Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? (2944 Views)

Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. / Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Nigerians, This Is Becoming Worrisome ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Gbadebo19(m): 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2023
So, my situation is that of a fresh graduate looking to gather the required convocation fee of around 50k that is slated for this coming saturday (21st october). After running helter skelter and gathering about 28k, i decided to approach this construction site on campus. After explaining my plight, i was told to come very early today. I reached the place around 7am and work began in earnest. Being a house plastering work, i was supposed to serve two masters with mortar. It was a multi storey building and we worked on the 3rd floor. This means i would carry sand and cement and also fetch water from the outside ground floor up to the third floor, mix it thoroughly and distribute it to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Gbadebo19(m): 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2023
Normally, the daily quota is that one master would plaster two sides. This means that the two masters i served would cover an entire room. The masters would be paid 4k each while the labourer would be paid 3k. Being aware that time was against me in making payment for my convocation, i worked exceedingly fast to their amazement (they actually didnt know that i was used to the job). As we started very early, we finished our daily quota around 12pm. They suggested we move to the next room and i agreed. For me, if we are able to finish it, i would earn double. I was glad that if i am able to do this for 5 straight days, my problem would be solved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Gbadebo19(m): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2023
We finished the second room at about 6pm. After washing the instruments and myself, they handed me 3k. I said we did double work and rather than respond, these people lighted weed and walked away daring me to follow them. After smoking, they asked me if i would come tomorrow, i did not reply and picked up my bag and left. But the truth is that i dont have a choice. I am contemplating calling it quits after the daily quota tomorrow but what if they pay me only half or refuse to pay at all. Imagine earning 8k each and still ripping 3k off an innocent labourer despite explaining my plight to them. I am seriously frustrated.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Wujio: 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2023
Don't return there the next day. Don't you value your life. The Lord will make provision. Go find somewhere else and next time do not reveal the state of your need so you don't appear desperate. Just tell people the country is hard and you don't want to stay idle and need a job and let the communication end there. Do not go any further !? Don't expose yourself excessively, you'll be handed the short end of the stick!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Wujio: 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
Ask for help here. Put your account. 1,000 Naira ten persons and you are closer to the goal. After all, we want our online family member to be a graduate cheesy

Where is ahnie. Oya o. Come donate

Where is Oyindidi

Where is frozen70

Mothers in the house, una first o!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Caleb15(m): 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2023
It is everywhere my brother

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Authoreety: 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2023
Lol, they think they are doing you... They just heaped curses on them selves

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by blaquebelle: 12:38am On Oct 14, 2023
Unilorin right
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Gbadebo19(m): 1:37am On Oct 14, 2023
blaquebelle:
Unilorin right
My brother, as if you are there with me. Yes. It is unilorin.
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by confidant: 2:08am On Oct 14, 2023
Drop your account number

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Boogyman557: 3:39am On Oct 14, 2023
nn
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Gbadebo19(m): 5:35am On Oct 14, 2023
confidant:
Drop your account number
Thank you very much. Polaris bank 3028060745
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by b3llo(m): 6:14am On Oct 14, 2023
Streets is not funny but cold. God bless the G that asked for your account number. Confidant you are a real G

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Miracle112(m): 6:19am On Oct 14, 2023
When is the deadline for the payment ?
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Gbadebo19(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2023
Miracle112:
When is the deadline for the payment ?
No date is officially stated but convocation is 21st. All we know is that it must be paid before the convocation day. Thus deadline cant be more than 20th.
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by aylive02(m): 6:34am On Oct 14, 2023
May God provide for you. It will never be well with them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by CooldipoMPS: 6:42am On Oct 14, 2023
Gbadebo19:

My brother, as if you are there with me. Yes. It is unilorin.

Can we have someone in UNILORIN follow this case up? They will do worse to another person unfortunate to find himself in a similar situation. We can say an injury to one is an injury to all. What is UNILORIN becoming? One of their IJMB tutors was just accused of sleeping with underage girls against their wish, this is yet another injustice by Mason employed work on the site within the campus. As much as I wish people would continue with the donations because you obviously need help. I wish we get to the bottom of this, the bricklayers are working for a contractor so they can be held accountable, if they are not put in their place, they will be another armed criminal in society if they are not one already.

UNILORIN VC
UNILORIN Student Affairs
UNILORIN SUG
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Josbreed: 7:24am On Oct 14, 2023
Return to the site, but this time around, you should be slow with the work and earn your normal 3k
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by absoluteSuccess: 8:22am On Oct 14, 2023
Josbreed:
Return to the site, but this time around, you should be slow with the work and earn your normal 3k

No Baba, don't repeat the same mistake twice, when in dare need, try your best trick, then the next best trick and on and on till you get to the worst trick, you will be amazed what life have in stock for you inbetween trying.

But if you continue on the same silly trick over and over, you will be stranded. You have to keep failing forward to succeed. Those guys continue on the old trick for so long and got stranded, using weed to suppress their sorrow.

Celebrate your failure so you will not repeat it again, then you have conquered that nonsense stumbling block on your way to success. I understand Nigerians are typically wicked, but this scenario don't apply to it.

If you seek help in the wrong place, go try it in the most kindly country in the world, you won't get help. Those guys needed help more than you do: because you are already ahead of them. So how do you want them to help you at this low ebb of the survival wrung?

We keep failing to nail it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Luckysbab: 8:28am On Oct 14, 2023
CooldipoMPS:

Can we have someone in UNILORIN follow this case up? They will do worse to another person unfortunate to find himself in a similar situation. We can say an injury to one is an injury to all. What is UNILORIN becoming? One of their IJMB tutors was just accused of sleeping with underage girls against their wish, this is yet another injustice by Mason employed work on the site within the campus. As much as I wish people would continue with the donations because you obviously need help. I wish we get to the bottom of this, the bricklayers are working for a contractor so they can be held accountable, if they are not put in their place, they will be another armed criminal in society if they are not one already.

UNILORIN VC
UNILORIN Student Affairs
UNILORIN SUG

How exactly is this a Unilorin problem?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Ensa777(f): 9:34am On Oct 14, 2023
What is convocation fees anyway?Why force it on students?Even if it's compulsory,is the AMT not too much,I mean that's some fed uni school fees?
I was on honeymoon during my convocation and didn't come.It didn't stop me from collecting my result and transcript.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Ensa777(f): 9:36am On Oct 14, 2023
H

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Omoawoke2(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2023
Gbadebo19:
Normally, the daily quota is that one master would plaster two sides. This means that the two masters i served would cover an entire room. The masters would be paid 4k each while the labourer would be paid 3k. Being aware that time was against me in making payment for my convocation, i worked exceedingly fast to their amazement (they actually didnt know that i was used to the job). As we started very early, we finished our daily quota around 12pm. They suggested we move to the next room and i agreed. For me, if we are able to finish it, i would earn double. I was glad that if i am able to do this for 5 straight days, my problem would be solved.

Poverty breeds wickedness

Poverty and wickedness are synonymous

People that grew up to share beds, share a plate of food with many siblings and fight dirty over little things, you think people wont be wicked when life has shown them shege
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Khyrvxjzy: 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2023
Gbadebo19:

Bricklaying has quota. They just wont let you know especially if they have collected it as a contract (such as building a whole house or plastering a whole house). When the work is not given to them as a whole, they will work slowly and not do more than the daily quota so as to drag the work to the maximum number of days possible. If given to them as a whole, they will work more than is necessary so that they can finish the project quickly and apply for the next available one. It is in this way that they use labourers beyond necessary and rip them off without them knowing and term it as daily work. For block laying, it is 70 to 80 blocks for 9 inches while it is 100 for 6 inches. For plastering, it is two sides per master.

i think you just answer my question 80block and 100 3k, so i think they cheated you

as per negotiation between bricklayer and owner is none of your business, if they collect trillions it their money

i pray God provide for op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Gbadebo19(m): 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

i think you just answer my question 80block and 100 3k, so i think they cheated you

as per negotiation between bricklayer and owner is none of your business, if they collect trillions it their money

i pray God provide for op
The cheating was against me not against the owner. Even if they decided to do 2 day's work in one day, there is no problem as long as a good job is done. The cheating is that the labourer is entitled to an equivalent of 2 day's pay having worked double.
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by hrhobi1(m): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2023
Drop account ye ye fowl dey waste time
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by Gbadebo19(m): 1:01pm On Oct 14, 2023
hrhobi1:
Drop account ye ye fowl dey waste time
Thanks to everyone who has offered an advice. I must also bring it to notice that Someone has also been generous and helped in alleviating the problem. I will be grateful if you wish to add to it. Polaris Bank, 3028060745. Thanks.
Re: Why Are Nigerians This Wicked? by ecomalchemistt(m): 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2023
Send your account number privately on WhatsApp please, thank you.

Check my sign or thread for my WhatsApp number !

3 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paterson Zochonis Plc Recruiting / British Petroleum Job Offer / Job Vacancies In The Music Industry - Victoria Island Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.