Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief (7535 Views)

Bernice King, Jidenna, Others Ask Buhari To Release Jailed Protesters / Tough Policies: IMF, World Bank Take Over Nigeria’s Economy - TribuneOnline / Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by israelmao(m): 6:58am On Oct 12, 2023
IMF should not grant Nigeria a debt relief because this will only encourage another round of looting spree, let our so-called political leaders think out of the box and find solutions to our economic problems.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Cassandraloius: 7:00am On Oct 12, 2023
Why is Nigeria making me weak😒
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Tetraozonaitera: 7:04am On Oct 12, 2023
Thieves go go take loan enrich themselves and family. Time to pay Dem go they beg for relief.

African politicians are supposed to be lynched one by one.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by F117nighthawk: 7:05am On Oct 12, 2023
Criminals,return the ones u have looted or stolen out of the borrowed money,IMF and WORLD BANK no be father christmas
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by israelmao(m): 7:08am On Oct 12, 2023
post=126350606:
God save Nigeria 🇳🇬

Your darling father,Buhari plunged Nigeria into irrecoverable debt.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Racoon(m): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2023
Nigeria is still asking World Bank for loans
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by BeauBragnar11: 7:20am On Oct 12, 2023
happney65:
H

Drop your comment bro....we don reach FP. angry
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Offpoint1: 7:23am On Oct 12, 2023
post=126350606:
God save Nigeria 🇳🇬
God should save Nigeria you contributed in ruining? Dey play.

Their request will be turned down, APC regime must pay all debt they incurred.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by SoNature(m): 7:28am On Oct 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Shameless criminals!

If those lending countries prioritised corruption over decent leadership values, where una for dey see the money borrow?

They'll get that debt relief now and still go ahead to take more loans in the name of infrastructural development.

That's why I like the Chinese government. If you say you need money for infrastructural projects, their companies will build it for you while you pay the loan over time.

Those lending institutions should stop giving out money like that to Nigeria's corrupt government. DFID and USAID have also stopped giving money to Nigerian government. This is the way to go about these things.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Sirianese: 7:30am On Oct 12, 2023
NwaNimo1:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-others-ask-imf-world-bank-for-debt-relief/

They should be asking China for debt relief instead, see how far they get with that...money that was borrowed and stolen

Fools
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by slowice(m): 7:33am On Oct 12, 2023
Government takes loan of billions of dollars, corrupt politicians like agbado, atiku, Buhari, wike, apkpabio, Dino, gbaja etc loot the funds add looted funds from oil and gas and send it back to the west for safe keeping.

The circle continues.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by PHIPEX(m): 7:34am On Oct 12, 2023
Wreckless spenders.

I worked for my money, saved some for the future. You came to beg me to lend you, went and used it in unproductive ventures then return to tell me you can't pay back. Do you think I don't know how to waste money too?

You borrowed to finance Rail line to Niger Republic, Lagos to Ibadan and other wasteful ventures now you can't pay back. You ignored the route that has the highest number of travellers per day and has the capacity to afford the fare (Eastern routes), Now you are begging for debt forgiveness. If I were the banks, I would confiscate Aso Rock, maybe you will have sense next time
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Cholison(m): 7:46am On Oct 12, 2023
See where Buhari disastrous outing has landed the giant. Please go and collect your money from Bubu
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Moikiitos: 7:47am On Oct 12, 2023
They should pay it. That's how they get themselves rich. You know how to borrow but no repayment plan.

Taylor94:
No forget any debt

Make them pay am

Stupid government
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Sofistcatdmoron: 7:48am On Oct 12, 2023
After them don use the money Bleep olosho
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Oakenshield: 7:49am On Oct 12, 2023
To borrow again
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Eriggs: 7:56am On Oct 12, 2023
Offpoint1:

God should save Nigeria you contributed in ruining? Dey play.

Their request will be turned down, APC regime must pay all debt they incurred.
The one your family go pay abi?
Palm wine tapper
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Bfly: 7:58am On Oct 12, 2023
Always getting bad debt at the expense of the masses. We must pay cos the masses still has nothing nothing.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by bayelsaowei(m): 8:02am On Oct 12, 2023
Hahahaha...useless leaders
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by seguno2: 8:04am On Oct 12, 2023
Babangidapikin:
Even if they cancel the whole debt, we will still end up in debts in ten years

Na so o.
Did Obasanjo not get debt cancellation before Buhari and APC plunged us into more debt?

Without building capacity to repay, through capitalist private sector manufacturing and services sector, based on free education for all children, why should our debt be forgiven?

We need to experience what Greece and Argentina experienced when they defaulted on their debts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Offpoint1: 8:05am On Oct 12, 2023
Eriggs:

The one your family go pay abi?
Palm wine tapper
If you, APC leaders, azzlickers and card members can't repay all debts you incurred... Y'all should be sold to Chinese as slaves and the money use for paying up the lenders
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Blitzking: 8:13am On Oct 12, 2023
NwaNimo1:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-others-ask-imf-world-bank-for-debt-relief/
Remember when Obasanjo helped us ease some debts. Was very happy that day but I knew it was going to be shortlived when I saw the caliber of ppl leading us. They milked the treasury dry by going to other nations like us..UK and dubai..uae to buy properties plunging us back into debt now they want us to go and beg again. It's good but if our debt is relieved in the hand of a wise set of ppl in the helms of affairs that would be the beginning of our liberation..what is killing us now is because ppl no longer feel at ease with this country they do anything to save up some millions of naira they pursue limited amount of dollars which invariably weakens the naira..its a vicious cycle..if we take some hard decisions as a country like some African nations are currently doing to the west we would be hated. Cos they don't want our liberation.when guys from Niger asked france ambassador to leave u could see how reluctant he was.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Lawalemi(m): 8:18am On Oct 12, 2023
Handwork of Buhari.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by CodeTemplar: 8:25am On Oct 12, 2023
Occultic style. Use the small pikin star shine, enjoy the money then claim the crumbs for the victims was everything there is. Otumokpor formula.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Adolfnigeria: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2023
Jokers, after embezzling the money and spending it recklessly on consumption.

Belle do full, to pay now dey worry you.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Smartguyboy(m): 8:44am On Oct 12, 2023
As long as you took they money you will remain poor , they don’t allow poor nation to use the money to develop their poor nation they encourage politicians to share the money so the country will remain in they debt for years as slave .
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Landmine1: 8:53am On Oct 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Loans that are back in the vaults of banks in stinkingly corrupt EU, UK and US. Smh
why aren't our own politicians corrupt enough to save in vaults and borrow out to others? Only good in wastage and spending.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 12, 2023
NwaNimo1:

Bunch of bad debtors. To later borrow more and loot. What a treadmill. Hello Agbadorians? How market? Are you aware your favorite bag of pure water is now between N300 - N400 depending on location? I know most of you have ported to tap water but will still log on to free wifi with you low battery by default phones and sing praises of your nemesis. My people kumuma talk say person wey dem flog 2 stroke of cane wey talk say na one dem flog am, the other one dey give am sifia pains.
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by wizelink(m): 9:00am On Oct 12, 2023
Debt relief if given would that stop you from borrowing unsustainably in future? I know how Nigerian citizens were happy when Paris club wrote off our debt in early 2000. Now we are deep-necked into huge debt again and what those borrowed monies were used for can't be accounted for. Make them pay and that go make dem learn in a hard way, thus, think outside the box on how to manage their scarce resources and still enhance economic development.
The problem with developing nations is corruption and bad governance (greedy politicians).
Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by Aybiochem: 9:44am On Oct 12, 2023
Just be borrowing money without restrain

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How President Buhari Disgraced Nigeria (photos ) / Breaking: Man Falls 3500ft From Plane And Scatter- Photos / Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.