Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

How The Lord Taught Me To Release The Spirit Of Excellence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Lord Taught Me To Release The Spirit Of Excellence (203 Views)

Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / Deborah Samuel Death Taught Me A Lesson About Islam / "Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Lord Taught Me To Release The Spirit Of Excellence by ocnovakmichael(m): 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
In the Old Testament, there was a certain prophet by the Daniel, who had the Spirit of excellence. He was made the chief of the princes and master over all magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans, and soothsayers (Daniel 5:11-12).

Nevertheless, Daniel did not hide the secret, source and origin of how he got the Spirit of excellence. In fact, he showed us in plain sight, and told it to every one who cares to listen, and who crave for the Spirit of excellence and how to get it.
Let us analyze how Daniel found the source that led to the Spirit of excellence.
Daniel 1:17 & 9:1-2
17As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.
1. In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans;
2. In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jerusalem the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the destruction of Jerusalem.

Notice our text says, "God gave them, including Daniel, knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom." You see, God can give you a gift but if you do not take the time to exercise yourself in that gift it may not profit you. In the book of Revelation, the Lord Jesus warned the saints at Thyatira to hold fast that which they have receive. "But that which ye have already hold fast till I come" (Revelation 2:25).

So the question is: How did Daniel hold fast and exercise the Spirit of excellence in him? He gave us that answer in the aforementioned text. He said "I Daniel understood by books." Now was Daniel talking about books on Philosophy, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Economics? No. Daniel understood times and seasons and wisdom by books, the word of God.

I remember one time I was in my bathroom having a conversation with the Lord about how we can appropriate the Spirit of excellence in our lives. The Lord brought this line of scripture to my attention. "And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light" (Luke 16:cool. After that conversation, I looked up the clause: ' The children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light." I found out it meant, the children of this word, whose father is satan, are shrewd in their crafts than the children of God. For example, the man who runs a stripper club knows exactly what to do to get loosed men and women picketing his strip-club house.
Put somewhat differently, when I was in the university, some Hotels around my lodging would advertise hangout and a sign will be erected that says, ticket is FREE for Ladies, for guys 1000.
You see, these people are crafty in their ways and business. But the children of God don't know how to appropriate the Spirit of excellence in them for the expansion of the kingdom of God.
In that verse of scripture the Lord gave me, I found out that even the unjust steward knew exactly what to do to earn his master's commendation. The Steward said: "I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses" and "... The lord (his master) commended the unjust steward."

So I asked the Lord how can we appropriate the Spirit of excellence that is in us: because scripture says in John's epistle: "... Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4)? The Lord said to me, this is how you release the Spirit of excellence in and to work for you. "Knowledge of the word released by faith will release the Spirit of excellence in you."
The Lord said, haven't you read in my word how Caleb appropriated the Spirit of excellence and it was accounted that he had another spirit? "But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will i bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it" (Numbers 14:24).
What did Caleb do? He knew what the Lord God said and he professed the same in spite of contradicting evidence. The Lord God had already given them the land and said they should go spy on the land. Now in Numbers 13: 30 Caleb said, "... Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it." Again in Numbers 14:9 he said, "Only rebel not ye against the Lord, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not."

Notice for every time Caleb opens his mouth, he speaks the word because he had knowledge of what God had already said.
So the Lord said again, "Knowledge of the word released by faith will release the Spirit of excellence in you."

Read, comment, and share.

3 Likes

Re: How The Lord Taught Me To Release The Spirit Of Excellence by Matrix137(m): 7:25am On Oct 18, 2023
Amazing as always brother cool
Re: How The Lord Taught Me To Release The Spirit Of Excellence by ocnovakmichael(m): 11:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
Thanks be to God.
Re: How The Lord Taught Me To Release The Spirit Of Excellence by ocnovakmichael(m): 5:58am On Nov 27, 2023
Thanks to all who read this article

(1) (Reply)

Nana Buluku: The Supreme Goddess Of West Africa / Yul Edochie Begins His Ministry / Who Is God Of The Chosen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.