Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (15359 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Eriokanmi: 11:15am On Oct 15, 2023
NACE13:

Your Holiness, from the comfort of your chair, you declared them unbelievers. You already judged them before taking deep thoughts for their various reasons.
What's a lighter word for your Hypocrisy?
I used to be a staunch believer before I started seeing though their BS....just like your comment.
Good luck to you in your new faith or belief. There's no basis for arguments
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by orumba(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2023
Church people are the most wicked people. Period

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2023
Its not an obstacle, just know God for yourself and ignore the drama.

Some people like when people scream and shout and do drama, while others like yourself seek understanding, which is better. But in all things we walk in humlity.

Krisdan:
Most churches now only care about speaking in tongues(whether na lie ko na true I no no)...no more deep spiritual preaching na only bunch of spiritual and physical hypocrites u go dey find 4 church now adays

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2023
In other words, when its your business center. cool

Thats why i ignore many pastors from Nigeria. We know how they work.

I will not explain their character, so they dont get better at hiding, and so its easier to see them.

Winters23:
grin

The only church I will attend is the one I am the president and founder.

Until then I observe from a distance.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by MokunfopeAM: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2023
SAMBARRY:
As much as I don't like attacking or criticizing churches,I have a feeling that that is the purpose of this thread because if not so why this thread of all days, sunday.meanwhile as irritating as Muslims can be with their violent and unruly tendencies,you Will never see them badmouthing where they go to slam their head.even they themselves know that they are toxic to each other but you will never see them opening their yansh for the world to see.yes they're overbearing but they have unity of purpose and know how to cover each others bs.

Christians it's enough stop running down churches and pastors.yes we have bad eggs amongst pastors making Christianity seem like a joke but dragging them every Sunday will change nothing.going to church is a personal decision.if you want to go,go,if you don't want to go you can rest at home but it's not necessary to state why you chose not to go to church because you owe no one any explanation.christianity is an individual race not a collective journey

You said Muslims are irritating and start calling them names, that's one thing you'll never hear about Muslims badmouthing or calling christians all sorts of names. Like I still don't know who's more irritatiting
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:21am On Oct 15, 2023
okay cool noted
222Martins:
grin grin grin Materialism! Materialism!! Materialism!! has taken over the church. It now all about the flow of money from you in your branch to the Church HQ; and even if the members of a branch are dying, money never flows back from Church HQ to the branch where you worship. You are on your own.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2023
cheesy How, explain a bit.
orumba:
Church people are the most wicked people. Period
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2023
God also wants us to meet together, to assmeble and he says, where two or more are gathered in his name, he is there.

nick50:
I stopped going to church when I learnt that one can still go to heaven without going to church..God himself lives in our heart

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by CaptainFM1: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2023
I stop going because of too much indecency and immorality from the so called men of god.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2023
Did you receive the Holy Spirit, does not have to mean you spoke in tongues as a prove, but you felt renewed, and Joy.

If you did, then pray to God and read your bibile and ask him to help you understand and discern, and watch various pastors even from other countries and trust me, you will develop your sense of dicernment with the help of God, not by man.

You are seeking mans wisdom, not the wisdom of God, its time to seek God for yourself not mans wonder. Like your pastors in Nigeria want you to think their drama and high voice is sufficient. grin

emerged01:
I grew up in Baptist church and I later moved to Pentecostal church. While I was enjoying the new doctrine,the exposure and motivational packages, at some point all things I was enjoying began to leave me hungry for the true word of God which I found missing as I tried connecting back to my root by moving from one Pentecostal church to another.
Gradually,the zeal,the passion for church dropped amidst of my struggle for bread of life,confusion in doctrines among the bodies of christ killed the passion "patapata". Till now I found no church worth going. Maybe tomorrow I may find because I still wish to go back to church.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Bigchristo: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2023
Myer:
Sundays are usually set aside for church, to worship and praise God.

-So many still derive pleasure in going to church despite life's challenges.
-Yet so many have stopped going to church due to one reason or the other.

If you fall in the second category, kindly share why you stopped going to church.
Let's encourage one another in love.

The answers to our questions and the solution to our problems are in the Presence of God- in our personal secret place and the gathering of saints.

Meanwhile, let's prep for service.
Prayers are still being answered.
Most churches are scam, I can pray to God in my house and get the blessings

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Krisdan(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Its not an obstacle, just know God for yourself and ignore the drama.

Some people like when people scream and shout and do drama, while others like yourself seek understanding, which is better. But in all things we walk in humlity.

Noted
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by phemmyfour: 11:29am On Oct 15, 2023
Myer:
Sundays are usually set aside for church, to worship and praise God.

-So many still derive pleasure in going to church despite life's challenges.
-Yet so many have stopped going to church due to one reason or the other.

If you fall in the second category, kindly share why you stopped going to church.
Let's encourage one another in love.

The answers to our questions and the solution to our problems are in the Presence of God- in our personal secret place and the gathering of saints.

Meanwhile, let's prep for service.
Prayers are still being answered.
I never stopped. Church is GATHERING of believers not building. We gather from time to time both online and offline
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by NACE13: 11:40am On Oct 15, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Good luck to you in your new faith or belief. There's no basis for arguments

No argument here.
As a Christian or believer that you are, why'd you just conclude they are Unbelievers? Is that what you were/are being taught in Sunday school?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Samunique(m): 11:40am On Oct 15, 2023
Cc: Seun, @op, Nlmod, what do you want to achieve with kind of controversial topic that you always push to the front page almost every Sunday ?

Meanwhile, I am yet to see a topic on Fridays that ask the Muslims why they stopped going the mosques.

@op, you need to stop this kind of topic if you're not doing so with an negative motives.

Abi what's your gain in trying to spite the church with this type of topic . undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by soccerlite: 11:43am On Oct 15, 2023
SonofGod231:
I always go to church,I just change from one church to another when they become boring and demanding.

Yes

Christians should be pragmatic
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by homodarah(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2023
I stop going to church when I lost my wife sometime May I was a very dedicated workers, members of the church has come to me to return back to church but whenever I remembered my wife my spirit is down,I have lost it all I always missed Her all the day.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Eriokanmi: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2023
NACE13:

No argument here.
As a Christian or believer that you are, why'd you just conclude they are Unbelievers? Is that what you were/are being taught in Sunday school?
Like I said, no arguments. Happy Sunday. Have a wonderful week ahead
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by thaoriginator: 11:52am On Oct 15, 2023
Icarus99:
Pastor say we don finish bible
gringringrin Best comment so far

Wetin come remain na to dey enter heaven be dat ooo cry
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by soccerlite: 11:53am On Oct 15, 2023
Samunique:
Cc: Seun, @op, Nlmod, what do you want to achieve with kind of controversial topic that you always push to the front page almost every Sunday ?

Meanwhile, I am yet to see a topic on Fridays that ask the Muslims why they stopped going the mosques.

@op, you need to stop this kind of topic if you're not doing so with an negative motives.

Abi what's your gain in trying to spite the church with this type of topic . undecided

Mosque is different from church

Especially in set up and worship model

Nowadays most churches have become complicated

Churches now focus more on extracurricular activities, money, prosperity than on gospel

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by soccerlite: 11:55am On Oct 15, 2023
homodarah:
I stop going to church when I lost my wife sometime May I was a very dedicated workers, members of the church has come to me to return back to church but whenever I remembered my wife my spirit is down,I have lost it all I always missed Her all the day.

Are you angry with your church about her death or still mourning her
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Olichoke: 11:56am On Oct 15, 2023
Only death can stop me from going to church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by NACE13: 11:56am On Oct 15, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Like I said, no arguments. Happy Sunday. Have a wonderful week ahead

LOL. Exactly what I thought.
I'll try my best to enjoy my week ahead. Well, I woudn't wanna judge until I get there though. I hope you do the same too.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SonofGod231: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2023
soccerlite:

Yes

Christians should be pragmatic
I am my own belief system.
I simply want to connect with my God. It pains me to see double standards.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by joshkke(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2023
BXNX:
i believe most churches are scam!!

Then look for the genuine ones, pls
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by joshkke(m): 11:59am On Oct 15, 2023
[quote author=BXNX post=126410000]i believe most churches are scam!![/q
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Banbanna(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2023
A very enlightening comment, btw. Generally speaking, muslims don't often post things that'll call their religion into question. Like, asking Why did you stop going to the mosque? They're that conservative with their religion. Liberalism wan almost finish Christianity.
SAMBARRY:
As much as I don't like attacking or criticizing churches,I have a feeling that that is the purpose of this thread because if not so why this thread of all days, sunday.meanwhile as irritating as Muslims can be with their violent and unruly tendencies,you Will never see them badmouthing where they go to slam their head.even they themselves know that they are toxic to each other but you will never see them opening their yansh for the world to see.yes they're overbearing but they have unity of purpose and know how to cover each others bs.

Christians it's enough stop running down churches and pastors.yes we have bad eggs amongst pastors making Christianity seem like a joke but dragging them every Sunday will change nothing.going to church is a personal decision.if you want to go,go,if you don't want to go you can rest at home but it's not necessary to state why you chose not to go to church because you owe no one any explanation.christianity is an individual race not a collective journey

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by mejetov422: 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
Church na scam
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by joshkke(m): 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
homodarah:

May GOD comfort you, bro
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by frankblinkz(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
bluefilm:

ALL not most.
I was born in a kind of church were you think that it's only us that will make heaven and every other church are not worshipping a true God.
That's how I was program to accept my own church as a Christian,so I asked myself with this were is the love amongst us as christians with other christians.

Last last No pastor is fulfilling the commandments that said thou shall love thy neighbor as thy self.
If you doubt me,Ask if any deeper life pastor can attend a celestial church program obeying their instructions by removing their footwears too,and also a Lord's choosen pastor attend a Catholic adoration program.
Vice versa for other churches.
Pastors keep scattering the bible to suit their own selfish interests.
Pastors keeps investing members money on different businesses.
Owning of schools that members can't afford.
Competition of biggest churches.
Dunamis is highest capacity more than a football stadium.
They now have five services on a Sunday,Ah !! What happened to preaching against lateness to church.
This time don't worry come any time with your offerings.
Pastors make themselves God, compelling women to respect them more than their husbands.
You cannot visit any church in peace,they will ask for first timers and trap them convincing to always come back,so the person don't have a church before coming to yours or what.
Imagine coming to pay me a visit as a pastor without calling to know if I'm around just because your church is still new..
Once it's members are large,they don't remember you exist.
Once they need more money they hold programs with heavy titles for a week.

Inside church you will bring items as gift for pastor,they stay in your presence and resell it.
I swear person fit buy one garden egg for 30k inside church (no be juju be that)

Church is purely a business
Omo work hard and pray to God, your prayers will be answered

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by spencekat(m): 12:04pm On Oct 15, 2023
homodarah:
Take heart bro.It is still well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God / Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.