Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom (22160 Views)

FX Crisis: Naira Depreciates By N130 Against Dollar In 24 Hours / Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN / Economic Crisis: Naira To Fall Further In January, Says CBN Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Angelfrost(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2023
ademolajubril:
May God help this country..

For the umpteenth time... God won't do a damn thing!

Has God not tried for you Nigerians?!! When did Abacha die?! When did military hand over?!! How long have you practiced democracy?!!

Whatever you sow, you reap... Nigerians deserve to suffer!

The only thing God can do for the few wise, civilized, detribalized and neutral Nigerians is either help them Japa out of here or get steady means of sustenance.

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Saidfx(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2023
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the wise men from the east knows that the old analog man is not updated with this century economics.they avoided him and some mudafuckers thought its hate. you dont hate someone that has nothing to offer.dollar may hit 1500 before july next year if this man is retain. i thought buhari was the baddest but we have the worst now supported by imported assholes from hell

The cunning scumbags from the east, you meant to say?? Go chop your $$$

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by kushe: 8:36am On Oct 11, 2023
I listen to all the news analysis on the radio in the mornings and then Nigeria info in the afternoon to still hear people react but then I have found out that we have been analysing forever.
Nobody has the solution to our problems at the moment, not Tinubu,not Cardoso,not Peter Obi.
We are in deep shit and only honest people will acknowledge this.
My solution is keep trying but don't make a terrible situation dire.
I knew things were bad when a couple of days ago,as I was contemplating what to tell someone that was calling me,another call came in and then another. All billing,all relatives,different locations.
Nigeria breaks your heart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by ernesco0816517(m): 8:36am On Oct 11, 2023
Buhari we missed you. 😆

2 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by CSTRR: 8:37am On Oct 11, 2023
Don't worry.

All of you will learn economics by force.

That statistics that tinubu said you will not chop, you will eat it by force.

Mad nation consistently voting against their own interests.

Awon emilokan and ronu gang.
Tinubu go feed una papa.

5 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by emmanuelbrown26: 8:37am On Oct 11, 2023
BOSSkesh:

Seems you’re a saboteur
Rice bandit, una dun ronu finish, na saboteurs una dey find now, una go find tire, idiots
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Edusouls(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2023
I don red for Nigerians, no one is talking nonsense again, suffering and poverty knows noo tribe, una go beg buhari to come back in sa allah

4 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:38am On Oct 11, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

If u want to start export business, u hv to register first or if u hv somebody over their, just reason wit d person. Ask african/Nigerian stuffs that moves faster their, u can start by packaging it for him or her. Just get a reliable somebody over their
But if u want to start it commercial way, it will cost u damn money bcs of heavy tax by dis useless party and useless Tinubu.
Mind u, if u supported Tinubu and u want to start export, may that goods sink in d sea for life

I have never supported the werey

or aPc

not ever
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by paskal16: 8:38am On Oct 11, 2023
Yorubas have plunged us into chaos

3 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Emola12(m): 8:39am On Oct 11, 2023
Where is yarimo and temperlanladry awon eleleya radarada oshi alaini lakaye they always base on tribalism awon oniranu

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Blackdisciple(m): 8:39am On Oct 11, 2023
UP TINUBU AND AND HIS GOONS
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by emmanuelbrown26: 8:40am On Oct 11, 2023
Elvis2kay:

Why can't the wise man from East turn the economy of East to the best in Africa??
Rice bandit rest, una dun dey cry for hardship, including Yoruba elders and even d Almighty Ooni
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Afonja007: 8:40am On Oct 11, 2023
Thank god am agbadorian we buy our dollars from aso rock at rate of 185 naira,na gwad I go punish am por Feee D Feee and Labour Party

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Brushstrokes20: 8:41am On Oct 11, 2023
👀What eBOLA cannot destroy does not exist!
Welcombe to shege Pro max 🤣🤣😂😂

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Angelfrost(m): 8:41am On Oct 11, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Nwanemous, I support u 200%, Obi should just relax and allow Nigerians to suffer more. Yorubas thought that they are doing igbos, they all wanted to teach us politics 101, see d end result.

My uncle told me in 2015 that it's good Jonathan left the seat for APC and Buhari.

That if Jonathan had won and remained, any great stride he took would not have satisfied most Nigerians... Idiots in this nation would have said the nation would have been better than that if Buhari and APC had been given a chance.

Let Tinubu deal with them all.

APC will surely bury this nation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Miles300: 8:41am On Oct 11, 2023
How do you all expect the head master of oluwole to perform? A serial forger and liar for that matter , so one whose identity is still not known till date and expect him to deliver?

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Allisgud: 8:42am On Oct 11, 2023
What do u expect from a forger,cost of things triple under tinubu

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Emola12(m): 8:42am On Oct 11, 2023
Temperlanladry don run,, o ti sa lo olorun oba ma fi ìyà jẹ gbogbo yin patapata

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Blitzking: 8:42am On Oct 11, 2023
Who are those importing and what are they importing..this has to stop...so many irrelevant things being imported into this country by ppl stealing our common wealth and some unpatriotic citizens and making it difficult for industries that can improve our foreign exchange earning potential. The worse is after spending billions of our foreign exchange reserve in building a refinery that will bring foreign exchange into the Nigerian system. We are still starving the same refinery of crude oil. Saying we have pledged our crude to repay our debt. so we can't allocate some oils wells to sell crude to dangote and use the proceeds to repay our debt a win win for us..we are creating jobs..earning foreign exchange and repaying our debt at the sametime.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by emmanuelbrown26: 8:42am On Oct 11, 2023
kushe:
Can we all stop with the Tinibu bashing.
The economy was a disaster before this man took the saddle but he grossly underestimated the rot and attacked the job impulsively probably out of excitement.
Now reality has hit him and he is as perplexed as u and I. Our country is like Lazarus that has been bound in grave clothes and the only thing containing the stench of our demise is propaganda.
We need a saviour to shout "Lazarus,come forth! "because even Peter Obi would have a migraine fixing this country at this point.
Write it down,dollar on Dec 25 will be 1230.
Rice bandit rest, una dun ronu finish, na wailing una dey so. He snatched it, grabbed it then run, he can't run again
Una follow out Tinubu for dis wahala, bcs of too much praising
Rice bandit

3 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Angelfrost(m): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2023
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the wise men from the east knows that the old analog man is not updated with this century economics.they avoided him and some mudafuckers thought its hate. you dont hate someone that has nothing to offer.dollar may hit 1500 before july next year if this man is retain. i thought buhari was the baddest but we have the worst now supported by imported assholes from hell

July next year?!! Are you kidding me?!!

First pray you leave this year without the Dollar pushing the Naira into oblivion.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by tonsen44: 8:44am On Oct 11, 2023
INEC, JUDICIARY AND THE LAGISLATORS ARE THE ONES HOLDING THIS COUNTRY NIGERIA TO RANSOM.
ANY DAY THEY STOPPED TAKING BRIBE AND DO THEIR JOB INDEPENDENTLY WITHOUT COMPROMISING, A NEW NIGERIA WILL BE BORN AND THERE WILL BE NO ROOM FOR BAD, CORRUPT, ILLITERATE, FORGERS AND CLUELESS POLITICIANS TO NEAR THE SEAT OF LEADERSHIP.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by DARLINGTON869(m): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2023
By the time Tinubu is done with us, Buhari will look like the best thing after sliced bread

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by kushe: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2023
sedIoyol:
stop making excuses for him. If he doesn't no the solution, let him quit.

Quit for who now ?
Pls tell me who can fix this country at this point.
Zimbabwe
Venezuela
Argentina
Lebanon
Bangladesh
Nigeria
Children of the same mother and father.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by emmanuelbrown26: 8:47am On Oct 11, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

I have never supported the werey

or aPc

not ever
Good, let's go their. What do u intend exporting? Do u hv close people in abroad? Can they link u with some retailers over their?
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Kukutenla: 8:49am On Oct 11, 2023
yesloaded:

lol

Do you mean we import beans & garri too?

U forced local rice on Nigerians but local rice price still high than foreign rice

We get plank from our forest, go to plank market now to know the current price

Inflation is not all about substituting imported products for locally produced goods

No country is self sufficient, every countries import one thing or the other

We plant cassava in Nigeria but a bag of garri is now expensive than what it used to be before

Many of you guys failed common simple economics during secondary school days
That guy is as dumb as a rock

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by sedIoyol(m): 8:50am On Oct 11, 2023
kushe:

Quit for who now ?
Pls tell me who can fix this country at this point.
Zimbabwe
Venezuela
Argentina
Lebanon
Bangladesh
Nigeria
Children of the same mother and father.
keep making excuses for why Nigeria will still remain remain where it is today . There are some of harsh policy tinubu made , removing subsidy when there is no working refinery in Nigeria. They lavish alot of money on governance. This politician see politics as full time job. Tell me why Nigeria will get better

2 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Angelfrost(m): 8:50am On Oct 11, 2023
kushe:
Can we all stop with the Tinibu bashing.
The economy was a disaster before this man took the saddle but he grossly underestimated the rot and attacked the job impulsively probably out of excitement.
Now reality has hit him and he is as perplexed as u and I. Our country is like Lazarus that has been bound in grave clothes and the only thing containing the stench of our demise is propaganda.
We need a saviour to shout "Lazarus,come forth! "because even Peter Obi would have a migraine fixing this country at this point.
Write it down,dollar on Dec 25 will be 1230.

Your brain can do better than this... Don't disappoint those that raised you with such limited reasoning.

Even a child born yesterday knew precisely the level of rot in the economy long before Tinubu started campaigning.

Anyone campaigning or vying for such an office ought to have familiarized himself with every detail of the state of the nation, and laid down a clear action plan/blueprint to tackle the issues head on.

I keep telling you guys to quit electing people whose brains can't reason beyond winning elections, but you don't listen... You did it in 2015, repeated it in 2019, now did it again in 2023 (8 years of suffering down the road)!

You guys don't learn...

5 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Good, let's go their. What do u intend exporting? Do u hv close people in abroad? Can they link u with some retailers over their?

Not really.
The person I know is schooling and married.

Not sure she would have the time.

I talked to her about it before
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by ValeeLove(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2023
See as Tinubu supporters don quiet. During election period you couldn't shut them up, but now it seems they've found their silence and I know what that means.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by lomprico(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2023
Emilokan!
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by skj1377(m): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2023
It's getting serious. Let's wait and see. Let's hope local refining of crude will change the narrative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards / Please How Do I Hustle Hard In 2022? 2021 Was Hell For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.