Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* (5954 Views)

Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic / Are Certificates Really Overrated? What I Saw In My Uncle's House / Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by aremubabs: 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2023
2aces:
If you have sense, you will understand they are using your so called woke and over literate mind against you, except ofcourse you are one of them.

Bro, the word "gay" can also mean "cheerful".

Moreover, it is there to rhyme with hay and other words with /ei/ ending sounds.

You and the owner of your daughter's school are unbelievably ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Ikpunnegi01: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2023
Gay get other meanings naa.. Must everything be sex or about sexual things..
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Aladdin1(m): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2023
2aces:
Wiseman when you have kids, that's if you will ever have one, pls teach what you please. Thank you
Oga shut up! and go learn English. They are correcting you and you are still saying nonsense. You are obviously not sound in English language. And am sure you got an fg in English like Buhari. You should be ashamed of yourself. "if he would ever have kids" You are sick!
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2023
2aces:
Your mother is a w.hore, at least I use archaic english for this one grin
The real tragedy here is that complete and utter fools like you get to make children.

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by kokoA(m): 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2023
Vinnie2000:

It's Bright and FAIR!

Don't change the Song, Plz! 🙏😏
You went to a kpako school... No offense.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Luckysbab: 2:14am On Oct 16, 2023
2aces:
Oga if I meet you face to face I go still beat you and lock you up, so mind your foolish utterance so you dont get yourself in trouble.

Honestly, I have to admit you come across as a stupid person. All brute and shallow reasoning.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Ashjane(m): 5:46am On Oct 16, 2023
dealslip:
When I was growing up, gay meant Happy. We were thought to be gay. To be clear I started Nursery 1 in 1985. So homosexuality as gay is a very very recent thing. As recent as the early 2000.
😂
Omo old people plenty here o...me think say na only me old for here
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:54am On Oct 16, 2023
Let us be gay = Let us be happy!

Illiteracy is not a disease,
It's something worse.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by RevolverOcelot(m): 7:45am On Oct 16, 2023
sal1974:
Associating the word gay to homosexuality is a recent things,growing up the word is used as synomn of happy,so the intension of the author of the book has nothing to do with homosexuality
I wonder o. Gay can also mean happy or merry
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by OKUCHI11(m): 8:36am On Oct 16, 2023
sal1974:
Associating the word gay to homosexuality is a recent things,growing up the word is used as synomn of happy,so the intension of the author of the book has nothing to do with homosexuality
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by BrutusOj(m): 9:06am On Oct 16, 2023
nairalanda1:

No the problem is that certain words and their meanings have changed.

Let's also be honest, the Queen's primer is out of date even. [b]There are much better textbooks of English [/b]out there
Please, kindly suggest an English textbook for early years pupils (Nursery 2) that can aid their reading ability.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by sageb: 9:26am On Oct 16, 2023
sal1974:

You nailed it.
During the time of William Shakespeare, Francis Bacon, et al , the word "Gay " meant to be in a happy mood.
In this century, the word "Gay" has a new meaning I. e Homosexuality.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Freebills12: 9:28am On Oct 16, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
KillahPriest:
Nigerian education has really gone to shît. Did you bother getting a dictionary definition of that so called offensive word ? Una too dey expose una mumu for this country aswear

Don't blame the OP rather blame the so called civilized countries. The rate with which they propagate this word 'gay' (in terms of homosexuality) has made all other meaning to vanish into thin air.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Bankowner: 9:31am On Oct 16, 2023
OP! Abeg, it's not everything that we should take seriously and negatively.

"Let us be gay" in the context of the book means "Let us be lighthearted and carefree" or "Let us be merry".

And I'm sure you know it's words that rhyme that is being taught here.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Rickmann: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2023
2aces:
So I was helping my four year old daughter today with her home fun, reading the queens primer given by her school, and I was shocked to my marrow at some of the words and sentences these kids are being psychologically indoctrinated with into homosexuality. Children were made to say a sentence like "LET US BE GAY"
I was alarmed and had to immediately call the owner of the school to lay complaint and she too screamed blood of Jesus, that she always go through all materials before handing out to the teachers but this very one being the popular "queens primer" she never expected such to be inside and she had returned several books in the past on social studies that contained homosexual contents like two dads and two mums etc. She even told me some school owners get paid huge sums of dollars to intentionally circulate these materials in their schools!
She thanked me and promised to withdraw the "new queens primer" from her school.

Dear parents, always be aware of the information your kids consume cos nowadays you dont have to be in us or uk for your kids to be at risk of indoctrination. Be alert

the word gay can also mean cheerful or happy.

so no fear, they were correct in that book grin
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Blazebond(m): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2023
sal1974:

They have got you and that's how some oversabi clowns like you are also going to fall for it,the "gay" in that book right now means homosexuality,stop clowning yourself with oversabi
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by 2paid2Bmad: 11:20am On Oct 16, 2023
This are the type of people that argue on political issues, depositions and societal problems daily.

God why Africa, especially Nigeria? 😭😭
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by dealslip(f): 11:31am On Oct 16, 2023
Ashjane:
😂
Omo old people plenty here o...me think say na only me old for here
lol! how old you be?
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 12:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
BrutusOj:
Please, kindly suggest an English textbook for early years pupils (Nursery 2) that can aid their reading ability.

Ask an educationalist...or check the internet.

(there should be alternatives...I did nae use English primer)
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Ashjane(m): 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hmm
dealslip:

lol! how old you be?
40🙂
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by dealslip(f): 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ashjane:
Hmm40🙂
O da, we still old pass 40.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by BrutusOj(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Ask an educationalist educationist ...or check the internet.

(there should be alternatives...I did nae use English primer)
Sometimes you guys sound so confident when countering an opinion on a post but with little insight on the topic of discussion. I was expecting you to start mentioning books not telling me to check Google when you confidently mentioned that, there are better English textbook to boost reading skills.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 11:21am On Oct 18, 2023
BrutusOj:
Sometimes you guys sound so confident when countering an opinion on a post but with little insight on the topic of discussion. I was expecting you to start mentioning books not telling me to check Google when you confidently mentioned that, there are better English textbook to boost reading skills.

Okay.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by amber222(f): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2023
sal1974:
exactly. I checked the meaning and it means "happily, joyfully and lively". The author doesn't mean what people are interpreting it to be.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by chieni(f): 2:17am On Oct 24, 2023
sal1974:
Was the word actually there from inception?
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Caleb15(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2023
Our kids are on one week holiday both Private & Government school, WHY?
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by 2aces(m): 8:25pm On Jan 09
chieni:

Was the word actually there from inception?
I doubt it was
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by DavidEsq(m): 10:20pm On Jan 09
sal1974:
Don't mind the fool. Thinking he has made a groundbreaking discovery of some deep conspiracy of biblical proportions. Whereas, he's just showing his educational poverty. I sorry for the pikin wey get this kain illiterate papa
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by DavidEsq(m): 10:22pm On Jan 09
2paid2Bmad:
This are the type of people that argue on political issues, depositions and societal problems daily.

God why Africa, especially Nigeria? 😭😭
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Wallahi! Wearing their ignorance and foolishness on their sleeves like it's the new fashion

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by 2aces(m): 12:38pm On Apr 06
Blazebond:

They have got you and that's how some oversabi clowns like you are also going to fall for it,the "gay" in that book right now means homosexuality,stop clowning yourself with oversabi
No mind these woke people and over sabi, the devil is using their wokeness against them without their knowledge

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of School Which Refuse Waec After Four Years / List Of Admitted Students Into St. Winifred Innovative Polytechnic (7th List) / Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.