Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

"Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father (1754 Views)

Cossy Orjiakor Blasted For Stripping To Her Panties On Instagram / Linda Ikeji Rocks Her Engagement Ring; Trailed By Pregnancy Rumors / Seyi Shay Trailed By Pregnancy Rumor As She Resets Her Instagram Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by DyshApp: 11:09pm On Oct 10, 2023
Mixed reactions have trailed the video of a young TikToker identified as ‘Pretty Yoruba Girl’ requesting an iPhone 8 as a birthday gift from her parents.
In the 3-minute video, the girl could be seen looking out of the window of a car and her father’s voice in the background scolding her for requesting an iPhone instead of focusing on her studies.

The father was heard suggesting that she may sell her body if she desired an iPhone, asserting that girls with such phones are morally corrupt.
The dad, while berating his daughter, noted he had yet to see anything that showed his future was secured with her while her mom agreed with her dad, brooding over the reason their daughter has chosen to only give them pain.

The video has since sparked reactions across different social media platforms with some criticising the girl’s action and others slamming her parents over their approach to the girl’s request.

BBNaija’s Tacha wrote, “Anybody that has something wrong with what the parents said! Something is legit wrong with you!
“For this child to record this conversation she actually knows what she’s doing.. But I know some waste men will still buy her that iPhone.”

Popular Disc Jockey, Dj Switch said, “I just watched a video of a girl that asked for an iPhone and proceeded to record her parents’ response…hmmm. I can hear her parents’ concern and pain, but her countenance and actions say it all. I heard that she’s yet to gain admission but is more interested in the iPhone. iPhone 8 for that matter. I think she should have held her parents at gunpoint and asked for an iPhone 15 Pro Max. Then I will know she’s serious.

“I have been saying this for a while now, I’m truly worried about our new generation of kids with all that we do online, all the crap we praise, and all the attention we give to BBL and the other set of ‘fakeness’ that has set the stage for this type of crap we see from our young ones. A word was enough for the wise, but the wise don scarce,” she added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urUxBrC97t4?si=DC0ncyRD9uEnCf9_

Follow up with more Celebrity gossip here
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Sirmwill: 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2023
Instead of her to face her book

She wants to be on facebook
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by DyshApp: 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2023
Sirmwill:

Lol😆
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by TUANKU(m): 3:29am On Oct 11, 2023
Good response from her parents. Morally bankrupt people are the ones supporting her and attacking the parents. Birds of the same feather.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Westerhoffe(m): 4:21am On Oct 11, 2023
Observing properly from the dad's reaction, it shows he's seen a lot of discouraging stuffs about her and he has had enough because she is not changing.

If she had been a good girl, believe me, instead of talking this rash, her parents would have laughed it off jokingly and not even say No even if they won't say Yes.

So no one should blame her dad/parents at all.

I'm quite disappointed with some girls out there these days.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Bankowner: 8:26am On Oct 11, 2023
If it was a man she asked, people will ask if she doesn't have parents. Now she has asked her parents, people are still insulting her.

What exactly do people want?
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Therock5555(m): 8:27am On Oct 11, 2023
Look at her reaction, everything they're saying is passing from one ear to another and going out.

If she was truly touched, she wouldn't have posted it. But I like as it has gone viral, make the video reach her parents, her ruin would be even faster.

Useless Gen z

1 Like

Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Therock5555(m): 8:31am On Oct 11, 2023
Bankowner:
If it was a man she asked, people will ask if she doesn't have parents. Now she has asked her parents, people are still insulting her.

What exactly do people want?

What happened to the phone she's using? If it can record and post her parents online, it shows it still works perfectly.

There's time for everything, let her face her education, afterwards she can buy 60 iphones for her self, let's stop misplacing priorities.

4 Likes

Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Bankowner: 8:34am On Oct 11, 2023
My emphasis here is about who she has asked for a phone and not the intention behind it. Asking her parents is more dignifying that going to give herself to one man out there for it.
Therock5555:

What happened to the phone she's using? If it can record and post her parents online, it shows it still works perfectly.

There's time for everything, let her face her education, afterwards she can buy 60 iphones for her self, let's stop misplacing priorities.
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by DyshApp: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2023
Therock5555:

I agree if she is requesting for a new phone she should prove her responsibility first in her studies but I don't support the way her father spoke to her
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by DyshApp: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2023
Bankowner:
My emphasis here is about who she has asked for a phone and not the intention behind it. Asking her parents is more dignifying that going to give herself to one man out there for it.

Yeah she's a smart girl she posted it online to get that attention and someone might actually buy it for her
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Alsenora: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2023
Besides she isn't contented with having a functional phone she is using to capture the scenario. Just one of these entitled mentalities...my only grouse is that her dad shouldn't have mentioned her to go get it using her body.
TUANKU:
Good response from her parents. Morally bankrupt people are the ones supporting her and attacking the parents. Birds of the same feather.

1 Like

Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by femijamz: 11:49am On Oct 11, 2023
I know the so call girl and his family. I know God wants to put them to shame that's why the video go viral like that. Both the girl and her parents are bad and evil people. The so called girl is upcoming olosho and her parents too her devil on human form
DyshApp:
Mixed reactions have trailed the video of a young TikToker identified as ‘Pretty Yoruba Girl’ requesting an iPhone 8 as a birthday gift from her parents.
In the 3-minute video, the girl could be seen looking out of the window of a car and her father’s voice in the background scolding her for requesting an iPhone instead of focusing on her studies.

The father was heard suggesting that she may sell her body if she desired an iPhone, asserting that girls with such phones are morally corrupt.
The dad, while berating his daughter, noted he had yet to see anything that showed his future was secured with her while her mom agreed with her dad, brooding over the reason their daughter has chosen to only give them pain.

The video has since sparked reactions across different social media platforms with some criticising the girl’s action and others slamming her parents over their approach to the girl’s request.

BBNaija’s Tacha wrote, “Anybody that has something wrong with what the parents said! Something is legit wrong with you!
“For this child to record this conversation she actually knows what she’s doing.. But I know some waste men will still buy her that iPhone.”

Popular Disc Jockey, Dj Switch said, “I just watched a video of a girl that asked for an iPhone and proceeded to record her parents’ response…hmmm. I can hear her parents’ concern and pain, but her countenance and actions say it all. I heard that she’s yet to gain admission but is more interested in the iPhone. iPhone 8 for that matter. I think she should have held her parents at gunpoint and asked for an iPhone 15 Pro Max. Then I will know she’s serious.

“I have been saying this for a while now, I’m truly worried about our new generation of kids with all that we do online, all the crap we praise, and all the attention we give to BBL and the other set of ‘fakeness’ that has set the stage for this type of crap we see from our young ones. A word was enough for the wise, but the wise don scarce,” she added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urUxBrC97t4?si=DC0ncyRD9uEnCf9_

Follow up with more Celebrity gossip here
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2023
Sirmwill:

Why can't she be on Facebook? She is old enough to drive her parents around isn't she? undecided
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by kkins25(m): 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2023
Ahhh.... I wanted to creat a thread on this oh.... but too lazy... 😂 😂

we blast that girl... 😂 😂 😂
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by kkins25(m): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2023
femijamz:
I know the so call girl and his family. I know God wants to put them to shame that's why the video go viral like that. Both the girl and her parents are bad and evil people. The so called girl is upcoming olosho and her parents too her devil on human form
tell us more...
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2023
This is toxic parenting and no matter what never suggest to your children to go into prostitution because you are angry at their demands (sarcastic or not) . Parents should be informed enough to suggest ways children can make money legitimately if the want to be sarcastic. The truth is whatever you say children act on it and making it seem like "selling her body to men" is the only way she can raise money herself is wrong.

They should have simply said No and end it there, they have ruined the girl's birthday already. Many parents in Nigeria need therapy, most are angry and bullies plus they don't handle their children's shortcomings well.
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
TUANKU:
Wrong! Those are examples of bad parenting. You do not teach your children any thing good through use of emotional abusive tactics. undecided
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2023
Therock5555:
Look at her reaction, everything they're saying is passing from one ear to another and going out.
If she was truly touched, she wouldn't have posted it. But I like as it has gone viral, make the video reach her parents, her ruin would be even faster.Useless Gen z
Hopefully, every thing they said there should flow past her as the alternatively would be mentally devastating. undecided
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2023
DyshApp:
■ I agree if she is requesting for a new phone she should prove her responsibility first in her studies but I don't support the way her father spoke to her
Assuming that is indeed the reason these parents here have, why didn't they simply tell her that? undecided
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
femijamz:
Please leave the gal alone if you have beef with her parents then attack them instead. A child learns mostly from parents and clearly their method of raising her seems quite toxic. undecided
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Therock5555(m): 4:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
Bankowner:

Ask yourself this question, was it a man that got the phone she currently uses?

I'm certain her parents did, so why the sudden craze for an iphone when she clearly doesn't deserve it.

She doesn't know how families are struggling now to make ends meet. Let's leave dignity aside, if she's mentally sound, she'll know there's a time for everything.
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2023
Alsenora:
Besides she isn't contented with having a functional phone she is using to capture the scenario. Just one of these entitled mentalities...my only grouse is that her dad shouldn't have mentioned her to go get it using her body.
If you have children, they are entitled to ask you for everything they need or desire. That is the beauty of the parent-child relationship as opposed to any kind out there. You don't have to give them everything but you also do not need to emotionally abuse them when even just plane "NO" will suffice. undecided
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Therock5555(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Hopefully, every thing they said there should flow past her as the alternatively would be mentally devastating. undecided

Surprise ma'am, she's already morally bankrupt, posting that online tells alot about the girl, if she has heard what I've been told in my life by my folks, she'll have hung herself by now.
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
Therock5555:
■ Surprise ma'am, she's already morally bankrupt, posting that online tells alot about the girl,
■ if she has heard what I've been told in my life by my folks, she'll have hung herself by now.
Rubbish! undecided

That you were emotionally abused by your own parents does not make it right nor make it good for everyone else. undecided
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kondomatic(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2023
Persephone1:
TThe truth is whatever you say children act on it
No vex oo but that time when you asked Mom where you go put something and she said put it my head.

Did you put it on her head?
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kondomatic:
No vex oo but that time when you asked Mom where you go put something and she said put it my head.

Did you put it on her head?
There is an immediate punishment for that unlike "selling your body" plus some kids really do that until they know better not too.

Again toxic parenting.
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kondomatic:
No vex oo but that time when you asked Mom where you go put something and she said put it my head. Did you put it on her head?
I remember my sister, out of frustration, did just that one time. After that, my mum didn't say that again. undecided
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
Therock5555:

Surprise ma'am, she's already morally bankrupt, posting that online tells alot about the girl, if she has heard what I've been told in my life by my folks, she'll have hung herself by now.
Have you given it a thought that the motive could be exposing her parents verbal abuse?

I see a girl emotionally damaged looking for an outlet. Right or wrong is not for me to judge
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kondomatic(m): 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I remember my sister, out of frustration, did just that one time. After that, my mum didn't say that again. undecided
Beautiful family
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kondomatic:
Beautiful family
Yes, it still is. smiley
Re: "Pretty Yoruba Girl" Trailed And Blasted For Requesting Iphone 8 From Her Father by femijamz: 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Please leave the gal alone if you have beef with her parents then attack them instead. A child learns mostly from parents and clearly their method of raising her seems quite toxic. undecided
yes her father is a pastor in redeem Christian they have a shop in ikorodu. Anybody that's use to ikorodu very well will know there shop at ojubode. The name of that shop is majel global, you see that girl's father he is a devil on his own, I know right from beginning God wants to use the girl to suffer Dem in there family. Her father have seized her Android phone several times, but the is a stubborn type. Everything about her is a man. She loves men like kilode.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Looks Best? / Burberry 2012 Collection Shows Ankara Print / Ladies Dominate As First Evictee Emerges In Gulder Ultimate Search Viii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.