwait is amazing, no tax, a lot savings as well, just get a decent job, education or no, you are good to go.. Many Kuwaitis always ask me wetin I dey do for their country, just because 9ja get oil, they think say Nigeria is better.. God help 9ja
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Love800(m): 10:35am On Oct 11, 2023
Wats the difference btw septic and sewage
Unemadu:
The difference is in the standard of living. Because the western world has better economies, they therefore have more money to deploy to services. Also people have more money to afford more things. in America some older people will tell you that when they went to high school, they didn’t have ac in classrooms, only fans but today its unthinkable to be in class without AC in Florida. Also back in the day, many people here were using septic tanks in homes just like Nigeria. But the as years went by, the govt took them of septic tanks and put them on sewage system. So in esssnce when you earn more, standard of living improves. Nigeria is earning very little with a gdp per capita of $2,500
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Hpesoj: 11:37am On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't want to do that cause I fear I will end up like the average Nigerian, always chasing delusions. undecided

You know what, I don't I have the time for the rubbish you're trying to do.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by BurntDodo: 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2023
BornAgainCow:

Read into it what you like. I don’t care. I’m just telling you the hard truth. You can choose to go be a slave in a foreign land that will never appreciate you and treat you as second class human or be a king in your own land and play the game as it is here. The choice is yours.

I call you by your username u con dey para for me. 😂😂😂
You don shook hands inside some dirty dirty stuff for Naija con dey call yourself king abegi!
At least overseas they call spade a spade. Won dey call yourself king.

If you know who to meet in foreign land, you can cut corners there and live large. Naija or foreign it's all the same, in the end you'll meet your fate.

2 Likes

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Shikena(m): 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2023
x
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by tosinhtml: 1:03am On Oct 12, 2023
Gerrard59:

Sha, it is their lifestyle, and debt aids the economy in terms of consumption. However, obtaining a loan to use it for leisure purposes (travel, not car purchase) does not make economic sense to me.

The bold is true. While most might be contented, to live a truly comfortable life with low debt, one needs to amass enough in liquid cash, investments and salary. Your last line is also interesting because it means black Africans should have a leg up or be equally financially (factoring social/racial differences) in the abroad compared to natives. Is that applicable to first generation or second generation Nigerians?

Yes black Africans do have an advantage, first generation immigrants hustle more & over work themselves just to raise some extra funds for cushion. They usually save up for their kids tuition or create a kids trust fund account, work extra hours and pay it off once. They also don't usually chase their kids out immediately after 18, the home was still a shelter for most African kids.

There is a tech Youtuber named Bukola who works in Google, in one of her videos she spoke about how her parents paid off her tuition & they never needed to take loans, this helped her focus more on her career & take jobs that she really loved instead of living for survival trying to pay off loans.

Immigrants also built wealth faster, they focus more on STEM courses rather humanities that usual natives focus on. An average black African or Indian will rather study medicine in the US than a native American. Meanwhile native black Americans keep complaining that life is unfair & most of them want to be come rappers.

1 Like

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by Gerrard59(m): 4:47am On Oct 12, 2023
tosinhtml:

Yes black Africans do have an advantage, first generation immigrants hustle more & over work themselves just to raise some extra funds for cushion. They usually save up for their kids tuition or create a kids trust fund account, work extra hours and pay it off once. They also don't usually chase their kids out immediately after 18, the home was still a shelter for most African kids.

There is a tech Youtuber named Bukola who works in Google, in one of her videos she spoke about how her parents paid off her tuition & they never needed to take loans, this helped her focus more on her career & take jobs that she really loved instead of living for survival trying to pay off loans.

Immigrants also built wealth faster, they focus more on STEM courses rather humanities that usual natives focus on. An average black African or Indian will rather study medicine in the US than a native American. Meanwhile native black Americans keep complaining that life is unfair & most of them want to be come rappers.

I have watched few of her videos. In one, she said her parents moved via the Visa Lottery and she appreciates being in the US considering the stories she hears from her cousins in Nigeria. But is the same across the Atlantic in the UK and parts of Europe?

I hope the second generation pays it forward.
Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by tosinhtml: 9:49am On Oct 12, 2023
Gerrard59:

I have watched few of her videos. In one, she said her parents moved via the Visa Lottery and she appreciates being in the US considering the stories she hears from her cousins in Nigeria. But is the same across the Atlantic in the UK and parts of Europe?

I hope the second generation pays it forward.

For this it really depends on how the first generation parents pass on their knowledge & discipline, what I have found in the UK especially is kids going to school to study courses like Music & Arts, they don't even want to do anything engineering. Usually they rather focus on Youtube & content creation doing vlog & lifestyle videos. Not that it's a bad thing but once those social media platforms kick them out, it's over. I know some family friends in the UK who constantly have to take their kids to Nigerian to see the suffering of people, so they can have a sense of privilege that they have.

But i think Indians & Pakistani kids are different, rarely will you see them doing those types of courses even for second or third generation. They usually focus more of building startups.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by TheGreatIYANU: 10:44am On Oct 12, 2023
BornAgainCow:
Depends on what you went there for. But I can tell you no place like home (Nigeria) at the end of the day.

These advanced countries can turn you into a slave working the rest of your life to pay taxes and service debt without ever experiencing true wealth.

In few short years since I’ve been back to Nigeria I have experienced progress at a rate that would have been almost impossible over there. You see the advantage Nigeria has over those counties is that it’s easier to cut corners here. As long as you have the right connects 😉

You see the bolded? Your ilk are the reason Nigeria is where it is today.

You go abroad and abide by their policies, but return to Nigeria and actively look for ways to cut corners just to make quick wealth.

You are the cause. You are the curse.

1 Like

Re: To Those That Have traveled out of Nigeria. by BornAgainCow: 10:57am On Oct 12, 2023
TheGreatIYANU:

You see the bolded? Your ilk are the reason Nigeria is where it is today.

You go abroad and abide by their policies, but return to Nigeria and actively look for ways to cut corners just to make quick wealth.

You are the cause. You are the curse.

You think it’s in jand or yankee that people don’t cut corners? LMAO y’all so naive I swear.

It’s not just accessible to people of certain race and level my man. Many billionaires get their wealth and business success through special government connections that’s why the lobbying business is so lucrative in Washington DC. That’s why so many members of the US congress on government salary can buy millions dollar mansions and luxury cars.

So why shouldn’t I come back to my own country where it’s easier for me to do the same? You guys don’t even know what’s up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian-canadian Citizen Illegally Detained By Border Patrol For 8 Months / Nissan Rouge Badly Smashed In Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photos) / Man Sets Train On Fire In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.