Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' (21263 Views)

Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / Jada Pinkett Smith Confirms She Had A Relationship With August Alsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by nlfpmod: 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2023
Jada Pinkett Smith is revealing what went through her mind when her husband Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the 2022 Academy Awards.

"I thought, ‘This is a skit,' " Jada, 52, tells PEOPLE in this week's issue, while discussing her new book Worthy, out Oct. 17. “I was like, ‘There’s no way that Will hit him.' It wasn’t until Will started to walk back to his chair that I even realized it wasn’t a skit.”

Will, 55, struck Rock, 58, onstage at Los Angeles' Dolby Theatre after the comedian made a joke about Jada's alopecia, which causes bald spots and hair loss. Will would later go on to win the award for Best Actor during the ceremony.

Jada tells PEOPLE that the first words she spoke to Will once they were alone were: “Are you okay?"

Will was banned from attending Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences events — including the Oscars — for 10 years in the days following the incident. He has since apologized multiple times for his actions, including apologies to Rock and a confession that he simply "lost it" during an appearance on The Daily Show last November.

https://people.com/jada-pinkett-smith-says-she-thought-oscars-slap-was-a-skit-until-i-realized-it-wasn-t-exclusive-8350467

1 Like

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Taylor94: 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2023
Beauty is actually in the eyes if the beholder

Because on my own eyes this lady looks muscular and doesn’t have any of those attribute of feminine features I love in a woman

Nyash she no get

Breast she no get

Meat for flesh she no get

Will smith with all his handsomeness and money for don dumb her go carry fresh blood

What do I know shaa

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by tuoyoojo(m): 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
The guy in trying to "protect" his wife has unwittingly crushed his career.

Now the woman he took the bullet for somehow wrangled off the hook and made him look like the fool

I hope men are taking notes

186 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by DamnnNiggarr: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
Okay,

So she didn't know that Will slapped Rock for her sake?

Never carry woman matter for head

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by DMerciful(m): 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
She likes talking to ridicule Will Smith

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Zonefree(m): 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
Hear talk cheesy

It's more noble to fight for a dead cockroach than to fight for a woman.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Orubebe01: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
Will Smith, what a SIMPle man grin

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Dontblink: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
undecided

1 Like

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Available9: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
Simp will never learn

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by adextetoo(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
Soora fun obirin ooo grin

Beware of Women

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by philiancoop(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
When women abuse men. They think Men can take as much pain as them.

So they are shocked when he reacts beyond their expectations smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Jackhill918: 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
You see as the slap my guy like that, which one be skit grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by TheKing4040(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
Lol, this woman really like to ridicule and embarrass Will smith with her yannings. A man need to always take control of his home and family and the same time being kind ..it's takes alot to strike The balance.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by MykellOni(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
It indeed was a skit...
Same way this new administration still seems like a skit to me...

8 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Sonnobax15(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
grin
How can a slap that helped reset someone's brain be seen as a skit?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by omoadeleye(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
Dhvmb beech

3 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by weblord1900: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2023
Make Smith no go commit suicide. He go day think say he day under kayamata. Life of a SIMP-le man

15 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by adebayo201: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2023
Ayé!!!

Will Smith, see your life.

8 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by cococandy(f): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
Okay now she’s being foolish

Like you didn’t know him well enough to know he’d defend you against Chris MFKing Rock?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Elan83(m): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
Jada & will d worst match on earth

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by bewla(m): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
By

1 Like

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Clinghton: 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
In other words, she wasn't expecting him to defend her.

13 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Lagusta(m): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
Eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Oakenshield: 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
Anoda young guy dey lamba dis confused wife

13 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' by Nonexisting1: 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
What's so special in this thing's pussy that Will wants to die simping for it?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olowogbogboro: Nathaniel Bassey Debunks Accident Rumours, its Someone Testimony / Banky W Shows Off His PDP House Of Reps Clearance Certificate / PHOTOS: Wasiu Alabi Pasuma And Sir Shina Peters Perform At 1lagosfiesta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.