Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,593 members, 7,827,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad (25602 Views)

As A Proponent Of Anti Corruption, Will You Accept This Job? / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Ijaya123: 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
mrvitalis:

Exactly same number of their staffs that are living well sir... Exactly the same number

Same banks that are paying below 200k per month? Dey play.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by MT: 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
@harsysky which country do you actually reside?
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by harsysky(m): 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
OvertheTop:

Why are you converting the Canadian Salary to Naira?
Will he be Spending in Naira?

He will be Spending in Canadian Currency...That will Then Make No difference from his struggling situation in Nigeria

Read through the thread. He would spend in dollar but his savings would be more than that salary of 500k naira in a month. Do we love enjoyment more than investments in this country?

There is clearly time for everything naa. Is he going to exhaust all his earnings in a month? When you go abroad, you will have better planning of yourself than what you are now. There is no time to lavish when you ain't a footballer. Even a footballer doesn't even have time to spend their money.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by thegooddieyoung: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
What is the value of 350k Naira right now?

Do the maths for your hourly value at this amount. That money is grossly less than 1k dollars per month oh!!!

MegaBozz:
You have been searching for a job for long but nothing came up. Then you decided to travel to Canada for a master's degree and then Japa all the way to hustle in Canada.

You were granted a visa and the day you are suppose to travel you get a call from an oil company you had dropped your CV to inform you that you have been given a job with a salary of N350k per month, an official car, private accommodation for 5 years and free medical care as a staff of the company.

Will you accept this job offer and turn down your travel to Canada or will you still travel and turn down the job offer.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by OvertheTop(m): 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
praxs:
I assume you are newly employed, hence seeing 350k as a big token. You can actually survive on 350k salary in Nigeria but unless you have other source on income, you will not achieve much even after 3years of working.

If you do your home work well and see that you have a good chance of landing a job in Canada, I will tell you to go for it.

Take the Canada route and you might just be among the lucky ones to have something doing there. In 3 years of working there, atleast you will be able to save something even with the high bills and taxes.

Only remain in Nigeria if you are among the lucky ones like myself, where I work for an organization that pays me 4,000USD per month. Yes you heard me, 4,000Usd per month.

Best wishes to you

shocked shocked
if you Reside in Nigeria, that Means you are Spending in Naira....
Thats concerts to 4Million Naira per Month!!
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by praxs(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
OvertheTop:

shocked shocked
if you Reside in Nigeria, that Means you are Spending in Naira....
Thats 4M Naira per Month!!

No, in USD. It’s a regional position for whole of west Africa. Hence, the payment in USD, EUR or POUNDS (liberty to choose any of the 3 currencies)

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by OvertheTop(m): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2023
COMPAQ:

Haba!!! Which N7k food are you eating?

And no you don't need N2mln to N5mln in Nigeria. If you earn N1mln a month net in Nigeria (all other things equal) you are probably better off in the short to medium term than someone who earns $5k net in America where rent for a 3 bed alone could take 40% of that. However if you get a N4mln 3 bed in Lekki, you have spent 33% on housing. And with fewer bills to pay.

To put it another way, someone earning $5k a month may struggle to buy ticket to come to Nigeria (credit card aside) more than you can afford a ticket to fly to America with your N1mln.

In the long term though because of devaluation, that's where the challenge will be.

Exactly.

The way One can massively be at a financial Advantage is to EARN THE FOREIGN CURRENCY HERE IN NIGERIA AND SPEND IN NAIRA!

2 Likes

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by miketayo(m): 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Canada is 100% better than Nigeria in all ramifications.

The way people overhype situations is my problem, and many have been led astray by such!

I saw a video on Tiktok where the guy sold his house to make it to UK and also incurred debt in Nigeria, only to get stranded. Such people were deceived about these false exaggeration we talking about.

Just let people know the sacrifices and odds, and how they can grow from that starting point.

Not saying, come over and make 20,000,000/month

Anyone that is going to sell everything has to make sure the money he gets can keep him in Canada for 3 months without a job.
I would still advice anyone earning less than 1m to leave if they get the chance
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Nezzjnr: 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2023
miketayo:

3k monthly in Canada, will get you a good house on rent, a very decent car and so many other things. you can compare the quality of life of someone that earns 3k CAD in Canada to someone that earns 1m naira in Nigeria
LOL

Delulu
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Coquinoqui: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
MegaBozz:
You have been searching for a job for long but nothing came up. Then you decided to travel to Canada for a master's degree and then Japa all the way to hustle in Canada.

You were granted a visa and the day you are suppose to travel you get a call from an oil company you had dropped your CV to inform you that you have been given a job with a salary of N350k per month, an official car, private accommodation for 5 years and free medical care as a staff of the company.

Will you accept this job offer and turn down your travel to Canada or will you still travel and turn down the job offer.

That's 350usd bro
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by OvertheTop(m): 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2023
kunle75:

If you're sure of what you just said,please and please leave Naija, I was in same situation in 2017 and no regret or whatsoever now.
I visited Naija in June 2023 and am glad I took that risk to japa.

No even now that $1 is over and above 1k already.
That's about $350 a month menn please move on bro.

I'm Sure You are Still investing in Nigeria and Buying Nigerian Assets that's why you are still coming Back...
What is your Real Plan for the Future for these assets?

Do you intend to come back and settle at Old Age?
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by mrvitalis(m): 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ijaya123:

Same banks that are paying below 200k per month? Dey play.
Sure pay some people 20 million a month sir
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by tyup(m): 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:

You typed ignorantly.
No firm will provide accommodation to a 350k pay grade.

Type about things you know and stop trying to scam on the forum.

NAF, NN, FIRS, FAAN. will give you a house even with a pay grade of just 250k for a start talk more of an Oil company. what are you saying??

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by OvertheTop(m): 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
MegaBozz:

But How were You Jobless for So Long......and Then out of the Blues....Able to Cough out 20 million Naira to Japa?
How did you do that? shocked shocked shocked

And How come You are Impressed by 350k/Month potential New job After Gathering About N20 million for Travel? shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Sirchiboy: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2023
Roboto11:

Don't tell me you belive his fables?

Need job bro.
Man don dey old.
No work.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by yusufmurry: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
MegaBozz:

350k is too small. Forget all those tips that are coming with the job, you can lose them any day anytime. They are not guaranteed. Only that 350k is yours if they can pay swiftly.

Baba, jakpa for a decent life and for the future of your children

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Roboto11: 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Need job bro.
Man don dey old.
No work.
All I can say is skill up.

How old are you?

What are your qualifications?
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Sirchiboy: 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2023
Roboto11:

All I can say is skill up.

How old are you?

What are your qualifications?
HND computer science.
No skill or hand work.
I don't want to do Yahoo.
All my course mates back in school don marry, build houses and dey drive the latest cars in town.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Roboto11: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2023
Sirchiboy:
HND computer science.
No skill or hand work.
I don't want to do Yahoo.
All my course mates back in school don marry, build houses and dey drive the latest cars in town.

What is your strength in Computer Science?
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by KillIgbohoN0W: 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
tyup:

NAF, NN, FIRS, FAAN. will give you a house even with a pay grade of just 250k for a start talk more of an Oil company. what are you saying??

B4 nko?
Federal Government get accountability?

Which private firm can try such except na pako house.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by tyup(m): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:

B4 nko?
Federal Government get accountability?

Which private firm can try such except na pako house.

But Actually Some Private firm are reputable. My sister works for a Private institution and they pay her house rent every year (they wont give u a house you'll look for house urself) until she's promoted to the next level

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by mastermaestro(m): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
mrvitalis:

King of where?

Petrol for car is say 100k , house rent for a good place is 150k a month
That's 250k

Eat in an eatery is 7k per day to 15k per day

With 500k you would be struggling

To be a ok in Nigeria, live how u want to live you need 2 million to 5 million a month

Go and sleep, you egoistic boy. sad

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by OvertheTop(m): 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
harsysky:

Why should I ask someone that has built 3 great houses in lagos. Can one build 3 great houses on 500k naira salary? Answer, please.

Oh, he was Investing (building) in Nigeria with his savings in Canada to FINALLY COME BACK TO NIGERIA TO SETTLE DOWN RIGHT?
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by FreeBiafra2018(m): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:

Hehe
Obviously you're an undergrad or you never been in a big firm before. grin

350k salary does not come with paid accommodation anywhere. HMO & office car (Corolla), maybe.

The firms that can afford paid accommodation pay more than 350k salary for such staff.
Una go just dey form wentin una no Sabi, I know a company that pays 1m for the highest ranking staff, 45k for the lowest ranking staff, from the lowest ranking staff to highest ranking staff owns a car given by the company though different categories of cars, currently the company have asked all staff who has at least one plot of land to indicate for the company to build 4 bedroom flat for each staff.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by carls003(m): 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
Mr poster, next time, bring the two options realtime so I can make my choice. Stop all this assumptions joor. "If to say" by Timaya playing in my head
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by MyAmericandream(f): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
planetx:
Canada health care is in shambles, you people on NL have no clue.

No be only shambles na shrubs you for talk. Canada health care system and naija own no be mate.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by AdaAwka1: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

20 million as a truck driver 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who are those telling you all these lies!

You just convert dollars to Naira and start fumbling.

Did the driver talk you how much he pays for the truck loan, insurance, gas, maintenance and all his personal expense.

Everyone will be a truck driver in Canada if it was that lucrative!

dont mind dem dey just convert the whole earnings with out removing expenses which is 90percent of the earnings.

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by OvertheTop(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
miketayo:

Anyone that is going to sell everything has to make sure the money he gets can keep him in Canada for 3 months without a job.
I would still advice anyone earning less than 1m to leave if they get the chance

You mean Chance to Gather N 20 Million Naira to Get There.
How do Struggling people get this Amount
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by dhope: 4:30pm On Oct 16, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:

Hehe
Obviously you're an undergrad or you never been in a big firm before. grin

350k salary does not come with paid accommodation anywhere. HMO & office car (Corolla), maybe.

The firms that can afford paid accommodation pay more than 350k salary for such staff.
I disagree with you sir. I know of an indigenous construction company that gives someone 230k net salary and gave him official residence in an estate in Abuja and company car to move around with family HMO package. It depends on your negotiation before taking the job

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by planetx: 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
MyAmericandream:

No be only shambles na shrubs you for talk. Canada health care system and naija own no be mate.
What do you know, I guess you know Canada more than Canadians.

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by harsysky(m): 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
OvertheTop:

Oh, he was Investing (building) in Nigeria with his savings in Canada to FINALLY COME BACK TO NIGERIA TO SETTLE DOWN RIGHT?

A man has got to go back to his root no matter how you look at it. He may not even come back but it gives him this confidence and assurance that he has something to fall back to incase any thing happens.

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by PlushyRealtor: 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
N350,000 is too small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Natforce Calling / Nigerian Army Opens Application Portal For Direct Short Service Course 26 / 9 Jobs That Don’t Require A University Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.