Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out (37622 Views)

Jada Pinkett Credits Oscar ‘Holy Slap’ For Saving Her Marriage With Will Smith / Jada Pinkett Smith Confirms She Had A Relationship With August Alsina / Jada Pinkett Denies August Alsina Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by nlfpmod: 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
Jada Pinkett Smith claims Chris Rock ASKED HER OUT amid Will Smith divorce rumors and before Oscars slap... as she reveals she and Will have been separated for 7 years

Jada Pinkett Smith claimed Chris Rock once asked her out on a date when divorce rumors about her and husband Will Smith were swirling.

The 52-year-old actress has been busy dropping bombshells during her promotional tour for her upcoming memoir Worthy - including the news that she and Will have been separated for 7 years - and in an interview with People, she said Chris called her up one summer to shoot his shot.

'I think every summer all the reports would come out that me and Will were getting a divorce,' Jada began. 'And this particular summer, Chris, he thought that we were getting a divorce.

'So he called me and basically he was like, "I’d love to take you out,"' she recalled. 'And I was like, "What do you mean?" He was like, "Well, aren’t you and Will getting a divorce?" I was like, "No, Chris, those are just rumors."

'He was appalled. And he profusely apologized and that was that.'

DailyMail has reached out to Chris' reps for comment.

Jada also shared that she hasn't spoken with Chris since the infamous Oscars slap, when Will slapped Chris after the comedian made a joke about Jada's bald head.

'[Do I have] any desire to talk to Chris? Here’s my desire: I just hope that all the misunderstanding around this can be cleared up and that there can be peace,' she told the publication.

'I talk about this in the book, I think that there might be some misunderstanding between Chris and I as far as the 2016 Oscars. I think that he might’ve taken offense, which I meant no harm in offending. That wasn’t my intention. But I do think that there’s a big misunderstanding there.'

The 2016 drama began when Will didn't receive an Oscar nomination for his role in Concussion. This exclusion coincided with a year where no actors of color were nominated in any acting categories, prompting the emergence of the #OscarsSoWhite movement.

In response, some artists boycotted the awards show in protest, including Jada, who even called for Chris to step down as the host of that year's ceremony.

However, Chris didn't back out and instead made a joke about Jada during the Oscars ceremony, saying, 'Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna's panties – I wasn't invited.'

Looking back, Jada said she said she was 'not really recognizing the level of pressure [Chris] might’ve been under' at the time.

'I probably should have called him and gone, ‘Hey, are you okay? And just know that although I’m speaking out about the Oscars, I do wish you the best and I just want you to know that,’ me taking the time to have called him and said that, just to touch base,' she old People. 'But his feelings might’ve been hurt.'

She said the pair apologized to each other shortly after the 2016 incident, but they hadn't spoken until the 2022 Oscars fiasco, where Chris tried to apologize again, this time for the bald joke, per Jada.

'Chris came down to the end of the stage and tried to apologize to me. He said, "I didn't mean you any harm." I said, "I can't talk about this now, Chris. This is some old s---."'

As for her reaction to the joke, Jada said, 'I mean, that’s what comedians do.'

'I would just have to say that I am not really here to make any judgment on how people decide to express themselves and express their art. I’ll say that several times I’ve had my feelings hurt, for sure. I’ve had my feelings hurt a lot by Chris. But at the end of the day, too, being in the spotlight, it comes with the territory.'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12619803/amp/Jada-Pinkett-Smith-claims-Chris-Rock-ASKED-amid-Smith-divorce-rumors-Oscars-slap-reveals-separated-7-years.html

3 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Taylor94: 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
Asking a married woman out

Shebi they said fvcking a married woman brings bad luck abi na only for Africa e dey happen

Remembered one time I toasted a married woman she didn’t even tell me she was married

I later knack her several times till she told me she was actually married

Omo the fear of badluck make me go use one liter of fuel wash my penniss

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by mariovito(m): 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2023
This ghoulish spectre of a woman is a good example of a gaslighter that men must avoid.

Will just dey fall hand.

A man should be firm in his relationships, have his emotions in check and know when to call it quits.

118 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Allardyce: 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
Now we know where the “Oscar” slap originated from.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Rayban26: 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
this woman too dey lie. God for bid. how person carry this one make am wife? will smith is inside a bottle abeg.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Chijeep(m): 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
all these black people abroad self... cry
Always causing nuisance over there.
TOMORROW NOW SOMEONE WILL BE SHOUTING "BLACK LIVES MATTERS" AS IF MOST OF THEM ARE REALLY MAKING POSITIVE IMPACT

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Fundingpro33: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
Good
Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Olachase(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
Abeg na the woman be that for that picture? 😏😏

Her mind no go touch ground

That word get meaning for Yoruba 🤭🤭

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Analyst7: 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
Waiting for gullible girls to gulp this zobo

1 Like

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Jokerman(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
So that was why Will slapped Chris then,not because of the remark 😵‍💫

6 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by RPG2020(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
Taylor94:

Shebi they said fvcking a married woman brings bad luck abi na only for Africa e dey happen

Remembered one time I toasted a married woman she didn’t even tell me she was married

Omo for the fear of badluck make me go use one liter of fuel wash my penniss

You are a simp there is nothing anybody can tell me about you grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by KingTom(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
Taylor94:

That is why you're senselessgrin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by MrAgbako: 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
Oh Jada please shut up!.
I wish I can pay the nearest person close to you to say that to your face right now.

Shameless shame 😂

23 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Sebastine1994(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
What kind of stupid woman is this?

People dey marry anyhow thing

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by siofra(f): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
People were saying it, but these useless misogynistic men that are bent on calling Will Smith a simp refused to see it.

He made that tasteless "joke" to get back at her for rejecting him. It wasn't a harmless joke and Will Smith was right to slap the fool angry

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Bliss52: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
Na wa oo

Only you Tupac, Will Smith, That toyboy August Alsina and Chris Rock

18 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Angelfrost(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
The last time this woman granted such an interview, she nearly ruined that man's career...!

After being partly instrumental to him ruining the biggest night of his career, she still granted such interview again!

Sigh... Will Smith has just been retired from acting. Tueh!

What a pity...! I will never fully understand what Will did to offend this woman... Abi, he indirectly had a hand in Tupac's death?!! Cos I don't get why a wife or soon-to-be ex-wife will take so much joy in destroying her husband of over 2 decades whenever she is interviewed.

Na wa o. This kain one chance wey Will enter like this... Does he not have close friends and family that can have his back and shut this woman up?!!

By the way.... Seun and Nairaland, how come the news of Davido and Chioma having twins has not graced front page?!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
Can this washed up Hollywood hag sink any lower?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by LalastiklaIa(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
Will Smith is a walking dead because of this atutupuyoyo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Juanmike(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
Taylor94:

No wonder you are sterile

7 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by DamnnNiggarr: 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2023
shocked

I wonder what these guys see in this Skelet*n.

I'll forever be appreciative to God for giving me a beauty goddess for a wife.

3 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Finestgurlie(f): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2023
this woman na ashawo

4 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by BoldBrainz(m): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2023
😂.

And so? Even if we decide to believe that he did, is he the first man to ask a married woman out? The small boy who gave you "emotional entanglements", did he not ask you and did you not say yes?

Why are we even seeing this woman's masculine and toxic face on the front page today?!

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Bliss52: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2023
Taylor94:

Omo the fear of badluck make me go use one liter of fuel wash my penniss

No wonder you used your own luck to spoil Peter Obi's campaign

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by GoldenJAT(m): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2023
Make them rest abeg!!! On a serious note though! This woman make me fear women the More!!! Her jazz man no b here

6 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by tuoyoojo(m): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2023
Let this be a clarion call to men

Avoid women like that

They would destroy anything to get the spotlight on them

4 Likes

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by baralatie(m): 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
Red red wine
Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Finestgurlie(f): 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
Bliss52:

No wonder you used your own luck to spoil Peter Obi's campaign
Tinubu is a criminal

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by verraV: 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
I don't blame nature
Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by MykellOni(m): 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
A
Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Waterlilly: 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
short people sometimes act like witch

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out by Rayban26: 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:
😂.

And so? Even if we decide to believe that he did, is he the first man to ask a married woman out? The small boy who gave you "emotional entanglements", did he not ask you and did you not say yes?

Why are we even seeing this woman's masculine and toxic face on the front page today?!

the thing tire me oo, imagine your wife fucking your sons friend and you still think say you get wife will smith na disgrace to everything related manhood abeg

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stephanie Okereke Linus Celebrates Her 39th Birthday Today / Tboss Shares Cute Photo With Her Daughter / Who Is The Funniest Of These 4 Nigerian Actors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.