Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? (9594 Views)

How Marketable Is Pharmacology In Nigeria And Abroad / Parents Who Want You To Study Medicine Love You For Real Do It ! / My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by marenx: 8:15pm On Oct 10, 2023
Must I study medicine or pharmacology in order to sell drugs in Nigeria?
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by garriAndsugar: 8:29pm On Oct 10, 2023
Chicago University can get you a certificate within seconds just like they gave tinubu.
You have to choose between pharmacy or medicine. Or you can mix it Pharmacy in Medicine

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Adesina18111(m): 1:38pm On Jan 29
He
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Eriggs: 1:38pm On Jan 29
garriAndsugar:
Chicago University can get you a certificate within seconds just like they gave tinubu.
You have to choose between pharmacy or medicine. Or you can mix it Pharmacy in Medicine
Why not keep shut if you have nothing reasonable to contribute?
Why not wait for responsible and mature members to comment?

Do you think they are talking about garri and sugar here as your moniker implies?
Better BeCareful , I hate nonsense

Adoomadonmi:
Our gateman, Adamu has his own pharmacy store
Lol 😂, dis nairaland sef grin cheesy
Wetin Adamu no go sell for gate...

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by tuoyoojo(m): 1:39pm On Jan 29
Doctors are not licensed to sell drugs. They may prescribe medications but its the work of Pharmacist to sell prescribed drugs

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Elvis2kay: 1:39pm On Jan 29
shocked
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Yourprick: 1:39pm On Jan 29
Lol this your question ehnn,it's a must but it's not a must in Nigeria,cause even Musa way no go sch day sell swipha

5 Likes

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by SirLakes: 1:40pm On Jan 29
What type of drugs grin
Drugs for developing or for medical treatment grin

3 Likes

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by naptu2: 1:40pm On Jan 29
You must have a pharmacist in your facility before you can sell prescription drugs.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Karrima: 1:40pm On Jan 29
There is a big problem in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by drimzsmoke(m): 1:40pm On Jan 29
marenx:

You can't sell drugs with either!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Adoomadonmi(m): 1:40pm On Jan 29
Mmmm

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by 6ixVille: 1:40pm On Jan 29
No sir...can bet all those aunty chemist no go pass secondary school.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by hafeeanubasy: 1:41pm On Jan 29
Those two are not even allowed to sell drugs.

PHARMACISTS alone are licensed to import,export and produce drugs and poisons!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by opalu: 1:42pm On Jan 29
Join a seminar on how to repackage a dying or inactive company to sell for millions. In this seminar, You would learn how to sell that your grandfather's company to foreign corporation. You would also learn how to get equity investors for your business. To own 10% of a Multi Billion Naira business is better than owning 100% of a worthless company.
It is 1 week training strictly online for N5,000

To register use my contact at my signature

2 Likes

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by naptu2: 1:42pm On Jan 29
naptu2:
Do you know that NAFFAC still exists? What is the name of the director general of NAFDAC?

Can you give me an answer without searching for it?

To a casual observer it might seem like NAFDAC has only had two directors general, Professor Gabriel Osuide and Professor Dora Akunyili. That's because it was during the tenures of these two professors that NAFDAC vigorously enforced its regulations.

Anybody and I mean absolutely anybody could open a chemist/pharamcy/patent medicine shop in the 1980s and the shop owners acted like emergency doctors and pharmacists combined. Some of these shop owners were not educated beyond the primary school level.

Then came NAFDAC in 1993 and they ensured that every "chemist" had a pharmacist present in their store. NAFDAC's enforcement teams went around with policemen to shut down any chemist that did not have a pharmacist.

NAFDAC also banned the establishment of places that sold alcohol within 100 metres of schools and other places that children usually congregated.

It was also at this time that cigarette companies were banned from advertising on TV and radio before 10pm.

Professor Osuide was the director general of NAFDAC at this time and he did very well.

It seemed like NAFDAC died after he left and nobody heard about them until Professor Dora Akunyili was appointed as the director general.

Professor Akunyili developed a system for distinguishing between fake and genuine drugs. It's called the NAFDAC number. Producers must have these numbers on their products and consumers can verify if the numbers are genuine by sending a text message to a NAFDAC phone number. She regulated the way that traditional medical practitioners advertised their services and completely banned the advertisement of cigarettes and alcohol on TV. NAFDAC inspection and enforcement teams visited factories across the country to ensure that food and drugs were being produced in a healthy way. Many fake drugs manufacturers were arrested and prosecuted. Attempts were made to kill Professor Akunyili because of her determination to enforce the rules.

Unfortunately it seems that NAFDAC once again vanished from public view after Professor Akunyili left office.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Nemesis0147(m): 1:42pm On Jan 29
drimzsmoke:

You can't sell drugs with either!!!
a pharmacist can sell any kind of drugs in this country,,including tramadol..abortion pills….codine and it likes.
….I’m not talking about cocain and it likes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by SeeWahala: 1:42pm On Jan 29
When last I checked our renowned selected druggie P studied account and even read it so well that he came out with a 1st class in shincago grin

Yet he sold druggz both at home and away in the abroad on a Kentro level cool sooteey him dash away $450,000 just like dat no shakement wink

Who school epp when e come to drug business and presidency matter? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Adesina18111(m): 1:45pm On Jan 29
No...some business men in Nigeria are into medicines (drugs) sale yet they don't have idea of what such drugs do...what they do is employ competent pharmacists and auxiliary Nurses as sales' girls...if u want to study pharmacy or pharmacology to have proper knowledge about drugs...it's fine but someone else who doesn't have the knowledge can hire u for ur service...

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by treatise: 1:45pm On Jan 29
Adoomadonmi:
Our gateman, Adamu has his own pharmacy store
Not ethical drugs

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Jman06(m): 1:46pm On Jan 29
Only Pharmacists are licensed to dispense(sell) drugs and also counsel patients on how to safely use their drugs.

A doctor can prescribe but only Pharmacists sell. This is because Pharmacists are the only ones with requisite training on drugs from storage, to drug interactions to drug therapy problems etc.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Wallade(m): 1:48pm On Jan 29
marenx:

You should study pharmacy to sell drugs. Pharmacology is for production of drugs while medicine is for health care practice.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by AbujaLagos: 1:49pm On Jan 29
garriAndsugar:
Agulu

3 Likes

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by realmindz: 1:54pm On Jan 29
marenx:

You don’t need higher education before you can sell drugs.
Just study the streets. You are good
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Ashirioluwa: 1:56pm On Jan 29
marenx:

https://www.nairaland.com/49962/opening-pharmacy/1
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Mindlog: 1:56pm On Jan 29
No.
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by CHRISTFUCKER: 1:56pm On Jan 29
I've a dude that did pharmacology

Dude is a billionaire, made huge dough opening a clandestine lab profiting from meth production alone

I get one guy laikdat way day do plastic surgery , dude is a med doc and gets paid in milli per year
He drives a Dodge Ram

Chose wetin go profit you

3 Likes

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Quality20(m): 1:58pm On Jan 29
Nope, u only need a pharmaçist registered with ur store to be able to obtain a license to open n operate a pharmaceutical store

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? / What Are The Benefit Of ITIL Certification In Nigeria / Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.