Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,674 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (15391 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by EniHolar(f): 9:01am On Oct 15, 2023
I'm in church

Please let me concentrate

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by uncleck: 9:02am On Oct 15, 2023
Church na scam

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by 222Martins(m): 9:02am On Oct 15, 2023
grin grin grin Materialism! Materialism!! Materialism!! has taken over the church. It now all about the flow of money from you in your branch to the Church HQ; and even if the members of a branch are dying, money never flows back from Church HQ to the branch where you worship. You are on your own.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by imoh4king(m): 9:04am On Oct 15, 2023
Well, I realised that Church in Nigeria is typically " a money seeking Social Club ".

Mostly focused on " PROSPERITY ".

I still go once in a while before my neighbors will start thinking that I am the one pressing them at night. grin

12 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by nick50(m): 9:04am On Oct 15, 2023
I stopped going to church when I learnt that one can still go to heaven without going to church..God himself lives in our heart

12 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Krisdan(m): 9:05am On Oct 15, 2023
Icarus99:
Pastor say we don finish bible
U wan kill person with laughter 😃 dis Sunday ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Krisdan(m): 9:05am On Oct 15, 2023
imoh4king:
Well, I realised that Church in Nigeria is typically " a money seeking Social Club ".

Mostly focused on " PROSPERITY ".

I still go once in a while before my neighbors will start thinking that I am the one pressing them at night. grin
😁😁
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by imoh4king(m): 9:06am On Oct 15, 2023
EniHolar:
I'm in church

See ur life. Nairaland inside Church... I know say na romance section you dey read inside Church.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by pendragonbladgo(m): 9:06am On Oct 15, 2023
Church Universities are too expensive, so the time I will use to go to church, is better I use it to hustle so I can send my children to school, since my kids can't attend church Universities, why going to give them my time, tithes and offering!

Churches are not helping matter or anything....

Is time to say the truth

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 9:07am On Oct 15, 2023
Because nothing dey dere except hypocrisy and falsehood! See Wetin Pastor Adeboye talk last time about Israel?

Remember Pastor Chris's blunder about Corona virus?

Remember all the election permutations and combinations from the pulpit?

All na scam of probability!

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Uchedizzy(f): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2023
Mine is just pure lazyness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by pendragonbladgo(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2023
EniHolar:
I'm in church

Chaiiii, this one go Church to impress one potential Husband

I no trust Nairalanders at all

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sallysalsa09: 9:08am On Oct 15, 2023
I could not relate to what was being said..
I felt disconnected it was like I was wasting my time. I realise alot of people took Sunday church like a checklist that need to be filled so people know they are good Christians. Now I listen to my heart and Go where God leads me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by degreatstalion: 9:08am On Oct 15, 2023
smiley
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by imoh4king(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2023
nick50:
I stopped going to church when I learnt that one can still go to heaven without going to church..God himself lives in our heart

grin

Abeg, who teach you that theory
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by bluefilm: 9:11am On Oct 15, 2023
BXNX:
i believe most churches are scam!!

ALL not most.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by nick50(m): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2023
imoh4king:

grin

Abeg, who teach you that theory
na ur deeds that will take u to heaven not your church

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Sheistoopretty(f): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2023
Nigerian men keep disturbin me there embarassed embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by emerged01(m): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2023
I grew up in Baptist church and I later moved to Pentecostal church. While I was enjoying the new doctrine,the exposure and motivational packages, at some point all things I was enjoying began to leave me hungry for the true word of God which I found missing as I tried connecting back to my root by moving from one Pentecostal church to another.
Gradually,the zeal,the passion for church dropped amidst my struggle for bread of life,confusion in doctrines among the bodies of christ killed the passion "patapata". Till now I found no church worth going. Maybe tomorrow I may find because I still wish to go back to church.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by chariisGRACE(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2023
Pastors are now trooping into the ministry thing for the bread.

The older ones are now telling lies for the money.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by nick50(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
Nigerian men keep disturbin me there embarassed embarassed
...abi na u dey seduce d pastor n his congregation??

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by condralbedez: 9:12am On Oct 15, 2023
I have not stopped, I only miss out some Sundays due to the Nature of my work.
Watin i gain If I stopped going to church?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by tollyboy5(m): 9:13am On Oct 15, 2023
Church is not a place you go to be yourself. Its a place of getting together and show off.
Fake things everywhere, the only place you would be on a Sunday and don't feel peer pressure or see a lot of fake people pretending to be Godly is your house.
The sisters in church will wan to take you for a fool while they go outside the church to live a promiscuous life.

8 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by CHIOMAEZEH: 9:13am On Oct 15, 2023
Hmm
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by topyhanky(m): 9:14am On Oct 15, 2023
Zee0007:
I want to go but I am very broke. Nothing dey my side. I am waiting on God to tell one of his sons to ask for my acct no and give me a miracle alert.

If you attend church like Christ Embassy your transport fair but to and fro would be sorted trust me....
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by genkins(m): 9:14am On Oct 15, 2023
Myer:
Sundays are usually set aside for church, to worship and praise God.

-So many still derive pleasure in going to church despite life's challenges.
-Yet so many have stopped going to church due to one reason or the other.

If you fall in the second category, kindly share why you stopped going to church.
Let's encourage one another in love.

The answers to our questions and the solution to our problems are in the Presence of God- in our personal secret place and the gathering of saints.

Meanwhile, let's prep for service.
Prayers are still being answered.

Sundays are usually set aside for church, to worship and praise God.

Set aside by who?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by oyeb15: 9:15am On Oct 15, 2023
Church na scam.

If u need money, Pastor will tell you to pray but if Pastor need money, he will tax the members.

Can't he pray too!

12 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by topyhanky(m): 9:16am On Oct 15, 2023
pendragonbladgo:
Church Universities are too expensive, so the time I will use to go to church, is better is use it to hustle so I can send my children to school.

Churches are not helping anything....

Try church like Christ embassy. And am very sure you would thank me for this one day.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by killsmith(f): 9:16am On Oct 15, 2023
Because the church is an oppression tool. All they do is sell nigerians fake hope so that they don't attempt the much needed revolution needed to reset this country.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sageb: 9:16am On Oct 15, 2023
Jbleenk:
I read that at 95% Nigeria is next only to Afghanistan at 98% as the MOST PRAYERFUL COUNTRY in the whole world.

It is not a coincidence that both counties are the most corrupt and two of the fastest decaying countries of the world.

Whereas on the other hand, China at 1%, UK at 6% and Switzerland at 6% are ranked as the LEAST PRAYERFUL COUNTRIES in the whole world.

No surprise.

Ironically, my people in Nigeria are praying, fasting, casting and binding and their Pastors are Prophesying for them to get VISAS to go and slave it out in those foreign, less prayerful countries by adding to their LABOUR FORCE and helping to improve the PRODUCTIVITY in those countries.

My people won't have much space to PRAY when they get to Europe. It is all round work else you don't survive.

We were never like this. We were targeted and railroaded into the situation we find ourselves and the people we have become today.

We were deliberately misguided and pulled out of our various peaceful and less congested locations where we are very productive, and brought or perhaps forced out to live the congested city arrangement where we became much less productive and dependent on the finished goods from the lands of the people who railroaded us into the cities.

We need to reverse the sequence that brought us here

The very first step to take control of our lives is to MAN UP TO THE PEOPLE DOING THESE THINGS TO US.

There is an urgent need for a reversal of the trend of Rural-Urban Migration.

We must become INDUSTRIALIZED and the very start point is massive investment in AGRICULTURE.

The various Governments at state levels must work out ways to decentralize their city centers by at least adding value to the rural communities such that our people can return to rejig our society from the very base.

But we are not doing this.

The controllers of our National life are making certain that RELIGION is permanently on the top burner for us and in our consciousness. They are funding these people you see carrying ÒSÙKÁ on their heads and the PASTORPRENEURS to do what they do.

They are making certain through their activities that AS A PEOPLE we are permanently glued to religion and forever listening to the ADEBOYES of this country.

Pastor Adeboye's recent comment on the ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN crises, calling for prayers for Israel, is enough to reveal his hypocrisy, insincerity.and true self.

These people are agents of NEOCOLONIALISM. I don't think anyone should argue this!

#WeHaveMissedRoad

© Adedamola Adetayo
15 October 2023

Words

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Islamic Slavery In Africa / Why Are Pastor's Children Nonchalant To The Gospel? / Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.