Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (15449 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Hideaki: 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2023
I believe in paganism and satanism

I see no reason why the christian abrahamic god should relate with the dark prince, the angel of darkness

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Bright2(m): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2023
Eye service for the pastor bishops etc
. Badmouthing each other, politicizing on One another, the rate of sin there is much than I expected , I can't beat them and I refused to join them. Example is the link 👇

https://www.nairaland.com/7877543/nsukka-catholic-bishop-vs-fr#126411197

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by emerged01(m): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Did you receive the Holy Spirit, does not have to mean you spoke in tongues as a prove, but you felt renewed, and Joy.

If you did, then pray to God and read your bibile and ask him to help you understand and discern, and watch various pastors even from other countries and trust me, you will develop your sense of dicernment with the help of God, not by man.

You are seeking mans wisdom, not the wisdom of God, its time to seek God for yourself not mans wonder. Like your pastors in Nigeria want you to think their drama and high voice is sufficient. grin

You missed the all whole point. If you are going to a bible believing church,you will develop bond with the members,from there you have a big family that will always be there to rejoice and mourn with you. The joy of being the midst of strong believers is one reason you have to be in church and also to learn from one another.
Being in a wrong church always come with a burden.

You go to church to make your burden light not to make it heavier.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by tachia406: 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2023
What is Judaism? I don't do religion. I serve Abba Yahuah through the scriptures as instructed.
sageb:

Are you a Judaism follower?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Eriokanmi: 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2023
NACE13:

LOL. Exactly what I thought.
I'll try my best to enjoy my week ahead. Well, I woudn't wanna judge until I get there though. I hope you do the same too.
You just want me to open my mouth abi. I'm not judging anyone. Many churches have turned business centres and I had said this here before, not once. That's not enough reason for a christian to abandon church-going. There are other good churches around.

I read some comments and ignored the remaining part because I didn't need a soothsayer to tell me who those monikers are.

I stopped arguing on religion here the day I corroborated a comment made by a moniker, that, one can actually hear from God, as if someone beside you is talking to you audibly and someone said I must be hallucinating, that it's not possible, that I should check my mental health lol.

I had heard a message meant for someone before and I delivered that message. It happened as if it was a movie I once watched which was being replayed. There was a former
boss if mine, who had leukaemia and I told someone close to him to pray and rebuke it. He refused . He said , you know our boss isn't that deep and he won't take it seriously. 5 months later, he was flown abroad and diagnosed with leukaemia. He eventually died in the UK, sadly. Such a nice man.

As an undergraduate, I had heard that i would be involved in an exam malpractice and it happened. I didn't downplay it cos I knew the way God used to speak and I don't take the privilege for granted. Its a very rare opportunity. But because I had rebuked it with prayers it didn't affect me. It was like when someone is replaying a movie. I didn't say why or how would such ever happen to me, someone called a bookworm with a strong GP?

Those were the few I could remember. For someone to now be telling me I'm hallucinating by being blessed by such a rare gift? It's not worth the argument at all. I had introduced someone who almost lost it here to a man of God. Its a lady. Till now, she's never seen that man of God. He only prayed for her on the phone, she was in doubt at first. Maybe she was expecting someone to ask her for money or sell anointing oil. No single money was requested. She went on fasting and prayer. From the 3rd day, she started seeing changes. This lady came here to testify as she defecated a stone. I don't know her cos I always prefer to be anonymous, especially on NL

If you know whom you believe, you don't have to be arguing with anyone. I had been seeing world leaders long before I became an adult . Today, I've met with many of them, including Barak Obama. I count myself blessed by the gift of God. But to enjoy this, you must stay away from sin. I had no single gf as an undergraduate. It was my books and my God.

By their comments, ye shall know them. That's what brought about my post which you also reacted to in such a sharp manner. Stay blessed.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BXNX: 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2023
joshkke:

Then look for the genuine ones, pls

alright then

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Aybiochem: 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2023
Icarus99:
Pastor say we don finish bible
Beauty you funny quoting me I'm the wrong person in the discussion of religion I won't utter my stance but have fun with religion
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2023
Let me contribute my own quota to the church matter.

My own bombshell...Church is a capital SCAM...Pronto!

All churches uses one form of deception to cajole and hoodwink the congregations into a final submission that God is this, God is that...What God are they talking about by the way? The God of their pockets and stomachs, I guess.

During service, they'll sweet mouth you to drop offering, tithe, another offering and countless offerings and contributions in different guises...All pastors, man of God or whatever you call them, are all scam artists to enrich themselves and their families....They're not far different from politicians, promising you one form of blessings or the other, yet when you need help from them,they'll ignore you and tell you to pray and fast.

Church is a place of show off for new dresses and dance steps...A place where sheeples go to, in order to hunt for partners.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Chibosco(m): 12:25pm On Oct 15, 2023
Myer:
Sundays are usually set aside for church, to worship and praise God.

-So many still derive pleasure in going to church despite life's challenges.
-Yet so many have stopped going to church due to one reason or the other.

If you fall in the second category, kindly share why you stopped going to church.
Let's encourage one another in love.

The answers to our questions and the solution to our problems are in the Presence of God- in our personal secret place and the gathering of saints.

Meanwhile, let's prep for service.
Prayers are still being answered.
church na business now,no be church in the olden day again

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BigBashiru: 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2023
orumba:
Church people are the most wicked people. Period
Why do you say that? Please can you expanciate?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Banbanna(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
That guy na dumbo who lacks simple comprehension. The question was directed @ those who had quit church and their reasons for doing so. And not suggesting that they should quit church as this guy seems to be saying. wink
oranget:

OP dey ment? And you claim to be a child of God. I tire for this generation of Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SAMBARRY: 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2023
MokunfopeAM:

You said Muslims are irritating and start calling them names, that's one thing you'll never hear about Muslims badmouthing or calling christians all sorts of names. Like I still don't know who's more irritatiting
irritating in this context is not to offend anybody, irritating in this context means people who are overbearing and domineering
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by RayRay06677(m): 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2023
97% church leaders are fake or ignorantly doing the wrong thing but excessively pompous that they refuse to learn making me feel it's deliberate and antichrist in nature.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SAMBARRY: 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Its okay to talk about it, rather than hiding it.

Why pretend, and its reality and people should be wiser.

if you go to church or not,you are the one that knows why you went to church.its between you and God,it doesn't concern anybody.in the same vein if you choose not to go to church,you know the reason why you chose not to go to church which is personal and between you and your creator so why must that be a topic for discussion?

It's just like asking people why they went to work or things regular people do,Ko necessary men.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Ajanakuasla: 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2023
The 2023 election exposed many churches leaders and I’m yet to out of their fake prophesies. For believe further lies may not be an easy things
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BeigJawnson(m): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2023
Jbleenk:
I read that at 95% Nigeria is next only to Afghanistan at 98% as the MOST PRAYERFUL COUNTRY in the whole world.

It is not a coincidence that both counties are the most corrupt and two of the fastest decaying countries of the world.

Whereas on the other hand, China at 1%, UK at 6% and Switzerland at 6% are ranked as the LEAST PRAYERFUL COUNTRIES in the whole world.

No surprise.

Ironically, my people in Nigeria are praying, fasting, casting and binding and their Pastors are Prophesying for them to get VISAS to go and slave it out in those foreign, less prayerful countries by adding to their LABOUR FORCE and helping to improve the PRODUCTIVITY in those countries.

My people won't have much space to PRAY when they get to Europe. It is all round work else you don't survive.

We were never like this. We were targeted and railroaded into the situation we find ourselves and the people we have become today.

We were deliberately misguided and pulled out of our various peaceful and less congested locations where we are very productive, and brought or perhaps forced out to live the congested city arrangement where we became much less productive and dependent on the finished goods from the lands of the people who railroaded us into the cities.

We need to reverse the sequence that brought us here

The very first step to take control of our lives is to MAN UP TO THE PEOPLE DOING THESE THINGS TO US.

There is an urgent need for a reversal of the trend of Rural-Urban Migration.

We must become INDUSTRIALIZED and the very start point is massive investment in AGRICULTURE.

The various Governments at state levels must work out ways to decentralize their city centers by at least adding value to the rural communities such that our people can return to rejig our society from the very base.

But we are not doing this.

The controllers of our National life are making certain that RELIGION is permanently on the top burner for us and in our consciousness. They are funding these people you see carrying ÒSÙKÁ on their heads and the PASTORPRENEURS to do what they do.

They are making certain through their activities that AS A PEOPLE we are permanently glued to religion and forever listening to the ADEBOYES of this country.

Pastor Adeboye's recent comment on the ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN crises, calling for prayers for Israel, is enough to reveal his hypocrisy, insincerity.and true self.

These people are agents of NEOCOLONIALISM. I don't think anyone should argue this!

#WeHaveMissedRoad

© Adedamola Adetayo
15 October 2023

Who told you China don't pray? A man serving idols too pray. Indians too pray...
You can tell me Americans don't pray. When they say God bless America, na curse be that?

Our problem in Africa is that we have bad leaders not prayer...

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Softino: 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2023
I Quit going to anything related to church because Christianity is a weak religion, meant for the weak. Islam is the only way. The only religion I can practice now.

Myer:

If you fall in the second category, kindly share why you stopped going to church.

The answers to our questions and the solution to our problems are in the Presence of God- in our personal secret place and the gathering of saints.

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Ferdinandu(m): 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2023
I just realised that I have been deceiving myself, that I don't even believe in most of the things they preach in church, I was just forcing myself to believe them, like going to heaven, like the cock and bull story of Tithes and offering. I only see the smarter persons outsmarting others either to enrich themselves or up their social standing. Even their sole aim of preparing for their life after death, a communal life that is supposed to take care of every member has been discarded a long time ago for oppression on who bought the best cars,best houses, who dresses best, who has the most influence, who has the best spouse and the best children, who receives the most of their imaginary miracles .Everywhere reeks of hypocrisy. I just left the whole brouhaha behind and since then I never felt I missed anything and I have learnt to take care of myself, understanding that successes and failures , pains and joy are all part of life, you will always meet all in your life irrespective of who you are, or who you claim to serve. Above all we all must die and be forgotten

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BeigJawnson(m): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
DiamondPant:

I'm still trying to convince myself that I should go and worship a god who expects me to praise him when things go right and still praise him without asking questions when things go wrong.

And yet that same God is not forcing you at all for anything. If one decides not praise him, thousands infact trillions are on ground to praise Him.

If things doesn't go right, ask Him. You can't expect God to stoop so low to be asking you questions about your life. Even those worshipping idols do go to the shrine to make inquiries about what they are facing in their lives...
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BeigJawnson(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2023
DiamondPant:

I'm still trying to convince myself that I should go and worship a god who expects me to praise him when things go right and still praise him without asking questions when things go wrong.

DiamondPant:

And yet that same God is not forcing you at all for anything. If one decides not praise him, thousands infact trillions are on ground to praise Him.

If things doesn't go right, ask Him. You can't expect God to stoop so low to be asking you questions about your life. Even those worshipping idols do go to the shrine to make inquiries about what they are facing in their lives...
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by traware(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2023
Ferdinandu:
I just realised that I have been deceiving myself, that I don't even believe in most of the things they preach in church, I was just forcing myself to believe them, like going to heaven, like the cock and bull story of Tithes and offering. I only see the smarter persons outsmarting others either to enrich themselves or up their social standing. Even their sole aim of preparing for their life after death, a communal life that is supposed to take care of every member has been discarded a long time ago for oppression on who bought the best cars,best houses, who dresses best, who has the most influence, who has the best spouse and the best children, who receives the most of their imaginary miracles .Everywhere reeks of hypocrisy. I just left the whole brouhaha behind and since then I never felt I missed anything and I have learnt to take care of myself, understanding that successes and failures , pains and joy are all part of life, you will always meet all in your life irrespective of who you are, or who you claim to serve. Above all we all must die and be forgotten
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SAMBARRY: 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2023
Skyview01:

You completely missed the purpose of the thread.

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with muslims. It's a soul searching one where people come out and give reasons why they stopped going to churches.

Churches and mosques are the reasons for the mass decline in critical reasoning in this country.

I like when adults take responsibility for their actions and not blame any pastor and one of the reasons I went to school is to have the requisite capacity to think for myself without relying on any external factor like what pastors say,what society says. blaming pastors or imams for a society that doesn't think critically in itself is not Intelligent.

Na pastor go tell me the types of life choices that I'll make that will better my life? Pastor can only counsel based on their own perspective Na your choice to take it or not and Na your choice to use your brain so don't blame it on any pastor or imam.

Pastor or imam fit tell me sambarry you need to pay your tithes if you want to prosper and that's as far as they can go.them no fit put hand for my pocket make I pay tithes by force so it's left for me to use my brain and know when to detect biblical truth from manipulations (doctrines of men)

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sonofthunder: 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2023
Myer:

Can we have a counter thread on why people started attending church.

Not always we focus on the negative aspects

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Ferdinandu(m): 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2023
Jbleenk:
I read that at 95% Nigeria is next only to Afghanistan at 98% as the MOST PRAYERFUL COUNTRY in the whole world.

It is not a coincidence that both counties are the most corrupt and two of the fastest decaying countries of the world.

Whereas on the other hand, China at 1%, UK at 6% and Switzerland at 6% are ranked as the LEAST PRAYERFUL COUNTRIES in the whole world.

No surprise.

Ironically, my people in Nigeria are praying, fasting, casting and binding and their Pastors are Prophesying for them to get VISAS to go and slave it out in those foreign, less prayerful countries by adding to their LABOUR FORCE and helping to improve the PRODUCTIVITY in those countries.

My people won't have much space to PRAY when they get to Europe. It is all round work else you don't survive.

We were never like this. We were targeted and railroaded into the situation we find ourselves and the people we have become today.

We were deliberately misguided and pulled out of our various peaceful and less congested locations where we are very productive, and brought or perhaps forced out to live the congested city arrangement where we became much less productive and dependent on the finished goods from the lands of the people who railroaded us into the cities.

We need to reverse the sequence that brought us here

The very first step to take control of our lives is to MAN UP TO THE PEOPLE DOING THESE THINGS TO US.

There is an urgent need for a reversal of the trend of Rural-Urban Migration.

We must become INDUSTRIALIZED and the very start point is massive investment in AGRICULTURE.

The various Governments at state levels must work out ways to decentralize their city centers by at least adding value to the rural communities such that our people can return to rejig our society from the very base.

But we are not doing this.

The controllers of our National life are making certain that RELIGION is permanently on the top burner for us and in our consciousness. They are funding these people you see carrying ÒSÙKÁ on their heads and the PASTORPRENEURS to do what they do.

They are making certain through their activities that AS A PEOPLE we are permanently glued to religion and forever listening to the ADEBOYES of this country.

Pastor Adeboye's recent comment on the ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN crises, calling for prayers for Israel, is enough to reveal his hypocrisy, insincerity.and true self.

These people are agents of NEOCOLONIALISM. I don't think anyone should argue this!

#WeHaveMissedRoad

© Adedamola Adetayo
15 October 2023
Well said my brother, instead having a plan for everyone and teaching the people that having a good plan for their life is what is going to assure a good life for them they are all coerced to believe that good life is tied to their religion.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sonmvayina(m): 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2023
Like say

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2023
SAMBARRY:
I like when adults take responsibility for their actions and not blame any pastor and one of the reasons I went to school is to have the requisite capacity to think for myself without relying on any external factor like what pastors say,what society says. blaming pastors or imams for a society that doesn't think critically in itself is not Intelligent.

Na pastor go tell me the types of life choices that I'll make that will better my life? Pastor can only counsel based on their own perspective Na your choice to take it or not and Na your choice to use your brain so don't blame it on any pastor or imam.

Pastor or imam fit tell me sambarry you need to pay your tithes if you want to prosper and that's as far as they can go.them no fit put hand for my pocket make I pay tithes by force so it's left for me to use my brain and know when to detect biblical truth from manipulations (doctrines of men)

That is why many took the responsibility and stopped going to church. If I ever have to go to church again, it would be for social connection only

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Ferdinandu(m): 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
EniHolar:
I'm in church

Please let me concentrate
And be pressing phone. O ye hypocrite come join us at home grin
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by bluefilm: 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2023
frankblinkz:
I was born in a kind of church were you think that it's only us that will make heaven and every other church are not worshipping a true God.
That's how I was program to accept my own church as a Christian,so I asked myself with this were is the love amongst us as christians with other christians.

Last last No pastor is fulfilling the commandments that said thou shall love thy neighbor as thy self.
If you doubt me,Ask if any deeper life pastor can attend a celestial church program obeying their instructions by removing their footwears too,and also a Lord's choosen pastor attend a Catholic adoration program.
Vice versa for other churches.
Pastors keep scattering the bible to suit their own selfish interests.
Pastors keeps investing members money on different businesses.
Owning of schools that members can't afford.
Competition of biggest churches.
Dunamis is highest capacity more than a football stadium.
They now have five services on a Sunday,Ah !! What happened to preaching against lateness to church.
This time don't worry come any time with your offerings.
Pastors make themselves God, compelling women to respect them more than their husbands.
You cannot visit any church in peace,they will ask for first timers and trap them convincing to always come back,so the person don't have a church before coming to yours or what.
Imagine coming to pay me a visit as a pastor without calling to know if I'm around just because your church is still new..
Once it's members are large,they don't remember you exist.
Once they need more money they hold programs with heavy titles for a week.

Inside church you will bring items as gift for pastor,they stay in your presence and resell it.
I swear person fit buy one garden egg for 30k inside church (no be juju be that)

Church is purely a business
Omo work hard and pray to God, your prayers will be answered

You don finish work here with your analysis.

Wehdone Ssh.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by oranget(m): 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2023
Banbanna:
That guy na dumbo who lacks simple comprehension. The question was directed @ those who had quit church and their reasons for doing so. And not suggesting that they should quit church as this guy seems to be saying. wink
You got it, the statement at the end of the write up made it obvious the OP was not suggesting that anyone should quit church.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by WriterX(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2023
So this morning I was about to go to church when I realized I had nothing to use as transport nor offering. Immediately the reasons for missing a Sunday came to mind.

There is no offering, do you want to trek to and fro, do you want to look like the poorest of them all, do you want people to laugh at you?

It took me a few seconds to realize these thoughts were damn good reasons so I responded almost verbally to myself.

"Yes, I want to be all those things if it means been found in the house of my father,"

So consider my shock when I came up on nairaland and some this post knowing I could have had been consoling myself even further with reasons not to go to church.

I didn't get a million naira on my way back, I trekked the distance back home with a smile and sheer joy knowing I was found in his house when I had all the reasons to stay back.

I GOTO CHURCH NOT FOR PEOPLE SAKE, ITS NOT AN ACT TO CRITICIZE OR JUDGE OR COMPARE AND CONTRAST MY ECONOMIC WOES AND SO ON. IT IS JUST TO HAVE A FELLOWSHIP WITH LIKE MINDS IN WORSHIP AND SERVICE TO GOD.

Thanks to those who read, perhaps this was to encourage and enlighten someone here today.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ibidunni Ighodalo Honoured By Dolapo Osinbajo At Runway Jazz Humanitarian Award / Oyedepo's Gaffe And Mbaka's Greed By Deji Yesufu / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.