Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,616 members, 7,827,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (15440 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by nick50(m): 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2023
SeriouslySense:
God also wants us to meet together, to assmeble and he says, where two or more are gathered in his name, he is there.

...God never said we must gather to make heaven..do the right thing n leave d rest for God..even Abraham never been to church..stop deceiving urself and others
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by izubext007: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2023
Stop go to church wen I discover alot immorality going under way amongst married women
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Gboom: 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2023
Myer:
Sundays are usually set aside for church, to worship and praise God.

-So many still derive pleasure in going to church despite life's challenges.
-Yet so many have stopped going to church due to one reason or the other.

If you fall in the second category, kindly share why you stopped going to church.
Let's encourage one another in love.

The answers to our questions and the solution to our problems are in the Presence of God- in our personal secret place and the gathering of saints.

Meanwhile, let's prep for service.
Prayers are still being answered.
Spirit of end time is evident, and many are lovers of themselves than lovers of God including the so called men of God who are wolves in sheep clothing.

Meanwhile church is still a place of refuge especially if you come from this our African setting

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by dosage150(m): 12:03am On Oct 16, 2023
Alearna:
Cos I've been chronically depressed.
May you find peace

Please you can talk with someone whom you trust
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by CloudTrees(f): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2023
Smartgeek:
Àbí weyrey l'eléyìí ni? cheesy cheesy cheesy
No I am not
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by rapheal5(m): 9:41am On Oct 16, 2023
Georgejeez:
Ever since it became clear that it's actually Family business , I have not stepped my foot in any Religious business centre .

Imagine a father sidelining all the experienced , Godly pastors who started the church with him to appoint his Worldly tattoo and dada carrying wayward son as the Head Pastor , all because he doesn't want the key to the Church purse to leave his household ..
so because he has dada he's not worthy to be a pastor, what if he's more spiritually sound than all the so called old Foundational pastors...
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Myer(m): 9:56am On Oct 16, 2023
Zee0007:
I want to go but I am very broke. Nothing dey my side. I am waiting on God to tell one of his sons to ask for my acct no and give me a miracle alert.

Noticed you have been asking for financial assistance here.
Truth is virtually everybody is going through one financial challenge right now more than ever.

I checked your FB page, meaning you have some digital skills.
Why not go and offer your service some where or online and get paid for it?
There are so many places in need of extra hands. You can even intern some where or online from an established person you follow or admire.
Learn for free in exchange for your service.

There's dignity in service/labor. I hope some one's heart is touched to assist you here as well.
Please with so much churches in Nigeria right now, it's hardly possible for tp to be a justifiable excuse.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by ericmor: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2023
Icarus99:
Pastor say we don finish bible

Lol. Funny girl
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by EniHolar(f): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2023
imoh4king:

See ur life. Nairaland inside Church... I know say na romance section you dey read inside Church.

Your mouth ehn... Is the post made on romance section

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by EniHolar(f): 11:33am On Oct 16, 2023
Ferdinandu:
And be pressing phone. O ye hypocrite come join us at home grin

I'm married to Jesus
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by EniHolar(f): 11:33am On Oct 16, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Snap, let me see you in your church outfit

He no fine 🤪
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by KingRoiz(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2023
God bless you Oga... God bless.

I'm not saying all churches are perfect ar near perfect aside the fact that humans will always be humans like some pastors being - men of God. So? If in a church some folks are in error it is the men that are in error than should be held to account not the church.

I usually ask , is it because the Muslims don't publicize thier programmes, services and head slamming activities online and offline?

Is Christianity or are Christians more politically aware as Muslims and others even traditionalists and occultic settings? That makes it that if a church says something about politics now..boom, wahaluuuurr for that church, clowns will start the "church should be non- partisan bla bla" but no one says mosques should be non partisan. As political as they are the more ..

Or are the Muslims ( that are always looking for peaceful environments to enact themselves in and later commit themselves to deplore such societies till peace goes into oblivion) doing a better economic development and GDP growth functions?

As "bad" as many egocentric and pessimistic folks put all their efforts to make the church look how many Muslim schools have changed societies to better places or made better people , how many occult organizations have produced great men and women who can boldly say "It is this sect that made me the better version of myself"?

When Islamic sects are hell bent on killings , resettling and renaming people's communities / settlements as their extremist religion demands why don't people like the OP go and stay in those environments and make posts to antagonize those operations?

Is it because our fathers accepted the discipline of Christianity and by extension we are enjoying so much peace? Now that gives most of us the right to abuse the privilege? Yes, it's their fault cos if you were living in war torn societies based on other people's religious extremism you won't have the nerve to look at how to make an error in some Christian circles look more offensive that they may seem.

Are you telling me that in a country like Nigeria where over 70% of it's wealth is siphoned to the Northern region is so because of churches? Yet, the non political northerners are the poorest or so it seems... Religious cleansing happening to irritate the high heavens and it's church that is the problem abi? In these peoples opinion...

"Church is this, church is that", but believe me if those churches weren't there you'll not be anywhere near safe.

I have many selected Muslim friends,good people so far they aren't extremists we're good so it's not that I'm against what you worship don't just offend mine.

People talk about China, Saudi, Singapore etc that they aren't so prayerful yet are so progressive... Ok na, let's start killing politicians , pastor's , Imams, teachers, etc who are corrupt and fraudulent like those nations do and bet me and see if Nigeria won't be 200 times better than those countries. Can you survive in those countries with the criminality you exhibit in Nigeria? A contract is awarded and full mobilization paid and the contract is never executed nor completed, but that person will come Contest election and deranged folks will vote the thief in, ordinary NEPA will operate fraudulent bills and no one is jailed for that? You give a tailor your cloth to sew and pay in full and he elopes and is not properly and lawfully punished? A drug Barron serial forger is your National and International disgraceful fake leader and people are turning a blind eye to what decays Nigeria and impoverishes It? NASS is spending Billions to buy Cars for clowns who already have high powered SUVs and we're acting surprised that the church is supposed to do what?

NATIONS FAIL BECAUSE LEADERSHIP FAILS at all levels and church is too small to change all that.

We need to be balanced in our criticism and stop all these church rants... Look at some headings ,and you'll know hell writes them just to make the church look bad. Yet 10% of crimes committed in Mosques and some shines , if you know it you will leave the country. Some climes it is normal to rape ,to cannibalize and all sorts of unimaginable things but it's ONLY church that is a problem. Smh.

God bless those who have a balanced opinion of things. Not lopsided folks who look for how to make the church worse that some may be.

SAMBARRY:
As much as I don't like attacking or criticizing churches,I have a feeling that that is the purpose of this thread because if not so why this thread of all days, sunday.meanwhile as irritating as Muslims can be with their violent and unruly tendencies,you Will never see them badmouthing where they go to slam their head.even they themselves know that they are toxic to each other but you will never see them opening their yansh for the world to see.yes they're overbearing but they have unity of purpose and know how to cover each others bs.

Christians it's enough stop running down churches and pastors.yes we have bad eggs amongst pastors making Christianity seem like a joke but dragging them every Sunday will change nothing.going to church is a personal decision.if you want to go,go,if you don't want to go you can rest at home but it's not necessary to state why you chose not to go to church because you owe no one any explanation.christianity is an individual race not a collective journey

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by KingRoiz(m): 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
Then let him prove it.
Or better still he should have proved it since

rapheal5:
so because he has dada he's not worthy to be a pastor, what if he's more spiritually sound than all the so called old Foundational pastors...

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Michael547(m): 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
10mobile:
In my immaturity, I once stopped going to church. The temptation still returns from time to time. My reason was/is that church started looking like a scam. They seem to be far more interested in money than what the Bible says.
Nice observation
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Michael547(m): 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2023
nick50:
I stopped going to church when I learnt that one can still go to heaven without going to church..God himself lives in our heart
Where did you learn that from? I would like to learn. Hit me up on 08167469103
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Michael547(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
emerged01:
I grew up in Baptist church and I later moved to Pentecostal church. While I was enjoying the new doctrine,the exposure and motivational packages, at some point all things I was enjoying began to leave me hungry for the true word of God which I found missing as I tried connecting back to my root by moving from one Pentecostal church to another.
Gradually,the zeal,the passion for church dropped amidst my struggle for bread of life,confusion in doctrines among the bodies of christ killed the passion "patapata". Till now I found no church worth going. Maybe tomorrow I may find because I still wish to go back to church.
Hmmm....I can relate to your experience....well the path to the true church relies on getting to know what the Bible actually teaches. We could discuss the Bible together if you would like to. Hit me up on 08167469103.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by imoh4king(m): 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2023
EniHolar:

Your mouth ehn... Is the post made on romance section

Don't worry, I have forgiven you (becos u r fine small). Go and SIN no more.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Michael547(m): 12:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
sprints1:
freemason are not atheist bro u are right they believe in the grand architect... watch a freemason video and carefully narrated how they operate... they are a cult and are certified builders... that is where the word Mason comes in... there ancestors built angkor Wats... you are nor an atheist if u believe there is a form of God. Atheist are generally believe there is no God anywhere that existence of mankind is unknown and dont want to hear.. You are an agnostic person. Me would have love to but currently broke.. though I believe in universal faith and am semi agnostic... i try to learn every religion and I don't discriminate... I can attend mosque Buddha temple even herbalist lair.
nice explanation.....I admire your open mindedness. Could we discuss about the Bible together. Hit me up on 08167469103

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by iCauseTrouble: 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
I am not complaining. Send via dm
EniHolar:

He no fine 🤪
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Michael547(m): 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
homodarah:
I stop going to church when I lost my wife sometime May I was a very dedicated workers, members of the church has come to me to return back to church but whenever I remembered my wife my spirit is down,I have lost it all I always missed Her all the day.
Sorry about your painful experience.....it's encouraging to know that the Bible gives us the hope of seeing our dead loved ones again....you can chat me up for more information on this topic from the Bible 08167469103
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Michael547(m): 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2023
DiamondPant:

I'm still trying to convince myself that I should go and worship a god who expects me to praise him when things go right and still praise him without asking questions when things go wrong.
The idea that God cannot be questioned Is a false teaching of some churches. There a lot of faithful people in the Bible who asked questions when they witnessed bad things going on around them. If you would like to get get answers to some deep questions that you may have, you can contact me on 08167469103 on whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Myer(m): 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2023
Michael547:
The idea that God cannot be questioned Is a false teaching of some churches. There a lot of faithful people in the Bible who asked questions when they witnessed bad things going on around them. If you would like to get get answers to some deep questions that you may have, you can contact me on 08167469103 on whatsapp.

There's a difference between asking God questions and questioning God.
"God cannot be questioned." This means when He makes a decision or passes a judgment, who can judge him? Who can tell him what he's doing is wrong?

You can only ask him question to know why.

Read the book of Job , you will understand.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by HoneySwag(f): 8:49am On Oct 23, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
Even when I was a Christian the crowd and their activities always bored me. Now I have stepped away from it, it amazes me how I could ever endure such mass delusion.

Christianity and its imported desert god are an unfortunate remnant of colonialism. Once you see the scam it of you will prefer to mop the Atlantic instead of wasting your time in the midst of brainwashed noisemakers.
I'll advise you locate a lighthouse church around you, though there are very few in the country. You could also google search the summit lighthouse and follow their teachings.
Lighthouse churches will help you discover the true reality of God's existence.
Like my commander in our temple will always say "God doesn't need your money". He also tells us that there's no seed you can sow that will shake heaven as these false preachers use such statement to deceive people. Heaven cannot be moved by material things.
Ever since I joined this church, I've come to believe that truly there is God.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Michael547(m): 8:53am On Oct 23, 2023
HoneySwag:

I'll advise you locate a lighthouse church around you, though there are very few in the country. You could also google search the summit lighthouse and follow their teachings.
Lighthouse churches will help you discover the true reality of God's existence.
Like my commander in our temple will always say "God doesn't need your money". He also tells us that there's no seed you can sow that will shake heaven as these false preachers use such statement to deceive people. Heaven cannot be moved by material things.
Ever since I joined this church, I've come to believe that truly there is God.
What about other churches around, don't they teach the truth about God?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by HoneySwag(f): 9:36am On Oct 23, 2023
Michael547:

What about other churches around, don't they teach the truth about God?
They do but they don't practice it. There's a big difference between lighthouse churches and those other churches
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Michael547(m): 9:54am On Oct 23, 2023
HoneySwag:

They do but they don't practice it. There's a big difference between lighthouse churches and those other churches
What are some things that the Christians in lighthouse church does that others don't do? Are there differences in the biblical doctrines of lighthouse church and other churches?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by HoneySwag(f): 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2023
Michael547:

What are some things that the Christians in lighthouse church does that others don't do? Are there differences in the biblical doctrines of lighthouse church and other churches?
Yes their doctrines are different. We read same Bible and also we read the Aquarian gospel of Jesus Christ, which talks about the life of Jesus that wasn't included in the Bible we hold today.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Michael547(m): 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
HoneySwag:

Yes their doctrines are different. We read same Bible and also we read the Aquarian gospel of Jesus Christ, which talks about the life of Jesus that wasn't included in the Bible we hold today.
So which church has the correct doctrine? Or are all the contradicting doctrines correct?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 24, 2023
Gajagojo:
Profit and loss account
No gain

much loss

in common sense,time and money

Best way to free your mind is silence and solitude

Silence and solitude my btother! Too much noise in the world that we have lost the value of silence, meditation and self reflection.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" / ''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / Ibidunni Ighodalo Honoured By Dolapo Osinbajo At Runway Jazz Humanitarian Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.