Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom (22152 Views)

FX Crisis: Naira Depreciates By N130 Against Dollar In 24 Hours / Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN / Economic Crisis: Naira To Fall Further In January, Says CBN Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by duketerry22(m): 10:10am On Oct 11, 2023
If care is not taken by Christmas this thing will be $2000 or more.. I fail to understand the continues defence of such politicians are living on tax payer's money while the said tax payer can barely eat
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by victory36(m): 10:15am On Oct 11, 2023
grandstar:
The CBN has to increase interest rates to a level it can start slaying inflation. If done, the Naira would become stronger. I won't be surprised if it hits about 800.

However, it's as though Tinubu is worried that any steep rate rise lest it tilts the economy into a recession. This is inescapable.

With a stronger Naira and lower inflation, the positive effect would outweigh the any recession or downturn it brings.

Cheaper prices are like a God send.

The CBN needs to open up to how much is in the foreign reserves. The government has kept mum about it. If the rumor that it has fallen to $4bn is true, the country might have no choice but to approach the IMF

IMF will only make it worse as seen in Sri Lanka and Ghana. The best option now is to increase oil production and exports like Angola did and rais interest rates to current inflation levels, no higher than that and go after establishments demanding dollars unnecessarily
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by elipheleh(m): 10:15am On Oct 11, 2023
Elvis2kay:

Why can't the wise man from East turn the economy of East to the best in Africa??

We did.

The Federal Government seized all the money of Igbos and bombed all our infrastructure and houses.

See how we rebuilt them now. See how we are the wealthiest tribe in Nigeria again.

The Federal Government refused giving the East any Development assistance

We have risen and conquered all those repression from the Feds.

Igbos are economy giants.

And infact every nation should follow Igbos choices when it comes to leaders.

Igbos are like children of Isacchar that understands times and seasons.

Evertime we support a candidate, our predictions have always turned out to be the best so far.

We rejected Buhari.... We were right...
We rejected Joe Biden of America.... Again we are right.
We rejected Tinubu.... we are right again.

4 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:19am On Oct 11, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

When will Nigerians decide to go on a revolution, please??

Are our people normal at all??

No other people on earth would accept what Nigerians are passing through!

This is unimaginable.
It is disgusting
Unimaginable
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by elipheleh(m): 10:19am On Oct 11, 2023
kushe:
Can we all stop with the Tinibu bashing.
The economy was a disaster before this man took the saddle but he grossly underestimated the rot and attacked the job impulsively probably out of excitement.
Now reality has hit him and he is as perplexed as u and I. Our country is like Lazarus that has been bound in grave clothes and the only thing containing the stench of our demise is propaganda.
We need a saviour to shout "Lazarus,come forth! "because even Peter Obi would have a migraine fixing this country at this point.
Write it down,dollar on Dec 25 will be 1230.

Say wetin?

It will be N1500 before 25th December.

If naira improves a bit by 31st December it will be N1478
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by tundepy(m): 10:23am On Oct 11, 2023
300 Kuwait dinar use to be 350 to 400 thousand naira,now I dey exchange the same 300 Kuwait dinar to 1M naira or close to 1M plus.. Easy to become a millionaire in naira but what's the point when the same money is use to buy goods at highly inflated rates..

4 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by dontrulee: 10:29am On Oct 11, 2023
Nothing concern government officials and parastatals with all these economic meltdown because majority of them steal or earn in dollars. They can never feel the heat of an ordinary Nigeria. The truth is things will continue to steep and get worse and the funny thing is that Solution is very far, very far. Before things will get better, it will take a long long time. The whole system is a mess.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by badoh(m): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2023
What is the rate of naira to dollar at the I & E window used by the CBN as I realized many people used the rate at the parallel market to create panic. I understand it is people who don't have access to the I &E window that patronize the parallel market. The fact is for how long will government continue to defend the naira? For how long will government continue to pay subsidy which they believe only enrich certain forces? Honestly, anyone taking over the position of CBN governor at this period needs support and encouragement
For people that criticize without logic, can you do better if you're recommended as CBN governor? Remember fuel importation is one of the major thing putting pressure on the naira as Refineries are yet to come up. The government might have mistake floating the naira as their projection failed, what measures should be put in place to put a stop to the free fall of Naira?

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Jlow2: 10:36am On Oct 11, 2023
Nigeria chose the devil over Jesus the day the accepted alqaeda peoples congress -apc. They only came to steal, kill and destroy, very unfortunate country that is irredeemable
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by imoh4king(m): 10:37am On Oct 11, 2023
The only way of really surviving in this hard period is to do a business that is global inclined. Imagine living in Nigeria and earning in dollars or the great British pounds.....

Use this link in case you need to buy or sell dollars from your online business. They are strongly reliable.

https://www.sowget.com/qr/SG3635569
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Nextt: 10:39am On Oct 11, 2023
Chokehold:
We warned them. Where are the agbado miscreants? They will blame Buhari and Jonathan, or even Obasanjo.

Since 2015 that they have been blaming PDP for the country's woes. The only thing APC is good at.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Solidrock05: 10:40am On Oct 11, 2023
We have missed him already
Joshcoli:
grin

May we not miss Buhari
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by vRendoh(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2023
Justbehave:
APC is an embarrassment. Tueh. See Wetin tribalism do us for this country.

What is the difference between APC and PDP? They are same one coin. Besides, We have a terrible civil service. Everybody! We are not ready yet my Broda.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Ladech(m): 10:51am On Oct 11, 2023
"He transformed Lagos", "He doubled the revenue". I told my friends, Lagos is not Nigeria. Here we are.
Either you are "Emi lokan", "Obidient" or "Atikulate". The suffer will go round.
iwaeda:
•Forex crisis hinders raw materials procurement, causes financial problem – NECA

•SMEs decry impending shutdown, Reps probe airlines, schools demanding dollars

https://punchng.com/forex-crisis-naira-plunges-to-1025-job-losses-factory-shutdown-loom/

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Ofreaps: 10:56am On Oct 11, 2023
Intergrated:
Lol check my signature for free stuff. Freestuff kill ur father there
🤣🤣…The Clown and his cohorts are nowhere to be found..it will Favour me and my family crew..The good thing about all this is that they are also suffering this pain because it doesn’t affect APC people and their families,they have access to cheap dollar and have their own special fuel stations lol.

Abeg we Are your sure plug for anything Property purchase and property documentations whatsoever in Abuja,that issue you have about your property and you think there is no solution we will sort it out for you LEGALLY..check my signature and contact us ASAP..
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by Solidrock05: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2023
ademolajubril:
May God help this country..

this is self incurred problem. We brought it upon ourselves. We will be only asking God for mercy. it really baffles me that some people can reason well, the saw an incompetent man and they chose him for the job, and this is the repercussions.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by gameova(m): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2023
GboyegaD:
Yet the president and his cohorts are oblivious of this. I hope things get better and we find a way to promote export and also, remove the ban on consumable food imports pending when we have a solid plan to start producing.
Good afternoon sir. Please can you help me with any amount for foodstuffs pls. This hunger is seriously biting and i have no other choice pls.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by bentenny(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2023
Ohh my God...its finally here!
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by InvertedHammer: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2023
/
Buhari paraded zero certificate. Nigerians supported him due to propaganda and Nigerians went through hell.

Tinubu parades forged certificate. Stay in class and learn. He refused. Instead he was busy running his drug business while taking exams by proxy. He got in through propaganda and rigging. Today Nigerian is in abyss.

How can anyone feel sorry for Nigerians who refuse to fight for themselves? They just mumu dey go listening to paid mouthpieces defending rubbish.

/
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by poweredcom(m): 11:35am On Oct 11, 2023
gideonvalor98:

Your father deserves to be hanged publicly for not aborting a slowpoke and a senseless child like you. Obi ko...pako ni! Ode boy. Thunder fire that your useless and retard brain. Na una wey dey jobless that will cry tire. If eventually you get biafra, you can install your DUMMY OBI as lifetime ruler...but in this NIGERIA, OBI will never get there...y'all OBIFOOLS suppose go hide IN shame as that mumu man display IGNORANCE AND CLUELESSNESS at every passing day. GOD FORBID, NIGERIA WILL NOT JUMP INTO FUTHER PROBLEMS WITH THE MUMU OBI. that's the reason we DISGRACED HIM with votes...only you TRIBALISTIC AND BIGOTED REGION voted your DULLARD SON...AND OTHERS THAT FALL FOR HIS RELIGIOUS PROPAGANDA

Mumu Mr Nigeria , Nigeria is long gone it would be better let everybody scatter and form their own country...mind you am not igbo ...

After all in eastern europe there are small countries of 4 million and even less ...that broke out from former soviet union

Here in Nigeria we are deceiving our selves and impoverishing our mindset and look at what we are now today no levels no value as a nation and you as a coward is here to preach to us to love Nigeria

Thunder grind your generation i no blame you , its because all d little wealth you got , your parent placed you in the position , on a good day you cant hustle from scratch

Guy no just enter me o , i go finish you

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by ufotunang: 11:36am On Oct 11, 2023
shopwiser:
The ìdiot doesnt clearly knows what he is doing on that seat. The suffer just start make una relax lol.. keep voting nonsense into power using tribal sentiment.. body go tell una
..abi... nigerians do not learn... upon the 8 years hardship nigerians faced in Buhari government they still voted the same APC into power.. and what do you expect ?
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by ufotunang: 11:38am On Oct 11, 2023
We warned you people..vote for Peter obi for a better economy and country and better life for nigerians...but you people did not want to listen.. because of tribalism and religion politics
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by ufotunang: 11:39am On Oct 11, 2023
From fry pan to fire 🙄
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by ufotunang: 11:39am On Oct 11, 2023
That I'd the renewed hope they promised nigerians... nawaoooo 🙄
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by mdimefields: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2023
You will not see those idiots that keeps screaming Igbo Igbo everyday on this forum contribute to this thread. They are all in dead silence.
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by rulin247: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2023
Chokehold:
We warned them. Where are the agbado miscreants? They will blame Buhari and Jonathan, or even Obasanjo.

They are blaming Peter Obi grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by ufotunang: 11:47am On Oct 11, 2023
I said it producing is the solution to this problem.. nigeria has to be a producting economy .. industrialized country where we produce goods and export to generate dollars, foreign currencies...the problem is that nigeria imports too much.. consuming economy.. that is the problem of this rising dollars....our refineries, ajaokuta steel company have to work this national assets can generate a lot of dollars, foreign currencies for nigeria and make the naira have value... producing economy...more exportation and less importation that is the solution.... CBN governor cannot solve this problem without nigeria being a producing economy...more supply of dollars into the country and less demand for dollars is the solution...this are simply economics theories
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by ufotunang: 11:49am On Oct 11, 2023
Renewed hope to renewed shege 🙄
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by ufotunang: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2023
After they will say the president has 1st class in Accountancy
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by yarimo(m): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
Emola12:
Where is yarimo and temperlanladry awon eleleya radarada oshi alaini lakaye they always base on tribalism awon oniranu
how far with TINUBU CSU certificate? Keep looking for it cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by mixta140: 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2023
lokotamak:
See as dollars hold Nigerian economy Blokos, grin grin grin grin
Even with all the tinubu permutation self. And na common man dey suffer this pass cool cool cool

and also some people are happy for the exchnge rate to prove a point... something that wont affect the politicians but aprt of the masses are very happy... nawa ooo
Re: FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom by spencekat(m): 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2023
Ok naa

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards / Please How Do I Hustle Hard In 2022? 2021 Was Hell For Me / Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.