Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met (6659 Views)

Woman Spots Herself In Photo Of Her Husband Years Before They Met / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / Nigerian Couple Who Got Engaged 3 Days After They Met,celebrate 16th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by LAXconfidential(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by tven: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2023
My parents met on 2go

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by ImamShaheb: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2023
What if their marriage was arranged by their families? grin
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by godwon01(m): 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2023
These topic will appeared very interesting because some of the parents would not say the ugly part of the meeting in other not to create some discord for their kids. What about if the dad met mum as a former prostitute.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Day169: 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2023
Klass99:

Lol, do you know any married couple who sing sweet songs after years or decades of marriage?
I'm sure they are sweet and sour moments in marriage, but it often looks like a routine life of drudgery.

Please inquire for the sake of a fun conversation and connection with your folks the next time you visit or see one of them. It gives them pleasure to talk about their lives and experiences, before they ever became parents. Parenting is a tough and hard job, it doesn't hurt to bring back pleasant memories of what their lives were like prior to marriage and kids. You can actually learn a lot and understand them better too.

For instance I learnt that my mother was a gorgeous babe, my father and one other guy were hot on her case for marriage but she chose my dad. I wondered what life would have been like if she chose the other guy. One of my aunties (my mother's sister) once said it may have been a lot sweeter/better if she chose the other guy, because the other guy wasn't a first born child with lots of siblings looking to him for their survival, which made sense to me. Life with my father wasn't bad at all but when your finances are being pulled in numerous directions due to lazy and entitled siblings it starts to take a toll.
Well said @ Klass99! smiley
It's actually the ups and downs of married life that makes it a song worth singing.
Perhaps it's time for me too to join a choir. wink

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by HeyHey(f): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
They were Neighbours in old Warri.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Danfederal: 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
I will try one day

Happy International Girl Child Day

Please watch!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqtNtm-WzVs
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Emmacolinho(m): 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wetin concern bozz
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by drimzsmoke(m): 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2023
tven:
My parents met on 2go

Nice one
Mine met on Threads

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by meobizy(f): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2023
I honestly don’t care.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Negroid001(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2023
ahnie:
Lovely love narratives cheesy cheesy cheesy.
So pitching my gazebo here!
How did you meet your husband?
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Gggjhhj: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
Next generation children as parents,

Mommy was into hookup, she was my regular customer, so one day rubber burst, that was how you came into existence
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by VEHINTOLAR: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yes,I once asked my Dad. He told me he met my mother in Benin city when she came to spend her holiday with her parents who were traders in Benin city then. She was still in secondary school as at that time while my Dad was already working with a foreign company as a civil Engineer in Benin city. My Dad is from a royal family (Aina Serebu of Gbaemu's compound) in Osogbo while my Mum also,is from a royal family (Eshugbayi Eleko of Isale Eko) in Lagos. I still remember ,quite vividly, my early childhood at number 11, Yoruba street,Iyaro,Benin city;it was all fun ! It is always a delight for me to watch,each time I visit them at their home here in Lagos now and they talk about their love story ! They are both very advanced in age now. My Dad is in his late 80s while my mum is in her early 70s. May God prolong their lives !

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Nairalander248: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2023
Klass99:
Mine met in the choir. I never asked how they met but in the course of gisting, the gist of how they met came out.

You must know how to sing very well
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Munzy14(m): 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2023
ednut1:
Nigerian parents go look you with side eyes
Not all o..Na my Dad narrated how they met sef..Still in the line of Work.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Munzy14(m): 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
tven:
My parents met on 2go
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
You are not serious.. so you are not up to 15yrs then.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by tven: 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
Munzy14:

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
You are not serious.. so you are not up to 15yrs then.
I'm a grown up child πŸ˜‚
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Paracetamol01: 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2023
VinnyBaba:

my Dad was a SpiriKOKO Brother in his church! smiley

While my Mother was a STRONG Virgin, like Mary in the Bible! 🀨😊😊

My Dad Wooed Her with Songs of Solomon Verses, After Tuesday Prayer Meeting/Bible Study! 😊😎😎

And the Rest was History! πŸ™‚
stop lying transgendered
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Klass99(f): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2023

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Jewessgratitud3: 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2023
My dad's elder sister flagged down ( that is how it is said in Igbo language) my Mom for her brother ( my dad.)

She was always seeing my Mom fetching water and she had this long navel those days that people liked and my dads sister also liked the long navel and indicated interest in her.. Meanwhile my dad was away in the city working. So when he got back, she told him about my Mom,they now went with their elders, married her and took her to their uncle's place in the city to continue with her education.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by folake4u(f): 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yeah. They started out as friends.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Ikennaford: 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yes ,once asked my mom,she detailed it and I was laughing like an Imbe ...she said my dad was so rugged but always on suit..then I remember the saying fear men on suit ,they are the real niqqis ,real men like me will be always on corporate but I've smoked alot of Pucci ass niqqis trynna cross my lane,still cops ain't getting shit ,,I'm kidding though
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by akinade28(f): 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yes, I have. My father has told me the story countless times
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by ahnie: 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2023
I don't discuss my personal stuffs
Negroid001:

How did you meet your husband?
Stick to the topic,read comments and move.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by NACE13: 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2023
My Mom's mother has a provision shop a little distant from my Dad's family house. My Dad would rather trek the distance or hop on his bike to go buy things he doesn't need just to gist with my Mom. Their teenage love affair was quite interesting. My Dad always brag about his smooth-talking ways and how my Mom fell for him right from Day 1, while. My Mom keeps denying it

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by EKOSuperior(m): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2023
VinnyBaba:

my Dad was a SpiriKOKO Brother in his church! smiley

While my Mother was a STRONG Virgin, like Mary in the Bible! 🀨😊😊

My Dad Wooed Her with Songs of Solomon Verses, After Tuesday Prayer Meeting/Bible Study! 😊😎😎

And the Rest was History! πŸ™‚
Assemblies of God ba?
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Negroid001(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2023
ahnie:
I don't discuss my personal stuffs .
Stick to the topic,read comments and move.

Thanks

But you can read other people's own. grin

Wahala...
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Kindness218: 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
I guess my mom told me.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Zubby2005(m): 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2023
I haven't asked my mom but I heard that my Dad was rugged back then but only my mom made him feel safe.
It's happened like nollywood movie, I'll certainly tell my kids mine too
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by aalangel(f): 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2023
They told the story over and over again...
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by 12345baba(m): 5:04am On Oct 12, 2023
Klass99:
Mine met in the choir. I never asked how they met but in the course of gisting, the gist of how they met came out.
choir! Chai bad guysss
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by 99thEnemy(m): 6:32am On Oct 12, 2023
Cholls:
My brothers and sisters happy viewing!

"My mum was a very pretty young lady of 18 when she met my dad, he came to work in her Elder brother's house then since he was a student electrician then, after he left, her brother discovered that something of his was missing and my mom wasted no time in accusing my dad of being the person who stole it, so they sent people to go and call my dad, before he came, her brother later found what he was looking for, so when the people finally brought my dad, her brother jokingly said to him in igbo "come our husband where do you think you are going without paying for your wife's brideprice" and my dad laughed....fortunately my dad took the joke serious and they later got married the next year"
Thank your uncle for your existence. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does My Sister's Husband's Privates Smell? / Kenyan Female Sexologist Shows Married Women Latest Sex Positions On TV (pics) / Should I Tell Him Abt My Oda Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.