Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas (50792 Views)

Only Those Who Had Their Primary In The 80s And 90s Can Relate / How Many Of You Did This During Christmas / What My Life Looks Like During This Lockdown | Farming, Swimming, Having Fun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by FREEMADNESS: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
Jennyclay:
Back then, There’s this card that is called promise card. The card contains list of gifts like money, sweet, biscuits, caprisun juice, dress, shoe etc. When Christmas is approaching, I used to carry the card around to school, church, neighbor’s house and even visitors so they could tick any gift they wish to give me on Christmas Day.

Some will fulfill their promises while some won’t. It was really fun as a kid.

Am sure they used that promise card to spread ur legs back then 😆
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Alusiizizi(m): 5:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
madscientist88:
lol here is something as a reminder , birthday in my compound 1992,who can spot me in this pic?

Hair-line! That rules out all but two boys from that pic. Widely spaced eyes, which gives us the taller boy in the back-row at the right hand side of the picture, wearing horizontally striped white shirt.

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Chochovini: 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
Smitaro100:

Na person wey loose your chain I blame. undecided
. E don enter insult? You fit stand me? Make e no come be you like hamas vs Israel o. No be who first start throe punch o but who finish victorious.

Which chain first make I no how I go take arrange am for you wella. Which chain?

Ohoo u mean that chain wey dem be take tie your great grand ancestor before e come reach your father“s turn?
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by madscientist88(m): 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Hair-line! That rules out all but two boys from that pic. Widely spaced eyes, which gives us the taller boy in the back-row at the right hand side of the picture, wearing horizontally striped white shirt.
nice guess,thats a family friend right there with the striped shirt you mentioned on the right,i am that dark kid in yellow stripes in the middle behind my kid sis in white gown standing behind the cake.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by madscientist88(m): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
keymatt:
Omo these ones don old finish. Even the smallest one don marry with children grin grin grin
Good old days of Majek Fashek, Rakimono, Vwone chaka chaka, Oyeka etc. 😎
lol
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by dNortherner(m): 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
Jennyclay:
Back then, There’s this card that is called promise card. The card contains list of gifts like money, sweet, biscuits, caprisun juice, dress, shoe etc. When Christmas is approaching, I used to carry the card around to school, church, neighbor’s house and even visitors so they could tick any gift they wish to give me on Christmas Day.

And you're still single? Subhanallilah!

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Alusiizizi(m): 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
madscientist88:
nice guess,thats my big bro right there with the striped shirt you mentioned,i am that dark kid in yellow stripes in the middle behind my kid sis in white gown standing behind the cake.

Funny, I initially ruled out your older brother, after considering your profile as well as your advertised birth year of 1988. The boy looked too mature to be 6yrs old or thereabout, which , given your birth year and that old 504 Peageut parked in the background means that this picture was probably taken around 1993~1995. In fact it was one among the two boys in the middle row at the right hand side of the picture that I considered before remembering hairline. Your profile picture is deceptive, in my opinion.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by madscientist88(m): 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Funny, I initially ruled out your older brother, after considering your profile as well as your advertised birth year of 1988. The boy looked too mature to be 6yrs old or thereabout, which , given your birth year and that old 504 Peageut parked in the background means that this picture was probably taken around 1993~1995. In fact it was one among the two boys in the middle row at the right hand side of the picture that I considered before remembering hairline. Your profile picture is deceptive, in my opinion.
lol i made a mistake thats not my big bro in yellow stripes in the far right,my big bro is in red stripes in far right.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Alusiizizi(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2023
madscientist88:
lol i made a mistake thats not my big bro in yellow stripes in the far right,my big bro is in red stripes in far right.

In the last row?
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Eddaman77(m): 6:14pm On Oct 17, 2023
Chochovini:
. Indomie spotted. For you to have talked about toy handset.
I second you brethren
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by madscientist88(m): 6:14pm On Oct 17, 2023
Alusiizizi:

In the last row?
yes
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Smitaro100(m): 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
Chochovini:
. E don enter insult? You fit stand me? Make e no come be you like hamas vs Israel o. No be who first start throe punch o but who finish victorious.

Which chain first make I no how I go take arrange am for you wella. Which chain?

Ohoo u mean that chain wey dem be take tie your great grand ancestor before e come reach your father“s turn?

Tnx for telling us d type of chain dem use chain you wen d kolo pass gear..
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Dshocker(m): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
Jennyclay:

But you weren't born in the 90s
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by sisisioge: 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
Where is the one with white singlets, panties and socks ? Na that we dey wear for morning

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Jennyclay(f): 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
Dshocker:

But you weren't born in the 90s
I was born in the 60s

Mtcheww!!! Shior!!!

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Ishilove: 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
Yes ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Memories 🥺
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Dshocker(m): 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
Jennyclay:
I was born in the 60s

Mtcheww!!! Shior!!!

No be fight na, you look like someone born around 2002-2006.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Evestar200(f): 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
[quote author=Chochovini post=126458029][/quote] I was born in 2023
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Abuloma80(f): 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
Jeon:
All those things you mentioned are still available,but location matters.

My thoughts exactly! No much difference with those in the 2020s they are all the indomie generation. So l will rather talk of those in the 60s and 70s!
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by dgagar(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
madscientist88:
lol here is something as a reminder , birthday in my compound 1992,who can spot me in this pic?

You are the one with that blue top at the back of that young girl in a yellow cloth
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Burgerlomo: 8:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
😂😂😂👍
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by lagonovo: 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2023
Chai, see the legendary Peugeot 504 (Pijo) in the background grin grin

madscientist88:

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Chochovini: 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2023
Smitaro100:

. Oh, so dis disgusting trash is till quoting me? I see.
It‘s your entire family pedigree that‘s insane. No wonder you talks much more about chain cos you‘re very familiar with it. As something that‘s very much available in your madness infested family. Don‘t you see?
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Karnice600: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
madscientist88:

This must have been a rich compound. Everyone looks well fed

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Chochovini: 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2023
Evestar200:
I was born in 2023
. Interesting.
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Pristine664: 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
madscientist88:

Peugeot in the garage in a house with this kind of door/window in 1992, you are from a very rich family bros.

Abi u be politician pikin? cool

2 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Chochovini: 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
Smitaro100:

. Oh, so dis disgusting trash is still quoting me? I see.

Well, u knw wat? It‘s ur entire family pedigree dat‘s insane. Hence u keeps talking abt chain chain chain cos u‘re very familiar wt it as smting dat‘s very very available in ur madness infested family. Don‘t u see?
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by ednut1(m): 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
Meerahbel:
Gen z spotted.
i no be Genz . Na poor man pikin dey dress like this for xmas lol

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Yinksy09(m): 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
Wow those days when we know chrisgamd is approaching. Mummy will do shopping for us at oshodi.

Oraimo is unveling something big very soon.

Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Smitaro100(m): 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
Chochovini:
. Oh, so dis disgusting trash is still quoting me? I see.

Well, u knw wat? It‘s ur entire family pedigree dat‘s insane. Hence u keeps talking abt chain chain chain cos u‘re very familiar wt it as smting dat‘s very very available in ur madness infested family. Don‘t u see?

It seems d chain alone is not helping matters, you need psychiatric injection to help calm your nerve.. because if you are not mad, you won't be quoting me twice typing dsame thing.

Shalom..
Re: Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas by Kay25(m): 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
Meerahbel:
You can hardly have a decent conversation without them touching their phones. Some are addicted to social media.
so much addiction and yet no making use of it to the best...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband’s “runs Girl” Used Juju On Him; Wife Of Defunct Skye Bank Chairman / Igbo-Ora, Oyo Has The Highest Number Of Twins In The World / How Facebook Relationship Ended 11-yr-old Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.