Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,822 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas (50770 Views)

Only Those Who Had Their Primary In The 80s And 90s Can Relate / How Many Of You Did This During Christmas / What My Life Looks Like During This Lockdown | Farming, Swimming, Having Fun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by 07kjb: 7:38am On Oct 16, 2023
I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS

BUT WE STILL HOLD UNTO OUR UNIQUE MASQUERADE ANYWAYS

CHRISTMAS IN OWERRI IS HEAVENLY
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Khd95(m): 7:43am On Oct 16, 2023
I am from a Muslim background, but Christmas’s like this, enough flexing Dey thru out the neighborhood, my parent frowned at us eating at neighbors houses but we will definitely form gang with our colorful rubber shades, some come with covers others come with straps

And then we mount area with our toy guns, I definitely miss child hood, if I can go back in time I want to live some moment twice

However being from a Muslim background, na during salah we Dey enjoy most, my papa Dey always kill ram, neighbors and friends dey dash us big raw meat and plenty rice

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by descarado: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2023
ahnie:
You see that small odogwu on coattsuitblaze he's now a big man in china town.
Ahnie, which one be you among them cheesy

I stopped enjoying Christmas before I hit my 20 for some reasons. Those omata boys will never allow one to rest. So during Xmas, I'm never in the village.

They don't know how to toast a babe at all. Always covering their insecurity with money and gift. More money, more gifts and its like competition among them. Once someone show interest, the rest around him will try to outdo him in buying gifts and money with 1 million promises cheesy

The educated ones will use grammar finish you cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by ahnie: 8:12am On Oct 16, 2023
I nor dey the pishure nne
descarado:

Ahnie, which one be you among them cheesy

I stopped enjoying Christmas before I hit my 20 for some reasons. Those omata boys will never allow one to rest. So during Xmas, I'm never in the village.

They don't know how to toast a babe at all. Always covering their insecurity with money and gift. More money, more gifts and its like competition among them. Once someone show interest, the rest around him will try to outdo him in buying gifts and money with 1 million promises cheesy

The educated ones will use grammar finish you cheesy
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by DyingFetus: 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
I spent most of my childhood at an orphanage then got kicked out at 11 for sexual relations with a minor and multiple thievery

I got placed in a mental institution at 12 then ran away at 16

Childhood sucks ಠωಠ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by descarado: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
ahnie:
I nor dey the pishure nne
I know, just looking for your trouble.
Hope you all are kicking
Positivity to the kids darling.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by ahnie: 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
Thankyou sweetie pie.same here!
descarado:

I know, just looking for your trouble.
Hope you all are kicking
Positivity to the kids darling.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by 234GT(m): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
Curious345:
where did you grow up

Abeokuta
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Chibuzoripob: 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
cool Those good old days ur parents and ur neighbours go buy same clothes for their kids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by iamtardey: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
Whoever got this pics need remake it it’ll be beautiful 🤩
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by moneyissweet(m): 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
Na you wear bongo jeans for front.

madscientist88:
lol here is something as a reminder , birthday in my compound 1992,who can spot me in this pic?

3 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by CrownLands(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
WOW! Not too long ago, we used to look forward to the Christmas season.
Not anymore! Harsh economy don make our parent no wan hear. "Papa, Mama, Christmas dey come... You go buy me shoe, clothes, eyeglass, knockout..."

4 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by keymatt(m): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
madscientist88:
lol here is something as a reminder , birthday in my compound 1992,who can spot me in this pic?
Omo these ones don old finish. Even the smallest one don marry with children grin grin grin
Good old days of Majek Fashek, Rakimono, Vwone chaka chaka, Oyeka etc. 😎

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Banbanna(m): 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
Yeah mehn!, those good old days when Christmas was really a day to look forward to. Kids like us go dey do countdown to Xmas, hoping to get some those plastic spectacles of different colors & shapes. Dressing no dey complete without am 🤓

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Aguiyimba(m): 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
No be lie...

I just came across a similar photo we took way back in the 90's,on an Xmas day......

Even the coat wey me and my brothers wear make me laugh so hard grin. I wonder who taught those tailors and seamstresses those award winning styles grin

Gone are those days cha............I remember the first Xmas when my father bought fancy shoes for us instead of our regular sandals....Out of over excitement,I brought it out to show off to my friends...... Unfortunately little did I know my father was busy watching me all those while, from upstairs grin.......That was how a huge knock landed in my head and he also ended up seizing the shoes.....

Abi na those times wey we go stroll go our aunts and uncles houses grin. And settle down chop stew rice,cuz jollof rice and fried rice wasn't common as at then... At the end,na who we visit him/her Uncles dormot pass wey give us money go get the highest amount of money when the money is being shared cheesy

Oil dey your head guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Simdyofficial(f): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
Awwwwnnnn smiley
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by timilehin007(m): 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
Don’t know about others o. In my family, by now our Christmas clothes (lace mostly) is ready to be given to tailor to sow.
By now everywhere is already bubbling with bangers. Honestly I still wonders what changes, I mean, the weather/climate and atmosphere those days around this times of the year till Xmas and new year is different, one could easily felt Xmas ahead, many adverts on radios, amusements parks making announcements, markets atmosphere changes, I don’t know how to explain this without mincing words. I’m feeling so nostalgic

14 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Paracetamol01: 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
Jennyclay:
Back then, There’s this card that is called promise card. The card contains list of gifts like money, sweet, biscuits, caprisun juice, dress, shoe etc. When Christmas is approaching, I used to carry the card around to school, church, neighbor’s house and even visitors so they could tick any gift they wish to give me on Christmas Day.

Some will fulfill their promises while some won’t. It was really fun as a kid.
this got to show how ladies have being begging since the creation of the earth

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by rickyrex(m): 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2023
Was there anything like poison those days? Wad there enemy? Cause i could recall how we used to visit peoples house and eat rice and minerals without fear. We were given money without any bias mind. Chai i ask do children of this days still visit peoples house to eat and drink freely?
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Banbanna(m): 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2023
E reach to fight for, coz you guys know that on your way back, you're definitely getting a generous treat from Uncle K😋
poshestmina:
grin grin .

We were always fighting for who to go and give one Uncle Kelvin and his wife food(they were the most generous neighbors).

Then the excitement of showing off your new oversized cloth grin grin grin.
You will wake up 20times before dawn to check it, make them no tiff or rough am cheesy.

Good memories.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Chochovini: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
[quote author=Evestar200 post=126421279]I missed those days,
ARE You really sure you were born by then? Don‘t get me wrong, I promised I won‘t call you indomie cos I know many here are commenting just to flow along not to appear left behind. Eg Jeon and co.
Now, tell us the truth, were you born by then?
No harm intended.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by akpumping7720(m): 3:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
The atmosphere suppose don change by now with the feeling that Christmas is around the corner.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Chochovini: 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
Smitaro100:
Toy handset and watch nko? grin
. Indomie spotted. For you to have talked about toy handset.

2 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by PissInside: 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2023
Christmas back then was the bomb 💣

Is it the visit from close friends and extended relatives with enough to eat and drink with lot of cash gifts from rich Uncles/Aunties 😒

Or the knockout competition where we blow bangers/knockout from Christmas eve till early morning of Christmas 😍

On Christmas day, there'll be so many parties everywhere and decorations with so many funfair.

Gosh so many memories

8 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Parrot69: 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
Back then when we use to dream for Christmas clothes. cheesy
If you eventually no pass your exam during that period, Otilo cry

4 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Oritna94(m): 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
234GT:
When men were boys.

There is this racket that you would fill up with the powder from matches head, and use a nail to press it down, then you slam it against the wall to give a loud bang. This was before bangers and knockouts.....

Good old days when one had nothing to worry about as kids........

Chai, I remember this banger. We used to use spoke of a motor bike to do then. I miss those days. No fear of kidnapping. You can eat food in any one's home. How things have changed.

6 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by eepeepook: 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
Not in my case. I’ve never liked glasses.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by tuoyoojo(m): 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
No be lie...

I just came across a similar photo we took way back in the 90's,on an Xmas day......

Even the coat wey me and my brothers wear make me laugh so hard grin. I wonder who taught those tailors and seamstresses those award winning styles grin

Gone are those days cha............I remember the first Xmas when my father bought fancy shoes for us instead of our regular sandals....Out of over excitement,I brought it out to show off to my friends...... Unfortunately little did I know my father was busy watching me all those while, from upstairs grin.......That was how a huge knock landed in my head and he also ended up seizing the shoes.....

Abi na those times wey we go stroll go our aunts and uncles houses grin. And settle down chop stew rice,cuz jollof rice and fried rice wasn't common as at then... At the end,na who we visit him/her Uncles dormot pass wey give us money go get the highest amount of money when the money is being shared cheesy

Truly nostalgic!!!

Close to Christmas, I would save my transportation money to school and would rather trek so I can save money to buy knock out.

During Christmas eve ,We would dey do "war" with the opposite compound using the bangers

There was this time, someone threw a banger from the other compound. One of us decided to jump on top of it ( mimicking soldiers who sacrifice their lives by jumping on grenades). The guy don watch too much American films

Omo! Na to the thing explode come peel the guy skin o. Imagine say him nor even wear shirt then

Very funny times

7 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by tuoyoojo(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2023
234GT:
When men were boys.

There is this racket that you would fill up with the powder from matches head, and use a nail to press it down, then you slam it against the wall to give a loud bang. This was before bangers and knockouts.....

Good old days when one had nothing to worry about as kids........

For delta that year, na our knock out be that. We go steal matches then to run am
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Smitaro100(m): 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
Chochovini:
. Indomie spotted. For you to have talked about toy handset.

Ebot.. I was born in d 90's, how is dat a crime? undecided
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by joinnow: 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
Rapmoney:
If you grew up as a Nigerian kid in the 80s and 90s, you can surely relate to this. Fondest memories.

Please share your 80s and 90s Christmas experiences as a kid.

Few days preceding Christmas, we used to shoot toy guns with pipes gotten from old abandoned refrigerators. This was before knockouts and bangers were introduced. We would add the head of a matchstick and fire with a loud sound. Some kids used to dig the ground to make a particular spoon shape and pour hot led gotten from condemned battery to make a loud sounding device called 'Agadagbo'. Old Bendel kids can relate.

welcome to the new world
naija MATRIX

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? / Igbo-Ora, Oyo Has The Highest Number Of Twins In The World / How Facebook Relationship Ended 11-yr-old Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.