Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu (20074 Views)

Where Yoruba And Igbo Peoples Meet - Ugbodu, Delta State. / Nigeria's National Anthem In Yoruba Language / Igala Language In Anambra State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by RedboneSmith(m): 1:08am On May 19, 2017
igbodefender:

Lol. I also find some of your conclusions on Igbo history abhorrently absurd due to their repulsive, deepseated, Chamberlainic and velociraptor-like insularity, their apparent intolerance, condescending appearance and short and turned up substance delivery as elucidated by certain outlandish exagerations which you have obviously plucked out of the realms of outlandish fantasy.

The obdurate worldview that sustained the notion that the world was flat when it eventually turned out it was always round should be reproved without apologies whenever it seeks to stultify human progress and the exchange of ideas and truth. But then, freedom of thought and speech are your right, Bruv.

All the thesaurus-sourced words ain't gonna make you sound more intellectual, mate. Sit down. grin

3 Likes

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Nobody: 2:37am On May 19, 2017
RedboneSmith:

All the thesaurus-sourced words ain't gonna make you sound more intellectual, mate. Sit down. grin
What constructive intellectual contributions do you make to discussions aside from fossilized critisism? It's becoming stale. Not by force to type.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Probz(m): 2:49am On May 19, 2017
You can quit with the forced Oxford English still. There's no need.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by ChinenyeN(m): 3:12am On May 19, 2017
OMANBALA1:
Agu,longest time. How body?
Nnaa, body dey. E dey balanced. You kwa?

RedboneSmith:
I believe Igbodefender may have meant to direct that post to me. Whoever is using the handle is likely still under the presumption that you are me, based off the post that brought me back to this thread after all this time.

1 Like

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Nobody: 11:56am On May 19, 2017
ChinenyeN:

Nnaa, body dey. E dey balanced. You kwa?

I believe Igbodefender may have meant to direct that post to me. Whoever is using the handle is likely still under the presumption that you are me, based off the post that brought me back to this thread after all this time.
If some people don't mention Igbodefender in a day they won't rest. Na wa!
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 19, 2017
Probz:
You can quit with the forced Oxford English still. There's no need.
One man's 'forced English' is another man's normal English. No need to force what comes naturally.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Probz(m): 12:10pm On May 19, 2017
Nah. Sounds like you sourced every word with a dictionary. Do you think even educated oyibo people talk that kind grammar naturally?
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 19, 2017
Probz:
Nah. Sounds like you sourced every word with a dictionary. Do you think even educated oyibo people talk that kind grammar naturally?
You can take it from me that the repudiation flowed spontaneously out of a wellspring of righteous indignation at the deleterious influence of prejudices and fossilized worldviews on what should ordinarily be refined scholarly discourse.

I have never been a big fan of linguistic affectation.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Probz(m): 12:29pm On May 19, 2017
igbodefender:

You can take it from me that the repudiation flowed spontaneously out of a wellspring of righteous indignation at the deleterious influence of prejudices and fossilized worldviews on what should ordinarily be refined scholarly discourse.

grin grin
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by RedboneSmith(m): 12:31pm On May 19, 2017
igbodefender:

What are you compensating for?

You sound like all those, "I lift my golden pen from the basket of love blah blah blah ocean of well-being blah doxology" letters I used to see in our maid's drawers in the '80s/'90s.

2 Likes

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 19, 2017
RedboneSmith:

What are you compensating for?

You sound like all those, "I lift my golden pen from the basket of love blah blah blah ocean of well-being blah doxology" letters I used to see in our maid's drawers in the '80s/'90s.
This is a time and platform for sublime discussions and not puerile mudslingings. I lift my golden pen to extend a hand of peace. Mind you, this is not from your maid's drawers. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? / Help With Ibibio Translations Please. / 32 Crowned Obas In Ibadan Is Just A Joke Carried Too Far — Olubadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.