Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,869 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap (51668 Views)

Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / Burna Boy Prays For Will Smith After His Wife Jada Shared Their ‘Bedroom’ Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by naptu2: 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xACCrH3VUXY

Previous threads: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video)

Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap

Chris Rock unleashes on Will Smith and wife Jada a year after Oscars slap

By Lisa Richwine

LOS ANGELES, March 4 (Reuters) - A year after he was slapped on stage at the Academy Awards, Chris Rock hammered Will Smith and his wife in a comedy special streamed live around the world, joking that he enjoyed seeing the actor beaten in his latest film.

Live on Netflix on Saturday from the Hippodrome Theatre in Baltimore, Rock said he had been watching slavery drama "Emancipation" just to see Smith "get whooped," cheering "hit him again" and "you missed a spot."

In March 2022, Smith walked on to the Oscars stage and slapped Rock's face after the comedian made a joke about the appearance of Smith's wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. The "King Richard" star returned to his seat in the audience and later won best actor.

Rock had been mostly silent about the incident until the end of his hour-long special, when he accused Will Smith of "selective outrage," also the name of his special.

The comedian said Pinkett Smith had stirred tension among the three, in part by calling for a boycott of the Oscars in 2016 when Rock was the host. Pinkett Smith said she was protesting the fact that Will Smith and other Black actors were not nominated.

Rock, who also is Black, joked about Pinkett Smith at the Oscars that year and again last year.

"She starts it. I finish it," Rock said.

Rock also brought up marital problems the Smiths have publicly discussed. Pinkett Smith admitted to an affair that she called an "entanglement" in 2020.

"I didn't have any entanglements," Rock said. "She hurt him way more than he hurt me."

Representatives for the Smiths did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Will Smith issued a statement of apology to Rock and to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, the group that awards the Oscars, the day after slapping Rock. The academy banned Smith from attending the Oscars for 10 years.

The comedy special was the first event streamed live on Netflix, which is testing the technology as it considers expanding into other real-time programming.

Netflix agreed to pay $40 million for two Rock comedy specials under a deal reached in 2016, according to a person familiar with the matter. Saturday's special was the second of the two.

Rock spent most of the show riffing on topics ranging from Britain's royal family to the Kardashians, abortion and his dating life. He concluded by saying why he did not fight back when Smith hit him.

"I got parents, and you know what my parents taught me?" he said. "Don't fight in front of white people."

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/chris-rock-unleashes-will-smith-wife-jada-year-after-oscars-slap-2023-03-05/

Photo: Will Smith hits Chris Rock onstage during the 94th Academy Awards in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, U.S., March 27, 2022. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by oz4real83(m): 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
I felt pity and anger for Will Smith when I read this report on daily mail today. The guy is just trapped in his marriage to Jada Pickett, just imagine a wife interviewing her husband and telling him how she cheated on him with her son's friend without remorse, she even gave it a new name --"entanglements". And instead of confronting the wife that cheated on him, he is now fighting his pals, Will Smith took simping to another level, he should be "SIMP SMITH" and not "WILL SMITH" , because the guy is Will-less😥😥😥

431 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by ATEAMS: 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
I keep that memory somewhere inside me—where it’s safe. I take it out and look at it when I need to. As if it were a photograph.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by JackDaAlienz(m): 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2023
Search for Entanglement on Xvideos

This is what you will see grin grin

Jada ohhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by Charismatic107: 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2023
Chris Rock issa Coward, why are you enjoying watching his ass whooped in a movie, why not face him man to man and whoop his ass.

Modified - To y'all dragging me because of my comment, Na cruise i dey catch for here. The jokes is on you grin

37 Likes

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by sharpwriter(m): 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2023
Another table shaking grin

8 Likes

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by Lordbinsmar: 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2023
Simpson's

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2023
Rubbish that publicity stunt of a slap now they want to use it to gain more attention, it doesn’t take much to see through the bullshit fiasco of show business

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
Okay
Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by DesChyko: 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
A year after?

Everybody need get sense abeg. Which one be a year after person chop slap make we come dey reason the aftermath of the slap.

Wahala plenty for front abeg.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by ImpregnaTor(m): 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
Wow

What a funny man
Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by KUNZEH(m): 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
Interesting
Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by bigdammyj: 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
Reading...
Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by Teeroyzimma: 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
2022 was an insane year, so many crazy sh!t happened.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by BigBrother9ja: 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
How many times will he talk about it for the first time?

E no go better for all of una

Jobless bloggers

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by LOVEGINO(m): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
Slap dey hungry am again.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by victorVIC1(m): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
Dude just woke up from sleep?

7 Likes

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by Houseofglam7(f): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
undecided
Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by jojothaiv(m): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
Relationships, Religious Beliefs.

Those two things are none of my business.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by BigYash: 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
Don’t fight in front of white people cheesy He for add,he who collect slap and run away,collects slap another day..Make smith catch you again grin
Smith sha get luck say no be naija.. He for dey pick his teeth one after the other for ground..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by Auskyd(m): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
Lmao
Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by Offpoint1: 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
grin
Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by Tataffo: 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
Move on grin
Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by ToyBoyAaron(m): 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
I love this guy

1 Like

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by devigblegble: 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
Those guys will make fun of anybody or anything but once you make fun of them , they quick to pull the race card but what’s my business, I’m just catching cruise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap by Bugatie(m): 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
Chris Rock likes trouble sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People / Nigerian Blogger Omojuwa, Has Two P.As And Pays Each N1million? (Pictured) / Ben Murray-Bruce Tweet About P'square, Tekno & Wizkid Got Fans Asking Of Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.